Sign in to follow this  
MauroPedrosa

RIP Avicii

Guess I'm to old. I have no clue who this guy is.

Hopefully he lived a life worth living to go at that age though.

Probably the biggest DJ in the world for a few years

• Like 1

Who?

He's one of those non-musicians that's celebrated as a musician. It happens all the time. Pretty much all it takes is a major recording studio heavily marketing whom ever they choose, the masses will eat it up. It's a matter of being repetitiously barraged with a song over the radio until it gets stuck in your head. Some people will even get a taste for that style of music, so it gets easier and easier with each artist that follows.

The backstory is easy to match up with the musician, as there are literally millions of people that call themselves "rappers" or "DJs," so whenever the record company releases their bio to whoever is interviewing them, they can realistically say that they've been "struggling" with their music since they were 14. It really lends to the authenticity, and once again the ignorant masses eat it up.

Anyway, he was a Swedish version of that formula (non-musician with the stage name and an incredible marketing force behind him) and he gained an incredible a lot of popularity because a couple of the singers he used had pretty good voices (Aviici wasn't actually responsible for the vocals on any of his tracks, as incredible as that is to believe.) Anyway, his undeserved fame and fortune afforded him a hedonistic lifestyle, where he thought about pretty much no one but himself and he lived a life of excess and eventually succumbed to drugs.

For whatever reason, the world considers his death tragic and will honor him for his non-contributions to society.

Edited by ReturnoftheSoup
  • Like 2

He's one of those non-musicians that's celebrated as a musician. It happens all the time. Pretty much all it takes is a major recording studio heavily marketing whom ever they choose, the masses will eat it up. It's a matter of being repetitiously barraged with a song over the radio until it gets stuck in your head. Some people will even get a taste for that style of music, so it gets easier and easier with each artist that follows.

The backstory is easy to match up with the musician, as there are literally millions of people that call themselves "rappers" or "DJs," so whenever the record company releases their bio to whoever is interviewing them, they can realistically say that they've been "struggling" with their music since they were 14. It really lends to the authenticity, and once again the ignorant masses eat it up.

Anyway, he was a Swedish version of that formula (non-musician with the stage name and an incredible marketing force behind him) and he gained an incredible a lot of popularity because a couple of the singers he used had pretty good voices (Aviici wasn't actually responsible for the vocals on any of his tracks, as incredible as that is to believe.) Anyway, his undeserved fame and fortune afforded him a hedonistic lifestyle, where he thought about pretty much no one but himself and he lived a life of excess and eventually succumbed to drugs.

For whatever reason, the world considers his death tragic and will honor him for his non-contributions to society.

Where did this Swedish boy touch you and did you tell an adult about it?

• Like 7

Guess I'm to old. I have no clue who this guy is.

Hopefully he lived a life worth living to go at that age though.

Honestly, the main reason I know who he was is because my kids are older than yours and as such I'm exposed to more teen/young adult music, otherwise I'd probably be in the same boat as yourself. 28 is too young to go, regardless though. Sucks.

Honestly, the main reason I know who he was is because my kids are older than yours and as such I'm exposed to more teen/young adult music, otherwise I'd probably be in the same boat as yourself. 28 is too young to go, regardless though. Sucks.

I'm sure my daughter fits into the average age if his listeners. Maybe she enjoys it when she's at a bar. But she never played anything like it while aroumd me.

I think it's **** music, but obviously others like it. So more power to them and to him.

• Like 1

To be honest...   The first minute of this sounds like dime a dozen generic stock background music used to fill the silence on youtube videos, how to videos, cooking videos, life hack videos, slideshow videos... or otherwise silent marketing videos. 

Then it switches to a remix of Moby music around a minute and a half, if you can wait that long.

Edited by TheGreatCatpiss

I'm sure my daughter fits into the average age if his listeners. Maybe she enjoys it when she's at a bar. But she never played anything like it while aroumd me.

I think it's **** music, but obviously others like it. So more power to them and to him.

I thought you had much younger children, no idea why? Sorry about that!

I thought you had much younger children, no idea why? Sorry about that!

Daughter is 22 son turns 13 this month.

Had my daughter in my teens.

• Like 3

its astounding how amazingly ignorant you are.

• Like 1

If you've never been drunk off your **** with your arm round some random stranger belting out Hey Brother at the top of your lungs you missed out.  

Sad to hear about this.

• Like 1

We are very close in terms of our children's ages. My daughters are 20 and 14. Although not in my teens, I had my eldest at a young age by today's standards.

• Like 1

We are very close in terms of our children's ages. My daughters are 20 and 14. Although not in my teens, I had my eldest at a young age by today's standards.

Are they hot?

• Like 1

Really? I stand by my post.

Produces us a song, rap to it, and convince us how easy and talentless it all is. You don't even need a "major recording studio", you can do it all on a home computer with the proper software and some inexpensive audio interface. 

• Like 2

Produces us a song, rap to it, and convince us how easy and talentless it all is. You don't even need a "major recording studio", you can do it all on a home computer with the proper software and some inexpensive audio interface.

That's not a reasonable request.

But you wouldn't need to set the bar so low as to ask that it be a rap song. I'm a good musician. I have written several rock songs. I can't sing very well though, not well enough where it was ever to my satisfaction.

• Like 1

Produces us a song, rap to it, and convince us how easy and talentless it all is. You don't even need a "major recording studio", you can do it all on a home computer with the proper software and some inexpensive audio interface. 

I did that b4. Was many yrs ago. Now i'd have to be more up to d8 i.e. mumble rap or some ****ty auto-tune stuff. 

Lul this is amazin' in a way especially for how funny it is. Sadly this is what rap became. 

Me and some of my boyz back in the day used to write raps, smoke trees and have rap battles. 

But you wouldn't need to set the bar so low as to ask that it be a rap song. I'm a good musician. I have written several rock songs. I can't sing very well though, not well enough where it was ever to my satisfaction.

The bar is set intentionally "low", ie. calling your bluff. 

Personally, I could only get through a few seconds of this Avicii stuff, it's just not my thing. Lot's of people talk a bunch of **** about lots of artists (notice I didn't use the word musician), but 99% of these people can't do any better. 

Soup is already a better musician than guy in OP.

Better fighter and wrestler than Hugbib as well.

Best bartender in the world and a walking specimen of all that is good and true in mankind

Or so he thinks anyway..

• Like 1

NK57NbW.jpg

Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 1

This Avicii idiot never rapped or sang a goddamn song in his life.  He uses other people for vocals on every song he's ever produced.

He absolutely sucked.

This Avicii idiot never rapped or sang a goddamn song in his life. He uses other people for vocals on every song he's ever produced.

He absolutely sucked.

electronic music production to this standard is no joke. And im not even a fan