Jolldan

Most Liveable Cities In Europe

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/copenhagen-ranked-most-liveable-city-for-europeans/ar-BBTxHTZ?ocid=ientp

Image result for copenhagen

Copenhagen has been voted the most liveable city for Europeans in new research released today.

Cities in Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Switzerland dominate the top 20 cities for European expats, according to data from consultancy ECA International.

In the UK, Edinburgh is the only city that ranks in the top 20, while Aberdeen came in at number 21.

Dublin re-entered the top 10 this year, ranking in joint ninth place with Gothenburg and Luxembourg City.

Elsewhere in the UK, London and Glasgow were ranked poorly for liveability factors, coming in 49th and 57th respectively.

Outside Europe, Canadian cities ranked highly, as did Canberra in Australia and New Zealand capital Wellington. Singapore was the only Asian city in the top 100.

“Edinburgh and Aberdeen lead the way for UK cities in terms of liveability due to a range of factors including lower air pollution and a greater level of personal security,” said Neil Ashman, senior location ratings analyst at ECA International.

“However, what really makes these two cities outshine others in the UK is the existing expat community. This is an important factor in the liveability analysis as a solid network of expatriates will help newcomers feel less isolated and reduces the anticipated culture shock for workers who relocate from overseas.”

Ashman added: “Cities in Scandinavia, Switzerland and the Netherlands have offered good liveability across the board for many years now; with factors such as excellent infrastructure, reliable transport systems, and a high level of healthcare all contributing to their consistently excellent liveability score.”

Ashman said that London’s liveability score had remained steady, despite “higher air pollution and crime levels in the past year”. He added that smaller cities generally outperform bigger ones in terms of liveability.

ECA ranks 480 cities around the world on a variety of “liveability” factors including health services, housing, social life and climate.

Top 20 most liveable cities for Europeans

1. Copenhagen, Denmark

2. Bern, Switzerland

3. The Hague, Netherlands

4. Geneva, Switzerland

5. Stavanger, Norway

6. Amsterdam, Netherlands

7. Eindhoven, Netherlands

8. Basel, Switzerland

9. Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

10. Gothenburg, Sweden

11. Dublin, Ireland

12. Aarhus, Denmark

13. Rotterdam, Netherlands

14. Zurich, Switzerland

15. Bonn, Germany

16. Munich, Germany

17. Vienna, Austria

18. Hamburg, Germany

19. Stockholm, Sweden

20. Edinburgh, UK

To all the European poster's how did your hometown get on?

You gotta love the term "liveable".. 90% of Europe couldn't afford to live in Switzerland ( in reference to the cities on the list)

Edited by Shkrelz
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

#6 whoop whoop :lol:

so where is Chicago on this list? 

or any city in the US? ?

Is Chicago in Europe, mouthbreather?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

or any city in the US? ?

i dont know if its geography or history you are a little behind in, or just reading comprehension of the thread title itself, but allow me to give you a quick lesson here.

chicago isnt on the list because the list is about liveable cities in europe. chicago and the rest of the united states is not a part of europe because hitler and the nazi's campaign to take over the world failed quite a few decades ago.  this was mainly due to a bunch of upset canadians who stormed the beach of juno and went on to liberate italy,  break the russians out of stalingrad, storm into berlin and  burn down the reichstag building. afterwards they went back home to drink some beers and watch the hockey game, bang out their wives a little, and produce more canadian greatness, such as Georges St. Pierre, Justin Bieber, and Wayne Gretzky.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i dont know if its geography or history you are a little behind in, or just reading comprehension of the thread title itself, but allow me to give you a quick lesson here.

chicago isnt on the list because the list is about liveable cities in europe. chicago and the rest of the united states is not a part of europe because hitler and the nazi's campaign to take over the world failed quite a few decades ago.  this was mainly due to a bunch of upset canadians who stormed the beach of juno and went on to liberate italy,  break the russians out of stalingrad, storm into berlin and  burn down the reichstag building. afterwards they went back home to drink some beers and watch the hockey game, bang out their wives a little, and produce more canadian greatness, such as Georges St. Pierre, Justin Bieber, and Wayne Gretzky.

not to mention pamela anderson, jim carrey, and the voice of christmas Michael Buble

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

or any city in the US? ?

Did you take geography with Identity? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If your definition of livable is having 2 months of good weather a year then this list really hits the nail on the head! But screw that! I'd rather live someplace where it isn't dark half the year and hovering around zero, even if it's supposedly a little less "livable".........

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Is Chicago in Europe, mouthbreather?

6 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Did you take geography with Identity? 

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

He took Alphabet 101 with Vert in high school.

7 hours ago, Yerbo said:

If your definition of livable is having 2 months of good weather a year then this list really hits the nail on the head! But screw that! I'd rather live someplace where it isn't dark half the year and hovering around zero, even if it's supposedly a little less "livable".........

My G

13 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

i’ll take a place on the coast of italy over any of those 

Lol Italy's beaches are trash m8

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

There's more to the Italian coast than just lame beaches for migrants to wash ashore on. Try Amalfi or Portofino 

5 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

There's more to the Italian coast than just lame beaches for migrants to wash ashore on. Try Amalfi or Portofino 

My bad,  You're right.  I didn't spend long in Italy,  didn't hit up the Riviera at all,  was in Sicily for the most part and it is absolutely an amazing part of the world. 

Just had another look at this list and saw Geneva at #4 lol that place is ****ing boring. The only good thing about it is it's close to a lot of really good ski resorts in the Alps.

40 minutes ago, RadLad said:

Just had another look at this list and saw Geneva at #4 lol that place is ****ing boring. The only good thing about it is it's close to a lot of really good ski resorts in the Alps.

I have no idea how Canberra in Oz got a mention,  easily the most boring city we have.  Full of kunty politicians and terrible weather 

20 hours ago, OzStraya said:

like TBE said gotta know the right spots. amalfi and positano come to mind. i’m actually heading there this summer will post some pics so u can see what i’m talking about 

40 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

like TBE said gotta know the right spots. amalfi and positano come to mind. i’m actually heading there this summer will post some pics so u can see what i’m talking about 

I've been to Italy m8, I know what you mean. Each to their own obvs, but Amalfi is a tourist trap, I don't fall for that chit. It's like going to the Greek islands.  Nice on paper but chit holes full of tourists once u get there 

58 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I've been to Italy m8, I know what you mean. Each to their own obvs, but Amalfi is a tourist trap, I don't fall for that chit. It's like going to the Greek islands.  Nice on paper but chit holes full of tourists once u get there 

only ever seen amalfi from a boat. swam in the water for a bit but we never actually went on land. not too many tourists in positano but honestly there’s not much to do. my friend and i found ourselves getting drunk on the beach every night cuz there was nothing else to do 

5 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

only ever seen amalfi from a boat. swam in the water for a bit but we never actually went on land. not too many tourists in positano but honestly there’s not much to do. my friend and i found ourselves getting drunk on the beach every night cuz there was nothing else to do 

There is nothing wrong with getting drunk on the beach lol I'm just lucky I have beautiful coastlines walking distance from my house so by opinions a bit skewed.  Italy was all about the food for me, if I was to go to that area Is be checking out Pompeii

41 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

There is nothing wrong with getting drunk on the beach lol I'm just lucky I have beautiful coastlines walking distance from my house so by opinions a bit skewed.  Italy was all about the food for me, if I was to go to that area Is be checking out Pompeii

nah if u hate tourists stay farrrr away from pompeii it’s horrible 

26 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

nah if u hate tourists stay farrrr away from pompeii it’s horrible 

I'm a bit of a history geek so I can cop some tourists for some ancient chit. I waited hours in lines for a decent angle on the sphinx at sunrise and didnt even get a decent photo I can handle a few for the Pompeii scenes. My downtime on holiday is always away from those leeches tho

11 hours ago, OzStraya said:

I'm a bit of a history geek so I can cop some tourists for some ancient chit. I waited hours in lines for a decent angle on the sphinx at sunrise and didnt even get a decent photo I can handle a few for the Pompeii scenes. My downtime on holiday is always away from those leeches tho

im a bit of a history buff too. today i was learning about the great mariana's turkey shoot, where a bunch of canadians got a little upset and started bodying the japanese army during the Boshin War.

Edited by -idyb-

14 hours ago, OzStraya said:

i feel you.i love history but pompeii didn't really do it for me. rome is cool but overrated. its like NYC but every few blocks theres an ancient building. Assisi had almost no tourists but there isnt anything to do. no beaches, no good food, just a few old churches that have some cool art. im trying to plan a trip with a few buddies for next summer (not the one coming up) we were thinking of going far away to someplace we've never been. so far New Zealand,Australia, and Japan are at the top of our lists 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

i feel you.i love history but pompeii didn't really do it for me. rome is cool but overrated. its like NYC but every few blocks theres an ancient building. Assisi had almost no tourists but there isnt anything to do. no beaches, no good food, just a few old churches that have some cool art. im trying to plan a trip with a few buddies for next summer (not the one coming up) we were thinking of going far away to someplace we've never been. so far New Zealand,Australia, and Japan are at the top of our lists 

Japan and new Zealand are awesome. Haven't been to Australia yet but it's on the list. 

I always take these surveys with a bit of a pinch of salt as they look at stuff in a far too broad a sense. Cities that score badly on crime, for example, wouldn't necessarily put off ex-pats because you'd just live in a nice part of town. Good healthcare is probably a factor you look for when you're older but it didn't cross my mind once when I moved abroad. 

Also... Dublin is totally overrated. Belfast >> Dublin. Change my mind. 

On 2/14/2019 at 10:01 AM, Jolldan said:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/copenhagen-ranked-most-liveable-city-for-europeans/ar-BBTxHTZ?ocid=ientp

Copenhagen has been voted the most liveable city for Europeans in new research released today.

Cities in Scandinavia, the Netherlands and Switzerland dominate the top 20 cities for European expats, according to data from consultancy ECA International.

In the UK, Edinburgh is the only city that ranks in the top 20, while Aberdeen came in at number 21.

Dublin re-entered the top 10 this year, ranking in joint ninth place with Gothenburg and Luxembourg City.

Elsewhere in the UK, London and Glasgow were ranked poorly for liveability factors, coming in 49th and 57th respectively.

Outside Europe, Canadian cities ranked highly, as did Canberra in Australia and New Zealand capital Wellington. Singapore was the only Asian city in the top 100.

“Edinburgh and Aberdeen lead the way for UK cities in terms of liveability due to a range of factors including lower air pollution and a greater level of personal security,” said Neil Ashman, senior location ratings analyst at ECA International.

“However, what really makes these two cities outshine others in the UK is the existing expat community. This is an important factor in the liveability analysis as a solid network of expatriates will help newcomers feel less isolated and reduces the anticipated culture shock for workers who relocate from overseas.”

Ashman added: “Cities in Scandinavia, Switzerland and the Netherlands have offered good liveability across the board for many years now; with factors such as excellent infrastructure, reliable transport systems, and a high level of healthcare all contributing to their consistently excellent liveability score.”

Ashman said that London’s liveability score had remained steady, despite “higher air pollution and crime levels in the past year”. He added that smaller cities generally outperform bigger ones in terms of liveability.

ECA ranks 480 cities around the world on a variety of “liveability” factors including health services, housing, social life and climate.

1. Copenhagen, Denmark

2. Bern, Switzerland

4. Geneva, Switzerland

5. Stavanger, Norway

8. Basel, Switzerland

10. Gothenburg, Sweden

11. Dublin, Ireland

12. Aarhus, Denmark

14. Zurich, Switzerland

15. Bonn, Germany

16. Munich, Germany

17. Vienna, Austria

18. Hamburg, Germany

19. Stockholm, Sweden

20. Edinburgh, UK

Seems to me the 1st world living standard should've been exported... Instead the opposite is true concerning the worlds future. 

On 2/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, Jolldan said:

1. Copenhagen, Denmark

2. Bern, Switzerland

4. Geneva, Switzerland

5. Stavanger, Norway

8. Basel, Switzerland

10. Gothenburg, Sweden

11. Dublin, Ireland

12. Aarhus, Denmark

14. Zurich, Switzerland

15. Bonn, Germany

16. Munich, Germany

17. Vienna, Austria

18. Hamburg, Germany

19. Stockholm, Sweden

20. Edinburgh, UK

lots of tourist traps in that listing lol

On 2/17/2019 at 4:37 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Japan and new Zealand are awesome. Haven't been to Australia yet but it's on the list. 

I always take these surveys with a bit of a pinch of salt as they look at stuff in a far too broad a sense. Cities that score badly on crime, for example, wouldn't necessarily put off ex-pats because you'd just live in a nice part of town. Good healthcare is probably a factor you look for when you're older but it didn't cross my mind once when I moved abroad. 

Also... Dublin is totally overrated. Belfast >> Dublin. Change my mind. 

Japan is the heavy favorite so far. what parts have you been to? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

Japan is the heavy favorite so far. what parts have you been to? 

Kyoto, Tokyo, saw the snow monkeys near Nagano, went to Kanizawra and Hiroshima plus spent some time near mount fuji and a bit on the south island in some random hot springs town. 

Great country to visit. Got to pick the right season though depending on what you want to see. 

Cities With the World's Worst Traffic Congestion

In one Russian city, residents spent the equivalent of almost nine days in 2018 stuck in traffic.

If traffic is a major pet peeve of yours then avoid these places like the plague.

The 10 Most Congested Cities in the World in 2018:

Congestion Rank Metro Area Country Hours Lost to Congestion
1 Moscow Russia 210
2 Istanbul Turkey 157
3 Bogota Colombia 272
4 Mexico City Mexico 218
5 Sao Paulo Brazil 154
6 London United Kingdom 227
7 Rio de Janeiro Brazil 199
8 Boston United States 164
9 Saint Petersburg Russia 200
10 Rome Italy 254
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Cities With the World's Worst Traffic Congestion

In one Russian city, residents spent the equivalent of almost nine days in 2018 stuck in traffic.

If traffic is a major pet peeve of yours then avoid these places like the plague.

The 10 Most Congested Cities in the World in 2018:

Congestion Rank Metro Area Country Hours Lost to Congestion
1 Moscow Russia 210
2 Istanbul Turkey 157
3 Bogota Colombia 272
4 Mexico City Mexico 218
5 Sao Paulo Brazil 154
6 London United Kingdom 227
7 Rio de Janeiro Brazil 199
8 Boston United States 164
9 Saint Petersburg Russia 200
10 Rome Italy 254

How in the actual **** is Boston listed but not Chicago, when Chicago is worse by far??

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2019 at 9:04 PM, juice64011 said:

hello @Identity. That was a random like that you gave me. 

Lol

Hello young sir

It took me a hot minute to figure out how to do that

This place has changed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wickles82 said:

Having been to Murica and spoke with Muricans (and reading this post)

46D9C0AC-ACE2-4370-AEAC-EB26BAA35868.jpeg

America is the place where over populating wasn't trendy... Now that we've become a global warming breeding ground you could say india or china is America now.