Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

French Has Been Ranked The Best Nationality In The World

French Has Been Voted The Best Nationality In The World

(Well this is sure to be divisive lol)

Delicious pastries, good wines and some of the most romantic destinations on the planet. It’s perhaps unsurprising French has been ranked as the best nationality on Earth for the eighth year in a row. 

According to the Kälin and Kochenov’s Quality of Nationality Index (QNI), which ranks nationalities in terms of a number of factors, L’hexagone is still topping the world’s top 10 nationalities, followed closely by Germany, the Netherlands and Denmark. These factors include the external value of a nationality, as well its influence in offering opportunities to those outside their country of origin.

Other areas assessed included welfare, education, healthcare and life chances, as well as global travel and settlement.

France

According to the QNI, France has this year scored an impressive 83.5% out of a possible 100%. Germany and the Netherlands followed in joint second place, both scoring a very close 82.8%. It’s believed France was able to jump marginally ahead on account of their greater settlement freedom.

Positions five to ten were given – in order – to Iceland (81.4%), Finland (81.2%), Italy (80.7%), the UK (80.3%), Ireland (80.2%), and Spain (80.0%).

The US didn’t fare too well, rolling in at 25th place, with a significantly lower score of 70%. The country’s lower standing compared with EU countries is largely attributed to low settlement freedom.

France

Despite being currently ranked as the eighth-best nationality worldwide, Britain’s very respectable position may well be under threat following a potential hard Brexit, which could lead to Brits dropping to 56th globally.

EU countries usually perform highly on the QNI, on account of the liberal degree of settlement freedom allowed between member states. However, if Britain ends up exiting the EU without a deal in place, the nationality’s quality would be greatly diminished in the eyes of this index.

According to the research, compiled by Professor Dr. Dimitry Kochenov and Dr. Christian H Kaelin, this devaluation would potentially have an ‘irrevocable’ effect.

Professor Kochenov has explained:

The UK may be about to establish a world record in terms of profoundly undermining the quality of its nationality without going through any violent conflict.

Depending on the still-to-be determined outcome of Brexit, the UK could see itself falling from the elite group of ‘very high quality’ nationalities into the ‘high quality’ bracket.

A truly ‘hard’ Brexit would result in the UK having a nationality that does not grant Britons settlement or work rights in any of the EU jurisdictions or Switzerland, Norway, and Iceland: a collection of the most highly developed places on earth, greatly diminishing the quality of its own nationality in an irrevocable manner: either you have such rights, or not – and in such a scenario UK citizens won’t have them.

France

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

I doubt this will be divisive. Pretty sure that we can all agree the French are a bunch of garlic-eating surrender monkeys who are best in the world at absolutely nothing apart from making croissants.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I doubt this will be divisive. Pretty sure that we can all agree the French are a bunch of garlic-eating surrender monkeys who are best in the world at absolutely nothing apart from making croissants.

I dunno I am partial to a chocolate éclair as well ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Image result for didn't expect that reaction gif

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I concur & as you know i have French/German ancestry but we got the hell out there because of turmoil & religious persecution but mainly because we sensed an opportunity to live free & prosper independent of any crown. We got booted from Nova Scotia because the British thieves whom we would not pledge loyalty to another damn crown so we left again then came down here to the AmeriGOAT lands in the swamps where none of these a-holes wanted to follow & befriended Indians which were another group of like minded people that just wanted to be left alone to live off the land without getting involved with all these a-holes politics & war. 

So i guess maybe us French are surrender monkeys at heart or at least partial to being neutral & trusting no one since even us Cajuns fled twice but mainly we are fierce and to the death about one thing.

We don't want trouble we just wanna be free with the independence to pursue letting the good times roll with great food, family & passing a good time drinking the spirits, dancing, playing music & banging all the pretty women that would have us. That & quite a few of us are god fearing. That's what our culture is about. We're a peaceful people but if you leave us no other choice it's to the death as fierce as Mongol blood....or maybe that's my German blood that wants to conquer some $hit. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VertFTW said:

Worst has to be this:

1. China

2. India

3. Argentina

4. ALL africa

5. Australia

It's quite cowardly slagging off Australia without having the courtesy to tag @Lord_Costas_number_one_fan, @SavageTC or @crangs.

And it's even more cowardly to slag off Asian nations without tagging @Teemu.  Front kick to the face incoming.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The Aussies are a GOAT hardy people. I definitely would not have them in my top 5 worst even if they are all drunken degenerate gambling criminals. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

The Aussies are a GOAT hardy people. I definitely would not have them in my top 5 worst even if they are all drunken degenerate gambling criminals. 

reminds me of one of the goat threads on this board

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Worst has to be this:

1. China

2. India

3. Argentina

4. ALL africa

5. Australia

**** please. You're going to Argentina long before you step foot in Africa. Stop that.

• Like 1

Including Australia on that list is total BS, considering you're living in fukn Mexico.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

reminds me of one of the goat threads on this board

Browsing that link & recalling the whole HWNDU event which was amazing to watch. Good times. 

he-will-not-divide-us-he-will-nut-inside

gWf8cDM.png

he-will-not-divide-us-he-will-not-divide

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Browsing that link & recalling the whole HWNDU event which was amazing to watch. Good times. 

he-will-not-divide-us-he-will-nut-inside

gWf8cDM.png

he-will-not-divide-us-he-will-not-divide

That whole event was ruined for me by @AndyWang's refusal to get involved for his fora buddies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That whole event was ruined for me by @AndyWang's refusal to get involved for his fora buddies. 

My brother lives in Manhattan & when i told him about it he watched some of it and said he'd go when he got the chance. 

He's really into acting & performance art so his idea was to recreate this scene lol. Would have been epic but the museum shut the event down b4 he got a chance to go. 

Edited by StompGrind

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

**** please. You're going to Argentina long before you step foot in Africa. Stop that.

Argentinians are dirty rotten lying cheating nazis. Dont see how you can say their nationality is good in any way.

everyone knows Brazil should've been number one

especially after that slapper of a card they just had

BRAZIL NÚMERO 1 CAMPEÃ PENTA

CAMPEÃO DO MUNDO

Image result for brazil soccer team

Edited by brunofr418
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Argentinians are dirty rotten lying cheating nazis. Dont see how you can say their nationality is good in any way.

I don't have any opinion on their nationality. And there were Nazis spread across a good portion of South America after the war. Brazil, Peru, etc.

The point stands. You'd fly your **** to Argentina happily before you hung out anywhere in Africa.

9 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

its not just then croissants. they also indirectly played a part in producing the greatest athlete that the combat sports world will ever have the honour of paying homage to

image.png.ee6b5addf9ea3bf6578c67a489dbe139.png

but ill surrender to a fresh croissant over tea and crumpets every day of the week.  it will go well together with my maple syrup infused poutine. with a little bit of garlic on it in respect to those garlic eating surrender artists.

Edited by -idyb-