NoCakeForYaya

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (tentatively in association with PATSTER))

Bit gutted....but....we've had a heck of a CL run over the past few years.  

And the big one is only 2 wins away.  Now only Corona virus can stop us :(

12 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Bit gutted....but....we've had a heck of a CL run over the past few years.  

And the big one is only 2 wins away.  Now only Corona virus can stop us :(

Aaaannnnd it has

Prem Suspended

11 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

@Bubba_Sparks @Ozpride

How much does it hurt lads?

General view seems to be that the league will finish at some point, so there's no pain at the moment.

If they declare it null and void like all the bitters such as Ferdinand suggest...yeah, that will smart a bit.

2 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

@Bubba_Sparks @Ozpride

How much does it hurt lads?

Yeah the show is going on. I've already advised everyone that this chit will be over with by August.  So the champions will therefor be crowned by August 7th. 

No hurts just yet mate.  Luckily I bought @Bubba_Sparks Some bunting on his behalf to celebrate our victory and definitely not to jinx anything. 

Edited by Ozpride

Was thinking today that if/ when the season resumes, there will be some slightly out of shape lads running around for a bit. I'm sure in this ultra professional era most will keep themselves in shape but it made me think to previous eras. Who do you think would have struggled most with this kind of thing?

I'm going with razor ruddock. At his best he was only a couple of pies short of being a genuine fat lad. Can only imagine what he would have looked like after 3 months of inactivity. 

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Was thinking today that if/ when the season resumes, there will be some slightly out of shape lads running around for a bit. I'm sure in this ultra professional era most will keep themselves in shape but it made me think to previous eras. Who do you think would have struggled most with this kind of thing?

I'm going with razor ruddock. At his best he was only a couple of pies short of being a genuine fat lad. Can only imagine what he would have looked like after 3 months of inactivity. 

Viduka

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That's a good shout. 

He is a genuine fat lad lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ozpride said:

He is a genuine fat lad lol

Great player on his day mind. Still remember him scoring 4 against us for dirty Leeds. 

John Hartson would also emerge from this morbidly obese. 

so ive been trying to get my sports fix lately, and yesterday i was watching a livestream of some noodle armed spaghetti wiggers from some russian can league dry humping each other 3 rounds trying to figure out what to do after a takedown. they werent no GSP so that didnt do it for me.

all they have for hockey is re-runs of older games, and i've already seen my vancouver canucks lose enough games so i already know whats gonna unfold every time i turn on a replay of one of their big games. and then i go on the internet and find a bunch of nascar drivers racing their virtual stock cars online while rage quitting half way through their races and calling each other naggers. i aint even got no pakistani cricket to watch either in this fuct up world. the only thing i've had going for me in the world of sports this month is watching a couple roomba robot vaccuum cleaner curling games on youtube.

im so hurting for sports right now that i come into a european football thread hoping to find some action.  just give me a couple zidane headbutts, some fisticuffs, a bunch of blood and a good old fashioned riot and i'm good.  a football riot is just what the world could use to relieve their stress during a global pandemic. lets fooking do this chit. who gives a chit about kicking a ball around and flopping around the field like a fish just to sell a penalty kick? lets just do football the proper way and punch each other in the face while the crowd throws garbage and tramples each other to death. fook yeah thats what footbal is all about. i'll order that! hell i'll even watch the game wearing some of my 2011 stanley cup riot gear! whatever its gonna take just to see someone get their face punched in

Edited by -idyb-

22 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Luke Shaw was fat before the quarantine

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Eden Hazard is a little fat lad, he will be piling it on. 

• Like 2

alright now i dont even have premiere league football to watch.  

i need my god damn sports fix, and this is getting pretty ridiculous. maybe ill watch some extreme knitting, socially distanced sport fishing, or take my business to the Clash of Clans thread in hopes that playing with my CoC becomes a competitive sport.

i dont watch golf, but even that would be intriguing right now

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

alright now i dont even have premiere league football to watch.  

i need my god damn sports fix, and this is getting pretty ridiculous. maybe ill watch some extreme knitting, socially distanced sport fishing, or take my business to the Clash of Clans thread in hopes that playing with my CoC becomes a competitive sport.

i dont watch golf, but even that would be intriguing right now

I legit thought about recording ping pong matches against my little brother

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

at this point i probably would have ordered the event and maybe even placed a wager on it

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I legit thought about recording ping pong matches against my little brother

Depressing thing is that at this stage I probably would watch lol.

• Like 1

in that case im gonna support can pass by illegally streaming.   what time are the prelims starting at mauro?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I'll charge 9.99 like CanPass

Perfect. I'll get 3 mates round and it will only be two fiddy each. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Alright, then...

finally, a reason to order fight pass. god bless live action sports. ive been waiting months to see something like this.

needs a little more blood though.  and you could have pumped that jab to set up a double.  

no hespect either.  you didnt even touch paddles before the beatdown ensued.  there must be some bad blood between the two of you.   maybe we can run a promo video for the next match to run right before your walkouts.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

finally, a reason to order fight pass. god bless live action sports. ive been waiting months to see something like this.

needs a little more blood though.  and you could have pumped that jab to set up a double.  

no hespect either.  you didnt even touch paddles before the beatdown ensued.  there must be some bad blood between the two of you.   maybe we can run a promo video for the next match to run right before your walkouts.

I'll need someone to add the commentary. Our very own Joe Rogan

• Haha 1

we need a ring announcer and some octagon girls to come out and shake their tits around in between match sets too

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

we need a ring announcer and some octagon girls to come out and shake their tits around in between match sets too

NINTCHDBPICT000558100509.jpg?strip=all&w

Homegirl better come protected

• Like 1

mauro junior needs to stop surrounding himself with yes men and switch training camps.  im expecting him to come on twitter any minute now and make the announcement that his foot was a balloon.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

@MauroPedrosa I actually genuinely laughed my **** off when I saw you'd actually done that video lmao. You legend.

On topic boys, how do you see this affecting transfers this year? Think we will see a dramatic reduction? Think that maybe it might force pricing down a bit? Anybody that you particularly want to see your club/any club sign?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll be honest, I'm a bit gutted.  Been a fan of younger Pedrosa since his jungle fights days.

Good comeback though Mauro.  Could see your older, wiser head bringing greater calmness on the crunch points.

@NoCakeForYaya; the transfer market will be a mess this summer.  Clubs not backed by a rich owner will be extremely cagey about what happens next.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

after replaying the battle and studying the technique, ive came to the conclusion that there is a strong possibility that younger pedrosa was throwing the match.

I'm posting this GIF because it makes me feel better about Ronaldo just being the first to make a billion in career earnings 

Cristiano Ronaldo Boner Fail ! GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Hey boys, this thread better be LIT when the premier league comes back!

@TUF @MauroPedrosa @Bubba_Sparks @Ozpride lets bring this back from the brink!

Who's been catching the Bundesliga? Jadon Sancho is having a GOD mode season lol, 17 goals and 17 assists is chaos. 

He'll be a great fit at Liverpool next year now Werner made the dumbest decision imaginable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

He'll be a great fit at Liverpool next year now Werner made the dumbest decision imaginable!

You didn't sign him for 'financial reasons' so no way in hell you are affording Sancho. 

Werner is a fantastic buy for Chelsea. Will provide some much needed cutting edge and will take defenders away from Abraham so will support him well. 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Who's been catching the Bundesliga? Jadon Sancho is having a GOD mode season lol, 17 goals and 17 assists is chaos. 

I'm enjoying the high scores in the Bundesliga. I reckon the prem will have a few whacky score lines as a bunch of unfit and demotivated players face teams either scrapping for cl places or in a relegation battle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm enjoying the high scores in the Bundesliga. I reckon the prem will have a few whacky score lines as a bunch of unfit and demotivated players face teams either scrapping for cl places or in a relegation battle. 

It's gonna be bonkers, I can't wait!!! 

18 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I was a little sad that Dortmund lost at home to Bayern because it would be nice to see a different champion. I think Leverkusen will take points from Bayern today, though.

The Portuguese league also came back and the top 4 failed to win. Our football is at a sad state with too much corruption and agents messing with the game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I was a little sad that Dortmund lost at home to Bayern because it would be nice to see a different champion. I think Leverkusen will take points from Bayern today, though.

The Portuguese league also came back and the top 4 failed to win. Our football is at a sad state with too much corruption and agents messing with the game

Think i read that Benfica fans attacked their own team bus the other day? Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Think i read that Benfica fans attacked their own team bus the other day? Lol. 

Lol yes. Porto lost on the first day back, and Benfica had a chance to get the first place but tied 0-0 at home against a low to mid table team.

This year it feels the champion will be something like the tallest midget. Same thing is happening in Spain.

The fan and front office culture is just toxic

• Like 1