Sign in to follow this  
OzPride

CliMaTe CRisiS

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

I remember being a child in the 80's and people were talking about aerosols and the Ozone layer. 

Looking at the sporadic weather conditions now. I believe that was a serious case, we all ignored. Summer was Summer and Winter was Winter.. Not anymore.. It's madness

LOL.. you stopped having seasons in whatever third world chithole you hail from?

2 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

I remember being a child in the 80's and people were talking about aerosols and the Ozone layer. 

Looking at the sporadic weather conditions now. I believe that was a serious case, we all ignored. Summer was Summer and Winter was Winter.. Not anymore.. It's madness

That's not actually happening.  Do you know why you are noticing this?  It's similar to why "the years go faster" as you get older.  You have a much broader range to compare with. Back when "winter was just winter" you were a kid.  Kids don't GAF or have any clue if winter is cold fronts with a few warmer days,  if it rains/snows more often one week than the next or if it's hotter "than usual" because there is no usual for them.  It's just what it is.  Now later in life, it's "gee it's much warmer this year than it used to be" is you're creating a narrative of something  you gave zero ****s about at the time you're talking about.  

When you look at the numbers, the range itself doesn't change a whole lot.  

Probably didn't put that as clearly as I would have liked but you get the Idea 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

That's not actually happening.  Do you know why you are noticing this?  It's similar to why "the years go faster" as you get older.  You have a much broader range to compare with. Back when "winter was just winter" you were a kid.  Kids don't GAF or have any clue if winter is cold fronts with a few warmer days,  if it rains/snows more often one week than the next or if it's hotter "than usual" because there is no usual for them.  It's just what it is.  Now later in life, it's "gee it's much warmer this year than it used to be" is you're creating a narrative of something  you gave zero ****s about at the time you're talking about.  

I can see your angle and it's a good point

I'll still keep my view though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

The bias you speak of is indeed a thing. We also live in an age of sensationalist headlines, and 'since records began' makes people think we're breaking new ground when it really means that's a ~ 100 year old thing. There's also a whole plethora of various 'records' that can be broken so it can feel like new ground is being broken all the time. 

But like some have said, climate change has been going on for a long time. Sweden had a Mediterranean climate 1000 years ago (now people are scraping ice off their car in September). i still maintain that depletion of finite resources and poor habitat conservation are much bigger and more demonstrably manageable issues. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The bias you speak of is indeed a thing. We also live in an age of sensationalist headlines, and 'since records began' makes people think we're breaking new ground when it really means that's a ~ 100 year old thing. There's also a whole plethora of various 'records' that can be broken so it can feel like new ground is being broken all the time. 

But like some have said, climate change has been going on for a long time. Sweden had a Mediterranean climate 1000 years ago (now people are scraping ice off their car in September). i still maintain that depletion of finite resources and poor habitat conservation are much bigger and more demonstrably manageable issues. 

Agreed 100% m8

Like when we mine all the lithium for all the electric cars / phones / panels for example?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Agreed 100% m8

Like when we mine all the lithium for all the electric cars / phones / panels for example?  

Lol. Exactly!!

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

So basically you agree  with my views thanks ??

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

So basically you agree  with my views thanks ??

Well as I've been here longer than you it's more that you agree with my views but close enough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Oz gonna get aborted retroactively making threads like this after Australia legalized it today. 

8 hours ago, TUF said:

Oz gonna get aborted retroactively making threads like this after Australia legalized it today. 

Lol only in one state m8

• Like 1

Peter McCormack (@PeterMcCormack) twitteó a las 1:04 p. m. on dom., sep 29, 2019:
I think Greta Thunberg is cool as ****:
- Passionate
- Brave
- Confident

She may be misguided, but she’s 16. I was a complete moron at her age.

I think the criticism from adults should be directed to those using her as a pawn.
(https://twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/status/1178370009816584199?s=09)

??

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

Peter McCormack (@PeterMcCormack) twitteó a las 1:04 p. m. on dom., sep 29, 2019:
I think Greta Thunberg is cool as ****:
- Passionate
- Brave
- Confident

She may be misguided, but she’s 16. I was a complete moron at her age.

I think the criticism from adults should be directed to those using her as a pawn.
(https://twitter.com/PeterMcCormack/status/1178370009816584199?s=09)

??

Actually agree to an extent though. 

• Like 1

Easy to be passionate when you have Aspergers and George Soros paying for your life.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Easy to be passionate when you have Aspergers and George Soros paying for your life.

lol @ trying to discredit her because she has some form of retardation and has a billionaire backer......Like it or not she will go places with this gimmick she has.

Also if we are discrediting based on people having forms of retardation then 99% of this board is full of B.S....

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol @ trying to discredit her because she has some form of retardation and has a billionaire backer......Like it or not she will go places with this gimmick she has.

Also if we are discrediting based on people having forms of retardation then 99% of this board is full of B.S....

Holy chit this is vert. 

FB_IMG_1569607290700.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 10/1/2019 at 2:22 AM, VertFTW said:

The guy who's obsessed with saving coins every time he lives his chithole home is pointing out others retardation.  

PotKettleFTW

Edited by OzStraya

On 9/30/2019 at 9:52 AM, VertFTW said:

well said.

This girl is going to visit the Standing Rock tribe in ND to support them. She should ask them how many hundreds of thousands/millions of dollars the Sioux make off of the oil industry per year.

They own land with oil wells

They own gas stations

They profit by forcing oil related companies to buy annual vehicle permits for driving on their land. This alone is well into the 6 figures for just 1 company. 

• Haha 1

Anyone have any encounters with stink rebellion this week?  @Yesterdays_Hero melb looked like they were annoying.  I got caught on a street in Adelaide where they'd planned to do the nutbush dance in the middle of the road.  I was in one of our unmarked work trucks so I drove right up to them, they didnt budge,  so I lent out and threw a coffee I hadn't finished this morning,  hadn't started actually lol in this kunts face. I thought I caught it on my dash Cam but he was just out of view. He actually yelled CALL THE POLICE HE SCOLDED ME as me and about 8 cars drove through laughing lolol 

Hoping someone got footage. If it turns up I'll post it here 

• Haha 1