Sign in to follow this  
Marble

Kevin Lee moves up to welterweight.

Well, it's sort of a lightweight fight at welterweight. Lee will still be much smaller than guys like Usman and Woodley. And if he can't maintain his cardio at welterweight, then he has nobody to blame anymore.

Chit or get off the pot time.

• Like 4

The step from weight cutting can to weight gaining GOAT is a brave move,  and about damn time.  RDA swarms him though and takes him out

Edited by OzStraya

1 hour ago, skillandpower said:

BUT lets not act like RDA wasnt a 155 until like a couple days ago

Likely why he's got the fight. Also consider how Colby dealt with him so easily. Break him in gently and somewhat safely but against a ranked name. Same thing they're doing with Rockhold and his glass jaw, look how they give him the only guy in top 11 of the division that's not known for KOs.

21 minutes ago, Marble said:

Likely why he's got the fight. Also consider how Colby dealt with him so easily. Break him in gently and somewhat safely but against a ranked name. Same thing they're doing with Rockhold and his glass jaw, look how they give him the only guy in top 11 of the division that's not known for KOs.

Rocksalt is likely still getting faceplanted and we'll all have a good belly laugh about it after.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Well, it's sort of a lightweight fight at welterweight. Lee will still be much smaller than guys like Usman and Woodley. And if he can't maintain his cardio at welterweight, then he has nobody to blame anymore.

Chit or get off the pot time.

Lee still got a good thing going on at 155 imo.

Should had stayed there and make his way up again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I believe his coaches were saying his cardio issues are mainly from the weight cut. He very easily was outwrestling Iaquinta until his cardio gave out around the fourth round. So I kinda agree with this move, but as I said, he's small for welterweight. I don't think this move is going to work permanently.

I think the UFC eventually makes a 165 pound division, and at that point Lee can move to the division he belongs in.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Struggles to get down that far though, he walks around at over 180 I reckon. 165 would be right for him. I guess he's hoping they create that some time soon. Would be great to open the division at IFW.

Edited by Marble
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

So basically, 2 fighters not good enough for Lightweight are fighting at a higher weight class, ok

Not necessarily not good enough. Just not the right division. Too big. 

Just now, Marble said:

Not necessarily not good enough. Just not the right division. Too big. 

Kevin wins, proves nothing, be fair about that, should be fighting an actual Welterweight

Just now, stehilton94 said:

Kevin wins, proves nothing, be fair about that, should be fighting an actual Welterweight

I dunno I like the fight think it's a good match up. 165 comes in soon surely, he'll fall down into that. Why fight a big WW. He already said he sees them as too big, not a great mentality to go into a fight with. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I believe his coaches were saying his cardio issues are mainly from the weight cut. He very easily was outwrestling Iaquinta until his cardio gave out around the fourth round. So I kinda agree with this move, but as I said, he's small for welterweight. I don't think this move is going to work permanently.

I think the UFC eventually makes a 165 pound division, and at that point Lee can move to the division he belongs in.

He would be one of the top dogs at 165 for sure.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Marble said:

Struggles to get down that far though, he walks around at over 180 I reckon. 165 would be right for him. I guess he's hoping they create that some time soon. Would be great to open the division at IFW.

Good News for Lee: Dana said 165 is not happening lol (so yeah it is happening)

13 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Good News for Lee: Dana said 165 is not happening lol (so yeah it is happening)

He just doesn't want every guy talking about moving to a division they have yet to open. They want Askren to win a couple more times, Khabib to fight Ferguson.. and then they'll open 165 with Askren vs. Khabib. They want to build up momentum for it, and I don't blame them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

He just doesn't want every guy talking about moving to a division they have yet to open. They want Askren to win a couple more times, Khabib to fight Ferguson.. and then they'll open 165 with Askren vs. Khabib. They want to build up momentum for it, and I don't blame them.

Yep I agree. Waiting for the right moment. We joke about it but baldy got a gameplan for sure

Lee is going to finish him. His cardio will be better without cutting to 155 and he'll smash RDA on the ground like everyone else that tries to

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, LayDownDead said:

Lee is going to finish him. His cardio will be better without cutting to 155 and he'll smash RDA on the ground like everyone else that tries to

Like Magny did?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Marble said:

RDA won two rounds and without the brain fart would have won 3

7 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

Is Lawler an actual WW?  Because RDA raped him

Edited by OzStraya

7 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

RDA wins this fight. On the feet or on the ground.

You must have missed RDA getting wrassle****ed by Usman and Colby.

3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Is Lawler an actual WW?  Because RDA raped him

What's Robbie's last meaningful win? Matt Brown five years ago?

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

What's Robbie's last meaningful win? Matt Brown five years ago?

Askten two weeks ago with a different ref

Edited by OzStraya

8 hours ago, OzStraya said:

RDA won two rounds and without the brain fart would have won 3

I had him losing 49/46 but it was his inability to get passed and beat Colby's game plan that surprised me the most. 

Edited by Marble

This is a good move for Kevin. 

His chin and striking are still horrible though, don't see that changing.

• Thanks 1

lol who is Dos Nachos manager?  Are they going to attempt to schedule a bout with Askren while they're at it.

All this lightweight fight taking place at welterweight is nonsense btw.  These dudes have both said they get as heavy as 195.  If they get that heavy they belong at 170.  Kevin will smash this filthy animal just like he did Barboza.  You only see this guy drained and against Ferguson nearly dead from the weight cut and infected with staph.  He was tossing Tony around and people actually still think that Tony could beat Khabib.  That's hilarious.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 7:02 PM, cashfl0w said:

I don't think he's small for the division and he's still going to have a decent weight cut but it doesn't have to be 90% of his goddamn focus during camp.  The bigger guys are going through the same type of cuts he goes through at lightweight.  I don't know if age, injuries, weight cut or some combo hit but Tyron Woodley looked absolutely terrible against Marty.

You got Darrel saying he's not overlooking Masvidal but he's eyeing a fight with Israel at MW down the line.  Gets violently knocked out and his weight cut and miss against Steve is on video for some stupid reason.  Like who decides they want to film a man in the process of dying trying to make 171 pounds?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

lol who is Dos Nachos manager?  Are they going to attempt to schedule a bout with Askren while they're at it.

All this lightweight fight taking place at welterweight is nonsense btw.  These dudes have both said they get as heavy as 195.  If they get that heavy they belong at 170.  Kevin will smash this filthy animal just like he did Barboza.  You only see this guy drained and against Ferguson nearly dead from the weight cut and infected with staph.  He was tossing Tony around and people actually still think that Tony could beat Khabib.  That's hilarious.

If you weren't a certified Welch I'd account bet you on this chit m8

I want to see how he does first before having much of an opinion, he seemed to be lost in the LW division but the only thing that concerns me is his cardio with people like Askren etc... I can't see him winning there however I have no idea how he's been training since his loss to Al so it'll be interesting to see how he does over he next few fights or so. 

7 hours ago, OzStraya said:

If you weren't a certified Welch I'd account bet you on this chit m8

lol I'm barely on here these days.  Say when, chump.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 4:02 PM, stehilton94 said:

So basically, 2 fighters not good enough for Lightweight are fighting at a higher weight class, ok

This isn't anything new 

On 3/21/2019 at 11:13 PM, PlatinumClegg said:

LMFAO kevin got one takedown on tony and was getting dropped, lit up, and taking elbows from bottom all night. End result always the same he quit just like everybody does in there 5 rounds with the boogeyman. Khabib is no different. In fact khabib would be an even easier finish than kevin lee.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Banham said:

LMFAO kevin got one takedown on tony and was getting dropped, lit up, and taking elbows from bottom all night. End result always the same he quit just like everybody does in there 5 rounds with the boogeyman. Khabib is no different. In fact khabib would be an even easier finish than kevin lee.

I hope our username bet is still valid when Ferguson and khabib finally fight. I hear you had GREAT things planned. 

Hope all is well. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I hope our username bet is still valid when Ferguson and khabib finally fight. I hear you had GREAT things planned. 

Hope all is well. 

Haha for sure. If khabib was a real man he would fight schizophrenic Tony. I think Tony takes that chip out his leg and beats Khabib over the head with it and pays homage to coach Brock.

• Like 3