Sign in to follow this  
I_Take_Roids_m8

These two are living in 3020 while we are all living on 2020

13 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

There's something endearing about low-tech, high risk stupid crimes.

My dad used to work in a bank.  Once some guy turned up with a big stack of £10 notes (the highest denomination in those days) covered in tape  He claimed that he had dropped them in the shredder and taped them back together again. My dad was instantly suspicious, so popped into the back, measured a couple and they were all about 5% smaller than regular £10 notes.  This guy had taken 40 x £10 notes, painstakingly cut them up and put them back together again to make 42 x £10 notes.  So he basically gambled £400 to make a possible £20.

It was such a pathetic attempt my dad didn't have the heart to call the cops.  He just handed them back and laughed at the guy.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

My dad used to work in a bank.  Once some guy turned up with a big stack of £10 notes (the highest denomination in those days) covered in tape  He claimed that he had dropped them in the shredder and taped them back together again. My dad was instantly suspicious, so popped into the back, measured a couple and they were all about 5% smaller than regular £10 notes.  This guy had taken 40 x £10 notes, painstakingly cut them up and put them back together again to make 42 x £10 notes.  So he basically gambled £400 to make a possible £20.

It was such a pathetic attempt my dad didn't have the heart to call the cops.  He just handed them back and laughed at the guy.

After that failure @VertFTW abandoned physical currency and invested in bitcoin.... 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That makes me sad. How dumb / desperate can someone be?

• Thanks 2