Sign in to follow this  
BART-O-LINI

Ortega vs Zabit at UFC 240

Weird that they put it on the same event as Holloway/Edgar. Will Volkanovski get jumped by the winner?

I think this is just a way to 'play safe' in case someone pulls out from the title fight.

Obviously, due to how badly Ortega got handled by Max, I dont think he is getting the spot if someone pulls out but Zabit most likely will.

I still think Alex is getting the shot tho

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure how I feel about that match-up. 

Not sure what Zabit has done to merit a fight with a previously undefeated fighter coming off a loss to the champ, aside from a flat performance against a journeyman.  Unless Chitty City is broken from the Holloway fight, he's got an excellent chance to win and Zabit is going to take a tumble down the rankings.  

Maybe Zabit wins but I think Ortega has the best shot. 

• Like 2

I think the gay hippie will have his hands full, Zabit is no easy fight for him.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Weird that they put it on the same event as Holloway/Edgar. Will Volkanovski get jumped by the winner?

I hope he get jumped by the winner. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Funny how these undefeated fighters from Dagestan go their entire careers without ever facing a high-level wrestler.  It's as plain as day, but no one seems to see it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Funny how these undefeated fighters from Dagestan go their entire careers without ever facing a high-level wrestler.  It's as plain as day, but no one seems to see it.

Zabit is a fair wrestler, but his number one skill is sprinting around the cage.

• Like 1

Zabit should make easy work of Ortega who relies too much on power.Sure we saw how power had Zabit a bit worried in his last fight but Ortega is imo kind of slowish,he reminds me more of a non athlete who just found a gym and took up the sport.Athleticism is huge in MMA,Zabit is lightning fast,VERY agile,very athletic combines with a high skill level,makes him really good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zaksame said:

Zabit should make easy work of Ortega who relies too much on power.Sure we saw how power had Zabit a bit worried in his last fight but Ortega is imo kind of slowish,he reminds me more of a non athlete who just found a gym and took up the sport.Athleticism is huge in MMA,Zabit is lightning fast,VERY agile,very athletic combines with a high skill level,makes him really good.

Yeah he is fast, athletic, agile, skilled and got some decent unpredictable striking BUT I still think his main advantage is on his size .. he is a huge 145er.

He did good against a killer like Jeremy and now he will face a dangerous BJJ guy so Im curious.

He still needs to show a bit more tho

23 hours ago, the_vagenius said:

Ortega beats the brains out this guy, savita is another Tony Ferguson lil bit of skill but a bunch of awkwardness in place of actual ability

I really hope Ortega derails this hype train.

It will be a legit test for Zabit for sure. Lets see what he got because I wasnt too impressed with his performance against Jeremy.

Dude is a WCC who is clearly using his size advantage at 145.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, the_vagenius said:

Ortega beats the brains out this guy, savita is another Tony Ferguson lil bit of skill but a bunch of awkwardness in place of actual ability

I think cowboys massively swollen eye would disagree with this statement. 

• Haha 1