Sign in to follow this  
BART-O-LINI

2019 NFL season ???

Enough teams have apparently popped up over the last few months that they are starting an nfl league next year in Scotland ? honestly not sure if I can think of anything more tragic.

22 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Eagles are bigtime cheaters lol

The Packers have no excuse. They've gotta pull that out. Too many missed opportunities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

seriously Saints....how is this happening

The Bears just beat somebody up with a backup too. 

Bridgewater is not a massive step down from Brees. They'll still make the playoffs.

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

The Bears just beat somebody up with a backup too. 

Bridgewater is not a massive step down from Brees. They'll still make the playoffs.

Bears may be better with someone who can manage and at least throw a decent ball. Still think there is a big trust issue with Nagy/Mitch, evidence by last week against Washington with 1:50 left, no Washington time outs and Nagy electing to kick a FG with a guy that has nerve damage and can barely walk. 

Bridgewater doesn't have to be anything spectacular, that defense last night was great. Though I thought that sack at the end of the game was going to possibly cost them. He keeps finding Kamara, Thomas and Cook to extend drives....Saints very well could be 5-1 with Brees on the sidelines set up for success.

Which could be scary because Brees looked old last year at the end. Taking a nice 7 weeks off in the middle of season could make them the team to beat in the NFC. 

Edited by Bohemoglu13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

That game made my booty hole pucker

The rams chit the bed there.

• Like 1

Eagles Linebacker Zach Brown says that Kirk Cousins is the weakest part of the Vikings team before their game on Sunday.

Cousins throws 333 yards and 4 TDs against them. 

Zach Brown won't talk to the media about Cousins after the game.

Zach Brown was just released by the Eagles. 

Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pjbear05 said:

Way to go, zebras, really chit the bed during Lions v Packers.  Shades of Tim Donaghy?

That was bad, the NFL needs to figure it out because every week the refs screw a team. 

what happened this time???

They called two hands to the face penalties vs the Lions D-Lineman where the guy didn't have his hands in his face. It was at the edge of his pads. 

They called unecessary roughness on the Lions when a defensive guy and Wide receiver collided while going after a football. He was going for the interception which he has a right to do but the WR got hurt. 

They called too many men on the field on the Lions on 4th down because they had 12 men in the huddle which led to a Rodgers TD. Later the Packers had 13 players in the huddle and they let them call a timeout instead of calling a penalty. Same scenario, different rules. 

There was also a pass interference scenario that went against the Lions but I didn't see that one. Apparently it was really bad. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

They called two hands to the face penalties vs the Lions D-Lineman where the guy didn't have his hands in his face. It was at the edge of his pads. 

They called unecessary roughness on the Lions when a defensive guy and Wide receiver collided while going after a football. He was going for the interception which he has a right to do but the WR got hurt. 

They called too many men on the field on the Lions on 4th down because they had 12 men in the huddle which led to a Rodgers TD. Later the Packers had 13 players in the huddle and they let them call a timeout instead of calling a penalty. Same scenario, different rules. 

There was also a pass interference scenario that went against the Lions but I didn't see that one. Apparently it was really bad. 

good grief...something needs to change big time...revamp the entire Ref recruiting/training/schedule system

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

good grief...something needs to change big time...revamp the entire Ref recruiting/training/schedule system

Think it's getting harder to recruit really good refs in most of these high profile sports these days.  You gotta be perfect and if you ain't you better have a thick skin cos it's gonna be hard to avoid the eventual chitstorm

24 minutes ago, crangs said:

Think it's getting harder to recruit really good refs in most of these high profile sports these days.  You gotta be perfect and if you ain't you better have a thick skin cos it's gonna be hard to avoid the eventual chitstorm

i guess robots/cams is inevitable

• Like 2

I think they need to go to full-time refs. Let the teams have two challenges where you can review any penalty you want. Only being able to review certain things is dumb. Get rid of this point of emphasis BS, refs are taught to call it as they see it. When you anticipate a call, you are more likely to get it wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

The one hand to the face, from all the Twitter posting, looked to be 'technically' a penalty, but a super light one at that. the other one, it was a lot of acting from the Packer lineman tilting back it seemed. I guess good for him on the acting job? 

The biggest problem I had with the game was Booger. He sounded like he had bet the house on the Lions and was awful to listen to. If I recall correctly, the PI non-call was a wheel route and DB timed it not so good and hit the Lion WR in the chest before the got there and then hit the ball out of his hands on the recoil. I'd say he hindered his chance to catch it to be honest. But the more you put replays in slow motion, everything looks like a penalty.

However, I am totally with you, these refs are atrocious this year. Across the board. I don't understand the point in allowing reviews when coaches are something like 1-33 on PI reviews. It is like they are refusing to admit they made a bad call and it's a big waste of time. And to the Lions, at the end of the day, you can't kick 5 FGs and keep the other team lurking around. That is what separates Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, few others...they march their teams down for TDs, not FGs. The refs contributed sure...but they have themselves to look in the mirror on why they lost that game. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

The one hand to the face, from all the Twitter posting, looked to be 'technically' a penalty, but a super light one at that. the other one, it was a lot of acting from the Packer lineman tilting back it seemed. I guess good for him on the acting job? 

The biggest problem I had with the game was Booger. He sounded like he had bet the house on the Lions and was awful to listen to. If I recall correctly, the PI non-call was a wheel route and DB timed it not so good and hit the Lion WR in the chest before the got there and then hit the ball out of his hands on the recoil. I'd say he hindered his chance to catch it to be honest. But the more you put replays in slow motion, everything looks like a penalty.

However, I am totally with you, these refs are atrocious this year. Across the board. I don't understand the point in allowing reviews when coaches are something like 1-33 on PI reviews. It is like they are refusing to admit they made a bad call and it's a big waste of time. And to the Lions, at the end of the day, you can't kick 5 FGs and keep the other team lurking around. That is what separates Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, few others...they march their teams down for TDs, not FGs. The refs contributed sure...but they have themselves to look in the mirror on why they lost that game. 

I think they needed to take more chances but if they went for 1 and failed then we would be saying that they should've taken the easy points in Lambeau. 

The 2nd hand to the face call is what gave the Packers the game at the end. The Lions defense did their job and stopped them but the penalty gave GB the first down so they could run out the clock and kick a field goals. Refs make mistakes but 1 is understandable, 4 or 5 is hard to overcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I just picked up the saints defense so of course their best player gets hurt. 

defense should have a good 2 weeks tho against the Bears and Cardinals...not much offensive firepower on those 2 teams right now

• Like 1

defense should have a good 2 weeks tho against the Bears and Cardinals...not much offensive firepower on those 2 teams right now

That was my thought. It's just nice having a guy like Kamara to run and keep the other team off of the field. Latavius is still a good backup to fill in if needed. 

• Like 1

Bears will get a much needed win this week, thanks to luck, No Kamara and of course no Brees. Teddy won't win on the road nor should the Saints win this game. Looks like Mitch will play, so that opens up he shot for Saints to win lol,  Bears D will rebound with a good performance after being manhandled by the Raiders, even without Hicks Bears should win. 

Take the Bears -3 1/2

#Beardown

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigdw35/Ufcfan_1 said:

Bears will get a much needed win this week, thanks to luck, No Kamara and of course no Brees. Teddy won't win on the road nor should the Saints win this game. Looks like Mitch will play, so that opens up he shot for Saints to win lol,  Bears D will rebound with a good performance after being manhandled by the Raiders, even without Hicks Bears should win. 

Take the Bears -3 1/2

#Beardown

Teddy went into Seattle and won on the road. 

• Like 1

lol poor Mayfield looking like a cucked boyfriend as OBJ gave Brady that goat haired shoe last night. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Halfway through the season already. Crazy, look so forward to football and it seems to fly by.

I'd have to think the top 3 teams are...

1) Patriots
2) Saints
3) 49ers

After these 3 teams, you have a traffic jam of Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Seahawks, Rams. Followed up Cowboys and Eagles depending which of those teams show up? The AFC is a bunch of teams that don't really know what they are yet. 

• Like 2

I agree with those 3.  49er's look really good, Pats D is good, and they know how to scheme to beat anyone,  Saints D maybe the best. 

Packers right outside the top 3. Playing out of their minds. 

Then,

Viqueens, Chiefs, the Boys,  Seahawks, Rams, eagles. 

Houston is a good team, Colts are playing above their heads, 

• Like 1

Yea I don't know what to think of the Packers. We'll see. They have a tough stretch of away games coming up. I would hope any team with talent would have a good record after 5 home games in the first 7 games of the season. They're a tough team to gauge. But hard to count Rodgers out of it when he is rolling. 

Houston and Indy are two teams that can beat anyone on any given day I think, but then also look to struggle with Oakland, but also beat the Chiefs ? Lol. 

In one fantasy league I need 10 points from James Conner.

In my other league I need 5 points from Mason Rudolph. He immediately comes out and throws a pick. ?

11 hours ago, juice64011 said:

In one fantasy league I need 10 points from James Conner.

In my other league I need 5 points from Mason Rudolph. He immediately comes out and throws a pick. ?

Congrats on 2 victories 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

Congrats on 2 victories 

Thanks. Rudolph scares me. Luckily just using him for a week. Looks like Conner separated his shoulder so he could be out awhile.