Jump to content
VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

just waiting for the first major Country to pull an El Salvador....then i will be hella tempted to move

I've been looking into some places. A few of these got my attention.

https://decrypt.co/43513/10-countries-that-dont-tax-bitcoin-gains

Might have to go see my homie @MauroPedrosa

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News of Steve Cohen from point 72 & Soros getting into BTC not sure how to feel about that lol

I wonder what this 7/12/2021 d8 Pomp keeps tweeting is all about. If it's new toppings for bitcoin pizza I'll never look at another tweet of his again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

any coins look good right now? only one in top 100 is COMP maybe AAVE??

 

maybe ETH

havent paid too close attention..but I have seen an AAVE chart from multiple sources showing $100 as a low target....can you imagine!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, VertFTW said:

any coins look good right now? only one in top 100 is COMP maybe AAVE??

 

maybe ETH

COMP, AAVE MKR are all great bags to have if you go in early but a lot of crypto is still underpriced. 

Way i look at investing in crypto is 50/25/25 rule & i DCA.

1. Tier 0: King & Queen: 50% of some combination of portfolio allocation goes to btc/eth & that's pretty much set in stone for me. They're digital gold & oil of crypto.

2. Tier 1: Bishops, Knights, Rooks of crypto get 25%. larger to mid caps with serious momentum & staying power. < Use profits to acquire more Btc or eth

3. Tier 3-4:  Pawns get 25%. Smaller caps with potential growth or a small allocation of this 25% for straight up gambles that could have massive return. 

4. Earing APY on all your crypto if you can is kind of big deal long term to compound interest & Tether, DAI etc. stables can also be good way to do that since they generally earn higher APY without as much risk. You could throw the "gambling" portion tier 3-4 into stables & earn more APY if you wanna be less aggressive. 

Here's my general take on tiers & a lot of them are currently under priced. 

Tier 1: Established & vital to the ecosystem. Long term you almost can't go wrong with these. 

ADA
UNI
SOL
LINK
MATIC
THETA
DOT

Tier 2: Decent potential to move up 

BNB
VET
ATOM
EOS
MANA
ALGO
ETC

Tier 3: Riskier but fairly big moon potential out of nowhere

XML
AMP
HNT
SNX
CTSI
DOGE
XRP

Tier 4: Riskiest of the risky but teh massive pump n dump trash tokens are enticing. 

Any of the BS meme coins, animals & stuff you never heard of that pumps n dumps on BSC, Coingeko, UNI etc that won't exist for long 🤣

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if you h8 crypto having most of your money in fiat is absolutely retarded at this point. You could have a lot in stables & be earning actual interest YOY. 

This is an interesting CRT & ILIT strategy as well. All your fav billionaires do it. Has it's limitations but worth considering. 

 

Edited by StompGrind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

E5np_ZxXoAE6yYy?format=jpg&name=medium

Around June 20-21 was a perfect time amirte. 😉 Look at the charts for almost anything on those days. 

Beginning half of the year i was kind of not paying attention as much just buying little dips but also bought things too high sometimes getting euphoric & it ****ed up my average a little being that aggressive. Lessons learned. 

The worst is when you buy something after a dip thinking it's gonna bounce then before it's above water again making a good climb it double crashes harder than the first & you think to yourself did i even want that much of this $hit right now? Should i just take the L & move on to free up what's left? Or double down & wait for it to climb again which could be a while. 

Then if you take the L of course it goes up faster than you thought. If you don't it goes sideways for months 🤣

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

guys, you should start being anti-CBDC and pro-whatever is opposite of CBDC right now

 

 

Not often talked about but this is just as bad. 

"Banks, by law, were required to hold a minimum of 10% of their holdings in reserves so they can meet their obligations in case of an emergency. They just got rid of that requirement on March 26, 2020. Banks are no longer required to keep any percentage of their deposits in reserves."

I mean what's the worst that can happen if we have run away inflation, a major market crash + a bank run with no reserves? 2009...1929?

5b4907d25a6e8e798f8ce3bc1eb65dbc.jpg

this_is_fine.jpg

To be clear i don't think inflation will get too out of hand maybe on premium assets but not overall & it will reverse as soon as things really pick back up or we can just cervesa sickness our economy to death until all the tech giants, drug companies, subsidized farming, energy, defense contractors & corrupt politicians are the only games left in town

I mean besides traders/investors, twitch streamers, YT podcast, & paid ad sponsor/subs plus onlyfans of course or straight begging or scamming on social media there'll be nothing left but stimmy''s & McDonalds & maybe free popcorn at AMC if you own some shares & have an NFT to confirm. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Not often talked about but this is just as bad. 

"Banks, by law, were required to hold a minimum of 10% of their holdings in reserves so they can meet their obligations in case of an emergency. They just got rid of that requirement on March 26, 2020. Banks are no longer required to keep any percentage of their deposits in reserves."

I mean what's the worst that can happen if we have run away inflation, a major market crash + a bank run with no reserves? 2009...1929?

5b4907d25a6e8e798f8ce3bc1eb65dbc.jpg

this_is_fine.jpg

To be clear i don't think inflation will get too out of hand maybe on premium assets but not overall & it will reverse as soon as things really pick back up or we can just cervesa sickness our economy to death until all the tech giants, drug companies, subsidized farming, energy, defense contractors & corrupt politicians are the only games left in town

I mean besides traders/investors, twitch streamers, YT podcast, & paid ad sponsor/subs plus onlyfans of course or straight begging or scamming on social media there'll be nothing left but stimmy''s & McDonalds & maybe free popcorn at AMC if you own some shares & have an NFT to confirm. 

 

Frankly, it was a slippery slope when they abandoned the gold standard. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Frankly, it was a slippery slope when they abandoned the gold standard. 

I agree & most people have no clue what is going on or what's coming. These perpetual growth cycles & the bubble burst that comes with it along with the collateral damage it causes is designed to keep the poor poor & the rich richer and that gap is getting worse. Barrier to entry to compete in the job market for decent wage or be an entrepreneur is getting harder with all these monopolies and you can't beat them so you have to join them.  

It would be fine though if gov reduced wasteful spending & there was strong incentive for business not to go all in on digital product/service, more automation & outsource everything until there is nothing left. I see where this is all going & it's not good. 

Get ready for digital wallets tacked on to the banking/credit payment systems along with universal basic crypto stimmies because blockchain is about the only thing i believe may be able to fix some of this $hit but mark my words it will be used against people that rely on legacy to facilitate. After that happens social credit scores here we come because why have a little control when you can have damn near unlimited power. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading elsewhere a guy is lamenting his poor decisions.

Decided against buying BT when $150.  Owned 300 shares of Telsa bought @ $33 sold around $385 after Elon April Fools joke saying they are going bankrupt.

Figures he would have around $6M today.

My life seems okay.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Axie Infinity - AXS < Threw 2k at it up past 4K in a week lol 

Small Love Potion - SLP didn't get in this but lol up 40% in last 24 hrs 116 % in the last week. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These fk'ing suits & whales can keep systematically pushing BTC & ETH down to make a killing shorting. I'm gonna scalp $hitcoins till 100K if they keep that up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

do you believe yet...this chart was laid out last oct of last year

E6SWI3bWYAMRGnJ?format=jpg&name=large

 

He's one the the better traders I've seen on crypto twitter. I don't trust any of these big accounts & would never copy trade them but they offer some really good insights sometimes. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed my style a bit once i heard about Soros fund & Steve Cohen getting into the space along with Goldman etc. etc. 

It's obvious things are winding down for some big pain then we go on another huge run. 

Been messing with alts mostly lately just grinding away & trimmed back some to have more reserves in case winter comes & we probably won't see cheap corn anymore. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I changed my style a bit once i heard about Soros fund & Steve Cohen getting into the space along with Goldman etc. etc. 

It's obvious things are winding down for some big pain then we go on another huge run. 

Been messing with alts mostly lately just grinding away & trimmed back some to have more reserves in case winter comes & we probably won't see cheap corn anymore. 

 

No troll, but you need to check your indicators and stop drinking the social media coolaid full strength if you are only just coming to this conclusion. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Genki said:

No troll, but you need to check your indicators and stop drinking the social media coolaid full strength if you are only just coming to this conclusion. 

Lol  Genki=Michael Burry & Vert=Peter Schiff. 

If i listened to you & Vert's bearishness cycle was doomed 6 months ago lol & I'd HFS fiat poor sitting on the sidelines all this time while printer go brrr :P

I'm paying attention to all of it homie but social media the least but i do keep a hawk eye on that too. I'm more on the technical side now looking into everything you can do in the space. I'm digging into everything from security to technical analysis to on chain data metrics, what development is happening around various projects, changes & offers with different exchanges, potential rumblings on regulation, cloud mining, running your own nodes, yield farming, staking, NFT's you name it. Only thing i haven't seriously looked into yet is the programming side. I'm trying to learn as much as i can about the whole space & i have long term BDE. 

On investing & trading side I ain't scared homie so I didn't mind being a little more aggressive taking some risk & experimenting a little to learn more. I didn't come to any conclusion btw that's you & Vert's framing STILL & eventually u will be right with many i told you so's months off the mark lol

Nobody can fully predict what direction things are gonna go at exactly what time. You can be way early or late but finding the sweet spot is difficult to time for everyone. If we could we all predict with perfect timing we'd all be billionaires. 

Only thing i changed is managing my risk better for downside potentially coming sooner & going completely balls deep learning everything i can. 

I'm still not convinced this bull run is over but it could be or maybe not. Regardless I'm in a much better spot now if it is or isn't I'll remain flexible & make the most of it best i can. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One last thing to add. 

Main thing here is never panic because that's when you get stupid. Know your risk worst case & adjust your tolerance accordingly as things change. 

Even if we do go into a crypto winter for yrs I'll be fine & i''m ok living like a spartan if it comes to that so i can live like a king later. Patience is one of my better traits. 

I've done that most of my life but you have to take some risk if you wanna move up that's just how it is if you're not making a 6 figure salary, nor a entrepreneur or inherited a small fortune trust fund. 1% better every day is a good goal. You have to hustle, stomp all over fear of failure, learn by day, grind by night, all day.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Lol  Genki=Michael Burry & Vert=Peter Schiff. 

If i listened to you & Vert's bearishness cycle was doomed 6 months ago lol & I'd HFS fiat poor sitting on the sidelines all this time while printer go brrr :P

I'm paying attention to all of it homie but social media the least but i do keep a hawk eye on that too. I'm more on the technical side now looking into everything you can do in the space. I'm digging into everything from security to technical analysis to on chain data metrics, what development is happening around various projects, changes & offers with different exchanges, potential rumblings on regulation, cloud mining, running your own nodes, yield farming, staking, NFT's you name it. Only thing i haven't seriously looked into yet is the programming side. I'm trying to learn as much as i can about the whole space & i have long term BDE. 

On investing & trading side I ain't scared homie so I didn't mind being a little more aggressive taking some risk & experimenting a little to learn more. I didn't come to any conclusion btw that's you & Vert's framing STILL & eventually u will be right with many i told you so's months off the mark lol

Nobody can fully predict what direction things are gonna go at exactly what time. You can be way early or late but finding the sweet spot is difficult to time for everyone. If we could we all predict with perfect timing we'd all be billionaires. 

Only thing i changed is managing my risk better for downside potentially coming sooner & going completely balls deep learning everything i can. 

I'm still not convinced this bull run is over but it could be or maybe not. Regardless I'm in a much better spot now if it is or isn't I'll remain flexible & make the most of it best i can. 

 

 

 

LOL you act as if I was a permabear. I was saying last year ETH and defi were screaming buys lol

 

As of last month I warned you guys to take profits....whats wrong with taking profits? those that did can now buy more coins if they wish.

Edited by VertFTW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

idiots like @CanPass will HODL and burn away their gains and then cry afterwards when they are broke. Im not that type of investor. I believe in cycles and take advantage of those when they present themselves and I have some form of conviction to buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

LOL you act as if I was a permabull. I was saying last year ETH and defi were screaming buys lol

 

As of last month I warned you guys to take profits....whats wrong with taking profits? those that did can now buy more coins if they wish.

I know but you've been calling bear market for 6 + months bro lol. 

I took profits trimming positions down, shuffled some things around & made some smaller plays here & there with alts but I'm looking to see where this is gonna go before i make any bigger moves. I've sort of been expecting a bigger crash for months but it keeps going sideways slowly up then deeper down slopes trending down aka bait support to suck people in deeper to ripen the harvest for the big crash which kind of tells me the cliff is probably near. Aug might go up a little with another bait-switch but i think Oct-Nov dump hard then probably sideways for a few months then the climb to new ATH next year. 

Definitely learned to manage risk better where earlier in the year i was hyper bullish. Now i positioned myself to be flexible to take advantage if we do get a huge draw down. 

Did u see news on retail & Bank of America approving trading futures? Let the shorting really begin. 

The FUD is ridiculous but so is all this great news we hear about institutions, adoption, mining relocation, states getting involved yet we keep going sideways plus support is exhausted it's looking ripe for a big crash. if you ask me big gov & big money players are trying to stall for time because once it takes over it's going to take over & a lot more people won't be working as much for these BS jobs that are cutting wages & pretending to hire but they don't. They're all cutting back to survive the coming crash. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Definitely learned to manage risk better where earlier in the year i was hyper bullish. Now i positioned myself to be flexible to take advantage if we do get a huge draw down.

This is basically what I have been preaching but then you have these greedy traders saying that crypto will never go down again because xxxxx paid shill said so lol thats where I get frustrated that people listen to these idiots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

idiots like @CanPass will HODL and burn away their gains and then cry afterwards when they are broke. Im not that type of investor. I believe in cycles and take advantage of those when they present themselves and I have some form of conviction to buy.

there is no point going forward where canpass will be negative in gains.....it would take a complete nuke to $3k to maybe put him in a bad spot....the guy has been in BTC a long time bro...you should just accept your financial position will likely never come close to his and move on.  It's weird that you continue to bring his name up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

there is no point going forward where canpass will be negative in gains.....it would take a complete nuke to $3k to maybe put him in a bad spot....the guy has been in BTC a long time bro...you should just accept your financial position will likely never come close to his and move on.  It's weird that you continue to bring his name up.

lol canpass is HODling on the asumption past performance = future results....this is basically one of the biggest no no´s of investing. So far he has been fine but not sure how long this will still hold true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol canpass is HODling on the asumption past performance = future results....this is basically one of the biggest no no´s of investing. So far he has been fine but not sure how long this will still hold true.

HFSP

it's what canpass would want for you i'm sure.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imagen.thumb.png.4a9e2fb0ebd8ddbc33acbf21a73e4805.png

 

 

LOL that was a pretty nasty bull trap in June for GME.......looks like melvin capital is back in control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fully expecting this event to send a weakened Bitcoin tumbling straight down to Goblin town

maxresdefault.jpg

If it does the discounts are going to be amazing & I'll be a millionaire in a few yrs. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitcoin price dips below 30K......

Bitcoin thread goes silent for the most part. lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Bitcoin price dips below 30K......

Bitcoin thread goes silent for the most part. lol

everyone waiting for $20k...then we rejoice!

I've got so much dry powder ready to deploy...if we dont hit these low levels then i might have to personally go to Meh-hee--h0e and kick vert in his vag!na

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

everyone waiting for $20k...then we rejoice!

I've got so much dry powder ready to deploy...if we dont hit these low levels then i might have to personally go to Meh-hee--h0e and kick vert in his vag!na

I blame Vert for this drop in price.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 1:20 PM, CanPass said:

Looks like you're great at calling tops all by yourself.😂😂

 

21 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I blame Vert for this drop in price.

I blame the above post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

thread

 

 

 

 

 

 

lol you are grasping at straws with this post....yes there will be releif bounces but you will most likely lose money trying to time market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol you are grasping at straws with this post....yes there will be releif bounces but you will most likely lose money trying to time market.

i'm not grasping at anything...Pentoshi played the recent moves perfectly and his charts should be considered.

WTF is wrong with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

i'm not grasping at anything...Pentoshi played the recent moves perfectly and his charts should be considered.

WTF is wrong with you?

lol at listening to some paid shill. Bottom line is most people trying to scalp bounces on the way down will lose money and provide exit liquidity for scammers and shills like this clown..... For average joe its better to let crypto deflate...confirm floor and reassess when we get there....hint: may be a while til we reach bottom.

Edited by VertFTW
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...