VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

3 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Yeah I'm not always that great at explaining things in the most basic ways sometimes especially on the internet. I tried to give examples & analogies. I'm also fairly new to learning about NTF's but i understand the basics & the potential. 

What do you mean by emperor's new clothes? Blockchain/crypto is not some fad thing if that's what you're thinking. You should read more on it if you don't understand this. 

Crypto currency will very likely replace fiat money entirely at some point in the future & most governments will adopt their own versions of digital currency. Wide scale adoption won't come over night just like any developing tech but it is going to happen eventually. It's pretty much inventible assuming no great catastrophe befalls us. It's basically like Fiat is a horse & crypto is cars. I mean yeah people still ride horses but hardly anyone uses as a primary mode of transportation unless you live on a small farm or you're Amish. 

Blockchain is absolutely 100% going to be the future of how all networks function & operate at peak efficiency & more ways are developed to retro fit blockchain tech to be applied in nearly every industry you can think of which will happen on a long enough time scale. Seems few understand this but the reason why that's already happening & will become massively adopted is it's just better & the better idea wins in tech. 

Verified validation proof of work + automated networks + eventually working in tandem with precise sensors, machine learning robots, data analytics & AI is FAR superior & has infinite applications for nearly every industry. It's just a way more scientific approach. More accurate, productive & less wasteful than humans ever could be and the cost/energy/time associated to run those networks will get way less costly, more energy efficient, run much faster and be less prone to error. Over a long enough time scale this is going to have have a more dramatic impact than what the industrial age did. 

The slower adopters are going to be relics of the past very quickly. 

When i say "emperor's new clothes", i was referring specifically to the notion that buying a gif with bitcoins was some crazy, out there, game changing thing.  

Blockchain and cryptocurrency aren't the same thing....blockchain enables cryptocurrency. So of course blockchain isn't a fad, as it enables a ton of other things as well (by the way, a lot of the Swedish system is based on blockchain).  Crypto may or may not be a fad

When would you predict that crypto will overtake Fiat?

11 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

When i say "emperor's new clothes", i was referring specifically to the notion that buying a gif with bitcoins was some crazy, out there, game changing thing.  

It could be some wacky thing that doesn't really take off. I know when wealthy collectors, artists, geeks, tech nerds, gamers, streamers, & Logan Paul influencers etc. a lot of people in tech and business adopt all this crypto stuff NTF's could be a new very popular standard of goods & services especially online.

Regardless there is already a niche market for them that is just starting & it's already big enough to pay attention to. 

Blockchain and cryptocurrency aren't the same thing....blockchain enables cryptocurrency. So of course blockchain isn't a fad, as it enables a ton of other things as well (by the way, a lot of the Swedish system is based on blockchain).  Crypto may or may not be a fad

Correct blockchain enables cryptocurrency which is a digital currency but also an asset class or digital store a value that in many ways is superior to fiat & only gonna get far more superior given time. I'm sorry but Crypto is not a fad we're beyond that point now. I'm not sure on many of the alt coins but stable is here to stay for the long future unless something better comes along which may happen but it still won't make them useless. It's not gonna creep up on us either. 

Visa, Mastercard etc. btw are already backing cards this yr that will be using crypto. BTC by itself is already a larger market than the entire Dutch stonk market. Think about that! Coinbase is a few billion shy of being worth more than Goldman Sachs what do u think happens in another 10 yrs. It's going to take over fintech whether u like it or not. 

When would you predict that crypto will overtake Fiat?

It's already being discussed in tech / financial / banking circles incase you been under a rock lol.

All srsness nobody can predict when crypto currency overtakes fiat & it may not totally but if i had to guess maybe 15-20+ yrs or possibly sooner it probably but i do think it becomes THE standard but i also think fiat will still be an option for those old souls that still wanna use it for quite a while. Eventually it may be completely replaced. IDK 30-40 yrs? There will of course be resistance on both ends but the superior more popular tech wins out and I'm supremely confident crypto is far superior than fiat. 

Eventually i really do 9000% think you're gonna have to have skin in the game with crypto whether you like it or not it's gonna be a part of the system & most will use it. 

You seem uber conservative on all this disruptive tech stuff. You might be right dude who really knows and things can change but on crypto i very seriously think there is a high probability your take is wrong. We're already well past the point of it being a fad & headed fast towards being a new standard giant that is simply part of the system for better or worse. 

It's ok to be that questioning Mr. skeptical guy i often am too. I'm just trying to tell you it's us older gentlemen & our old ways that's going out of style...so you might wanna get with the times & please try to catch up unless you have plans for living off the grid which is fine and that's your choice. 🤣

Edited by StompGrind
  • Thanks 1

I've been thinking about this lately & if China builds up this infrastructure project with the belt road initiative they will basically control a massive amount of trade. Something like 65% of the world's population is in that area of the belt road initiative project. It's pretty brilliant actually & they're full stream ahead investing in the infrastructure. 

If they were to go hard on a digital Yuan it may replace the dollar at some point as the worlds reserve currency & we may all be using digital Yuan. 🤣

Edited by StompGrind

10 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Eventually i really do 9000% think you're gonna have to have skin in the game with crypto whether you like it or not it's gonna be a part of the system & most will use it. 

You seem uber conservative on all this disruptive tech stuff. You might be right dude who really knows and things can change but on crypto i very seriously think there is a high probability your take is wrong. We're already well past the point of it being a fad & headed fast towards being a new standard giant that is simply part of the system for better or worse. 

It's ok to be that questioning Mr. skeptical guy i often am too. I'm just trying to tell you it's us older gentlemen & our old ways that's going out of style...so you might wanna get with the times & please try to catch up unless you have plans for living off the grid which is fine and that's your choice. 🤣

Oh, i have no issue with switching to crypto if it replaces regular dosh. If my company decides to pay me in bitcoin, restaurants accept it as payment, and the local supermarket is pricing their carrots in bitcoin, then sure, I'll use it, and quite happily.  But that ain't going to happen any time soon - certainly while there is a high level of volatility.

IMO, people investing in bitcoin should be hoping that it doesn't become main stream.  Main stream currencies don't double in price in a week, and then halve 2 days later. 

Lol, you make me sound like old granny still trying to pay for their weekly groceries with her check-book. Just because i haven't rushed out and sold everything I own to invest in Tesla and BTC doesn't mean I'm going to get left behind. I don't invest in anything at the moment - i have a mortgage in the UK and would rather pay that off than speculate right now.  

My scepticism is mainly reserved for the hubris, the "9000% certainties", the "It's a new paradigm" and the "it can't possibly be a bubble" statements.  Pretty sure people were saying that 400 years ago when they were buying tulip bulbs like crazy.  I remain unconvinced that somehow, suddenly, miraculously, in all of economic history, you've stumbled on the two assets that are magically immune from the economic rules.

Anyway. Keep us posted on the NFT cryptoart. That genuinely does sound intruiging!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Oh, i have no issue with switching to crypto if it replaces regular dosh. If my company decides to pay me in bitcoin, restaurants accept it as payment, and the local supermarket is pricing their carrots in bitcoin, then sure, I'll use it, and quite happily.  But that ain't going to happen any time soon - certainly while there is a high level of volatility.

IMO, people investing in bitcoin should be hoping that it doesn't become main stream.  Main stream currencies don't double in price in a week, and then halve 2 days later. 

Lol, you make me sound like old granny still trying to pay for their weekly groceries with her check-book. Just because i haven't rushed out and sold everything I own to invest in Tesla and BTC doesn't mean I'm going to get left behind. I don't invest in anything at the moment - i have a mortgage in the UK and would rather pay that off than speculate right now.  

My scepticism is mainly reserved for the hubris, the "9000% certainties", the "It's a new paradigm" and the "it can't possibly be a bubble" statements.  Pretty sure people were saying that 400 years ago when they were buying tulip bulbs like crazy.  I remain unconvinced that somehow, suddenly, miraculously, in all of economic history, you've stumbled on the two assets that are magically immune from the economic rules.

Anyway. Keep us posted on the NFT cryptoart. That genuinely does sound intruiging!

When you're ready to buy a gif, shoot me a PM. Good deals.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

After countless posts from @VertFTW claiming the bitcoin bubble would pop b/c of the NYC AG going after Tether....it's finally over...get REKT Vert

lol, they basically pumped themselves out of getting shut down over the last year and they can never do business in NY (maybe other US states to come)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol, they basically pumped themselves out of getting shut down over the last year and they can never do business in NY (maybe other US states to come)

Riiiiiiiiiiiight....this was the backbone of your entire 2017-2020 thesis for Bitcoin...HUGE L

L

Edited by SVTContour98

9 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

After countless posts from @VertFTW claiming the bitcoin bubble would pop b/c of the NYC AG going after Tether....it's finally over...get REKT Vert

7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

5 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiight....this was the backbone of your entire 2017-2020 thesis for Bitcoin...HUGE L

L

Vert and Roubini/Schiff completely REKT

6 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

L

Lol yeah lets see how it goes for tether in a couple of months once federal watchdogs hey the case...lol 

Crypto degens will mold narrative to keep the cash cow going lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Lol yeah lets see how it goes for tether in a couple of months once federal watchdogs hey the case...lol 

Crypto degens will mold narrative to keep the cash cow going lol

TAKE THE L BRO!!!!!!

IT IS TRULY ALLLLLLLLLL YOURS!!!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

JuSt WaIt TiLl FeDeRaL wAtChDoGs HaVe ThE cAsE

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, StompGrind said:

Locked in some TSLA profits. Maybe i'll kick myself for not waiting longer all things considered it's probably the smart move. 

@VertFTW

If BTC hits 80K by June can we rename the thread to FightClubBets 🤣

good timing in hindsight.....maybe if you beleive the bubble hasnt popped yet might be a good time to start to reaccumulate in a couple of weeks.

16 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

I've lost $80 since buying

image.png.46f3db0df0e500edaca4ba6ffbbaf6b3.png

lol

just hold....CashApp just bought another $170million and MicroStrategy just bought another $1.02 BILLION on this dip...it will resume pamping at some point.

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

just hold....CashApp just bought another $170million and MicroStrategy just bought another $1.02 BILLION on this dip...it will resume pamping at some point.

unless bagholders are using institutional demand to exit

32 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

That is possible....You seem to live in constant fear, did you sell everything yet?

lol not fear...its called risk management. I havent sold it all yet....have been taking profits here and there on certain positions...still have my SNX, AAVE, ETH bags and some BTC.

remember I was one of the biggest ETH bulls in nov? Im not that big a ETH bull now that its a bit overextended.

• Like 1

Swiss Private Bank Bordier & Cie Launches Crypto Trading for Clients (yahoo.com)

Bordier & Cie, a private Swiss bank founded back in 1844, has started offering cryptocurrency services to clients.

• Announced Wednesday, Bordier & Cie clients will be able to buy, hold and trade cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash and tezos.

• The new offering comes via an integration with Sygnum’s B2B digital assets banking platform, which was said to be completed in less than 60 days.

• “We have seen increasing demand from our clients to diversify into alternative asset classes such as digital assets,” said Evrard Bordier, managing partner at Geneva-based Bordier & Cie.

• The digital assets firm will be responsible for custody of private keys for the cryptocurrencies, as well as choice of liquidity providers, anti-money laundering procedures and transaction monitoring.

• Sygnum’s Swiss arm holds a banking license in the country, while its Singapore entity holds a capital markets services license.

• Like 1

so if Bitfinex/tether have to prove reserves in about 90 days....what do you guys think will happen to BTC price? Its already proven they didnt have practically anthing to back up USDT.....This will be a massive hit to BTC price appreciation IMO over next few months...maybe a bit of opp for some ALTS to appreciate here and there.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

You really don't want BTC to become mainstream. Then it behaves like a normal currency. 

Just keep on buying the dips.

It wont be a currency...not yet anyways....it will first take over the store of value function

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

It wont be a currency...not yet anyways....it will first take over the store of value function

Don't worry about any of this futuristic nonsense mate.  You'll be talking about Elliot waves next.

Just buy the dips. You're over-thinking it. Excuse the profanity.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 9:59 AM, VertFTW said:

Yeah I remember when I posted that to @CanPass because he was being delusional about the market when BTC was at about 20k in 2017.....he got REKT betting the wrong way and left the board lol....

Too busy living the rich life to conversate with you anymore. 

Feeling salty now huh?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2