OzPride

Podcast thread

What do you listen to? 

I like JRE but this year he seems to have dropped off a bit.. And I've burnt through most of his best stuff. 

Last Podcast on the left's early stuff was great once you get past the cringefest voices and lately they're chit too. 

Sam Harris has good content but his voice puts me to sleep

Tim Ferris is good but his random questions screw up the conversation dynamic,  his interview with LeBron and his coach was a perfect example

Bill Burr is hilarious, love his stuff

Anyway would love some suggestions or to hear what you creeps get into

Jre

Bill burr

Church of what's happening now

Ben Shipiro

Believe you me - bisping

A few others but those^ are my go to

• Thanks 1

Podcasts are full of private dancers dancing for money. Best bet is a roku and old 80's shows like HUNTER or TAXI or something.

21 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

OK I'll give Shapiro a go,  any episodes in particular to start with? 

Nah, they're all current events stuff, just jump in where ever

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

Nah, they're all current events stuff, just jump in where ever

Chit I just realised he was on JRE in '17 

Gonna do that one first then I'll have a look at his show after, got like 6 hours to kill now

• Like 1

when you think @AndyWang is on the jre trying to give away money but you misread the name

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Top 3 for me:

- Pardon my take (hilarious duo mainly talk about NFL and have sports guests on as well as actors and occasionally UFC fighters)

- JRE no explanation needed 

- bill burr cos he is grumpy and hilarious 

Joe Rogan is not the way... DMT steroids and brain trauma don't mix. Try the real COACH RED PILL

Kill Tony, Legion of Skanks, Real @ss Podcast, You Know what dude, UFC Unfiltered, and Believe you me, to name a few of the many I listen to at work.

I mostly listen to comedy podcasts. Rogan is okay on occasion, but he repeats himself way too often to listen to that **** regularly. 

Edited by 12er©
  • Like 1

Just be aware that if you listen to legion of skanks at work or in public, you're going to want to use ear phones. You never know when an HR complaint is about happen.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:30 PM, StompGrind said:

Jre

Bill burr

Church of what's happening now

Ben Shipiro

Believe you me - bisping

A few others but those^ are my go to

Damn.....Ben Shapiro? I can't even look at that guy for over 1 minutes. He HAS to be a pedophile. MAJOR creep factor. yuck....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 12er© said:

Just be aware that if you listen to legion of skanks at work or in public, you're going to want to use ear phones. You never know when an HR complaint is about happen.

Thanks m8. I'll be listening while driving so it's more about having windows up while driving for other people's sake.  I had last podcast on the left's Ted Bundy ep on and pulled up next to a car full of millenials who overheard a lot of rapey murder stuff in the space of a few minutes,  the faces were priceless!!  

• Like 1

I love:

JRE

Bill Simmons, Zach Lowe and basically any NBA stuff

Fighter and the Kid and anything with Bryan Callen

Ten Minute Podcast (probably the funniest of all time with the original roster)

Bobby Lee and Khalyla

I am Rapaport

Theo Von

Co-Main Event Podcast

UFC Unfiltered, Chip Chipperson, and anything with Jim Norton / Anthony Cumia

Whenever Jordan Peterson is on a podcast

... and a few more when I can like Sam Harris and Joey Diaz

Nice @MauroPedrosa I'll have a look,  good list! Really enjoyed last podcast on the left as probably my second favourite after JRE, they're a bunch of sick fooks but it's interesting getting the insight into the worst people in history 

King and the sting

This past weekend (theo von)

Tigerbelly (bobby lee and gf)

Fighter and the kid

Jre

Whiskey ginger (andrew santino)

Armchair expert (dax shepard)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BART-O-LINI said:

King and the sting

This past weekend (theo von)

Tigerbelly (bobby lee and gf)

Fighter and the kid

Jre

Whiskey ginger (andrew santino)

Armchair expert (dax shepard)

Oh yeah forgot about Andrew Santino. He’s very talented

the jre podcast with Ioan Grillo was good chit.  Struggling with Alex Jones one though 

I was laughing so hard to this bit last night that my abs were actually sore.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, crangs said:

the jre podcast with Ioan Grillo was good chit.  Struggling with Alex Jones one though 

You need to change your av mate. 

FB_IMG_1552291963658.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzStraya said:

You need to change your av mate. 

FB_IMG_1552291963658.jpg

bruh, I've been reppjng them since they were getting that chit day 1, no questions axed.

edit:  One good thing is they play all their games at inconvenient times  so I don't have to watch this car wreck, lol

Edited by crangs
  • Haha 1

Casefile is my new #1 .. Also the fact it's an Aussie narrator.  Easily the best non-comedy true crime pod by miles.  Excellent research and gripping content.  I'm finding I like the darker stuff than comedy.  I do listen to them while driving for hours though and it definitely depends what you're doing while you're listening.  

Update this ish I'm running out of content!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Casefile is my new #1 .. Also the fact it's an Aussie narrator.  Easily the best non-comedy true crime pod by miles.  Excellent research and gripping content.  I'm finding I like the darker stuff than comedy.  I do listen to them while driving for hours though and it definitely depends what you're doing while you're listening.  

when the next backpacker goes missing in your area I know where to send police, m8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Last Podcast on the Left is good s**t too. 

• Like 1

Currently still listen to JRE fairly regularly. 

Occasionally i'll skip around with the ones i already posted b4 along with these which i added but don't follow as much. 

Hot boxing with Tyson, Chael Sonnen although it's not really a podcast, Jocko Willink, Steven Crowder,  Theo Von and some Patrice O'neal RIP. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TUF said:

Last Podcast on the Left is good s**t too. 

Yeah I like those boys just Jesus Christ 6 goddamn episodes on the fooking Mormon's you gotta be chitting me

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 7:21 AM, Jolldan said:

Morning Kombat has quickly risen in to my top 3 

Always liked the effort Luke puts into his breakdowns. I really like that kinda work from people like him Jack Slack, BJJ Scout, Dan Hardy, Firas, Uncle Chael etc. They're real fans. 

Then you have people like Ariel who don't know fk all about fighting and the best he can do is say things like...

"So & so told us in an interview earlier he doesn't like you & is gonna hurt you. What you think about that?" 

LOL what a fkn instigating jew that thinks he's slick. 

Been watching a lot of the JRE in these sportsless times. Was wishing I had started sooner because you can enjoy it without giving it your full attention and sometimes you learn something but I can't look at Joe the same now after how much of a coont he was to Crowder and I'm not even a Crowder Stan. Might check some of these ^ out now

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TUF said:

Been watching a lot of the JRE in these sportsless times. Was wishing I had started sooner because you can enjoy it without giving it your full attention and sometimes you learn something but I can't look at Joe the same now after how much of a coont he was to Crowder and I'm not even a Crowder Stan. Might check some of these ^ out now

He was kind of a **** to Hugo Martin last week for no reason. Some of it was unintentional I think but there were still awkward moments where Hugo just laughed it off or shut up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

He was kind of a **** to Hugo Martin last week for no reason. Some of it was unintentional I think but there were still awkward moments where Hugo just laughed it off or shut up. 

tbf, it kind of lead me to a "triggered Rogan" rabbit hole with all the suggested videos. Had never seen his meltdown with Mencia before and now when he's not being a passive aggressive a**hole, it just seems like an act. And if "you are who you surround yourself with" has any merit, then having Ari, Schaub, Bravo, Joey Diaz, Ronda as your inner circle is a bad look. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

tbf, it kind of lead me to a "triggered Rogan" rabbit hole with all the suggested videos. Had never seen his meltdown with Mencia before and now when he's not being a passive aggressive a**hole, it just seems like an act. And if "you are who you surround yourself with" has any merit, then having Ari, Schaub, Bravo, Joey Diaz, Ronda as your inner circle is a bad look. 

Mencia was a joke thief and a hack. Rogan exposing that was the beginning of the end of that hacks 15 minutes. 

That's the best thing Rogan has ever done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Mencia was a joke thief and a hack. Rogan exposing that was the beginning of the end of that hacks 15 minutes. 

That's the best thing Rogan has ever done.

Mencia was just Chappelle with tildes

Nobody is mad he got exposed but Rogan looked like he overdosed on ONNIT that night on stage with Mencia. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TUF said:

I'm pretty sure that would go different if he had him back on. I like Crowder too but i think why Joe got irritated with him is because Crowder doubles down on his conservative talking points & at that point in history Joe was super defensive about any criticism of weed.

Thing with Crowder is conservative talking points is his whole world and he sees nothing else. He literally has nothing to say if he's not making a conservative talking point and it makes him a little confrontational. He's not a story teller or chill n shoot the $hit type guy it's all agenda with him. 

Even Shapiro is more chill than Crowder in that regard and it's his whole world too. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Out of all the IDW i like Joe, Eric Weinstien, Jordan Peterson & Sam Harris the best. 

Check out the Portal with Eric if you get a chance. It's awesome. Tim Pool ain't bad either. 

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I'm pretty sure that would go different if he had him back on. I like Crowder too but i think why Joe got irritated with him is because Crowder doubles down on his conservative talking points & at that point in history Joe was super defensive about any criticism of weed.

Thing with Crowder is conservative talking points is his whole world and he sees nothing else. He literally has nothing to say if he's not making a conservative talking point and it makes him a little confrontational. He's not a story teller or chill n shoot the $hit type guy it's all agenda with him. 

Even Shapiro is more chill than Crowder in that regard and it's his whole world too. 

I've never cared for Crowder other than his contributions to the meme industry but he gained some respect from me here with how he handled this. He said he didn't want to talk about it, even as a conservative he said he doesn't care and if people want to smoke that it should be up to the states, even told Joe he was right, and he never lost his cool. Even when Joe and Jamie were both going in on him, their guest. 

It was never going to be a "chill" podcast with their differing ideologies but it seemed like Joe brought him on there just to try to make him look bad which is a bad look for Joe. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

I've never cared for Crowder other than his contributions to the meme industry but he gained some respect from me here with how he handled this. He said he didn't want to talk about it, even as a conservative he said he doesn't care and if people want to smoke that it should be up to the states, even told Joe he was right, and he never lost his cool. Even when Joe and Jamie were both going in on him, their guest. 

It was never going to be a "chill" podcast with their differing ideologies but it seemed like Joe brought him on there just to try to make him look bad which is a bad look for Joe. 

Agreed. Joe is pretty chill most of the time but attack weed or saying something total nonsense with a religion sub context and he's likely to get a wild hair up his @ss.

Plus he's got anger issues & on all the Mexican supplements. I don't expect him to keep it together for as many hours as he does podcast. 

His audience gives him lots of feed back too which he does listen to sometimes. He's aware when he fks up over reacting and is very self critical. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Agreed. Joe is pretty chill most of the time but attack weed or saying something total nonsense with a religion sub context and he's likely to get a wild hair up his @ss.

Plus he's got anger issues & on all the Mexican supplements. I don't expect him to keep it together for as many hours as he does podcast. 

His audience gives him lots of feed back too which he does listen to sometimes. He's aware when he fks up over reacting and is very self critical. 

Was my first thought after watching that was that Rogan will be more disappointed than anybody after a rewatch. He's a pretty analytical guy but for him to be such coont and then say "it's not bullying, we're having fun" is textbook bully behavior. They're obviously not friends evidenced by the passive aggressive pile on so for Joe to say "it's ok cause we're friends" is worse than Ari's scum bag shtick. 

Been listening to some past Power Trip Initials Games on iHeartRadio

If someone is bored and likes trivia, check it out. Basically each week they do different initials. This week was A.J. so each answer is two words and will start with these letter. There are 6 clues for each item and they do 12 items a week. The clues get easier as they go. The radio guys play it in studio but you can play along as well. 

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Been listening to some past Power Trip Initials Games on iHeartRadio

If someone is bored and likes trivia, check it out. Basically each week they do different initials. This week was A.J. so each answer is two words and will start with these letter. There are 6 clues for each item and they do 12 items a week. The clues get easier as they go. The radio guys play it in studio but you can play along as well. 

Will check this out. Unrelated but kinda spooky but have heard or read the name Ajax 3 times in the last few hours. Just saw it and logged on to here and read AJ and I'm shook.

Look into it

Eddie bravo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Bumping this thread, Tim Kennedy on JRE was ****ing excellent.  Have shared it to a bunch of m8's on both sides of many arguments,  what an impressive inspirational motherfooker he is.  Hearing those two go off has me pumped.  

Add eps and links m8's 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6SeHbFUG4TYkVqjoNozas8?si=AAAdvsNFS4S3l4XwylOkfA

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, OzPride said:

Bumping this thread, Tim Kennedy on JRE was ****ing excellent.  Have shared it to a bunch of m8's on both sides of many arguments,  what an impressive inspirational motherfooker he is.  Hearing those two go off has me pumped.  

Add eps and links m8's 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6SeHbFUG4TYkVqjoNozas8?si=AAAdvsNFS4S3l4XwylOkfA

Tim Kennedy as in the MMA fighter Tim Kennedy? Cool.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Tim Kennedy as in the MMA fighter Tim Kennedy? Cool.

Yep.  He's doing amazing things.  Surprised @StompGrind hasn't had you spot his name a few hundred times already 😂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Has he found Hitler yet though??

That show was kinda cool. I think it's very possible & maybe likely Hitler didn't die in that bunker either. History as we think we know it is most definitely full of lies. From Columbus to Edison to Hitler. 

The stories about whole nazi towns & Mengele in South America is just bonkers.