Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Conor Mcgregor responds

Just now, cashfl0w said:

The only takedowns that should be legal are suplexes and slams.

I agree. I’m definitely not a fan of that fighting style. Khabib still stood up with Conor and gave him opportunities to show off that left hand. Conor’s shots didn’t have any pop behind them. 

His tweet makes the fight sound as though it was competitive. Although i like his spirit and belief.

Everyone is humble in defeat. The real champions are humble in victory. #TeamKhabib

Edited by pound4poundG

30 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

His tweet makes the fight sound as though it was competitive. Although i like his spirit and belief.

Everyone is humble in defeat. The real champions are humble in victory. #TeamKhabib

yeah jumping out of the cage and attacking your oppositions teammates is basically the most humble thing you could do in victory.

sometimes I read what i write before i post so i dont sound like a complete idiot

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

sometimes I read what i write before i post so i dont sound like a complete idiot

you won't fit in here  ...  ?

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

yeah jumping out of the cage and attacking your oppositions teammates is basically the most humble thing you could do in victory.

You still sound like a complete idiot.

Did Khabib jump out of the cage after his other victories? He has always been humble. If you poke a bear you will get a response.

McGregor went over-the-top running his mouth (politics & religion) + the dolly incident ....

and couldn't back it up -

Russians have no sense of humor with that chit, that's basic common knowledge ....

.... if you're finna run your mouth, .. you need to back it up

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

You're not in a position to make that determination.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

He used to instead of too lmao

He used to, instead of too.

2 hours ago, pound4poundG said:

Did Khabib jump out of the cage after his other victories? He has always been humble. If you poke a bear you will get a response.

I mean in his first legitimate championship fight he jumped out of the cage and started a mini riot in front of millions of people on PPV.. but okay yea you’re right! A humble champion! Oh and i like you’re comeback which was basically “no you’re an idiot!”, very creative, you are a special talent, I hope your mom puts you on the shorter yellow bus with all of the other talented kids.

• Like 1

don't let this distract you from the fact that Khabib beat him standing up and on the ground, meanwhile all Conor could do is grab the cage and beg for mercy 

"it was only business"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

I mean in his first legitimate championship fight he jumped out of the cage and started a mini riot in front of millions of people on PPV.. but okay yea you’re right! A humble champion! Oh and i like you’re comeback which was basically “no you’re an idiot!”, very creative, you are a special talent, I hope your mom puts you on the shorter yellow bus with all of the other talented kids.

Firstly no it wasnt his first meaningful fight secondly this was the only time someone has been so rude and disrespectful to him so that was the actual reason why he jumped the cage so stop looking at it from your own small minded angle and put a little perspective to why he did it Thirdly no she dosent put me on a yellow bus i dont like public transport and i have a very nice car and finally you clearly dont proof read your posts because you still sound like an idiot.

3 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

Firstly no it wasnt his first meaningful fight secondly this was the only time someone has been so rude and disrespectful to him so that was the actual reason why he jumped the cage so stop looking at it from your own small minded angle and put a little perspective to why he did it Thirdly no she dosent put me on a yellow bus i dont like public transport and i have a very nice car and finally you clearly dont proof read your posts because you still sound like an idiot.

Did you squirt jiizzz on your coma button ?, sentence structure please.

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pound4poundG said:

Did i accidently come into the english literature section. PISS OFF

Did I accidentally come into the English literature section ?. PISS OFF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

By "I will fight the next in line" he probably means a trilogy with Nate ?

Anyways, I know some of you will come at me but I still believe/agree that Conor was not prepared for that fight as I thought he was gonna be. It did seem to me that he overlooked Khabib stand up game (like he mentioned). He is way more accurate than what we saw that night.

I still think he got a good chance in a rematch. 

Basically what Conor is saying is the ufc has another GSP and all ufc events featuring this GSP fighter should be held at the SLEEP Train Arena in Sacramento. 

• Like 1

Lol at he won the fight in round 1. If there weren't rules and a time limit to save him then Khabib would have beat the **** out of him a lot faster. 

Also he is admitting that he practiced nothing but wrestling but still couldn't stop Khabib.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pound4poundG said:

Your reading comprehension is poor. i said first legitimate championship fight, not first meaningful fight.

Just because you get triggered doesn’t mean you should jump out the cage and attack someone. i understand why he did it, but I am just saying your quote that “real champions are humble in victory” would disclude khabib from being a “real champion” based on his actions.

you can go back to playing with your legos now.

Thanks,

Michael

• Like 1

Pretty honest post but one thing i really feel like he's overlooking still is controlling positions is a part of fighting be it on the feet, clinch or ground. It's a means to make a person tired, wary of advancement and always on edge once they've felt that pressure. 

Conor's shots on the ground did absolutely nothing to improve his position, tire or damage Khabib. Conor would be better off if he adopted a combined arms approach. If 2/3's of your game is stalk pressure, setting counter traps in dead space and looking to land pot shots if they don't respond he's missing a huge part of the game. There needs to be an offensive grappling threat against better fighters even if they are a better grappler. 

Likewise on the ground if you just sit there and try to sneak a shot in here and there that doesn't help to improve your position, create space, make the guy react because they feel a threat to position then you can counter them then you're not just wasting energy to "look" busy.  Otherwise you're just accepting defeat. 

You always wanna be the guy that is making the opponent uncomfortable to sap them and make them react to set them up and fill in the gaps they leave open. There are many ways to do that from all three phases be it on the feet, in the clinch or on the ground but against really good all around fighters you need a combined arms approach to be able to apply pressure whether you're on the feet, in the clinch, on bottom or top on the ground. 

Conor is great on the feet but missing the grappling threat which would make his striking better. He also has a solid top pressure game but no means to get there unless he knocks someone down. He's no threat at all really in the clinch and his bottom game is completely defensive. He needs to work on making his whole game dangerous so anywhere an opponent turns they are fooked and i deep waters no matter where it goes. That drowning effect is exactly what allowed Khabib to defeat Conor fairly easily. 

I just skimmed through the fight again, Conor was right. We were so focused on Khabibs dominance that we overlooked Conor’s shots on him. He actually landed more than I thought. I think if he trains like he said he should have, he could catch Khabib easily. Khabibs boxing was better than we thought but he still leaves open room to get wobbled which he has been before by Michael Johnson. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Pretty honest post but one thing i really feel like he's overlooking still is controlling positions is a part of fighting be it on the feet, clinch or ground. It's a means to make a person tired, wary of advancement and always on edge once they've felt that pressure. 

Conor's shots on the ground did absolutely nothing to improve his position, tire or damage Khabib. Conor would be better off if he adopted a combined arms approach. If 2/3's of your game is stalk pressure, setting counter traps in dead space and looking to land pot shots if they don't respond he's missing a huge part of the game. There needs to be an offensive grappling threat against better fighters even if they are a better grappler. 

Likewise on the ground if you just sit there and try to sneak a shot in here and there that doesn't help to improve your position, create space, make the guy react because they feel a threat to position then you can counter them then you're not just wasting energy to "look" busy.  Otherwise you're just accepting defeat. 

You always wanna be the guy that is making the opponent uncomfortable to sap them and make them react to set them up and fill in the gaps they leave open. There are many ways to do that from all three phases be it on the feet, in the clinch or on the ground but against really good all around fighters you need a combined arms approach to be able to apply pressure whether you're on the feet, in the clinch, on bottom or top on the ground. 

Conor is great on the feet but missing the grappling threat which would make his striking better. He also has a solid top pressure game but no means to get there unless he knocks someone down. He's no threat at all really in the clinch and his bottom game is completely defensive. He needs to work on making his whole game dangerous so anywhere an opponent turns they are fooked and i deep waters no matter where it goes. That drowning effect is exactly what allowed Khabib to defeat Conor fairly easily. 

I agree but also disagree. We all say that he needs to work on his grappling threat, no problem. But he’s been fighting for awhile, falling in love with his “left hand.” His best bet is to focus on what’s he’s already an expert on. Like his team said, they were so worried about defense that they forgot Conor finishes fights. Khabib has been grappling too long for Conor to play catch up now. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kmendoza95 said:

I agree but also disagree. We all say that he needs to work on his grappling threat, no problem. But he’s been fighting for awhile, falling in love with his “left hand.” His best bet is to focus on what’s he’s already an expert on. Like his team said, they were so worried about defense that they forgot Conor finishes fights. Khabib has been grappling too long for Conor to play catch up now. 

I agree. I'm not really saying he needs to play the catch-up game becoming a god in all areas but he needs to be threat in certain common positions regardless of where he is so he has to develop enough game for that so it's "good" enough but have some positions where at some point they are gonna come across a real snare which you lead then into and it will allow you to take advantage when those positions come up. It will supplement his strengths ten fold and open up his whole game.  It also serves to shut down an opponents game because they will be less comfortable to get into their game and go panic mode when those tough situations come up. 

Rickson has talked about this idea about  playing the possum but always applying pressure to make an opponent uncomfortable.  It forces them to work and open up then when they do and you counter them filling in the gaps and have game to take advantage when that happens suddenly they are in bad positions and REALLY have to work that much harder than you to overcome that so it works to tax the other guy meanwhile you're more relaxed and comfortable so there is a energy effectiveness that plays to your favor. 

You basically always wanna be the guy make the other uncomfortable so they make mistakes then the noose tightens, you don't let them off the hook suddenly their options are limited and eventually they get more tired having to resist resist resist to no avail then it's checkmate. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Agreed. Like the 2nd Diaz fight:  knockdowns, significant strikes, and not willing to go to ground. Khabib is a different animal in such that you just gotta deal with a takedown or two. He can easily get more but I’m just spit balling here. 

3 hours ago, Kmendoza95 said:

I just skimmed through the fight again, Conor was right. We were so focused on Khabibs dominance that we overlooked Conor’s shots on him. He actually landed more than I thought. I think if he trains like he said he should have, he could catch Khabib easily. Khabibs boxing was better than we thought but he still leaves open room to get wobbled which he has been before by Michael Johnson. 

Lmao

Khabib literally dribbiled conor's head off the canvas like a basketball for over 2 minutes

Edited by King_Can
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, King_Can said:

Lmao

Khabib literally dribbiled conor's head off the canvas like a basketball for over 2 minutes

No he didn't literally do that. Please stop.

• Like 2

One of the only good takes on the fight I have seen

All Khabib has is wrestling which is not fighting, Conor is the better grappler, expect to see Conor taking down khabib in the rematch ala Penn Fitch

9 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I agree. I'm not really saying he needs to play the catch-up game becoming a god in all areas but he needs to be threat in certain common positions regardless of where he is so he has to develop enough game for that so it's "good" enough but have some positions where at some point they are gonna come across a real snare which you lead then into and it will allow you to take advantage when those positions come up. It will supplement his strengths ten fold and open up his whole game.  It also serves to shut down an opponents game because they will be less comfortable to get into their game and go panic mode when those tough situations come up. 

Rickson has talked about this idea about  playing the possum but always applying pressure to make an opponent uncomfortable.  It forces them to work and open up then when they do and you counter them filling in the gaps and have game to take advantage when that happens suddenly they are in bad positions and REALLY have to work that much harder than you to overcome that so it works to tax the other guy meanwhile you're more relaxed and comfortable so there is a energy effectiveness that plays to your favor. 

You basically always wanna be the guy make the other uncomfortable so they make mistakes then the noose tightens, you don't let them off the hook suddenly their options are limited and eventually they get more tired having to resist resist resist to no avail then it's checkmate. 

great post stomp. I always appreciate your analysis knowing you've done this stuff. 

6 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Conor is the new Bob Sapp lol

When in doubt roll over, give your neck & tap. You still get paid. 

terrible post. We've got enough low brow trolls on here mate! 

• Haha 1

Lol reading that post you'd think the guy was actually doing good overall, and that the loss was due to just a few specific mistakes and bad calls during the fight.

He got dominated the entire fight and got finished.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, cashfl0w said:

No he didn't literally do that. Please stop.

he sure as hell did. only the conor fanboys and khabib haters would think otherwise. hell they even seem to think conor was ever even winning that fight.