NoCakeForYaya

NoCake's 2019-2020 Premier League Thread (tentatively in association with PATSTER))

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Fair play to the Hammers.  Had a proper go.  

There's a part of me that will be oddly relieved when we finally lose a game.  All these records and statistics are irrelevant and I don't want us to start playing for them.  I remember in Arsenal's "Invincibles" season they drew a ton of games in the run in as they were more bothered about finishing the season unbeaten than anything else. When they did eventually lose, they struggled for a bit.  I don't want us to lose the "each game as it comes" mentality.

Our form has definitely dropped a little. Guess it's hard to keep going week in, week out when we're practically over the finish line already.  

Wonder if @stehilton94 is still in the "Klopp Out" camp?

In fairness mate, it's impossible to keep the form up really. As long as you keep winning that's all you can really ask for. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Fair play to the Hammers.  Had a proper go.  

There's a part of me that will be oddly relieved when we finally lose a game.  All these records and statistics are irrelevant and I don't want us to start playing for them.  I remember in Arsenal's "Invincibles" season they drew a ton of games in the run in as they were more bothered about finishing the season unbeaten than anything else. When they did eventually lose, they struggled for a bit.  I don't want us to lose the "each game as it comes" mentality.

Our form has definitely dropped a little. Guess it's hard to keep going week in, week out when we're practically over the finish line already.  

Wonder if @stehilton94 is still in the "Klopp Out" camp?

Well and truly a Klopp nut hugger ?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Oh no.

What?

GET THE BUNTING!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

can't win them all lads. 

Could be worse. We could just have been spanked 4-0 at home by our local rivals eh @NoCakeForYaya?

For the rest of the season I'm a Bowen fan not a city fan lmfao. And Bowen scored today so we all good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

10 games to go and Leeds have a 5 pt advantage over 3rd place. Is this the year?

nope.  they'll find a way to lose a play off.  It's what they do

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm a sentimentalist, so I'd happily see Forest and Leeds go up.

As for the Prem; we were always going to lose at some point. I'm glad it wasn't to a rival, and I'm glad it wasn't in a crucial game.  Hope it's the wake-up call we need to finish strong, make sure of that trophy and try and bag another one while we're at it.  Couldn't give a stuff about any of these irrelevant records; i know we would wipe the floor with the "invincibles" every day of the week.

And Gomez can't recover soon enough!

YNWA.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Would be great to see some of the old guard back in the top division. Be great to see the likes of Forest, Blackburn, Wednesday etc..

Happy to see Leeds fail year in, year out! Scum

I don't think of Blackburn as old guard tbh.  They were the original big money club, with no real history.  Would rather see dirty Leeds in.  And Preston North End.

That said, Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn on the last day of the season, but with Blackburn winning the title instead of scum has to be one of the more fun days football in the last 30 years.

Edited by Bubba_Sparks

31 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I don't think of Blackburn as old guard tbh.  They were the original big money club, with no real history.  Would rather see dirty Leeds in.  And Preston North End.

That said, Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn on the last day of the season, but with Blackburn winning the title instead of scum has to be one of the more fun days football in the last 30 years.

Often the case were people claim they were ‘the first big money club’. They really weren’t. The other big clubs spent more. Many of the championship winning squad were average priced players. 
Would love to see Wimbledon back in top flight football. That would be some fairytale ending. 

• Confused 1

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=1993&s_w=s&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

This is good site to clarify my point on Blackburn. Look through the seasons.. Many other teams spent much more and got a lot less success...

Edited by Conceive-Believe-Achieve
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/transfers/wettbewerb/GB1/plus/?saison_id=1993&s_w=s&leihe=1&intern=0&intern=1

This is good site to clarify my point on Blackburn. Look through the seasons.. Many other teams spent much more and got a lot less success...

That proves my point. They were the biggest spenders in the whole league in 92/93. They were the 3rd biggest in 94/95, the year before they won the league. I'm not knocking what king Kenny did, but they were the original club to have a rich owner come in and buy the league. That's what i mean by big money club - obviously other clubs had money but they were generally big clubs with a lot of fans. Blackburn were a tin pot club with a rich backer. They were the first chelski/citeh.

I agree about Wimbledon though That would be cool. 

28 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That proves my point. They were the biggest spenders in the whole league in 92/93. They were the 3rd biggest in 94/95, the year before they won the league. I'm not knocking what king Kenny did, but they were the original club to have a rich owner come in and buy the league. That's what i mean by big money club - obviously other clubs had money but they were generally big clubs with a lot of fans. Blackburn were a tin pot club with a rich backer. They were the first chelski/citeh.

I agree about Wimbledon though That would be cool. 

Doesn’t prove nothing

Spurs

Liverpool

Man city

Utd

They all spent more than Rovers. Spurs went full retard and won Zero

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Doesn’t prove nothing

Spurs

Liverpool

Man city

Utd

They all spent more than Rovers. Spurs went full retard and won Zero

Lol.  Why are you arguing something that every football fan knows to be true?  They broke the British transfer record twice, using Walker's personal wealth, and also refurbished the stadium for £20M straight from his pocket.  When he took over they were just above the relegation zone in Division 2.

Of course other clubs spent money, but in the 3 years before they won the league, they spent more than anyone.  They had a rich owner bought the league....just like Abramovich did at Chelski, and the sheikhs did at Citeh.  Blackburn were the first though.

8 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.  Why are you arguing something that every football fan knows to be true?  They broke the British transfer record twice, using Walker's personal wealth, and also refurbished the stadium for £20M straight from his pocket.  When he took over they were just above the relegation zone in Division 2.

Of course other clubs spent money, but in the 3 years before they won the league, they spent more than anyone.  They had a rich owner bought the league....just like Abramovich did at Chelski, and the sheikhs did at Citeh.  Blackburn were the first though.

Still spent less than Spurs, Utd, Liverpool etc

34 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Do you use voice to text when you post? 

3 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

So what? Those clubs have a large fan-base and high revenues.  I never said Blackburn spent more than anyone else.

They're still the first club to have a rich sugar daddy owner come in and buy the league for them. That's indisputable, so stop disputing it.

Wait..are you a Blackburn fan? Think you mentioned an unspecified North West club.

52 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

So what? Those clubs have a large fan-base and high revenues.  I never said Blackburn spent more than anyone else.

They're still the first club to have a rich sugar daddy owner come in and buy the league for them. That's indisputable, so stop disputing it.

Wait..are you a Blackburn fan? Think you mentioned an unspecified North West club.

So the same can be said for UTD, when they won the league.. 
Regardless of the fan base. Jack walker spent very little. Of course, lots were made of the price for Shearer and Sutton. However, Newcastle/Liverpool spent more on the likes of Darren Pea**** and Phil Babb.. The bulk of the squad were low priced players, who gelled together very well.

3 hours ago, Ozpride said:

Do you use voice to text when you post? 

Mate, I have no idea who you are. Pipe down, you’re boring

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

So the same can be said for UTD, when they won the league.. 
Regardless of the fan base. Jack walker spent very little. Of course, lots were made of the price for Shearer and Sutton. However, Newcastle/Liverpool spent more on the likes of Darren Pea**** and Phil Babb.. The bulk of the squad were low priced players, who gelled together very well.

Lol, that list did make me cringe a bit - whilst Blackburn were assembling the SAS strikeforce, we were assembling the Babb/Scales axis of mediocrity.  The only thing Babb is remembered for is sacrificing his nuts for the cause against Chelsea.

Blackburn spent well, and King Kenny got them playing really well together, and I have no problem with them winning the league - it delayed United's wait for another year or two, which was nice.  All that said...no Jack Walker, no title. It's as simple as that.

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, that list did make me cringe a bit - whilst Blackburn were assembling the SAS strikeforce, we were assembling the Babb/Scales axis of mediocrity.  The only thing Babb is remembered for is sacrificing his nuts for the cause against Chelsea.

Blackburn spent well, and King Kenny got them playing really well together, and I have no problem with them winning the league - it delayed United's wait for another year or two, which was nice.  All that said...no Jack Walker, no title. It's as simple as that.

Yes, that may well be true

But that can be said for every title winning team.. 

Just to remind folk, that 94-95 wasn’t a 1 season wonder. Blackburn built and progressed in the right way. People seem to forget about the 2 seasons previous and were they finished.

Julian ****s, Razor Ruddock and Nigel Clough. Just shy of 8m.. That was huge money back in those days.. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Yes, that may well be true

But that can be said for every title winning team.. 

Just to remind folk, that 94-95 wasn’t a 1 season wonder. Blackburn built and progressed in the right way. People seem to forget about the 2 seasons previous and were they finished.

Julian ****s, Razor Ruddock and Nigel Clough. Just shy of 8m.. That was huge money back in those days.. 

Lol, the funniest thing about this conversation is that you keep using players who's name is blocked by the swear filter.

Yeah, we bought terribly under Evans (?) and Souness.  Blackburn bought well. I have no axe to grind.  My original point was simply that I don't see them as one of the long-standing top flight clubs, in the same way I see Leeds/Forest.  The sentimentalist in me would basically like to re-assemble division 1 of the mid to late 80s.

31 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

My original point was simply that I don't see them as one of the long-standing top flight clubs, in the same way I see Leeds/Forest.

Blackburn's Premier league record outshines both Forrest and Leeds 

Yes, I understand you are talking about 'history'.. Even Blackburn's history was as 'successful' as the other 'big' teams.  

i just got word from Neymar.  He's still rolling.

Meanwhile this is what they are teaching kids in practice

GIF-Neymar-kids-dive.gif?strip=all&quali

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Mourinho is already at ''3rd season Mourinho' stage and it's only been a few months. This is ****ing great lol. 

Silly appointment in the first place. Have zero symphony for Levi and Club.. Jose is deadwood unless he already has a squad and allow him plenty of cash

• Like 2

lol, what a gift that second goal was for Utd.  Order the bunting already, @Bubba_Sparks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, crangs said:

lol, what a gift that second goal was for Utd.  Order the bunting already, @Bubba_Sparks

Ederson was definitely United's MOTM lmao. What an overrated idiot. He was at fault for the first goal as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, crangs said:

Lol, NEVER. Oz suckered me into getting complacent and we lost 3 out of 4.

One game at a time. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

United is looking legit promising

They're decent against the big teams because they're good on the counter.  It's those home defeats to Burnley that they've got in their locker that will undermine them for years to come. They remind me of us under Evans. 

10 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, NEVER. Oz suckered me into getting complacent and we lost 3 out of 4.

One game at a time. 

Get the bunting you filthy Swedish meatball

It’s hilarious seeing people praise Ole, cause he got a double against City.. Do people actually City give a fukk anymore. It’s Champions league or bust now.

UTD will win Zero with Ole and struggle to qualify for the Champions League year in and year out

You don’t get sacked from Cardiff for nothing.. I loves it

• Like 1

Image result for Ezzeldin Bahader

An Egyptian bidding to become the oldest professional footballer ever scored on his debut - at the age of 75.

Ezzeldin Bahader needs to play two full games to qualify as an entry in the Guinness World Records book.

He started in impressive fashion, playing a full 90 minutes despite injury on Saturday for the October 6 team in the third tier of Egyptian football.

The father of four and grandfather of six scored from the penalty spot, whereupon he was mobbed by team-mates, as October 6 drew 1-1 with rivals Genius.

"I became the oldest professional footballer scoring a goal in an official game," he said afterwards.

"This is something that was achieved in the last minute of the game that I thought I wouldn't achieve. I was injured and all what I hoped for was to continue for the full 90 minutes and play the next game."

After the match, the youthful-looking Bahader posed for pictures with members of the opposition.

He must now play another full 90 minutes in a second game, which is due to take place on 21 March, to be officially recognised as the world's oldest footballer by Guinness World Records.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

An Egyptian bidding to become the oldest professional footballer ever scored on his debut - at the age of 75.

Ezzeldin Bahader needs to play two full games to qualify as an entry in the Guinness World Records book.

He started in impressive fashion, playing a full 90 minutes despite injury on Saturday for the October 6 team in the third tier of Egyptian football.

The father of four and grandfather of six scored from the penalty spot, whereupon he was mobbed by team-mates, as October 6 drew 1-1 with rivals Genius.

"I became the oldest professional footballer scoring a goal in an official game," he said afterwards.

"This is something that was achieved in the last minute of the game that I thought I wouldn't achieve. I was injured and all what I hoped for was to continue for the full 90 minutes and play the next game."

After the match, the youthful-looking Bahader posed for pictures with members of the opposition.

He must now play another full 90 minutes in a second game, which is due to take place on 21 March, to be officially recognised as the world's oldest footballer by Guinness World Records.

To think in the early 90's... Your career was flat lined the moment you hit 32..... Madness

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jolldan said:

That is legit amazing

13 hours ago, amunera said:

Bye Llourinho.

Lol.

I was back in the UK when they appointed him, and the media love in had already started.....they were talking about him winning the CL, maybe one domestic cup, and finishing top 4.

0/3 ain't bad, although of course NONE of it is his fault!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.

I was back in the UK when they appointed him, and the media love in had already started.....they were talking about him winning the CL, maybe one domestic cup, and finishing top 4.

Been consistently betting against Mourinho's Spurs and haven't been disappointed.

That home loss to Wolves was delicious. Already have money on Utd or Draw

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol.

Nussin' is his fault! I'm absolutely ****ing LOVING him and Tottenham. 'tew cans' has never worked better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Atletico progress only because we have that Spanish Can in goals instead of the GOAT Allison. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ozpride said:

I think Atletico progress only because we have that Spanish Can in goals instead of the GOAT Allison. 

Fml

• Sad 1