Jump to content
NoCakeForYaya

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (tentatively in association with PATSTER))

Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd be 6 points clear of Arsenal and spurs at the end of January I'd probably have taken that. 

Would probably not have assumed it was 6 points clear of Arsenal and spurs put together though...

@MauroPedrosa, are you still tipping spurs this season?

They nearly won the Champions League with my blessing

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand Jose's move to Spurs. A club with a poor squad and who spend Zero pounds... I get that they got a couple of players during the window, but they're still bang average, at best..

Big game for City today. They have to finish 2nd. Fair play to Leicester too.. Brendon was made for that team and tactics...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I still don't understand Jose's move to Spurs. A club with a poor squad and who spend Zero pounds... I get that they got a couple of players during the window, but they're still bang average, at best..

Big game for City today. They have to finish 2nd. Fair play to Leicester too.. Brendon was made for that team and tactics...

Potential top 4 club in one of the top 3 European leagues....Jose is kind of damaged goods these days so I was more surprised that Spurs went for him than the other way round.  He's fallen a long way from his heyday at Porto and Chelski.

Not sure how bothered Citeh are on the race for 2nd.  From comments made by Pep today, it's all about the Champions League now.  There's no real difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd.  4th gives you a trickier way into the CL, but they're 10 points clear of Chelsea.  Unless Liverpool slip up in the next few games, i expect to see Pep resting a few players in the prem.  He's desperate for that Champions League trophy.  2nd place in the prem...not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Potential top 4 club in one of the top 3 European leagues

It's the only league.. The Championship is testament to the quality of the Premier league. Most of the Championship teams could get results in all the other top division leagues..

 

 

I agree with what you are saying. I just can't see Jose being there next year. I see no way forward for Spurs, unless they go BOLD and spend a ton and make a strong 'Jose' squad of 23 players......Ain't happening

 

As for City... Pep needs to win the Champions League.. It's a failure if he doesn't

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

It's the only league.. The Championship is testament to the quality of the Premier league. Most of the Championship teams could get results in all the other top division leagues..

 

 

I agree with what you are saying. I just can't see Jose being there next year. I see no way forward for Spurs, unless they go BOLD and spend a ton and make a strong 'Jose' squad of 23 players......Ain't happening

 

As for City... Pep needs to win the Champions League.. It's a failure if he doesn't

 

 

 

Yeah...i think it was really poor of spurs to sack poch. He's one of the brightest managers in Europe. Jose will do okay but he's been left behind by the modern game. It's 16 years since he was sprinting up the touchline at old Trafford. 

I think he'll be gone by Christmas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MauroPedrosa said:

City are so wasteful in front of goal. Bit them in the **** today. And they can’t score a pen to save their lives.

The Champions League will be a tough task

I'll never tire of watching city lose lol. It's hilarious. They won't win the champions League. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Need 6 wins from 13 games and the league is ours. That's quite a nice cushion going into the winter break tbh.

6 wins to go.  If it's 6 in a row and Chitty don't drop any points til then they will have to give us the honour guard.  I doubt they can manage it tbh

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

6 wins to go.  If it's 6 in a row and Chitty don't drop any points til then they will have to give us the honour guard.  I doubt they can manage it tbh

I'm actually getting moderately rustled by all these "Where will Liverpool win the league" articles, and what records can fall etc. etc.  I couldn't give a stuff if we break the "Invincibles" record, or go the whole season unbeaten, or win the title at Everton or Citeh.

I just want us to get our hands on that trophy.  30 years has been a long and painful time.  We haven't won the league since I was a kid and it will be epic.

But I'm still not ordering the bunting.

55 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I love seeing Man Utd fail

I think we chased off the only United fan on here.  So hopefully that is one thing we can all agree on.  United battling it out for the Europa League spot with Wolves and Sheffield United is sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm actually getting moderately rustled by all these "Where will Liverpool win the league" articles, and what records can fall etc. etc.  I couldn't give a stuff if we break the "Invincibles" record, or go the whole season unbeaten, or win the title at Everton or Citeh.

I just want us to get our hands on that trophy.  30 years has been a long and painful time.  We haven't won the league since I was a kid and it will be epic.

But I'm still not ordering the bunting.

I think we chased off the only United fan on here.  So hopefully that is one thing we can all agree on.  United battling it out for the Europa League spot with Wolves and Sheffield United is sweet.

Calm down and order the damn bunting Ikea_Sparks. It's ours.  Lock it in.  Unbackable favourites.  

 

Screenshot_2020-02-04-16-42-27-70.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Calm down and order the damn bunting Ikea_Sparks. It's ours.  Lock it in.  Unbackable favourites.  

 

Screenshot_2020-02-04-16-42-27-70.png

No chance mate.  Each game as it comes. That's the Liverpool way!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

No chance mate.  Each game as it comes. That's the Liverpool way!

So you're still a dreamer and not a believer? Klopp is dissapointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Man city. Lol.

Speaking of CL... we've now officially and mathematically qualified for next year's cl. Sweet. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Speaking of CL... we've now officially and mathematically qualified for next year's cl. Sweet. 

Yes, because you needed maths to confirm that for you this year ?. Honestly with this happening to city this season feels like some Liverpool fan's fan fiction that has actually come true lmao. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Yes, because you needed maths to confirm that for you this year ?. Honestly with this happening to city this season feels like some Liverpool fan's fan fiction that has actually come true lmao. 

Nah, if it was fan fiction, United would have gone into liquidation. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Are Fred and Bruno Fernandes the best midfield pair since Iniesta and Xavi? Please discuss

Hot take after two games. Fernandes looks like he might be decent though but definitely needs time. 

Frank looked like he wanted to die after the VAR decisions last game lol..

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Hot take after two games. Fernandes looks like he might be decent though but definitely needs time. 

Frank looked like he wanted to die after the VAR decisions last game lol..

Solid, albeit a bit lucky result for united; next game is Watford at home, which is exactly the sort of game they manage to lose.

I kind of enjoy these false dawns though.

Btw, as a Liverpool fan, i would like to confirm i don't want the 2014 title retrospectively.  They should just take it off city if they're in breach.  We don't want to break our duck like that, although if it stops @crangs spamming the Gerrard slipping gif maybe it's not such a bad thing.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Solid, albeit a bit lucky result for united; next game is Watford at home, which is exactly the sort of game they manage to lose.

I kind of enjoy these false dawns though.

Btw, as a Liverpool fan, i would like to confirm i don't want the 2014 title retrospectively.  They should just take it off city if they're in breach.  We don't want to break our duck like that, although if it stops @crangs spamming the Gerrard slipping gif maybe it's not such a bad thing.

What's your opinion on people wanting to sign Gerrard so he can win the 2020 title?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

although if it stops @crangs spamming the Gerrard slipping gif maybe it's not such a bad thing.

*vince-no-chance.gif

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

What's your opinion on people wanting to sign Gerrard so he can win the 2020 title?

g@yest thing since this

giphy.gif

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

What's your opinion on people wanting to sign Gerrard so he can win the 2020 title?

Who are these idiots?

13 minutes ago, crangs said:

g@yest thing since this

giphy.gif

Good to see footage from our title-winning campaign.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

This kid Haaland has GOAT potential

His numbers this year are simply ridiculous and he's fast as **** lol. Always seems to be in the right place. Extremely promising! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read a mad statistic yesterday that Diego simeone hasn't lost a CL knockout game (or been knocked out by I can't quite remember), by a team that doesn't have Christiano Ronaldo in it lol. Then you look back over the influence Ronaldo had over those wins and just think damn. Whatever your opinion of the guy he's probably the best CL player ever and damn will I miss him when he retires. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Read a mad statistic yesterday that Diego simeone hasn't lost a CL knockout game (or been knocked out by I can't quite remember), by a team that doesn't have Christiano Ronaldo in it lol. Then you look back over the influence Ronaldo had over those wins and just think damn. Whatever your opinion of the guy he's probably the best CL player ever and damn will I miss him when he retires.  

Agreed. That's something you can't take away from the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

With both Kane and son injured they have nobody who can score a damn goal lmao. 

I'll let this one slide because it's a valid excuse, even if Lucas scored a hat-trick in Amsterdam.

Mourinho could have not defended the entire game, though. It's Leipzig we're talking about

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.givemesport.com/1523501-fans-can-watch-euro-2020-final-from-hotel-room-inside-wembley-with-david-villa

You can bag a stay for the UEFA Euro 2020 final in a room overlooking the match

Outside view of the roomInside view from the roomThe bed in the room

One lucky set of football fans will receive a fantastic prize, courtesy of Booking.com, for the Euro 2020 final at Wembley on July 12, 2020.

Have included the link at the top if you want to enter.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:54 PM, NoCakeForYaya said:

His numbers this year are simply ridiculous and he's fast as **** lol. Always seems to be in the right place. Extremely promising! 

Just reading he's scored more goals in this Champions League this season than Barcelona?

Edited by Jolldan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I'll let this one slide because it's a valid excuse, even if Lucas scored a hat-trick in Amsterdam.

Mourinho could have not defended the entire game, though. It's Leipzig we're talking about

This came across as defending Mourinho which I definitely wasn't lmao, I was just poking fun at how awful Tottenham are. 

Interested to see what they do with the two being injured. Unpopular opinion but Deli is looking like a 1 season wonder lol, he's not offering enough to have a spot in the team for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

This came across as defending Mourinho which I definitely wasn't lmao, I was just poking fun at how awful Tottenham are. 

Interested to see what they do with the two being injured. Unpopular opinion but Deli is looking like a 1 season wonder lol, he's not offering enough to have a spot in the team for me. 

Those second strikers have basically been phased out of the game. If you’re not a fast winger or box to box midfielder you’re kinda screwed. Exactly what I said about Joao Felix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm keeping quiet about CL :(

I have never forgiven Simeone for what he did to us in '98. I'll be extremely miffed if his bunch of time-wasters knock us out of the CL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm keeping quiet about CL :(

I have never forgiven Simeone for what he did to us in '98. I'll be extremely miffed if his bunch of time-wasters knock us out of the CL.

I've had money on Liverpool + Wolves + Ajax (all advancing in Europe) for a while. Y'all better get your **** together

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I've had money on Liverpool + Wolves + Ajax (all advancing in Europe) for a while. Y'all better get your **** together

I think we need to concentrate on the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair play to the Hammers.  Had a proper go.  

There's a part of me that will be oddly relieved when we finally lose a game.  All these records and statistics are irrelevant and I don't want us to start playing for them.  I remember in Arsenal's "Invincibles" season they drew a ton of games in the run in as they were more bothered about finishing the season unbeaten than anything else. When they did eventually lose, they struggled for a bit.  I don't want us to lose the "each game as it comes" mentality.

Our form has definitely dropped a little. Guess it's hard to keep going week in, week out when we're practically over the finish line already.  

Wonder if @stehilton94 is still in the "Klopp Out" camp?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×