Sign in to follow this  
Welcome_to_Moe's

Places where you would like to see the UFC you feel would be great for them to go to?

I was just reading the Till vs Masvidal Wikipedia and noticed the attendance at the O2 Arena being 16,602 with a $2,400,000 total gate which got me thinking about places where the UFC should go but they haven't already?

I'm sure there's many places in the US where they haven't been or maybe they haven't been for a long time where you feel they would be good or anywhere in the world really too as of course there's people from all over the world on the forum here so I thought it would be quite cool to see where you guys reckon the UFC should go?

After looking at the Till vs Masvidal event at the O2 I honestly feel the UFC really need to go to the North of the UK too, there are a lot of passionate fans up there too, I know when they were building the Leeds Arena (First Direct Arena) they even had in their press releases UFC to cater for their events but they haven't been there still since the arena opened in 2013 it would be perfect for the UFC as it's built to support their setup also.

Plus, I know that people from all over Europe fly in really quickly and easily to the Leeds/Bradford airport so they would no doubt bring in crowds from Amsterdam and places like that too as they can fly over in about an hour or something.

I reckon it would be a good arena and turn out for them if they were to do the North of England as the place is really popular, it was nominated as one of England's greatest landmarks and won best new venue in the world in 2014, it's a fantastic arena.

It looks really nice too with all the lights changing colour at night.

1.jpg.189a1584801347531c237088ecbad4a6.jpg

3.jpg.5f748ebc78733abe0370a9e0cc6adfe9.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.0f238f3e4fb57e500f482d7639318d6e.jpg

2.jpg.59c492b4b7b98782010c90f16afa987e.jpg

There's a little promo here too which is good.

Though what places would you like to see the UFC go to? I thought this could be quite cool to see the various venue's around the world also :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wickles82 said:

Considering the amount of good fighters we have. They should deffo, come back to the UK more than once a year. We make them money, and we love it. They also have the BT deal, so it makes sense

Good fighters?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here we go!!!

Considering the amount of fighters we have in the UFC and the size of our country. I'd say we're doing pretty, pretty, pretty good. 

Really opened my eyes coming on the fight club. Bunch of Proper 12, Irish pretending ballbags

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

After looking at the Till vs Masvidal event at the O2 I honestly feel the UFC really need to go to the North of the UK too

They were in Liverpool last year and Manchester previous to that. In fact Manchester had been used allot through the years. Birmingham and Nottingham too. In the early days as far North as Newcastle.  It's not exclusively London, in fact far from it.

Edited by Marble
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wickles82 said:

Considering the amount of good fighters we have. They should deffo, come back to the UK more than once a year. We make them money, and we love it. They also have the BT deal, so it makes sense

lolol your highest draw just got slept cold who else does the UK have

3 hours ago, wickles82 said:

Yeah, there is a lot of up and coming British fighters too and would be a great venue, I do feel it should be their next show there, in fact like you say hopefully they'll do more events now as the UFC has really grown and is continuing to grow too it would be a great venue for them to do next. 

2 hours ago, Marble said:

They were in Liverpool last year and Manchester previous to that. In fact Manchester had been used allot through the years. Birmingham and Nottingham too. In the early days as far North as Newcastle.  It's not exclusively London, in fact far from it.

Yeah, I knew about the Liverpool and Manchester ones, it's just the sport is constantly growing here too, specially this past year or so it seems to have really boosted, this is why the Leeds Arena I reckon would be a good choice.

Was just reading on the Wikipedia too about the Leeds Arena and it's good how they can change the lights for the mood of the event, I could imagine this all lit up red like the UFC logo etc.. on the night.

This part here.

The arena is constructed in a super theatre fan shaped format as opposed to the more conventional bowl or horse-shoe seating arrangement commonly used by most arenas in the United Kingdom.[9] The arena promises 'perfect sightlines' from each seat and the longest distance from the stage is 68 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena. According to the City Council, flat floor seating and 15 rows of retractable seating can be removed to create a huge floor area holding thousands of standing spectators. The interior design is flexible and the First Direct Arena accommodates a range of events including:

• Music concerts in various configurations
  • Comedy events
  • Family shows, such as "Walking with Dinosaurs"
  • Ice dance shows and family dance shows
  • Basketball
  • Tennis
  • Boxing/ Wrestling/ UFC
  • Shows ranging from 1,500 capacity to 13,500 capacity

The external design was announced in August 2010. The external design has a honeycomb design. This design uses – a voronoi diagram – to create cellular shapes that are visible on key approaches to the arena.

On an evening, the front of the building has the ability to change colour or pattern dependent on the show or mood of the arena at the time.

I honestly feel like it would be a great venue for the UFC however I do love hearing what others feel too as I'm sure there's loads of places they haven't been yet or maybe somewhere where they haven't been for a long time, specially now the sport has grown so much over the recent years too. 

Africa. It's an untapped market, provided you go to the right countries. Obviously there isn't going to be a "UFC Fight Night Mogadishu" anytime soon.

Top would be Nairobi, Kenya, Johannesburg, South Africa, Accra, Ghana, and maybe Gaborone, Botswana.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ijosef said:

Africa. It's an untapped market, provided you go to the right countries. Obviously there isn't going to be a "UFC Fight Night Mogadishu" anytime soon.

Top would be Nairobi, Kenya, Johannesburg, South Africa, Accra, Ghana, and maybe Gaborone, Botswana.

You know what there is a LOT of talent coming from there too, this is a must place also.

I think it was Israel Adesanya who was saying something about this recently also.

The UFC definitely need to make a few shows there if they can. 

On 3/18/2019 at 1:19 AM, ijosef said:

Kenya has it's terror problems, so doubt it'll go there. 

I can only really see South Africa as an option. However, considering their all Rugby mad, i'm not sure how they'd sell. 

Imagine, if the UFC booked a card in Iran and just placed Wrestler vs Wrestler, no strikers, just grapplers. I reckon they'd sell it well

12 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

Kenya has it's terror problems, so doubt it'll go there. 

I can only really see South Africa as an option. However, considering their all Rugby mad, i'm not sure how they'd sell. 

@OGWAMBI @Ogwambi_Back_to_black  @Ogwambi_the_Conqueror @Ogwambi's_Salsa_Club  @Ogwambina  @Ogwambi's_Final_Stand @OgwambiTheSecondComing 

im sure all of these cromwell alts would buy tickets

• Haha 1

Im assuming you mean cities and their arenas

Here's my list will put the city, the arena and why they should go there

• (TECA). Aberdeen. Opening in 2019 will be Scotland's biggest indoor arena once opened and the UFC has never been this far north and Scots are pretty used to our professionals sportsman and woman being average so would still get behind them lol.
  • Sportpaleis. Antwerp. Easy one this its the second biggest indoor arena in Europe and with plenty of fighters from neighbouring Holland, France and Germany.
  • Baku Crystal Hall. Baku. The biggest arena in Europe and a great opportunity for new talent from The Caucasus and Russia.
  • Philippine Arena. The Philippines. Biggest indoor arena in the world 55,000 and they've only ever been to The Philippines once.
  • Principality Stadium. Wales. Been to every other country in the UK why not go to a 75,000+ seater stadium with a retractable roof. With a massive fan base in the UK it would sell out very quickly.
  • Ticketpro Dome. Johannesburg. Tied with a arena in Egypt for the biggest indoor in Africa and Africa never had a UFC event.
  • Like 1

Yep, pretty much, just the cities and arena's they haven't covered or if they have not for a long time since the sport has grown a lot, specially in the UK and no doubt other countries too.

Some good calls there too, the Leeds Arena is definitely a must have place for them to do at some point but I also hear you about the Wales thing too, I'm sure it would be a good event and turn out there also.

I honestly couldn't say whether the WWE or UFC are the biggest here as you'll be surprised by both as they both have huge fan bases. I'd say probably UFC is bigger here now but I wouldn't want to underestimate the WWE audience either cause it's been around so long it's not really something you hear about like you do with the UFC which is growing and seems like more sports fans are really getting into it, I'm starting to see a lot of sport personalities too like Tony Bellew for example all tweeting about UFC events which I never did before so I'd say the UFC are probably bigger now, however my point is the WWE seem to be ahead of them in regards to covering the UK with their tours and shows and where as I know UFC do the one live show (what with WWE being an entertainment pre determined thing they tour with) it does seem like the WWE have covered more ground which hopefully the UFC will be able to do eventually also.

It would be cool to see them do more regular UK events too which no doubt is the same in other countries where the sport has also grown. 

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:
  • Principality Stadium. Wales. Been to every other country in the UK why not go to a 75,000+ seater stadium with a retractable roof. With a massive fan base in the UK it would sell out very quickly.

It would have to be an absolute monster card, for that place to sell out. The mother of all cards and cheaper tickets. Struggling to fill that beast 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

It would have to be an absolute monster card, for that place to sell out. The mother of all cards and cheaper tickets. Struggling to fill that beast 

Yeah, I was thinking that too with the capacity, if they had a huge Welsh star like Conor McGregor with the Ireland thing I think it would be a good idea.

That said, they could still do it there but obviously not sell it out, also you have to make sure the arena cater for these kind of events and their setup, I'm not familiar with the stadium much so couldn't say personally.

Like this here I quoted from the Leeds one, they have to be able to cater for it, which I'm sure most do but obviously that will also be something that comes to mind.

The arena is constructed in a super theatre fan shaped format as opposed to the more conventional bowl or horse-shoe seating arrangement commonly used by most arenas in the United Kingdom.[9] The arena promises 'perfect sightlines' from each seat and the longest distance from the stage is 68 metres as opposed to 95–110 metres at a traditionally designed Arena. According to the City Council, flat floor seating and 15 rows of retractable seating can be removed to create a huge floor area holding thousands of standing spectators. The interior design is flexible and the First Direct Arena accommodates a range of events including:

• Music concerts in various configurations
  • Comedy events
  • Family shows, such as "Walking with Dinosaurs"
  • Ice dance shows and family dance shows
  • Basketball
  • Tennis
  • Boxing/ Wrestling/ UFC
  • Shows ranging from 1,500 capacity to 13,500 capacity

The external design was announced in August 2010. The external design has a honeycomb design. This design uses – a voronoi diagram – to create cellular shapes that are visible on key approaches to the arena.

On an evening, the front of the building has the ability to change colour or pattern dependent on the show or mood of the arena at the time.

Again, I don't know much about the Principality Stadium though if they haven't been to Wales at all it would be a good ground to cover I reckon, just getting the right arena for it that's all :) 

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's

3 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Again, I don't know much about the Principality Stadium though if they haven't been to Wales at all it would be a good ground to cover I reckon, just getting the right arena for it that's all :) 

Problem with Cardiff. The only seated arena is the Ice hockey arena. It would be too small, for the UFC. Can't think of anywhere else in the region, that could hold such an event. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Like this here I quoted from the Leeds one, they have to be able to cater for it, which I'm sure most

Never been but had a look and I've gotta burst your bubble. It's built for theatre and music. You couldn't have a big fighting event there, just won't work due to the fan shaped format. 

5 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

All of them except one have never been here apparently lol 

those are all banned cromwell alt. they were here before the "new" forum merged over.  it only kept track of their last login if they logged in since whenever it was rolled over. i think 2015 or something.

this was back when the alts who were cool. crom and his army of alts were dope. who could ever forget the ogwambi or @THE_HULKSTER era?  these days we just have feggits like @Bwana prancing around the place wanting to be all hard and cybertough

speaking of alts god dammit you gotta let me in on your secret moe

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland. After watching some MMA events in the small piece of **** arenas, and how the fans are over here, its unbelievable, yes our fighters suck, yes most of them are Cans, but we will support the **** out of them, 50+k seats, would be filled to the brim with screaming fans. A man can dream right

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

those are all banned cromwell alt. they were here before the "new" forum merged over.  it only kept track of their last login if they logged in since whenever it was rolled over. i think 2015 or something.

this was back when the alts who were cool. crom and his army of alts were dope. who could ever forget the ogwambi or @THE_HULKSTER era?  these days we just have feggits like @Bwana prancing around the place wanting to be all hard and cybertough

speaking of alts god dammit you gotta let me in on your secret moe

Eat shiit doochnozzle

19 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

That’s one hell of a stupid post. The US highlight KO reel, would be insane. Sort yourself out, brother

Even more embarrassingly, skill and power is Brazilian! No British fighter has been koed on their home turf as badly as the Brazilian football team in 2014.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

That’s one hell of a stupid post. The US highlight KO reel, would be insane. Sort yourself out, brother

LOL oh m8 you really dont get what this fora is all about.

You will learn soon 

39 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

You will learn soon 

41 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

You will learn soon 

41 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

You will learn soon 

005C4A49-B227-4034-A962-4A9D86AD9009.gif

1 hour ago, skillandpower said:

You will learn soon 

if this fora still all about banana bread and the alan belcher longcat?

Edited by -idyb-

5 hours ago, Marble said:

Never been but had a look and I've gotta burst your bubble. It's built for theatre and music. You couldn't have a big fighting event there, just won't work due to the fan shaped format. 

Are you for real? No bubble to burst! I've been there numerous times and seen WWE and boxing live, their setup is unreal and it absolutely, 1000000% supports that setup more than anything.

Google it, look up some videos on YouTube, you will see how absolutely wrong you are! 

BT Sport hosts massive events like this live all the time, in fact Warrington live on BT Sport in a couple of weeks is from there, it's the perfect arena.

You're wrong, big time!!! lol 

D2BMrT7XcAA4LZs.0.thumb.jpg.857d9c77a86321343a3e2c1da933985c.jpg

InShot_20190320_021714722.thumb.jpg.ee5f987dd6ad4f96c34cc6e55f779831.jpg

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's

I stand corrected. I've never been to a sporting event with such a set up. Couldn't picture in my mind how it would look. UFC Dublin has helped. Looks odd but tge same fan shape and stage

Screenshot_20190320-064058_Chrome.jpg

8 hours ago, Marble said:

I stand corrected. I've never been to a sporting event with such a set up. Couldn't picture in my mind how it would look. UFC Dublin has helped. Looks odd but tge same fan shape and stage

Screenshot_20190320-064058_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, no worries mate, I'm not sure where in the UK you are but you should go if you can, it's a great arena :)

They actually built it with these kind of events in mind as there's always been a demand for an arena there and the sports thing was something that was quite demanded so they built it to cater for it as well as regular events like you say, they've had Prince there and everything it's a fantastic place :)

It's good that we're getting some good arena's in the UK though, I think we do pretty well don't we on a whole :) 

Hawaii, but the gate would suck, hawaii is a 4th world country, so ticket prices would have to be next to free.

I remember seeing a bunch of ufc events at the seminole hard rock in florida way back when tickets were like $20 back then, havent seen one there in years in feels like.

That being said idc where events are held, as long as they are quality cards top to bottom

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the_vagenius said:

Hawaii, but the gate would suck, hawaii is a 4th world country, so ticket prices would have to be next to free.

I remember seeing a bunch of ufc events at the seminole hard rock in florida way back when tickets were like $20 back then, havent seen one there in years in feels like.

That being said idc where events are held, as long as they are quality cards top to bottom

Have the UFC never been to Hawaii? How many times have they been to Florida, do you know? Haven't they got Wrestlemania there soon or something, I'm sure I saw something on Twitter about Wrestlemania and Florida?

I do often wonder how much of the US they have covered and how much they haven't, I mean obviously UFC is huge there but I have no idea as such as I've never been, would you say the UFC was bigger than the WWE in the US or not? I genuinely have no idea?

Ufc never been to hawaii.

According to wiki ppv numbers its all  boxers top 4, then wwe wrestlers then towards the bottom in between de la hoya and holyfield is mcgregor.

As for revenue wwe has made much more being twice as old as ufc i would assume, and wrestling is kind of like a more family thing i guess?! Idk

• Like 1