Sign in to follow this  
Megasoup

Classic Boxer's 2020 Fitness and Training Goals

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

What are you going to do with it?

Swing it around and look like an idiot. Probably dislocate my shoulder, and really screw up my elbow up.

What weight would you suggest?

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Just going to try and do the basic exercises like swings, squats, Turkish getups not too good with all the names, was thinking it would be good for doing at home. 

I'd start with a 16kg and nail your technique on all that stuff. That's quite light for some of those exercises but you can slow them all down or do modifications. 

Turkish get ups are a bit gimmicky imo btw...this is probably the best yt tutorial around though. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 10:03 AM, Jolldan said:

How heavy a kettle bell do you reckon I get to start off with? Not something I have really done before so want something challenging but still doable. 

I only use a 20 LB. one but i just do a lot of reps along with other stuff like calisthenics, bands, physio ball & dumbbells in a circuit routine. Only exercises i do with kettles is swings and get-ups. I don't like the other exercises. I do it for muscular endurance and i like that it's easy to do, it's full body since it's a compound movement with the inertia it feels like it frees you up a bit instead of more isolated kinds of exercises. 

I don't like ballistic sort of stuff with heavy weights though so it's better to go a lot lighter. I think it's bad for your joints especially if you're a little older, not super duper strong & or your form isn't perfect. 

If i was gonna do more ballistic stuff i'd recommend pool exercises or a medicine ball because gravity is lessened and it's not pulling/shearing force on your joints. 

I definitely would recommend going much lighter till you get the hang of it & always making sure you're properly warmed up and cutting your reps short to rest when you start reaching fatigue and your form starts to suck a bit. Kettle bells are excellent for all around dynamic strength & full body coordination but i wouldn't play with fire trying to go full savage. 

• Like 1

About Turkish get-ups maybe they are a little gimmickish being that it's sort of a unique movement but i find them pretty good for learning how to stabilize the weight with your shoulder alignment but even more so they're excellent for keeping your spine in alignment as you get up and promoting core strength to get up. 

The mechanics of the movement are very similar to what we in the jitz community call a "technical stand-up" & if you do it correctly i think it's a very effective exercise for learning how to stay in alignment & stabilize your shoulder and spine as one unit in ways that few other exercises can.  Maybe it doesn't translate super well to every day natural all around functional movements like squats or dead lifts but i do think it can help with focus and concentrate on stabilizers that you're not that aware you use as often as you do. 

That said stabilizers in particular weaker muscle groups tend to be a weak link & that particular movement it's a difficult unconventional enough movement that i wouldn't push it with heavier weight nor do it when you're reaching fatigue unless you wanna jack your shoulder or risk hernia lol. 

So in conclusion i think they're decent as more like a supplemental something different than standard but i wouldn't classify them as pec deck fly or ab machine useless lol. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:04 AM, Megasoup said:

Bubba Sparks - Choose a lift; barbell squat, deadlift or bench press.  I want you to beat your personal best in one of these lifts.  I know you're a runner, which is why I chose this goal for you.  Also, I want you to beat a personal best in one of your shorter distance races, whichever one you choose.

As per my response, I'm going for all three.  For deadlifts, I decided to try and beat my 2RM because there are just too many ways to deadlift with shoddy form just to get the weight up.  This week I did a new 2RM PR of ~ 290lb (please remember I'm an old, skinny ultramarathoner before anyone sneers).  Also did a 1RM bench press PR today; had been stuck at 155 and improved to 165.

So about what @Eclipse76 bicep curls, but hey.  A PR is a PR.  Will try and nail the squat soon.  I like this new format Soup, good stuff.

• Like 2

Got up @ 4 am Jocko style, got all my work done, hit the track for threef miles that nearly killed me lol & parked my truck perfectly so i didn't even have to use my AK.  

Finna hit the shower, cook, eat & get caught up on stuff i need to do around the house & maybe listen to a podcast. 

Today was a good day & helluva way to start my week.  

Edited by StompGrind

Broke the 20 mins for 5k last Sunday.

19:54 :)

No progress on the pullups, other than having spent a couple of hours googling which bar to buy :D

• Like 3

On 1/23/2020 at 3:44 PM, StompGrind said:

I only use a 20 LB. one but i just do a lot of reps along with other stuff like calisthenics, bands, physio ball & dumbbells in a circuit routine. Only exercises i do with kettles is swings and get-ups. I don't like the other exercises. I do it for muscular endurance and i like that it's easy to do, it's full body since it's a compound movement with the inertia it feels like it frees you up a bit instead of more isolated kinds of exercises. 

I don't like ballistic sort of stuff with heavy weights though so it's better to go a lot lighter. I think it's bad for your joints especially if you're a little older, not super duper strong & or your form isn't perfect. 

If i was gonna do more ballistic stuff i'd recommend pool exercises or a medicine ball because gravity is lessened and it's not pulling/shearing force on your joints. 

I definitely would recommend going much lighter till you get the hang of it & always making sure you're properly warmed up and cutting your reps short to rest when you start reaching fatigue and your form starts to suck a bit. Kettle bells are excellent for all around dynamic strength & full body coordination but i wouldn't play with fire trying to go full savage. 

@Megasoup

Can we get your take on kettle bells?

• Haha 1

Hafthor Bjornsson, aka The Mountain, Just Won the Arnold Strongman Classic 2020

• Like 1

I"m coming back, and I'll be as good as I ever was.  In some ways maybe not as good (maybe,) but in other ways I'll be better than ever.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Welcome back, champ 

Thanx 🤣

How did u know i'm back though? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

How's the table tennis going mate?

I've been wasting a lot of brain cells on Call of Duty Warzone. I need to get back to footy and table tennis

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I've been wasting a lot of brain cells on Call of Duty Warzone. I need to get back to footy and table tennis

The Boys in the footy thread need another vid mate. 

Will keep us going until premier league comes back. 

• Haha 1

Starting to get a little sore now. Been running again regularly doing some boxing & lifting again. Hit the track hard today so i'm finna take tomorrow off & maybe have a light day after that b4 i burn out or pull something. Feeling pretty good though because i haven't been doing much since April & b4 that i had pretty much stopped working out regularly. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

Just finishing an 11 week "strength specificity" phase of training.  I'm following @Megasoup's challenge, and have nailed a bench press PR, a strict press PR and a Back squat PR this week.

Tomorrow I'll try and nail a front squat and Deadlift PR.  It's been fun doing this, but the training is very repetitive tbh.  Will do a 4 week block of more power endurance kind of stuff before going on vacation, plus start running a lot more.  Did a nice 21 miler last week.  Sweden has gone from absolutely sucking to being really nice for running.  low 70s, light until almost midnight, and the trails are dry as a bone.  The lakes are also warm enough to swim in so I'm doing a fair bit of that at the moment.  Fun times.

• Like 2

I have come a long way in healing.  I can't believe it.  

I was given a lot of hope in the Emergency Room, and I believed it.  But in the days which followed, I started to realize just how bad things were.  I wondered to myself if the doctor who patched me up just didn't have the nerve to tell me truth, or maybe he thought that the truth was too much for me; like I wasn't ready for it.

I had my first appointment after 10 days I think.  Everything was just awful leading up to that.  I couldn't move without pain, awful pain.  Being motionless was barely better.  Sleeping was very hard.   I saw the x-rays and it gave me a glimmer of hope.  The hole appeared to have completely filled up with fluid, which was becoming cartilage, which would become bone.

Something happened a few days later.  Chloe hurt me.   She was going through my phone, and saw that I had texted a girl...a year before.  I'm old(ish,) I don't erase squat.  And honestly, it wasn't anything I thought I needed to erase.  It was the girl who used to live upstairs.  She used to get weed for me, do me little favors.  If I left my clothes in the dryer for a moment too long (I set a timer on my phone, but I've made mistakes) she would fold my clothes. The problem was that she was really hot..really hot.  She was also a couple years younger than Chloe.   I always thought of her as a cute, little kid.  It was innocent.

Chloe has always been a hitter.  Things got really bad in the end.   

She beat the hell out of me the day after Valentines Day.  It really phukked my wrist up, and the nerves and the fingers.  I felt like I had come along, but after she hurt me, I was in worse pain than ever.   My injury was worse after then than the night I was shot.  And then I was all alone.  

I had to do everything for myself.  I would wash dishes with one hand (you should try that some time.  It's hopeless, it takes forever and the dishes never really get clean,) my bad hand hanging down by my side, every second hurt.  Bathing was so hard to do.  Everything was so hard.  Everything hurt.  I thought I would never get better. 

The follow-up visit showed an x-ray which shocked my physician.  I didn't tell him what happened.  He thought I wasn't taking care of myself, it almost seemed like he was mad at me.  It also seemed like I was a lot cause to him.  He sees lost causes every day.  

I was shot in January, and I couldn't do a goddamn thing in March.  I wasn't any better in April.  I thought about killing myself.   Seriously.  I was middle-aged, uneducated, no one wanted me, I couldn't tend bar or really do anything that would require the use of both hands.  I still had all the other problems in my life which have always haunted me.  I couldn't even use fingernail clippers with my left hand to trim my nails on my right hand.   I couldn't even walk, because any movement hurt me, and I was worried that even the slightest shift would restart the clock on my healing. 

I thought about suicide; I weighed the pros and cons, and it didn't look good.  I put it off because I knew that it was a bad idea; that things could turn around.

Somewhere in there, Chloe came back in my life, but it wasn't for the better.  I won't speak her name again.  She's gone now.

Then things changed.  I got a little feeling back in my fingers.  I started to be able to move them.  I could almost make a fist, depending on the time of day.  I was able to bend my wrist a tiny, tiny bit.  It hurt, but I could do it.  I could pronate it a little, too.  That REALLY hurt, so I mostly avoided it.  This was the opening of May.

Every day got a little better.  I even dared to exercise a little.  I began doing barbell squats.  I moved much since January.  I got a 3 pound weight and started to do things with my left hand.  It hurt, but what I pulled up from the internet gave me some promise.  I got noticeably better every, single day.  

I went to what became my final visit to the Orthopedic Surgeon in the second week of May, just around the time I started seeing some promise.  The x-rays looked good.  Really good.  Not perfect, but good. 

Now, I'm stronger every workout.  I'm lifting more with my left than nearly every man could.  I'm squeezing a respectable sized Captains of Crush, not quite what I'm doing with my right hand, but it's a grip that is stronger than the average man.  I know because I've tested the general population at bars I've worked at the least 3 years with my grippers.  I've already been to the gym a couple times, and I will wreck white belts of any size or race (I don't actually know that, because of the Covid precautions, we aren't allowed to switch partners, but the couple partners I had were huge guys , larger than me, and they likely use the word "finna" from time to time, if you know what I mean.).

Truthfully, aside from the actual bone itself which might take another year to completely harden, my left is nearly as strong as it has ever been.  If I was to take a full accounting of my all-around fitness, I'm in nearly as good shape as I have ever been.   Ever.  

I haven't been running.  I tried that a few times earlier on and the vibration cause my hand to go numb until the next day.  I'm sure I'm okay, but I just haven't gotten myself in the habit, yet.  Oddly, I ride my bicycle a lot, which requires me to grip onto the handle bars, which is likely more stress on my wrist, but it hasn't bothered me.  I ride about 15 miles a night.  

And I've been studying Web Design.  I'm finishing up an online bootcamp right now.  I'm still not a computer guy, but I know what I know.  I can do what I've learned, not much else.   I feel only confidence about my future.  I haven't applied anywhere yet, I want to finish this bootcamp and I'm not 100% confident in my abilities, but I have taken a few a few solo projects, but some websites which look terrific.  I've made some money.   This is real.

I thought it was all over for me.  My ability to move around and do things, my ability to defend myself...these things are very, very important to me.  Those qualities are the backbone of who I am, those are the only things I could honestly say that I do well.  I thought I lost it forever.

I don't think there's anyone here on this forum who could kick my **** today, and I am talking about the big guys.  Believe that. That sort of thing used to mean more to me than anything else in the world.  It still means a lot to me.  A lot.  But for the first time in a long time, I have other things going on for me.   I haven't been active a lot lately, and I always get my names sorted...but I feel I'm becoming my own version of that badazz motherfeckin' P.A.; not just a killer, but someone who makes money.  I've never made money.

There is a sadness which comes with the absence of someone who has been by my side for the last 5 years.  That is a feeling that is killing me, but it is also a feeling that I know will eventually go away.  Everything else is looking up.   I'm going to have more than I have ever dreamed.  My life is going to be better than I ever before pictured. 

Fitness and Training Goals of 2020?  Yeah, I'm hitting them.

*Side note.  Screw these limp-****ed motherfeckers who troll, I don't care about them.  I think a fight between the P.A. and me would be the best thing that ever happened to this forum.  You're crazy if you don't agree with that.  I don't have an issue with that guy, this is respect.  We should set that up.   I bet we could make money, but I have no problem doing it for free.  He's a monster, he says he used to wrestle, and after what I've been through this year, to compete with that guy would be something I would really like to do.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Megasoup said:

I was given a lot of hope in the Emergency Room, and I believed it.  But in the days which followed, I started to realize just how bad things were.  I wondered to myself if the doctor who patched me up just didn't have the nerve to tell me truth, or maybe he thought that the truth was too much for me; like I wasn't ready for it.

I had my first appointment after 10 days I think.  Everything was just awful leading up to that.  I couldn't move without pain, awful pain.  Being motionless was barely better.  Sleeping was very hard.   I saw the x-rays and it gave me a glimmer of hope.  The hole appeared to have completely filled up with fluid, which was becoming cartilage, which would become bone.

Something happened a few days later.  Chloe hurt me.   She was going through my phone, and saw that I had texted a girl...a year before.  I'm old(ish,) I don't erase squat.  And honestly, it wasn't anything I thought I needed to erase.  It was the girl who used to live upstairs.  She used to get weed for me, do me little favors.  If I left my clothes in the dryer for a moment too long (I set a timer on my phone, but I've made mistakes) she would fold my clothes. The problem was that she was really hot..really hot.  She was also a couple years younger than Chloe.   I always thought of her as a cute, little kid.  It was innocent.

She beat the hell out of me the day after Valentines Day.  It really phukked my wrist up, and the nerves and the fingers.  I felt like I had come along, but after she hurt me, I was in worse pain than ever.   My injury was worse after then than the night I was shot.  And then I was all alone.  

I had to do everything for myself.  I would wash dishes with one hand (you should try that some time.  It's hopeless, it takes forever and the dishes never really get clean,) my bad hand hanging down by my side, every second hurt.  Bathing was so hard to do.  Everything was so hard.  Everything hurt.  I thought I would never get better. 

The follow-up visit showed an x-ray which shocked my physician.  I didn't tell him what happened.  He thought I wasn't taking care of myself, it almost seemed like he was mad at me.  It also seemed like I was a lot cause to him.  He sees lost causes every day.  

I was shot in January, and I couldn't do a goddamn thing in March.  I wasn't any better in April.  I thought about killing myself.   Seriously.  I was middle-aged, uneducated, no one wanted me, I couldn't tend bar or really do anything that would require the use of both hands.  I still had all the other problems in my life which have always haunted me.  I couldn't even use fingernail clippers with my left hand to trim my nails on my right hand.   I couldn't even walk, because any movement hurt me, and I was worried that even the slightest shift would restart the clock on my healing. 

I thought about suicide; I weighed the pros and cons, and it didn't look good.  I put it off because I knew that it was a bad idea; that things could turn around.

Somewhere in there, Chloe came back in my life, but it wasn't for the better.  I won't speak her name again.  She's gone now.

Then things changed.  I got a little feeling back in my fingers.  I started to be able to move them.  I could almost make a fist, depending on the time of day.  I was able to bend my wrist a tiny, tiny bit.  It hurt, but I could do it.  I could pronate it a little, too.  That REALLY hurt, so I mostly avoided it.  This was the opening of May.

Every day got a little better.  I even dared to exercise a little.  I began doing barbell squats.  I moved much since January.  I got a 3 pound weight and started to do things with my left hand.  It hurt, but what I pulled up from the internet gave me some promise.  I got noticeably better every, single day.  

I went to what became my final visit to the Orthopedic Surgeon in the second week of May, just around the time I started seeing some promise.  The x-rays looked good.  Really good.  Not perfect, but good. 

Now, I'm stronger every workout.  I'm lifting more with my left than nearly every man could.  I'm squeezing a respectable sized Captains of Crush, not quite what I'm doing with my right hand, but it's a grip that is stronger than the average man.  I know because I've tested the general population at bars I've worked at the least 3 years with my grippers.  I've already been to the gym a couple times, and I will wreck white belts of any size or race (I don't actually know that, because of the Covid precautions, we aren't allowed to switch partners, but the couple partners I had were huge guys , larger than me, and they likely use the word "finna" from time to time, if you know what I mean.).

Truthfully, aside from the actual bone itself which might take another year to completely harden, my left is nearly as strong as it has ever been.  If I was to take a full accounting of my all-around fitness, I'm in nearly as good shape as I have ever been.   Ever.  

I haven't been running.  I tried that a few times earlier on and the vibration cause my hand to go numb until the next day.  I'm sure I'm okay, but I just haven't gotten myself in the habit, yet.  Oddly, I ride my bicycle a lot, which requires me to grip onto the handle bars, which is likely more stress on my wrist, but it hasn't bothered me.  I ride about 15 miles a night.  

And I've been studying Web Design.  I'm finishing up an online bootcamp right now.  I'm still not a computer guy, but I know what I know.  I can do what I've learned, not much else.   I feel only confidence about my future.  I haven't applied anywhere yet, I want to finish this bootcamp and I'm not 100% confident in my abilities, but I have taken a few a few solo projects, but some websites which look terrific.  I've made some money.   This is real.

I thought it was all over for me.  My ability to move around and do things, my ability to defend myself...these things are very, very important to me.  Those qualities are the backbone of who I am, those are the only things I could honestly say that I do well.  I thought I lost it forever.

I don't think there's anyone here on this forum who could kick my **** today, and I am talking about the big guys.  Believe that. That sort of thing used to mean more to me than anything else in the world.  It still means a lot to me.  A lot.  But for the first time in a long time, I have other things going on for me.   I haven't been active a lot lately, and I always get my names sorted...but I feel I'm becoming my own version of that badazz motherfeckin' P.A.; not just a killer, but someone who makes money.  I've never made money.

There is a sadness which comes with the absence of someone who has been by my side for the last 5 years.  That is a feeling that is killing me, but it is also a feeling that I know will eventually go away.  Everything else is looking up.   I'm going to have more than I have ever dreamed.  My life is going to be better than I ever before pictured. 

*Side note.  Screw these limp-****ed motherfeckers who troll, I don't care about them.  I think a fight between the P.A. and me would be the best thing that ever happened to this forum.  You're crazy if you don't agree with that.  I don't have an issue with that guy, this is respect.  We should set that up.   I bet we could make money, but I have no problem doing it for free.  He's a monster, he says he used to wrestle, and after what I've been through this year, to compete with that guy would be something I would really like to do.  

Here is the condensed version.

Soup Got beat up by a girl. Pretty badly.

Soup is still an unemployed bum.

Soup is single because he is a beta to an Alpha girl

Soup likes young girls

Soup has superman grip, he tested it at a bar

Soup is lifting 3 pound weights and feels good

Soup thinks he can finally beat the white belts at a gym

Soup thinks he will wreck Roids.

But he can still beat everyone.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, MoZZez said:

Here is the condensed version.

Soup Got beat up by a girl. Pretty badly.

Soup is still an unemployed bum.

Soup is single because he is a beta to an Alpha girl

Soup likes young girls

Soup has superman grip, he tested it at a bar

Soup is lifting 3 pound weights and feels good

Soup thinks he can finally beat the white belts at a gym

Soup thinks he will wreck Roids.

But he can still beat everyone.

I only read the last paragraph & lol'ed. Thanx that saved me some time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I only read the last paragraph & lol'ed. Thanx that saved me some time. 

Try to scan for the word Chloe and read about him catching the hands.

It sounds like I'm feeding Roids a cupcake here, but the PPV will sell so **** it, if he dies, he dies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

Try to scan for the word Chloe and read about him catching the hands.

It sounds like I'm feeding Roids a cupcake here, but the PPV will sell so **** it, if he dies, he dies.

One left high kick and dat wrist is shattered glass. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

As long as I have @cashfl0w and @MoZZez in my corner im game. 

You should just go full Mike Perry and have your side piece in your corner. If he's getting beat up by his broad, it would almost be shameful to offer up advice between rounds.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

As long as I have @cashfl0w and @MoZZez in my corner im game. 

Sounds like Chloe can, you would want her in your corner  take him out pretty easily.  Cash and myself would be useless to you as we would be laughing so hard at some chick beating up SuperSoup and his megagrip.

• Haha 1

We need an under card for us MW's!!!

This is pretty much my main southpaw game right here...

Bit of Thompson footsy & Cro Cop to keep you honest. 

giphy.gif

Movement+riddem to read/establish timing fool distance & draw them into Left Cross from a knock on the front door come in the side door angle outside their power side cutting in closing fast right down the middle with the left cross straight into a Power Dbl Leg to the mat

giphy.gif

Control on the ground. Lull a bit with body shots in close till i can get inside control to sudden standing tripod posture & unleash SAVAGE hands & hellbows that make Jon & khabib envious.

giphy.gif

All bravado aside i turned 41 this yr and if i had an MMA fight right now while i'm still somewhat fast/explosive & still have some decent skills i probably got like 4-5 solid minutes of tricks, traps & fury then i'm running on fumes in survive mode lol

• Like 1

firstly, I'm glad you're on the mend, soup. 

Secondly, I tipped the scales at 184 lb this week, so I'm ready to take @StompGrind on the undercard. I'm confident I can run away for long enough for him to get tired, or bored, so I'll probably avoid the finish and settle for a 30-24 Quarry/Starnes defeat instead. 

Thirdly... my missus has completely dropped me in it, and somehow I'm running a mountain marathon with almost 7000 feet of elevation gain next Saturday. She'd entered it, but training was going terribly and I'm a tight northerner so I said I'd run it for her. For comparison purposes, the legendary 'hilly' Boston marathon has 700 feet of elevation gain. 

To add to the fun, it seems to have rained solidly for 3 weeks and everything around here is a bloody quagmire. Winning time last year was over 4 hours, so this is a bloody tough course to do on one week's notice, especially as I've barely run 10 miles a week this summer. 

Ah well. How hard can it be??

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

firstly, I'm glad you're on the mend, soup. 

Secondly, I tipped the scales at 184 lb this week, so I'm ready to take @StompGrind on the undercard. I'm confident I can run away for long enough for him to get tired, or bored, so I'll probably avoid the finish and settle for a 30-24 Quarry/Starnes defeat instead. 

Thirdly... my missus has completely dropped me in it, and somehow I'm running a mountain marathon with almost 7000 feet of elevation gain next Saturday. She'd entered it, but training was going terribly and I'm a tight northerner so I said I'd run it for her. For comparison purposes, the legendary 'hilly' Boston marathon has 700 feet of elevation gain. 

To add to the fun, it seems to have rained solidly for 3 weeks and everything around here is a bloody quagmire. Winning time last year was over 4 hours, so this is a bloody tough course to do on one week's notice, especially as I've barely run 10 miles a week this summer. 

Ah well. How hard can it be??

I'm in the low 190's lbs currently with maybe 15-18 % body fat where last yr i made it down to 170-175 with maybe 12% BF at most. Fairly strong in decent explosion/recover shape but my steady pace strength/cardio right now is definitely not in fight shape. Not for 3x5 min rds without some srs pacing anyway so solid Condit strategy.

Do u have any martial arts experience? I know you're fit & mentally stronger than hell. 

Blueprint I'd advise is avoiding traps early & using the clinch ( over & under or dbl under ) if you can time it right enter to clinch safe and greco decent it could be a good way to wear me down. Beware of punches, knees & elbows especially from collar ties but my over & under + dble under game standing my offensive wrestling & even striking there is probably the weakest part of my game. I'm fairly solid & pretty tricky/dangerous every where else especially on the mat you don't wanna be there.

If we're not in open space u can't run forever. I''ll stalk, cut the cage & look for openings to calf/leg' kick the crap out of a runner to slow them down & make them want to engage & maybe even trip them taking it to to the mat if i time them right. If feints, backpeddle to sprint is the main ploy that's probably not enough. Fun to speculate.

I definitely won't waste to chase & if i can't catch you or chew your legs up i hope you're ready for some of these antics LOL!

DhLJipm.jpg

Good luck on your mountain man run!!! 

• Haha 1

On 7/18/2020 at 2:31 AM, Megasoup said:

god dammit soup. i thought you were a boxing legend. how do you get beat up by a girl? what was she even doing outside of the kitchen in the first place? i hope this wasnt over a parking spot.

you should have put that dumb bish in her place with a right hook and than told her to make you a sandwich

Edited by -idyb-

16 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I'm in the low 190's lbs currently with maybe 15-18 % body fat where last yr i made it down to 170-175 with maybe 12% BF at most. Fairly strong in decent explosion/recover shape but my steady pace strength/cardio right now is definitely not in fight shape. Not for 3x5 min rds without some srs pacing anyway so solid Condit strategy.

Do u have any martial arts experience? I know you're fit & mentally stronger than hell. 

Blueprint I'd advise is avoiding traps early & using the clinch ( over & under or dbl under ) if you can time it right enter to clinch safe and greco decent it could be a good way to wear me down. Beware of punches, knees & elbows especially from collar ties but my over & under + dble under game standing my offensive wrestling & even striking there is probably the weakest part of my game. I'm fairly solid & pretty tricky/dangerous every where else especially on the mat you don't wanna be there.

If we're not in open space u can't run forever. I''ll stalk, cut the cage & look for openings to calf/leg' kick the crap out of a runner to slow them down & make them want to engage & maybe even trip them taking it to to the mat if i time them right. If feints, backpeddle to sprint is the main ploy that's probably not enough. Fun to speculate.

I definitely won't waste to chase & if i can't catch you or chew your legs up i hope you're ready for some of these antics LOL!

Reveal hidden contents

DhLJipm.jpg

Good luck on your mountain man run!!! 

Ha, cheers mate. My martial arts experience is limited to high school wrestling in the playground, so you'd have plenty of time to go nick Diaz on me. 

• Like 1

Weighed myself today 201lbs, finally starting to shift the bulk of this lockdown weight I packed on. Goal is to get back under 185lbs before the end of August. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Weighed myself today 201lbs, finally starting to shift the bulk of this lockdown weight I packed on. Goal is to get back under 185lbs before the end of August. 

Good stuff. I'm currently sitting at 231. Lockdown has been a blessing for me. Really got back into training due to the restrictions. Proper let myself go, after I gave up running, a few years ago. 

Back on the Grind

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

I was wondering how you'd got on this year actually; you were the success story of 2019 on this thread. That's not too shabby considering where you came from. 

31 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Good stuff. I'm currently sitting at 231. Lockdown has been a blessing for me. Really got back into training due to the restrictions. Proper let myself go, after I gave up running, a few years ago. 

Back on the Grind

Roughly what did you weigh when you were running ultras mate? 231 is on the heavy side for that kind of stuff. I tend to aim for about 165 - 170 as my race weight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Roughly what did you weigh when you were running ultras mate? 231 is on the heavy side for that kind of stuff. I tend to aim for about 165 - 170 as my race weight.

210 in my prime

10k - 40:38

Half - 1:30

Full - 3:42

Naturally big and broad. When i did Triathlon, I got down to 196, but I wasn't eating and training, 3 times a day. 

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I was wondering how you'd got on this year actually; you were the success story of 2019 on this thread. That's not too shabby considering where you came from. 

Yeah I spent the first two months of lockdown stuffing my face and ballooned back up and the last three trying to get back to what I was lol. 

The main thing I’m now worried about is quitting smoking as I’ve seen a lot of folks say it decreases your metabolism by up to 10% and can put 30+ lbs on while quitting.  3 days in and I’m not really having much difference in levels of craving food than I usually do. Just hoping I don’t have to cut off 10% of my intake to balance it out lol. 

@Bubba_Sparks, today I did my first 100 miler

On my bike, mad respect, cannot imagine running that, I had 1800m elevation gain that is a third of what they do on western states, crazy.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, amunera said:

Reveal hidden contents

On my bike, mad respect, cannot imagine running that, I had 1800m elevation gain that is a third of what they do on western states, crazy.

Great accomplishment! Was it an organized event, or a solo ride?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, classicboxer said:

Great accomplishment! Was it an organized event, or a solo ride?

Solo Ride :)

gained mad respect for anyone that even attempts a full ironman, I might have ridden the remaining 10 miles or so, but there is no way In hell I run a marathon after that :P (having ran a marathon  already I just cannot imagine that)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, amunera said:

gained mad respect for anyone that even attempts a full ironman, I might have ridden the remaining 10 miles or so, but there is no way In hell I run a marathon after that :P (having ran a marathon  already I just cannot imagine that)

You might be able to do an Ironman if you were able to just dedicate your life to training. I would imagine that once you reach a certain level of fitness, it would become a mental battle more than anything else. My best ride was 70 miles, but my excuses are that I was old, and it was 90 degrees when I reached 40 miles!

20 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

You might be able to do an Ironman if you were able to just dedicate your life to training. I would imagine that once you reach a certain level of fitness, it would become a mental battle more than anything else. My best ride was 70 miles, but my excuses are that I was old, and it was 90 degrees when I reached 40 miles!

it was supposed to be 90-100 today, I left supper early to avoid the heat but I was not as bad, I rained a bit so it cooled off, on my last decent it got hot but I was almost there so I did not care much.

The ironman I don't know, I'll try the half distance next year, I just do not see myself out there for 12 hours 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amunera said:

my sister did the ironman canada in 2011 when we had it in our city.    took her almost 14 hours but she did it. definately wasnt setting any speed records but she finished in the middle of her age group anyways.  she's ran all kinds of marathons across the world and stuff but it was her first actual full triathalon.

but i agree. after putting some distance on my bike, i aint running nowhere. i'm gonna force myself to eat a cheeseburger, have another beer or two and then im crashing out. which is still hard for me to do alot of the time cause i'm usually stiff as a board, cooked to chit from the sun, and for some reason its hard for me to eat afterwards as well.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

i definately aint doing no ironman though. oh hell no! i aint a runner. but i always thought they should change the order of ironman to bike, run, and then swim. 

i'd definately show up at the beach to watch them plucking bodies out of the lake of exhausted people that were on their bikes all day, then ran a marathon, and then decided to go for a swim.  it would be like a survival of the fittest kind of extreme sport.

we were supposed to have ironman canada return here this summer after 7 or 8 years when they moved it to whistler.   but the obama flu and travel restrictions pretty much put a stop to that one.   which is glorious cause we dont want people from all over the world flying in through filthy airports and then spreading their covid nasties around here. we have enough tourists here already this summer. the rest can fook right off

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2020 at 5:35 PM, amunera said:

Hide contents

I’ve ran further..

Hey though. Congrats.. Did you Bonk??..

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I’ve ran further..

Hey though. Congrats.. Did you Bonk??..

Congrats, yeah, thousands of people have ran longer and biked even longer than me, so no big deal hahahahaha

nope no bonking but rode well bellow my FTP and ate and drank enough, main problem was **** and shoulders :)

• Like 1