Jump to content
VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Litcoins own twitter handle retweeted the fake news lol

I know but that doesn't matter. Any news organization should have at least one of more confirmed sources from each party before they run a story. 

Wasn't long before Walmart shot the story down. Any news outlet reporting on it could have made a few phone calls & or reached out through social media channels but they just ran with it like dummies without confirming then some news outlets later ran stories that this is somehow crypto's fault as if to say all crypto did them dirty and this is why we need more regulation lol. 

How about don't just believe everything you read on the internet and confirm something first. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

I know but that doesn't matter. Any news organization should have at least one of more confirmed sources from each party before they run a story. 

Wasn't long before Walmart shot the story down. Any news outlet reporting on it could have made a few phone calls & or reached out through social media channels but they just ran with it like dummies without confirming then some news outlets later ran stories that this is somehow crypto's fault as if to say all crypto did them dirty and this is why we need more regulation lol. 

How about don't just believe everything you read on the internet and confirm something first. 

hmm so crappy media outlets ape into cringe fake news and idiot crypto gamblers also ape into copy and paste **** coin. Sounds like only idiots got harmed here and people in the know were just on the sidlines laughing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

I know but that doesn't matter. Any news organization should have at least one of more confirmed sources from each party before they run a story. 

Wasn't long before Walmart shot the story down. Any news outlet reporting on it could have made a few phone calls & or reached out through social media channels but they just ran with it like dummies without confirming then some news outlets later ran stories that this is somehow crypto's fault as if to say all crypto did them dirty and this is why we need more regulation lol. 

How about don't just believe everything you read on the internet and confirm something first. 

I completely agree, and would suspect that abuse of this fairly standard principle is routinely ignored in most spheres of news reporting these days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VertFTW said:

hmm so crappy media outlets ape into cringe fake news and idiot crypto gamblers also ape into copy and paste **** coin. Sounds like only idiots got harmed here and people in the know were just on the sidlines laughing.

Doesn't mean neither take responsibility but boogey tokens should take the hit. Don't you see what is going on? It's highly likely that story was fake on purpose and someone running that litecoin account was paid off.

Regardless don't you find it strange. The war against this, war against that. It's how power structures operate when they start losing their grip. 

Crypto is starting to get big enough that it can't be controlled and power is transferring quickly so it's become the new attack vector target to slow down. 

Narrative right now is to FUD the hell out of crypto as much as possible by any means until old guard regulation standards come then all the big businesses, pension funds etc. can all pile right in bigly. There is an agenda going on behind the scenes coordinated by powers that be power but most of them can't fully dive right in yet due to compliance issues so they're trying to bide time until regulation comes. How much you wanna bet all that big money is lobbying less rules for me but not for thee. They're gonna try to fk the plebs once again. 

Medias stupid stories, WSB movement, SEC tough talk, China FUD, Elon FUD, ESG talk, manipulation by whales. None of it is a coincidence and It's all related. They don't wanna give up any power but the tide is turning. 

 

 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I completely agree, and would suspect that abuse of this fairly standard principle is routinely ignored in most spheres of news reporting these days.

Ignored? M8 it doesn't exist anymore. Journalism is dead. It's run by the state and powers that be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

same! 

SOOOOOOOOO glad I listened to Pentoshi

cheers-lets-drink.gif

IDK how much longer this is gonna last but alts are fun. 

I smash bought a few small bags of things i knew nothing or very little about. Like literally this smh...

Why do i keep seeing this pumping every other day on the top gainers list ? 

Looks at description of what it does. Oh ok that is pretty hot right now think I'll grab me a bag and ride this wave briefly. No need to research or look at whitepaper 🤣

Alright now let me look at the the under performers and swoop a few dips. 1 out of 4 will moon. The one that moons covers the 3 that don't move so much. 

Month or two later i trim profits and rotate back into stuff i know is solid. 

 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

some are predicting BTC.d to make an up swing and Alts to take a breather

Fair prediction especially with rumblings of ETF later this year. It could also **** the bed hard or go sideways especially with more regulation FUD and whale manipulators selling. 

My prediction is alts moon to ATH and btc really starts picking up massively near the end of Q4. Slow sell off in Jan-Feb, perhaps a big crash around March-April aka tax season but we don't really have a yrs long bear market after that anymore. By June next year everyone and their grandma gonna FOMO and even your dog will own NFT's. 🤣

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful with your crypto assets especially NFTs as pretty effective phishing techniques are being used to take everything...if you have a significant stash probably better to put it on a HW wallet....AVOID airdrops at all costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Be careful with your crypto assets especially NFTs as pretty effective phishing techniques are being used to take everything...if you have a significant stash probably better to put it on a HW wallet....AVOID airdrops at all costs.

man....i see people losing everything once they simply accept an offer!!!!

WTF

I already moved the ETH my daughter got to cold storage

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

man....i see people losing everything once they simply accept an offer!!!!

WTF

I already moved the ETH my daughter got to cold storage

yeah people getting greedy going for any airdrop and giving up their seed phrase...also dumb asses trying to do anything with these scam NFTs sent to them......DO NOT interact with anything you dont recognize as owning lol....people dont get it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Be careful with your crypto assets especially NFTs as pretty effective phishing techniques are being used to take everything...if you have a significant stash probably better to put it on a HW wallet....AVOID airdrops at all costs.

For sure. Hot wallets are not safe at all and should only be used to send small amounts of quick in-out transactions from a smaller funded wallet with only as much you're willing to lose. 

Voldemort horcrux method with layers of separation between devices and accounts. You can never be too safe. 

20 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

man....i see people losing everything once they simply accept an offer!!!!

WTF

I already moved the ETH my daughter got to cold storage

Did they click a link or open a file in an email?

To my knowledge that can't happen on a major NFT exchanges for simply accepting a bid let's say. Unless their hot wallet was connected to the platform and the attacker already had password and seed access without them knowing then drained them when they funded the wallet.  

I know a big NFT artist that got their hot wallet cleaned out but they got contacted by someone for a commission and opened a file on their desktop then poof their browser hot wallet got drained within 5 min. Highly likely their computer was already compromised and they were lax on security. 

 

 

Edited by StompGrind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...