Sign in to follow this  
OzPride

Official NBA 19/20 Thread

15 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Would love to see Houston vs Miami in the finals.

Basically any matchup would be fire. These playoffs are amazing, with no true overwhelming favorite like the Golden State Warriors of past years

Nah **** James Harden. OKC deserved that series.  Miami looking the goods though 

hell yeah, toronto getting it done

i drink, i smoke, i womanize. i raptorize

GO RAPTORS!

• Like 1

Wow at the start of this season I wanted the Clippers to win it all and now I can't stand them. Think it was because they knocked out my default favourite west team Dallas out when if Zinger didn't get injured they'd be facing the nuggets now. Strange game this

Really comes down to who I dislike most.  

Lakers (LeBron bugs me but have been a long time fan of AD) 

vs Rockets (love seeing Harden lose and am major butthurt how game 7 vs OKC went) 

Rooting for : Lakers

Clips (clips did me dirty in playing dirty and targeting Luka's ankle,  then race baiting after, they can get ****ed)

vs Nuggets (best big in the league vs one of the best rookies,  some good b-players and vets. Would be a great story for them to make finals) 

Rooting for Nuggets 

Boston (Have a Kemba jersey from Charlotte now he seems like an arrogant prick lol) 

vs Raptors (underdogs even though defending champs.  If they can make it after Kuwhai left it would be epic)

Rooting for Raptors

Miami (undefeated until game 5 and the ultimate underdog story,  plus Butler playing like he actually wants fans,  with an excellent developing b-cast)

Vs Buck's (serves them right for trying to build a team of maybes around the MVP instead of getting another legit star)  

Rooting for Miami 

But then this happens... 

Lakers vs Nuggets (hopefully)

Miami vs Raptors (hopefully) 

**** Flopbron he's only there because of AD and AD sold his soul. **** Butler show us your one big game then choke/whingefest the rest of the series 

Lord knows what will happen to my brain if the Nuggets and Raptors get through 😂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

The league wants Lakers vs Clippers, no way the Nuggets get through.

If the compensation is getting a genuine future MVP level superstar out of it in Jamal Murray, who has a much longer career ahead than anyone on either teams starting 5 I think they can accept it

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OzPride said:

If the compensation is getting a genuine future MVP level superstar out of it in Jamal Murray, who has a much longer career ahead than anyone on either teams starting 5 I think they can accept it

The season has been a big money loser so far, they need the LA viewer money.

My reaction when scrandies say Lebron breaking the record for most playoff wins at 162 last night makes him the GOAT now. 

Michael Jordan Laughing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2020 at 12:50 AM, classicboxer said:

The season has been a big money loser so far, they need the LA viewer money.

what they really need is a toronto game 7 win tomorrow.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

its a sad day for idyb :(:(:(

1. You don't even like basketball

2. You should be a Memphis Grizzlies fan.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

1. You don't even like basketball

2. You should be a Memphis Grizzlies fan.

may be true. but ive went to a vancouver grizzlies game.  where they actually won. i think they only won like 7 or 8 games that year!  pretty sure it was golden state that we pink socked. it was quite a ways back. i think 1998

i actually got to meet bryant reeves and shareef abdur rahim that day and got my picture taken with them that day and got to chill right upfront the court during their warmup..  i have no idea if they were good basketball players or anything, but they played for the grizzlies so they probably sucked.  they also had some dude on the team named sam mack. i remember him landing a sick 3 pointer in the game.   no idea who he is either, or pretty much anybody else on the team.  the canucks were on the road that week so i caught some basketball and went to science world instead

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

may be true. but ive went to a vancouver grizzlies game.  where they actually won. i think they only won like 7 or 8 games that year!  pretty sure it was golden state that we pink socked. it was quite a ways back. i think 1998

i actually got to meet bryant reeves and shareef abdur rahim that day and got my picture taken with them that day and got to chill right upfront the court during their warmup..  i have no idea if they were good basketball players or anything, but they played for the grizzlies so they probably sucked.  they also had some dude on the team named sam mack. i remember him landing a sick 3 pointer in the game.   no idea who he is either, or pretty much anybody else on the team.  the canucks were on the road that week so i caught some basketball and went to science world instead

Shareef Abdur Rahim played for UC Berkeley in college, and Bryant Reeves was nicknamed "Big Country". I remember the names, but I think Rahim was average, and Big Country was a bust! I think Sam Mack played for the Warriors for a little while!

yeah i have no idea who any of them are. those are just the 3 guys i remember. but it was such a long time ago. and i remember the big country nickname too.

im just honoured to be able to say that i once attended a vancouver grizzlies home game where they actually won.   because for years all i know is that they were like the laughing stock of the league and they'd only be able to win maybe a handful of games every season.  it was the only nba game ive ever been to. it was kinda cool. they gave us these cans with a penny inside that we'd shake to make noise, but my penny flew out of the slot in the lid and flew off into god knows where so after that id just start shaking an empty can around lol

Edited by -idyb-

Nugg life baby.  

Jamal Murray just took Paul George and Kawhi Leonard home in his pocket.  What an absolute G

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OzPride said:

Nugg life baby.  

Jamal Murray just took Paul George and Kawhi Leonard home in his pocket.  What an absolute G

I'm shocked. I thought Kawhi would cure the Clipper's habit of choking.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, OzPride said:

LOL

FB_IMG_1600247824007.jpg

The memes/tweets of people going in on the Clips right now after going up 3-1 and talking so much trash, is hilarious. They mortgaged their whole future with those 5 first round picks for George, only for him to ghost this series and brick one off the side of the backboard 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TUF said:

The memes/tweets of people going in on the Clips right now after going up 3-1 and talking so much trash, is hilarious. They mortgaged their whole future with those 5 first round picks for George, only for him to ghost this series and brick one off the side of the backboard 🤣

😂  I don't have time to see them all,  feel free to dump as many as possible here! Honestly I thought it would take til his second season for them to really gel.. And they only got out of the last round once Zinger got injured.  

Oh whoops I've got this one lol

FB_IMG_1600241254207.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, OzPride said:

😂  I don't have time to see them all,  feel free to dump as many as possible here! Honestly I thought it would take til his second season for them to really gel.. And they only got out of the last round once Zinger got injured.  

Oh whoops I've got this one lol

FB_IMG_1600241254207.jpg

lol

Clippers fans are surprisingly ride or die and just reading about how much the 2 fan bases hate each other. Theres different forums on reddit, one for Clippers fans and after all the chit they talked on the NBA forum, I cant stop laughing that they all ran back to the Clippers forum and locked it so no outsiders could post in it 🤣

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TUF said:

lol

Clippers fans are surprisingly ride or die and just reading about how much the 2 fan bases hate each other. Theres different forums on reddit, one for Clippers fans and after all the chit they talked on the NBA forum, I cant stop laughing that they all ran back to the Clippers forum and locked it so no outsiders could post in it 🤣

Yeah I know, when I was in LA in '14 I went to Clippers vs Houston in the playoffs and Clips fans diehard.  I liked them last year and most of this season but I felt they did the Mavs dirty targeting Luka and KP the way they did to force injuries etc.  Mavs might have beaten Denver too.  Luka vs Jamal and KP vs Joker is a dream playoffs match-up 

• Like 2

LeBron got so mad about his 16 MVP votes that he went out and let AD show why he didn't even deserve the nomination 😂 

• Haha 2

god bless the National Baseball Association

Playoff season is abound. GO BLUE JAYS!

Edited by -idyb-

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

Finals Game 1 viewership down 45% from last year. 

Didn't watch!

I stopped keeping up, but have they made it the whole season without a Covid case in the NBA? I heard they were using specially made Chinese tests, and I thought "That'll be perfect for the success of your 'bubble'.. Well done."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Finals Game 1 viewership down 45% from last year. 

Didn't help that 3 of the heat starters were injured and two were from deliberate snake moves. LeBron the smug **** acting like this is all about him being the GOAT when AD is easily the best guy on their team 

my blue jays are out.  screw the NBA

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, Taylor_Schonerstedt said:

How bout that Jimmy Butler!?

Dude is a monster. If Bam and Dragic weren't injured they'd be 3-0 and Jimmy would already have finals MVP locked up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2020 at 7:52 AM, classicboxer said:

Oakland Athletics A's 1993-Present Logo - Sticker

screw baseball, and screw basketball. its now all about the National Billiards Association

The NBA is dead. Lebron is in the finals against his old team and viewership is down 60% from last years finals. Imagine the hype if Jordan took the Wizards to the finals against the Bulls. 

I did enjoy that foglet getting the no call on the flop attempt last night though

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TUF said:

The NBA is dead. Lebron is in the finals against his old team and viewership is down 60% from last years finals. Imagine the hype if Jordan took the Wizards to the finals against the Bulls. 

I did enjoy that foglet getting the no call on the flop attempt last night though

I think they are learning that the NFL is king in the US and there is such a thing as too political. 

The Eagles vs Niners who are both decimated by injuries crushed them with triple the amount of viewers at their highest point. 

In the end they are an entertainment business and the constant banners, jerseys, people talking about BLM etc is just annoying and takes away from the game. 

The NFL allows players to express themselves and there are more segments about blm on the pregame shows but largely during the game its about football. 

Let's see what these athletes think when their next contracts are way smaller. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I think they are learning that the NFL is king in the US and there is such a thing as too political. 

The Eagles vs Niners who are both decimated by injuries crushed them with triple the amount of viewers at their highest point. 

In the end they are an entertainment business and the constant banners, jerseys, people talking about BLM etc is just annoying and takes away from the game. 

The NFL allows players to express themselves and there are more segments about blm on the pregame shows but largely during the game its about football. 

I turn it on. I see Black Lives Matter on the back of the jersey.... I turn it off.

It took me a few tries to remember they had turned their obnoxious up to 9000, but now I got it. Haven't bothered since the first week or so.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I turn it on. I see Black Lives Matter on the back of the jersey.... I turn it off.

It took me a few tries to remember they had turned their obnoxious up to 9000, but now I got it. Haven't bothered since the first week or so.

The hypocrisy from LIBron wanting to be a lib until it comes to other countries and chitting on the liberals in China was a 1-2 punch to the fans. The NBA will be on ESPN the Ocho in 5 years. 

58 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I think we learned NFL was king long ago but one, people are tired of seeing LBJ in the finals every year and June is a much better time slot for them when they're only competition is early season meaningless MLB games. 

• Like 2

I just want to wish my American cousins good luck in this year's superbowl world series. 

I'm rooting for you guys. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Congrats to the Lakers and LeBron

"Lebrodney Dangerfield" is probably the most notable thing to come out of these finals...

https://streamable.com/l5h26n

I can't believe the lack of hype surrounding this series. 

3 hours ago, TUF said:

"Lebrodney Dangerfield" is probably the most notable thing to come out of these finals...

Baseball, basketball, and even football all have the feeling of exhibitions to me. Even the Raiders beating the Chiefs yesterday didn't feel like an important game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TUF said:

There's no hype because two of the heat starters got targeted and injured in game 1 and ruined the series, and we're over Lebrons politics and loading teams with stars to win rings and then think he has a legitimate shot at MJ's GOAT status

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OzPride said:

There's no hype because two of the heat starters got targeted and injured in game 1 and ruined the series, and we're over Lebrons politics and loading teams with stars to win rings and then think he has a legitimate shot at MJ's GOAT status

I think i read game 1 was the lowest ratings game in NBA finals history so i dont think it was the injuries. Just LeBLM and the politics. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TUF said:

I think i read game 1 was the lowest ratings game in NBA finals history so i dont think it was the injuries. Just LeBLM and the politics. 

Oh yeah that killed the viewers.. I meant more about the series as a whole. LeBron getting AD pissed a lot of fans off. There's nothing wrong with a smart trade, its part of the game. But for the majority of the season AD led that team and without him they wouldn't have made playoffs. I read somewhere that the NBA is giving in and will no longer put political slogans on the court or on players jerseys and stick to the game.. about fooking time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jason Whitlock: “It’s going to be hard to call yourself the GOAT if your legacy is ‘I diminished the league and made it less popular.’ That certainly wasn’t Michael Jordan’s legacy, it wasn’t Bill Russell’s legacy, and it wasn’t Magic Johnson and Larry Bird’s legacy. My thoughts on LeBron go much bigger than just the NBA. His impact is on all of professional sports because so many of these players look to him as the leader. There’s been so much bull-spit spewed in the mainstream sports media on all the debate shows about ‘player empowerment’ and how it’s such a great thing for the league. It’s just not true… LeBron is taking these guys on a path to hell… Whoever the 15, 16, 17, or 18-year-old athletes are, those are the guys who are going to be damaged by this. They’re not going to make nearly as much money coming into the NBA, and will be coming into a league that is certainly not as popular domestically as it has been, and that’s on LeBron James"

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

The NBA will be huge again next year.

war national bowling association!

Edited by -idyb-