Sign in to follow this  
MoZZez

NHL 2019/2020

ive got my crying towel on hand and all ready for another year of bitter heartbreak and disappointment, but if my canucks can somehow manage to make the playoffs, i'll be sure to watch every potential elimination game with my riot gear on.

i dont usually support violence but hockey is serious business

Edited by -idyb-

51 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

Don Cherry just got fired. hockey night in canada will never be the same.

PC culture is running amok. 

Sportsnet will take a hit in their numbers.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

That man has never, or will ever get laid

I think what we all want to know: Where is the Gritty tattoo?
It’s on its way. I had a baby two months ago, so Gritty is on hold for a little bit.

Related image

im not reading a god damn thing in this thread yet. i pvred the game and im about to watch it now. got my crying towel ready, and im down for another year of canucks  disappointment

8 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Wild

mi-bc-110615-canucks-car-burning.jpg

who are the sharks playing in their opening playoff series this year?

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

who are the sharks playing in their opening playoff series this year?

None of the California teams are playing, they were too worried about the virus.

10 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

None of the California teams are playing, they were too worried about the virus.

the way they played all season, its like they already knew the rona was coming since back in october!

sorry aboot your sharks m8, but u can always come over to my side and cheer on the canucks.

Edited by -idyb-

On 8/6/2020 at 8:27 PM, classicboxer said:

Toronto in the 2nd and 3rd period, and overtime:

melting ice melting,cube,ice,an GIF

lol  tew soon m8.  they came back from being down 3-0 against columbus with 2 minutes left, to tie the game, send it to overtime, and win.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

also, montreal, the 24th ranked team, celebrated sidney crosby's birthday yesterday by eliminating pittsburgh out of the playoffs.

Edited by -idyb-

Game is about to start against colorado. Being perfectly honest, I think Colorado is a sleeping beast - I fully expect Colorado to win, but luckily it is only deciding the #1 and #2 seeds in the west lol.

I have been wrong a lot in these series though, I expected....

Isles, Preds, Penguins, Oilers, Leafs, Canucks, and Jets. - 4 of those teams lost the series lol. Leafs still could though they have the momentum after that crazy comeback last night. 

9 minutes ago, thestorm-1 said:

Game is about to start against colorado. Being perfectly honest, I think Colorado is a sleeping beast - I fully expect Colorado to win, but luckily it is only deciding the #1 and #2 seeds in the west lol.

I have been wrong a lot in these series though, I expected....

Isles, Preds, Penguins, Oilers, Leafs, Canucks, and Jets. - 4 of those teams lost the series lol. Leafs still could though they have the momentum after that crazy comeback last night. 

it hurt last night seeing the Oilers lose last night.

But you cannot ever sleep on Toews, and Crawford standing on his head.

Go Nucks I guess now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Pens out 😪😪😪

i always seem to find myself rooting for the pens in the playoffs cause by the time the first round is over, theres usually never any canadian teams left

1 hour ago, MoZZez said:

it hurt last night seeing the Oilers lose last night.

But you cannot ever sleep on Toews, and Crawford standing on his head.

Go Nucks I guess now.

one of my coworkers is from edmonton and is still a huge oilers fan.     they got bounced out of their own bubble! i'm never gonna let him live that one up.  they better not win the draft

but damn, who would have thought when they drafted taylor hall that his first playoff series win in edmonton would be when he's playing for arizona against nashville?

im kinda bummed my nucks didnt lose the qualifying series. we would have had a great chance to win the 1st overall draft pick.   reguardless, we made the playoffs so  because of the jt miller trade now we have to give this years pick to new jersey after tampa traded it to them. it would have probably been better to tank in the qualifiers and give them next years pick because with all the covid restrictions,. its gonna be alot harder to scout for prospects, and im sure there will be lots of junior teams not even playing.   

i doubt were gonna win the cup this year, so yeah we should have tanked for lafrieniere!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i always seem to find myself rooting for the pens in the playoffs cause by the time the first round is over, theres usually never any canadian teams left

one of my coworkers is from edmonton and is still a huge oilers fan.     they got bounced out of their own bubble! i'm never gonna let him live that one up.  they better not win the draft

but damn, who would have thought when they drafted taylor hall that his first playoff series win in edmonton would be when he's playing for arizona against nashville?

im kinda bummed my nucks didnt lose the qualifying series. we would have had a great chance to win the 1st overall draft pick.   reguardless, we made the playoffs so  because of the jt miller trade now we have to give this years pick to new jersey after tampa traded it to them. it would have probably been better to tank in the qualifiers and give them next years pick because with all the covid restrictions,. its gonna be alot harder to scout for prospects, and im sure there will be lots of junior teams not even playing.   

i doubt were gonna win the cup this year, so yeah we should have tanked for lafrieniere!

I hope Edmonton wins the first overall. Watch everyone cry again.

Then they can trade it for some defense or a goalie.

Kosk will be better in time, but we need more behind the blue line to give the offence time to win.

The Pens losing technically breaks their playoff streak, right?

Didn't they have a streak of like 15 straight years or something like that. 

11 hours ago, thestorm-1 said:

The Pens losing technically breaks their playoff streak, right?

Didn't they have a streak of like 15 straight years or something like that. 

at least by losing their series to montreal, because of the conditional trade with minnesota, the pens wont have to give up their 1st round draft pick to minnesota against their own will. they still have a shot at the lafreniere sweepstakes.   minnesota also has a good chance of winning too after getting bounced by vancouver.

Edited by -idyb-

well the stars managed to find a way and come back and beat st louis today.   so that means canucks vs the blues for the 1st round. yeah, we're probably getting put out in the first round unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat against the defending stanley cup champions

im ready for another year of canucks disappointment.  we should have tanked for lafreniere.  its too late now.

Edited by -idyb-

So the Pens, Oilers and Toronto are 3 of 5 up for the first round pick 🤣

Think they all deserve a 1st round pick,its been so long for each of them to find a superstar or two....

5 hours ago, -idyb- said:

lmfao toronto and edmonton got bounced out of their own bubbles

Nucks and habs and probably the flames will be bounced shortly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Nucks and habs and probably the flames will be bounced shortly.

calgary shoul;d have a free ride to the 2nd round. that should have been us!

whatever.   it will be a matt serra esque upset if we can beat st louis.   but to be the champs, you gotta beat the champs!

i still think this might be a close series. but im thinking blues in  6.    at least it oughtta be a learning experience for them though.    we really need toffoli back and healthy again

This is what the first 15 picks in the draft will look like.

ROUND 1 ORDER
1. New York Rangers
2. Los Angeles Kings
3. Ottawa Senators (via San Jose)
4. Detroit Red Wings
5. Ottawa Senators
6. Anaheim Ducks
7. New Jersey Devils
8. Buffalo Sabres
========================
9. Minnesota Wild
10. Winnipeg Jets
11. Nashville Predators
12. Florida Panthers
13. Carolina Hurricanes (via Toronto)
14. Edmonton Oilers
15. Pittsburgh Penguins (Or Minnesota Wild)

columbus and tampa are in the 3rd overtime and all hell is breaking loose!

last year tampa won the presidents trophy, and got swept out of the playoffs in the first round by columbus. anything can happen

tampa won half way through the 5th overtime. god damn thats nuts

the longest game ive ever seen was a canucks playoffs overtime game against the stars where we won in 4th overtime.  it was damn near 3 in the morning when it ended.

3 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Canucks fan posing in front of San Jose arena?

**** the Canucks, and **** IDYB too!

lol calgary was supposed to have an easy series against dallas. instead they found themselves behind 3 games to 2

the flames were up 3-0 half way through the 1st.    then they shat the bed.   half way through the 3rd period, dallas leads 7-3. and they just won, thats the way the score stands, and calgary is eliminated

dallas is no pushover, but this wasnt supposed to happen.   hell, my canucks have last years stanley cup champions hanging on by a thread. that shouldnt be happening either.  i dont expect vancouver to win it all this year, but theyve got a pretty decent team this year and if they can put st louis out of it, then thats a hell of an accomplishment and its still a good season in my books.    i just hope we dont go back to our old ways and find a way to choke when we've pretty much got this series in the bag

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

lol calgary was supposed to have an easy series against dallas. instead they found themselves behind 3 games to 2

the flames were up 3-0 half way through the 1st.    then they shat the bed.   half way through the 3rd period, dallas leads 7-3. and they just won, thats the way the score stands, and calgary is eliminated

dallas is no pushover, but this wasnt supposed to happen.   hell, my canucks have last years stanley cup champions hanging on by a thread. that shouldnt be happening either.  i dont expect vancouver to win it all this year, but theyve got a pretty decent team this year and if they can put st louis out of it, then thats a hell of an accomplishment and its still a good season in my books.    i just hope we dont go back to our old ways and find a way to choke when we've pretty much got this series in the bag

Dallas Stars Sign Joe Pavelski | Pro Hockey RumorsJoe Pavelski of the Dallas Stars before a preseason game against ...

big joe is the only shark worthy of wearing the C homie

Edited by -idyb-

little joe playing for dallas just feels wrong.   but hell, i wish we had jamie benn instead of jordie benn

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, -idyb- said:

Dallas was the series betting favorite at -118. They were also the closest odds of any first round match up. 

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Dallas was the series betting favorite at -118. They were also the closest odds of any first round match up. 

oh come on now.  any educated hockey fan knows that calgary was meant to win that one

we'd have alot better odds of beating dallas than we do st louis.  i would have preferrred it if we played the stars first round