Sign in to follow this  
America

Not sure why he deserves a rematch...but

UFC President Dana White said he expects a rematch between Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov sometime this year.

"I think a lot of people want to see that fight. Obviously, again, we still haven't gone before the Nevada State Athletic Commission. That's got to happen, and when that does, we can figure how this whole thing plays out," White told TMZ Sports

"Guys are going to have to win," White continued. "It depends on how long the suspensions are. ... But as long as everything goes right, this fight should happen [in 2019]."

Nurmagomedov defeated McGregor via submission in the fourth round of their highly anticipated bout at UFC 229 in October.  

11 minutes ago, carnages said:

Khabib should fight him while fasting, that way he won't have a 50 pound weight advantage on the featherweight 

Talks about advantages 

Is a fan of Jones

Ohhhh that's right, Khabib isn't black.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, carnages said:

Khabib should fight him while fasting, that way he won't have a 50 pound weight advantage on the featherweight 

Comber is a welterweight. 

9 minutes ago, America said:

Talks about advantages 

Is a fan of Jones

Ohhhh that's right, Khabib isn't black.

lel are you one of those IDIOTS that thinks Jones wins because "his arms too long" ?

Guy gets beat handily, so lets hold up the division to give him another unwarranted title shot

Drug cheat caught again, move the event to a place where they will ignore it.

Brock the drug cheat coming back to fight for a title

CM punk even fighting.

The organization becomes a bigger joke every day. 

• Like 5

Just now, carnages said:

lel are you one of those IDIOTS that thinks Jones wins because "his arms too long" ?

Thats what you got out of that comment? Really? Nothing else came to mind regarding advantages Jones might have against opponents?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He doesnt deserve it, im guessing its the only fight Conor wants & they finally agreed a $xxxxxxx to get kebab to agree to it.

I really would prefer Kebab vs Tony & have Conor fight someone else to get back to a title shot.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, America said:

Thats what you got out of that comment? Really? Nothing else came to mind regarding advantages Jones might have against opponents?

oh lmaooo you're one of those conspiracy theorists which think a picogram is the reason Jones landed a PERFECT head kick on DC

3 minutes ago, carnages said:

oh lmaooo you're one of those conspiracy theorists which think a picogram is the reason Jones landed a PERFECT head kick on DC

Its like cagerattler and vert had  a baby and out popped you. 

• Like 1

One of the biggest problems with Jones taking roids is the fact that he is the biggest pillow fisted can in the whole UFC. 

Hasn't knocked out anyone by hands.... EVER

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Good. Let Khabib smash this idiot some more. 

Lol this. McTapper probably wouldn't accept it

• Like 1

In theory, him saying "Guys are going to have to win" means that it won't be an automatic rematch but he expects both guys to win their next fight and then rematch each other...

That said, he's probably just going to get the automatic rematch, because money.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, agtx said:

I really would prefer Kebab vs Tony & have Conor fight someone else to get back to a title shot.

Yep

• Like 1

dana said it, so it aint happening. i look forward to seeing them going their seperate ways and conor mcnuggets having to actually compete inside of the division he wants a title shot in.

7 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

In theory, him saying "Guys are going to have to win" means that it won't be an automatic rematch but he expects both guys to win their next fight and then rematch each other...

That said, he's probably just going to get the automatic rematch, because money.

That's how I read it as well

7 hours ago, iamdylanr said:

They will give Conor a fight he should win, like the Poirier rematch, then do another Khabib fight.

Conor is guaranteed to be a main event.  Just because he sparked Poirier at featherweight where he had no chin 4 years ago doesn't mean he'd do it again.  That was hungry and prime Conor.  If Conor doesn't put him away inside 8 minutes he'll get finished himself late in the fight.

Sounds like Tony is not the guy according to Khabib's manager.

It is all about $$$,this UFC has been a circus for quite some time.I keep hearing it is Shelby making the matchups,i don't see it,i think Dana is making the decisions.

His manager said he NEEDS to see big ppv numbers and believes Tony can't bring that.Also odd he kept saying they want GSP but then mentions something about Dana and GSP not on good terms so doesn't think we see GSP too soon.

I definitely see a rematch.it is the biggest money fight for Dana and the uFC and since they pay Conor way too much,this is the fight.

when the company makes millions upon millions of more dollars when you fight vs someone else, they dont care about who deserves what. That being said, you will prob get a peahead v tony interim anyway in april-may

• Like 1

Its what happens when a place gets bought up by a big company, its all about keeping the shareholders happy, $ before quality. Which is why we get so many shiddy games & movies. Rip star wars, rip terminator, rip predator...if it draws in money they will pump out any old crap, so as long as people want to see McTapper they give him everything he wants.

16 minutes ago, agtx said:

Its what happens when a place gets bought up by a big company, its all about keeping the shareholders happy, $ before quality. Which is why we get so many shiddy games & movies. Rip star wars, rip terminator, rip predator...if it draws in money they will pump out any old crap, so as long as people want to see McTapper they give him everything he wants.

Yeah, how dare a business aim to maximize profits.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shkrelz said:

when the company makes millions upon millions of more dollars when you fight vs someone else, they dont care about who deserves what. That being said, you will prob get a peahead v tony interim anyway in april-may

I agree.

It is so clear to me that 155 division will end up with another interim title.

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

khabib vs tony, been waiting on this fight since forever. Let conor get diggled by poirer.

Khabib's manager said it aint happening.

Thats my dream fight too

24 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

No surprise, Dana always wants his favourites to get immediate rematches after they've been destroyed.

I honestly think it is not only about his 'favorites' this time .. I think this time is more about the load of $$$ to be made with this rematch.

I think this rematch will be a selling record (of course more so for the casuals) and baldy knows it

46 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

No surprise, Dana always wants his favourites to get immediate rematches after they've been destroyed.

lol wut?

Conor was subed and took literally zero damage. How is that being destroyed lol

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol wut?

Conor verbally tapped.

"It is just business, please dont maul me"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol wut?

Diaz and Khabib together took about 15 years off his life. He's going to be slurring like Nate if he rematches either of them.

• Like 2

The UFC is pretty consistent at becoming more and more of a joke. I find it hard to care anymore. They're not even trying to claim the're putting the best against the best anymore. They cover drug cheats, manufacture "historic" events and rendered the belts meaningless.

Sure. Have this clown fight yet again for a belt he will refuse to defend if he wins it.

2019-01-04-13-24-15-1641433827.jpg

Edited by Furiousmat

7 minutes ago, Furiousmat said:

The UFC is pretty consistent at becoming more and more of a joke. I find it hard to care anymore. They're not even trying to claim the're putting the best against the best anymore. They cover drug cheats, manufacture "historic" events and rendered the belts meaningless.

Sure. Have this clown fight yet again for a belt he will refuse to defend if he wins it.

2019-01-04-13-24-15-1641433827.jpg

Does it make you ...................................................................... furious? 

On 1/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, 12er© said:

Diaz and Khabib together took about 15 years off his life. He's going to be slurring like Nate if he rematches either of them.

Minimal damage in those fights

If any fight took years off his life it was at FW for weight cutting.

18 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Minimal damage in those fights

If any fight took years off his life it was at FW for weight cutting.

probably all the **** hes putting up his nose