MauroPedrosa

WTF: Yoel Romero wins 27 MILLION DOLLARS in lawsuit against supplement company

If he's reading this, I've always been a fan, I agree about the gays, and you were robbed against that aussie beta.

Now give me some money.

• Like 3

$3 million for emotional damages lol

damn i wish i lived in the states where i can sue the pants off everybody over anything.  for all of the "emotional damage" ive had to put up with on this forum everytime somebody hurt my feelings, i'd be a multibillionaire by now.

thats it. im drivin an hour down south and the next one of you yanks who rustles my jimmies is gonna get slapped up with a lawsuit. as soon as i can win a couple of these, i'll be able to afford Johnny Cockring as my lawyer and then i'll file a class action against this whole forum and sue my way to fortune until i have more money than that Jeff Bezos dude from Amazon, before he got divorced.

i wanted to become an octagon girl for my shot at fame and fortune, but sueing the paints off of all you forum members who have verbally assaulted me and my favorite fighter i support with homosexual references seems like a much bigger payout, and i wont have to sit through a whole bunch of womens flyweight fights that i aint interested in.  

as a straight homophobic male, you all have no idea how offended i am or how much sleep and wages ive lost out on, or the emotional trauma that goes on inside my head you all have caused me after you tell me how much i probably enjoy having GSP's greased up c0ck ceremonially up my ringpiece,  but you will soon find about about all of it from my lawyers. i'll see you all in court.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welp, this pretty much guarantees everybody that uses the tainted supplement excuse, but does NOT file a lawsuit against somebody, is lying now. They know there will be money at the end of the rainbow, if they can actually prove the supplement is tainted.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Welp, this pretty much guarantees everybody that uses the tainted supplement excuse, but does NOT file a lawsuit against somebody, is lying now. They know there will be money at the end of the rainbow, if they can actually prove the supplement is tainted.

Just stop taking that stupid **** and go natural like Demetrious the GOAT

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

the entire ufc roster should file a class action lawsuit on Nate Diaz for slander, lible, defamation of character and emotional damages,  after he implied that everybody is on steroids.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, -idyb- said:

$3 million for emotional damages lol

damn i wish i lived in the states where i can sue the pants off everybody over anything.  for all of the "emotional damage" ive had to put up with on this forum everytime somebody hurt my feelings, i'd be a multibillionaire by now.

thats it. im drivin an hour down south and the next one of you yanks who rustles my jimmies is gonna get slapped up with a lawsuit. as soon as i can win a couple of these, i'll be able to afford Johnny Cockring as my lawyer and then i'll file a class action against this whole forum and sue my way to fortune until i have more money than that Jeff Bezos dude from Amazon, before he got divorced.

i wanted to become an octagon girl for my shot at fame and fortune, but sueing the paints off of all you forum members who have verbally assaulted me and my favorite fighter i support with homosexual references seems like a much bigger payout, and i wont have to sit through a whole bunch of womens flyweight fights that i aint interested in.  

as a straight homophobic male, you all have no idea how offended i am or how much sleep and wages ive lost out on, or the emotional trauma that goes on inside my head you all have caused me after you tell me how much i probably enjoy having GSP's greased up c0ck ceremonially up my ringpiece,  but you will soon find about about all of it from my lawyers. i'll see you all in court.

I'm suing you for calling me a milk drinker, m8. One billion dollars!

Dr. Evil gif

Edited by Dark_Horse
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

image.png.4ccfb2b2a7fd8270793c72e0c454913e.png

Imagine googling that photo to begin with let alone making it a profile picture

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Dark_Horse said:

I'm suing you for calling me a milk drinker, m8. One billion dollars!

Dr. Evil gif

i guess that would fly. over here in canada we cant just sue anybody and everybody.  unless they hurt our feelings or improperly assume our gender. then its defined as hate speech and punishable by law with hefty fines and jail time.

ive currently got a subpoena for the courts to release McMod's personal information to me so i can take him to court over all the times he's merged my threads and its hurt my feelings and caused deep emotional trauma to me and my family.  Especially the threads that get merged into the GSP megathread when the breaking news isnt even related to GSP at all. Ive suffered plenty of sleepless nights and lost wages due to those.  ive had enough of his antics and its time to fight back.  he better put down the nintendo controller and put on a crisp new suit and tie, because we're taking this straight to court and he wont last 3 rounds against me and my expert team of lawyers.

Edited by -idyb-

On 5/28/2019 at 6:53 PM, juice64011 said:

Winning a lawsuit and actually being paid are two different things. 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:46 PM, Yesterdays_Hero said:

He won't see a single cent of this

This ^

18 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Joey Karate was one of the finest sketches on the land.. Diaz is a funny fooker

Not surprised that you think that Joey Diaz is funny. 

He's just as cringe as you.

• Haha 1

is this the same yoel romero that ducked jacare last month and needs over 4 months to get over a cold and be ready to fight again?

wouldnt be surprised if they catch him one day with 27 million dollars worth of human grown hormones in his closet

On 5/28/2019 at 5:53 PM, juice64011 said:

Winning a lawsuit and actually being paid are two different things. 

This can't be repeated enough. I don't know the veracity of this statement, but it will be rough for Yoel if true:

Chances are, he won't collect anything. "Gold Star Performance Products" registered its domain name less than 2 years ago. It operates out of a tiny little Suite in NJ and is a throwaway company. They didn't even respond to the lawsuit. The company will fold and or claim bankruptcy and Romero might even be stuck paying his own attorney fees. He could still end up with a loss in the end.

EDIT: If this company is just a small fly-by-night operation that has their supplements manufactured overseas and then slaps on their own label, they may not have the assets to cover that judgment and would likely go bankrupt. The meager assets of the business would be divided up among creditors (Yoel is an unsecured creditor, so he wouldn't be first in line) and when that was gone, everyone else would be left holding the bag. Provided the company was set up properly and owners/corporate officers didn't comingle funds, they would have no personal liability.

Most civil judgments are never satisfied in full - many are never satisfied at all. There seems to be a perception among some that when the moving party wins a lawsuit, the judge writes them a check from the bench. In reality, a judgment is a just a piece of paper that declares that the loser (debtor) owes the winner (creditor) a certain sum of money. The judgment also makes a variety of legal tools available to the creditor, such as bank levies, wage garnishments, property seizure, etc. However, these tools are not unlimited and a lot property (especially if the debtor is an individual) is protected from creditors by law.

The word is that this company didn't even answer the lawsuit. So, Yoel only "won" his case because the other side didn't show up and he was awarded a judgment by default. He didn't win because of any evidence or arguments presented.

Edited by ijosef

He won't be paid a dime and doesn't change my perception of him.

These guys have nutritionists,why the hell would he need supplements,he DOESN'T need pills,it is called eating right,exercising right,training right.In my prime i coldl wrestle anyone,i had to take on heavier people because it was too easy at my weight,i never once thought of ANY pills or even vitamins,i was healthy because of my huge activity level,i was always active in sports,every single day.

So what is the TRUE back story,well idk it could go in many directions,like he or his team knew the pills were tainted and the very reason he was taking them.I also don't know HOW USADA handled it or the LEVELS of illegal drugs,like did they match a supplement dose or were they very large amounts indicating ABUSE,who knows.

I also now realize that Testosterone therapy is still legit after hearing Nowitzki talk about some fighter not going through the proper avenues with injury and doctors.So it appears they USADA and the UFC like to keep us in the dark to the bigger picture and what is going on out there.My opinion,Romero is NOT a legit fighter and being a part of a wrestling program just further convinces me.

Edited by zaksame

The little supplement company he sued probably doesnt even have a fraction of that money to even give Yoel so hes not got 27 million lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, agtx said:

The little supplement company he sued probably doesnt even have a fraction of that money to even give Yoel so hes not got 27 million lol

Good point.

Maybe 27 million pesos ? lol

MMAFighting has a decent write-up on it:

https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/6/2/18648345/hot-tweets-yoel-romeros-big-payday-fighters-as-college-football-teams-and-the-future-of-mmafighting

Let’s be clear about what happened here. Romero won a default judgment. That means he filed suit, and because Gold Star Performance products never responded, he won. He didn’t go through a trial or extended litigation or anything like that. They just never responded to the suit. There are only two real reasons this would happen.

1. They are horribly mismanaged to the point that didn’t know what was going on. Good luck collecting $27 million from a company that doesn’t have a legal team.
  2. They never intended to pay in the first place so they didn’t bother responding. They’ll file bankruptcy and again, good luck collecting that $27 million.

If Gold Star had any intentions of paying any sum of money, they would have at least responded to the claim and either fought the suit or negotiated a settlement. Their use contract is vague enough to at least give them some grounds to contest. At the end of the day, Yoel has a $27 mil IOU that’s really only going to be worth a fraction of that.