Sign in to follow this  
skillandpower

What Do you Think Was the Biggest Mauling That you can Remember ?

12 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Show me the damage that Conor received vs Pettis? Conor didnt take any damage and was just out grappled vs Pettis who was bloodied up and faked a hand injury to get out of fight.

tenor.gif?itemid=5895909

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....OMG make it stop!

tumblr_neea9xoE3S1rlohoho6_250.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

I've seen every Conor and Ronda fight in the UFC, can you say the same? egg

No mention of Lesnar fights

casual re-confirmed

Cain beat Junior very badly in the rematch and trilogy.  I'm high and I had in total two, 2 finger proper Kentucky 90 proof bourbons on one proper expensive ice cube.  Just on the first Stella but the weed is strong so Edson Barboza sticks out because the man got mauled for the last 13 minutes of a 15 minute fight and four months later the stupid **** river ape signs a bout agreement to fight Kevin Lee for 5 rounds.

His follow up after landing the yolo wheel kick made me embarrassed for him.  He's a natural kicker and rushed into a natural grappler.

Anyway Edson in like a 4 month span got hammered for a total of 37 plus minutes.  After the 5 rounder with Kevin I was worried about his health.  Please tell he doesn't have a fight booked.

• Like 1

Agree with a few mentioned but Frankie v Yair was pretty bad too. It was something you could usually only see by border patrol along the Arizona or Texas border fences 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Cain beat Junior very badly in the rematch and trilogy.  I'm high and I had in total two, 2 finger proper Kentucky 90 proof bourbons on one proper expensive ice cube.  Just on the first Stella but the weed is strong so Edson Barboza sticks out because the man got mauled for the last 13 minutes of a 15 minute fight and four months later the stupid **** river ape signs a bout agreement to fight Kevin Lee for 5 rounds.

His follow up after landing the yolo wheel kick made me embarrassed for him.  He's a natural kicker and rushed into a natural grappler.

Anyway Edson in like a 4 month span got hammered for a total of 37 plus minutes.  After the 5 rounder with Kevin I was worried about his health.  Please tell he doesn't have a fight booked.

I think they're going to feed him to Gaethje. So yes, he won't get wrestle****ed, but he's going to get his head knocked clean off. Maybe this is all karma for ruining Terry Etim's life?

• Haha 1

Edson Barboza could possibly only have a minor case of CTE if he retired right now.  I hope he does my step father is getting bad just from high school and 4 years of D2 football that could only make the Chiefs practice squad so he just passed on that.  He's four years younger than my mother so only 54 and he has been asking about a dog the last several months that's been dead for like 5 or 6 years.

It's tough seeing that confusion in his eyes when the dog is literally ashes in a goddamn urn on top of the fireplace.

He played in a much rougher era and a lot of guys were juiced.

Edited by PlatinumClegg

There's multiple definitions of mauling in a variety of dictionaries but probably the most pertinent definition to this particular topic would be 'Treat someone savagely.'

Folks can still read that however they want but to me it says that the aggressor imposed their will however they chose to and in an extremely violent manner. 

Doesn't have to be a full fight from my perspective. A guy can be losing a fight for 24 minutes and spend the last minute mauling his victim. 

Anyway....There's countless examples, the vast majority being when the referee is failing in his most important duty of keeping the fighters safe. Any fight in which I think the referee is failing in this most important responsibility, any fight which should have been stopped sooner is a mauling.

I like to see a fair fight, or at least a fight between two combatants that are able to defend themselves. A mauling isn't something to be celebrated.

Can't remember which one but one of the Cain vs JDS fight was straight up a fookin savage mauling. That bint that Schevkenko fought last got hammered too. ref shoulda jumped in on that one.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 4:41 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Or any Australian fighter (i.e one born in Australia, not just someone who went there once on holiday) v any fighter. George Sot v Ross Pearson springs to mind. 

g sot is a greek tourist you numpty 

On 10/24/2018 at 7:19 AM, VertFTW said:

Show me the damage that Conor received vs Pettis? Conor didnt take any damage and was just out grappled vs Pettis who was bloodied up and faked a hand injury to get out of fight.

Filthy casual confirmed.

Wow Vert, just wow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll take "mauling" to mean a long drawn out one sided destruction, as opposed to a rather quick domination and finish.

The one that comes to my mind in those terms is Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3 (well.. 2 and 3 i'd say). I felt quite bad for JDS watching this.  

• Like 3

the gimmick that colin mctapper dished out.... and the millions of people that fell for it, now THAT is a mauling!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CR250M said:

the gimmick that colin mctapper dished out.... and the millions of people that fell for it, now THAT is a mauling!!

Exhibit e

10 hours ago, CR250M said:

I'm not sure you know what a mauling is 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They were short-lived maulings, but Rumble vs. Bader and Rumble vs. Gustafson were pretty bad.

Bork Laser vs. Heath Herring was another one, as was Bork vs. Mir II.

On 10/24/2018 at 8:22 AM, Kable said:

What about a fight that ended with a different result but still was a mauling....

Sonnen vs Silva 1 

Thats what I was going to put