VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

58 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

@VertFTW Did you load up on XRP at 20cents??????

Na focusing on eth mostly...since I'm on vacations this weeks figured I didnt want to be looking at the monitor to time getting out of xrp(imo it's today). 

Will probably exit mY remaining eth in a bit

Exit strategies on BTC i'd like to hear 'em if you have em. Basically BTC & Dollar are anchored X two converging forces as one goes up the other will go down over time. We might even see the stop of average joe/jane being able to buy in fairly soon(ish) & or HODL'ed especially if officially widely adopted & regulated by gov. 

At a certain point dollar is gonna keep going down & cost of living going up along with hyper inflation & disruption with this "great reset" coming which it will happen just a matter of time.

BTC is pretty much the new gold so when you cash out ( if you do ) when/where to put it becomes the question if the dollar loses much of it's value? You don't wanna kill your gainz converting back to dollars. 

Rare art, gold, diamonds? < Can't exactly pay/eat those so easily but they'll retain value for a long time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Exit strategies on BTC i'd like to hear 'em if you have em. Basically BTC & Dollar are anchored X two converging forces as one goes up the other will go down over time. We might even see the stop of average joe/jane being able to buy in fairly soon(ish) & or HODL'ed especially if officially widely adopted & regulated by gov. 

At a certain point dollar is gonna keep going down & cost of living going up along with hyper inflation & disruption with this "great reset" coming which it will happen just a matter of time.

BTC is pretty much the new gold so when you cash out ( if you do ) when/where to put it becomes the question if the dollar loses much of it's value? You don't wanna kill your gainz converting back to dollars. 

Rare art, gold, diamonds? < Can't exactly pay/eat those so easily but they'll retain value for a long time. 

I plan to hold my "real" Bitcoin at least through 2026....I plan to sell some of my shares of GBTC once bitcoin is around $50k and then some more if it approaches $100k.....I'll take that cash and hold it until real Bitcoin enters another bear market, then I'll dollar cost average into more real bitcoin with that cash.....I'll also use some of it for a family vacation and other material things and real estate (couple hundred acres in the middle of nowhere) or a chalet in the mountains.

I'm sticking with Bitcoin longterm.

• Like 1

I'm still a bit skeptical of BTC going to even 200K by the end of 2021. 

I'm also waiting for McAfee to eat his own d!ck from prison. Make sure you pay your taxes folks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, StompGrind said:

I'm also waiting for McAfee to eat his own d!ck from prison. Make sure you pay your taxes folks. 

Yeah I mean for sure retail is out and not interested at all in BTC above 1k so right now imo this run up is basically a bail out for miners and centralized exchanges...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

3 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah I mean for sure retail is out and not interested at all in BTC above 1k so right now imo this run up is basically a bail out for miners and centralized exchanges...

I had 2 friends this week call me to ask how to buy bitcoin...I tried to get them to buy in May 2019 when it was $7-$8k but they didn't listen....they bought yesterday.

Just saying...retail will come...but normies wont show up until the media start to say things like:  Well, you remember when Bitcoin hit $20k in 2017?  It just blew through it's prior ATH and is now at $30k with many believing it will hit $100k within the next few months.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I had 2 friends this week call me to ask how to buy bitcoin...I tried to get them to buy in May 2019 when it was $7-$8k but they didn't listen....they bought yesterday.

Just saying...retail will come...but normies wont show up until the media start to say things like:  Well, you remember when Bitcoin hit $20k in 2017?  It just blew through it's prior ATH and is now at $30k with many believing it will hit $100k within the next few months.

Yeah will be interesting to see if retail suckers will put their hand in the fire again...greed seems to never fail v

But I wonder if the majority learned their lesson...will bump this post end of next year

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

6 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Yeah it's just gonna take enough naysayer normies in financial world but there is still lots of resistance even though it's starting to become more normalized. 

Most average folk I've talked with have heard of BTC but barely know much about it or how to get into it. 

Things like CashApp & Coinbase etc. will probably help with the younger gen but the boomers & Gen X who actually have money to invest it might be a while b4 they're on board once the rest of the financial sector really gets after it. 

I've been a convert myself since around mid 2018 & thought is was interesting since at least 2016(ish)

I am slightly convinced we probably hit a new floor past 15K but i'm finding it hard to see a new floor being past 50K anytime soon. Hopefully I'm wrong though....I'd love to see it jump hugely though. 

• Like 1

BTW What did you recommend them on how to buy to your friends? 

Offline digital/paper wallet storage route or something like Coinbase? 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

BTW What did you recommend them on how to buy to your friends? 

Offline digital/paper wallet storage route or something like Coinbase? 

i told them to buy at coinbase and then to look into offline storage options (cold card, ledger, etc)....they are total normies so I tried to get them the more mainstream options.

16 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Yeah it's just gonna take enough naysayer normies in financial world but there is still lots of resistance even though it's starting to become more normalized. 

Most average folk I've talked with have heard of BTC but barely know much about it or how to get into it. 

Things like CashApp & Coinbase etc. will probably help with the younger gen but the boomers & Gen X who actually have money to invest it might be a while b4 they're on board once the rest of the financial sector really gets after it. 

I've been a convert myself since around mid 2018 & thought is was interesting since at least 2016(ish)

I am slightly convinced we probably hit a new floor past 15K but i'm finding it hard to see a new floor being past 50K anytime soon. Hopefully I'm wrong though....I'd love to see it jump hugely though. 

Once the media starts to report the price, and all the billionaires that have already joined....normies will come...it is inevitable.  but please, give me once more chance at $12k bitcoin please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

OMG, my own freaking brother is a limp wristed weak handed foglet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF

He sold all his bitcoin/xrp earlier this year b/c he got scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOOOLYYYYY SHEEEEEEET

What an idiot!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

OMG, my own freaking brother is a limp wristed weak handed foglet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF

He sold all his bitcoin/xrp earlier this year b/c he got scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOOOLYYYYY SHEEEEEEET

What an idiot!

I actually went a little over what i initially said I'd invest. I'll probably invest a little more b4 the end of the yr or early next yr. 

So much for discipline but hey YOLO & it's the risk takers that get to fk the prom queen. 🤣

• Haha 1

I only wish i had dat trust fund kinda money to invest 🤣 

I'd flip it easy in the next 5 yrs & be ready to retire comfortably like a boss. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I only wish i had dat trust fund kinda money to invest 🤣 

I'd flip it easy in the next 5 yrs & be ready to retire comfortably like a boss. 

i've already tried to get my wife to agree to mortgage the house and buy bitcoin with it....a hard NO was her response.....so I told her to stay poor and slept on the couch.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

i've already tried to get my wife to agree to mortgage the house and buy bitcoin with it....a hard NO was her response.....so I told her to stay poor and slept on the couch.

Hmm a tangible asset that you can actually live in or receive rent from vs a internet IOU backed by nothing other than the hope to unload it later to a bigger sucker 🤔🤔

• Haha 2

Just now, VertFTW said:

Hmm a tangible asset that you can actually live in or receive rent from vs a internet IOU backed by nothing other than the hope to unload it later to a bigger sucker 🤔🤔

PptaXjvJlzISx417HG2l2k1DKABBc4r5VQNek-G3

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

WTF

HOOOLYYYYY SHEEEEEEET

What an idiot!

Lol

Let's be frank nobody wants to get into crypto other than to make more fiat...that's the bottom line. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying. 

With the extreme volatility it's best to dollar cost average in but that takes more discipline than most retail investors/gamblers can do so yeah you will see people ape in and out because they dont have a legit game plan.

Even me I have preached DCAing since forever but it's really really hard to keep discipline since you have these Twitter shills yapping. I got a good amount of Eth through DCA and dumped some two weeks ago to lock in profits...if next dop comes will buy in more but HODLing btc and 💩 coins is hard because they are backed by nothing.....not a hard asset.....highly manipulated......NYAG/feds are going to shut down tether eventually......lots of risks so have to manage this appropriately AND not have a large percentage of your money in this asset..I think I have like 5% right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

PptaXjvJlzISx417HG2l2k1DKABBc4r5VQNek-G3

If i had a house, wife & kids i wouldn't gamble the house even with BTC or Tesla which i do believe in. I only rent which frees me up a little but i'm not gamble that much even with my savings. 

That said I'm glad i didn't listen to him on Tesla. In literally like a month i already earned myself about the equivalent of a Trump bucks check. It's set to take off like a rocket only wished i'd got in even sooner. Tesla stock is projected to hit +6000 a share in the next 5 yrs & unless he dies or something it's almost guaranteed that. 

Hopefully in 5 yrs from now the three of us are gonna be Ballin' hard out of control.

1*QY3CBj_RhDrmigCffkkiwg.jpeg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Lol

Let's be frank nobody wants to get into crypto other than to make more fiat...that's the bottom line. Anyone that tells you otherwise is lying. 

With the extreme volatility it's best to dollar cost average in but that takes more discipline than most retail investors/gamblers can do so yeah you will see people ape in and out because they dont have a legit game plan.

Even me I have preached DCAing since forever but it's really really hard to keep discipline since you have these Twitter shills yapping. I got a good amount of Eth through DCA and dumped some two weeks ago to lock in profits...if next dop comes will buy in more but HODLing btc and 💩 coins is hard because they are backed by nothing.....not a hard asset.....highly manipulated......NYAG/feds are going to shut down tether eventually......lots of risks so have to manage this appropriately AND not have a large percentage of your money in this asset..I think I have like 5% right now.

completely and strongly disagree with the bold.

And if you really think it's "backed by nothing"....I think that's a shortsighted view of what specifically Bitcoin offers.  It's funny b/c all of your complaints (not backed by anything, not a hard asset, highly manipulated, etc)...IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DOLLAR IS!!!!!!!!!  It is ONLY backed by the threats of govt!!!!  Eventually, just like ALL other fiat currencies, it will fail in totality...it's already failing btw, which I think you recognize.

I do believe that if you did a little more research into it, you'd believe in Bitcoin. Ultimately, it is backed by the properties it possesses and the functionality/integration it offers for the digital age.

0*KGADAwZD1pktM-rD

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StompGrind said:

If i had a house, wife & kids i wouldn't gamble the house even with BTC or Tesla which i do believe in. I only rent which frees me up a little but i'm not gamble that much even with my savings. 

That said I'm glad i didn't listen to him on Tesla. In literally like a month i already earned myself about the equivalent of a Trump bucks check. It's set to take off like a rocket only wished i'd got in even sooner. Tesla stock is projected to hit +6000 a share in the next 5 yrs & unless he dies or something it's almost guaranteed that. 

Hopefully in 5 yrs from now the three of us are gonna be Ballin' hard out of control.

1*QY3CBj_RhDrmigCffkkiwg.jpeg

yeah, I would never really mortgage the house on anything b/c I do have a family to think about...but I 100% would for Bitcoin if I was on my own.

I took profit on TSLA on Monday and SPCE yesterday (made 110% of my monthly trading goal just on Tesla/spce alone lol) ...still holding 1/2 position too on TSLA...and looking to add more at some point.

Just now, StompGrind said:

That said I'm glad i didn't listen to him on Tesla.

Yep always DYOR and never listen to people on the internet.... the times when I have lost the most money is when I stray away from my convictions due to outside noise...

I listen to a few select people for tips or certain signals...ie peter Brandt 

• Like 2

Also, don't think Bitcoin just sort of popped out from nothingness...it is the end results of decades of work...all leading to the digital age and change in the financial systems

ekyny9dxyaap5td-format-jpg-name-large-jp

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

And if you really think it's "backed by nothing"....I think that's a shortsighted view of what specifically Bitcoin offers.  It's funny b/c all of your complaints (not backed by anything, not a hard asset, highly manipulated, etc)...IS EXACTLY WHAT THE DOLLAR IS!!!!!!!!!  It is ONLY backed by the threats of govt!!!!  Eventually, just like ALL other fiat currencies, it will fail in totality...it's already failing btw, which I think you recognize.

I do believe that if you did a little more research into it, you'd believe in Bitcoin.

0*KGADAwZD1pktM-rD

Agreed. Eventually there may be something that replaces BTC but for the foreseeable future it is the future of storing money & information. Almost everyone with a brain in the finance world recognizes that now & soon the world will.

The definite nature of blockchain, the speed of transaction & the scarcity alone makes BTC very valuable. Not so different than rare art or gold or diamonds in the scarcity regard and Blockchain itself has massive implications for all sorts of industries because of the definite record keeping since it currently cannot be hacked & it can be tracked & traced precisely. 

There will be ups & downs but I don't think it's going anywhere but up anytime soon. BTC is not a fringe or a fad & blockchain is 100% the future of finance & many other industries. 

Eventually there may come something that replaces it or takes the lead but I'm very confident we're a long ways a way from that happening. We might even see physical paper & coin go away b4 BTC does. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

I do believe that if you did a little more research into it, you'd believe in Bitcoin. Ultimately, it is backed by the properties it possesses and the functionality/integration it offers for the digital age.

0*KGADAwZD1pktM-rD

What is BTC backed by? Lol

And yeah sorry I think I cut my original post on this topic short.. what I meant to say is people have fiat and want more of this....some use crypto to invest/speculate to make more fiat...once they dump on the next retard you are correct these people dont want to stay in fiat because it's obviously not a asset so it will tend to depreciate....people want to convert the extra fiat into a asset(property, PMs, stocks, commodity, business, etc) that's how the cycle works in crypto...anyone telling you otherwise is lying.

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

BTC is not scarse btw...it can be copied and it can still be created.

see....bro...this is not true...stop listening to schiff/dr idiot...read broski....smh

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

see....bro...this is not true...stop listening to schiff/dr idiot...read broski....smh

Go check how many forks(copies) of BTC there are? Bch ltc etc etc Plus now there is wBTC lol it's not scarse...at all.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Go check how many forks(copies) of BTC there are? Bch ltc etc etc Plus now there is wBTC lol it's not scarse...at all.

that fact that you think those are BTC is what makes you wrong m8....research it homie...you are better than this.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

Schiff is gold bull scammer that's been trying to sell gold for the last decade or more. I don't listen to what he has to say on anything. He's as bad as Q-anon on delivering gold promises that never happen lol 

White paper would be a good start on reading. For starters only 21 million BTC will ever be created. It was a built as a scarce digital currency system. The mining will slow as it reaches each new milestone towards it's end and it was designed that way. It's expected to be finally be fully mined in 2140. We got a century & some change barring something really radical happens. 

BTC is totally unique & a finite resource but the beauty of it is even once the last one is mined people will still participate in validating new transactions because there is a small fee along with TXID attached to every transaction so there will always be money to be made off further transactions. Barring the world don't blow up or the sun burns out in theory that will go on forever. We can't predict the future & maybe something does come along that replaces it & is ten times better but for now there is nothing even close to that on the horizon except for maybe true quantum computing. 

Most of these other alt coins & BTC derivatives are total joke at worst & sloppy code at best in comparison from what i've read/heard & plenty of them are not even all that secure. 

BTC itself is completely un-hackable ( possibly quantum computing could challenge that way into the future ) but straight up currently it's a one of a kind masterpiece. 

It is that special snowflake in a world full of turds. 

• Like 1

Been thinking about this for a while now but in the future all of this IoT, data collection & blockchain will probably be used as a social credit "policing" & or new tax system. 

In other words every single thing you do electronically is monitored & recorded in perpetuity. < We're already almost there with that. 

You're mistaken if you think they're are doing that for ad rev & behavioral profile mapping etc. to max out interest, time spent, influence of behavior etc. to maximize profits. It's much more than that....

All digital data is a footprint record that will be stored forever. It's a personal signature identification commodity in time that will eventually & slowly be used to leverage everyone. 

For example maybe instead of paying taxes remember that time you sped 3 miles over the speed limit it will cost you say 2 bucks John Spartan. They gonna nickle and dime us to death with everything you do or don't do. 

That time you ate a salad instead of eating junk food or fast food you earn credits for that & all aspects of life will be "time stamped" & graded for credits in this way. Those are just examples but something like that is coming IMO. The infrastructure is already there. The seashells will follow. 🤣

Something to think about but i think that's where all this stuff is headed most likely in some form or another whether we like it or not. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Lol BTC backer close to being shut down

Was looking through that thread and came across this & almost threw up in my mouth lol.

EoAxwHoWEAMLQTO?format=jpg&name=large

EoA6O7bW8AEa5mB?format=jpg&name=large

So they won't read or collect the data & will delete every 24 hrs.....Yeah right 

"Smart side walks" to network an Alexa IoT system for whole neighborhoods whether you want it or not to basically spy & or syphon steal bandwidth from everyone's WiFi? 

Lol FK U Bezo you beady eyed evil bastard. 🤣

• Like 2