Lewis vs Oleinik
Saturday, August 8th, 2020

CLICK HERE TO MAKE YOUR PICKS

VIEW YOUR PICKS HERE! (FAR LEFT TAB)

Main Card (9:00 p.m. ET)  - HARD DEADLINE

Preliminary Card  (6:00 p.m. ET) - PICKS DUE

Upcoming Form Links

•  

Forms will be unlocked during fight week when cards are finalized.

Edited by Decompoze

RULES

• Objective: You pick every single fight of every single UFC card in 2020.
  • Winner: The member that has picked the most fights correctly by the end of the year is the winner. Other stats are posted for informational purposes, but only the number of fights picked correctly will determine the winner.
  • No Contests/Draws: No contests and draws do not count as a win or a loss.
  • Post Event Result Changes: Fight results are considered locked at the end of the fight card, and will only be changed in the event of a mistake corrected that night (such as a miscalculated score card). If a fight is overturned by the commission at a later date, the original fight night result will stand.
  • Submitting PicksA link to a survey is provided for every event and will ALWAYS be in the OP. Simply click on it and select your name from the drop down box and enter your picks and hit submit. This will automatically put your picks into a spreadsheet with a time stamp. You are welcome to post your picks in the thread or private message them if you want to keep them hidden. However, YOU are still responsible for entering your picks into the spreadsheet via link-to-survey. Your scores will not be updated until you do so. If you post your picks in the thread and then enter different picks via link-to-survey, the latter will be used provided they were entered prior to the start of the fight card. See the gif below on how this is done.

pryDENJ.gif

• Changing PicksYou are allowed to change your picks at any time up until the start of the fight card. If you want to change some picks you made simply click the link-to-survey and re-select whichever fight you want to change. You do not have to re-pick the fights you don’t want to change.

QGEEQlz.gif

• Editing Picks: If you post your picks in the thread you should NOT edit your pick posts for ANY reason. If you are discovered having done so after the deadline, you will be ejected from the game.
  • Changes to Fight CardIf a fighter you selected gets a new opponent, you DO NOT have to reselect that fight. However if a fighter you selected pulls out and is replaced, you obviously DO have to reselect that fight. Fights that are picked will be based on the weigh-ins. If there are changes to the fight card after the weigh-ins, picks will not be accepted for those fights.
  • Picks Due: Picks are due before the start of the first fight/start of first card of the night. (Early Prelim Card on most PPV events OR Prelim Card on most non-PPV events usually).
  • Hard DeadlineThe hard deadline at which point no further picks will be accepted is the start time for the second card of the event. (Prelim Card on most PPV events OR Main Card on most non-PPV events).
  • Late PicksAfter the start time for the show, late picks will be accepted up to the Hard Deadline. Picks that are submitted late will only be counted for the fights that occur after the Hard Deadline.
  • Deadline Discrepancy: In the event of a discrepancy between the listed deadline, and the actual start of the event, whichever is earlier will take precedence. 
  • Proof of Picks: If you miss a deadline, proof of picks being submitted via alternate means (such as the UFC Fantasy site, or betting sites) that can be reasonably guaranteed as having been submitted on time will be accepted.
  • Making Picks In ThreadPosts should be made using the actual name of the fighter. Please avoid using nicknames of fighters to ensure there is no confusion for your pick. Abbreviated names, shorthand, or initials will not be accepted.  Also, stating “just make my picks the same as <insert poster> will not be accepted.
  • Multiple Fighters With the Same NameFor events where multiple fighters have the same name, or same last name, please ensure it is clear who you mean. This can be done by also including a nickname, or ensuring your picks are listed in the same order as the posted fight card.
  • Rule DisputesAny rule disputes will be decided by Decompoze.
  • Failure to Comply: Failure to comply with the above rules may result in being ejected from this game, and others. Continuous non-compliance will compromise your right to win this game.
  • Rule Updates: The rules may be updated for clarification at any time as needed.

Edited by Decompoze

Event Winners/Link To Results

Previous League Champions

2010: ForrestGriffinFan101
2011: ToiletSeat

2012: Kristijan
2013: Kristijan & the_enigma (TIE)
2014: Kristijan
2015: JChristian522
2016: cocaine_cowboy
2017: cashfl0w
2018: BART-O-LINI
2019: Decompoze

Hall of Fame

Spartacus__
January 18, 2015
UFC Fight Night Boston: McGregor vs. Siver

JBJF
April 25, 2015
UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi

Bartolini
April 23, 2016
UFC 197: Jones vs. Saint Preux

cocaine_cowboy
December 9, 2016
UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov

the_enigma
December 9, 2016
UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Abdurakhimov

JSW
July 8, 2017
UFC 213: Whittaker vs. Romero

bigdw35/Ufcfan_1
September 16, 2017
UFC Fight Night: Rockhold vs. Branch

Bezerker101
May 12, 2018
UFC 224: Nunes vs. Pennington

amunera
November 30, 2018
The Ultimate Fighter Heavy Hitters Finale

Greasyrasta/RadLad

February 9th, 2019
UFC 234: Silva vs Adesanya

Bwana

July 11th, 2020
UFC 251: Usman vs Masvidal

Edited by Decompoze

Rule Updates From Last Year

1. Submitting PicksA link to a survey is provided for every event and will ALWAYS be in the OP. Simply click on it and select your name from the drop down box and enter your picks and hit submit. This will automatically put your picks into a spreadsheet with a time stamp. You are welcome to post your picks in the thread or private message them if you want to keep them hidden. However, YOU are still responsible for entering your picks into the spreadsheet via link-to-survey. Your scores will not be updated until you do so. If you post your picks in the thread and then enter different picks via link-to-survey, the latter will be used provided they were entered prior to the start of the fight card.

Reason: basically every time someone posts their picks in the thread or PM’s me, I am the one who has to click the link-to-survey and enter those picks on their behalf. I am no longer doing this.

1. Changes to Fight Card: If a fighter you selected gets a new opponent, you DO NOT have to reselect that fight if you want to keep the same fighter you originally picked. However if a fighter you selected pulls out and is replaced, you obviously DO have to reselect that fight as the fighter you selected is a ducking can.

Reason: we picked 509 fights last year guys, there’s no reason to make it harder on each other. When you guys make your picks the name goes into the spreadsheet. If that name is in there and that fighter makes it to the cage then it’s fine in my books. The whole “everyone has to keep track of fight card changes” argument is still in effect if you pick a fighter who drops out. I don’t want to be penalizing people who get their picks in early with this nonsense. It’s also a substantial amount of work on my end that I’m cutting out.

3.      Also, I’ve removed the whole “miss 2 events or late for x amount of events kicks you out”. You are free to miss as many events as you want and keep playing. If you want to just pick PPV cards for fun, feel free, I don’t care.

Reason: my spreadsheet is set up to be completely automated. This is why there were no errors last year after logging 9664 picks. Removing/adding people to the spreadsheet is the only real avenue for the system to get messed up. Realistically, if you miss one event there’s almost no chance of winning this thing so there’s your penalty. If you don't want to play, just tell me and I'll remove you from the standings.

4.     Making Picks In ThreadPosts should be made using the actual name of the fighter. Please avoid using nicknames of fighters to ensure there is no confusion for your pick. Abbreviated names, shorthand, or initials will not be accepted.  Also, stating “just make my picks the same as <insert poster here> will not be accepted.

Reason: copying other people’s picks is a bich move and is met with heavy blowback every time it happens. If you are busy or out of town, good news, the same link-to-survey method is ideal for mobile. If you didn’t have time to look at the card and form an opinion well more good news, @-idyb- randomizer won 2 events last year….TWO! 

Edited by Decompoze
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Additional Info

• You are all tagged in this post so you actually read it. First off, returning players note the rule updates above. The first 3 are updated purely to make it easier for me (remember I was 50/50 on doing this again and I have a lot on my plate IRL life TBH honest the past few months). I know the majority won’t care because the tweaks don’t really matter much to the player. However, if you feel strongly against them for whatever hipster reason you hold in your heart (and want to complain about them for pages on end), then you are more than welcome to run the league yourself or GTFO of here.

• The 4th rule update (copying picks) however is very much in your hands if you want it or not, I don’t care either way but it seems like a decent addition. As a side note Idyb literally wants to copy a random player’s picks each card for the entire year. Weigh in. idyb don’t @ me or quote me with walls of text. It’s up to your noble colleagues now. My recommendation is to confirm the rule but let him do it. The failure to comply rule would rule out a league win under this circumstance.

• New players (and returning legends way past their prime – Sir @Bubba_Sparks), if you have any questions at any point, don’t hesitate to ask or pm me.  You’ll see an ID number on the survey (click here to make your picks). Its purpose is explained there.

• Despite the amazing ease-of-use the link-to-survey is, people still have the odd miss-click or miss a fight (hell, you can see me doing it in the gif above when going too fast). I try to accommodate people the best I can but I have no control over your mouse clicking skills. It probably happened about 8-10 times last year which isn’t too bad really considering the volume. If I notice it in the spreadsheet I’ll let you know but still, do a double check. For the repeat offenders, I hope to god you don’t file your taxes online ( @Lord_Costas_number_one_fanI’m looking in your direction m8 :P)

• Hottest takes of the month are back. If one or two posters pick a fighter that comes through while the rest of the field takes the loser, you will be forever memorialized in the OP. Player of the month is also back.

•  If anyone notices a fight card change, tag me and I’ll update the card.

•  I’ll always put the fight card link in the OP (as well as future card links if you want to save them). I’ll usually put it in the most recent page of the thread too but not always. Check the OP.

• I typically try and tag the people near the end of the week who haven’t submitted their picks for reminder purposes as a courtesy. If you don’t want this, just tell me. Also, don’t rely on it completely.

• Sign up is still open and I’ll leave it that way until the spreadsheet fills up. We had some good late additions last year. Ie – @Dark_Horse

• Just like last year I’ll post my picks in the thread for transparency purposes.

• Finally, this is a free game with nothing on the line other than bragging rights, keep that in perspective and have fun.

@amunera 

@BART-O-LINI

@Bwana

@Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU

@Fred_Flink_Stoned

@graham_240

@Jolldan 

@JSW 

@LayDownDead

@Los_Polo_Hermano

@skillandpower

@Taylor_Schonerstedt

@VertFTW

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

Rule Updates From Last Year

1. Submitting PicksA link to a survey is provided for every event and will ALWAYS be in the OP. Simply click on it and select your name from the drop down box and enter your picks and hit submit. This will automatically put your picks into a spreadsheet with a time stamp. You are welcome to post your picks in the thread or private message them if you want to keep them hidden. However, YOU are still responsible for entering your picks into the spreadsheet via link-to-survey. Your scores will not be updated until you do so. If you post your picks in the thread and then enter different picks via link-to-survey, the latter will be used provided they were entered prior to the start of the fight card.

Reason: basically every time someone posts their picks in the thread or PM’s me, I am the one who has to click the link-to-survey and enter those picks on their behalf. I am no longer doing this.

1. Changes to Fight Card: If a fighter you selected gets a new opponent, you DO NOT have to reselect that fight if you want to keep the same fighter you originally picked. However if a fighter you selected pulls out and is replaced, you obviously DO have to reselect that fight as the fighter you selected is a ducking can.

Reason: we picked 509 fights last year guys, there’s no reason to make it harder on each other. When you guys make your picks the name goes into the spreadsheet. If that name is in there and that fighter makes it to the cage then it’s fine in my books. The whole “everyone has to keep track of fight card changes” argument is still in effect if you pick a fighter who drops out. I don’t want to be penalizing people who get their picks in early with this nonsense. It’s also a substantial amount of work on my end that I’m cutting out.

3.      Also, I’ve removed the whole “miss 2 events or late for x amount of events kicks you out”. You are free to miss as many events as you want and keep playing. If you want to just pick PPV cards for fun, feel free, I don’t care.

Reason: my spreadsheet is set up to be completely automated. This is why there were no errors last year after logging 9664 picks. Removing/adding people to the spreadsheet is the only real avenue for the system to get messed up. Realistically, if you miss one event there’s almost no chance of winning this thing so there’s your

4.     Making Picks In ThreadPosts should be made using the actual name of the fighter. Please avoid using nicknames of fighters to ensure there is no confusion for your pick. Abbreviated names, shorthand, or initials will not be accepted.  Also, stating “just make my picks the same as <insert poster here> will not be accepted.

Reason: copying other people’s picks is a bich move and is met with heavy blowback every time it happens. If you are busy or out of town, good news, the same link-to-survey method is ideal for mobile. If you didn’t have time to look at the card and form an opinion well more good news, @-idyb- randomizer won 2 events last year….TWO! Realistically, if you miss one event there’s almost no chance of winning this thing so there’s your penalty. If you don’t want to play, just tell me and I’ll remove you from the standings.

k im out

• Haha 1

I love the new @Decompoze Champ Champ !!!, stepping up with brass ballz and taking no chiit from the whiners and lazy fuks. It's your game, your rules...house rules trump all complaining.

golden-champion-trophy.jpg

Thanks for all your hard work, and the initiative to design spreadsheets a caveman could use effectively. The system works fast and simple, very user friendly and intuitive in nature. I like the new rules and format, and the flexibility it allows members to just jump in for a card or 2 if they so wish. The influx of OG's busting up the ranking hierarchy, will lead to great commentary and friendly Kumbaya moments...I'm talking to you @cashfl0w

I hope with Bubba's 50% input and management, some of the top tier Alpha's system of rigging comes to and end....and justice is administered to those paying off judges and giving Twinkies to fighters prior to weigh-in day.

Thanks again for your hard work Champ Champ :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I love the new @Decompoze Champ Champ !!!, stepping up with brass ballz and taking no chiit from the whiners and lazy fuks. It's your game, your rules...house rules trump all complaining

Thanks for all your hard work, and the initiative to design spreadsheets a caveman could use effectively. The system works fast and simple, very user friendly and intuitive in nature. I like the new rules and format, and the flexibility it allows members to just jump in for a card or 2 if they so wish. The influx of OG's busting up the ranking hierarchy, will lead to great commentary and friendly Kumbaya moments...I'm talking to you @cashfl0w

I hope with Bubba's 50% input and management, some of the top tier Alpha's system of rigging comes to and end....and justice is administered to those paying off judges and giving Twinkies to fighters prior to weigh-in day.

Thanks again for your hard work Champ Champ :)

You are very welcome brother. The gratitude is appreciated. Should be a good year.

• Like 1

it wouldve probably  done alot better with my new gameplan but we'll never get to know

2 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

it wouldve probably  done alot better with my new gameplan but we'll never get to know

Just run Rando without copying picks like you did last year. Better than nothing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

Explain to the people rando 2.0 and if no one contests it you can do it up.

7 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

Explain to the people rando 2.0 and if no one contests it you can do it up.

instead of ranndomizing the fighters i randomize the members in the tournament and just go for the members picks who randomizes to first on the list

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

LoL There was no embarrassment, I think everyone was aware you were using Rando.

i always knew rando was a fraud ever since it picked anthony smith and thiago santos to beat jon jones

Edited by -idyb-

28 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Let's go

Cowboy - TKO (4th)

Green - WIN

Gadelha - WIN

Touchy Fili - WIN

Haqparast - DEC

Askarov - SUB

Wrong game. Check op and try again.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

Wrong game.

So much for the easy caveman format.

• Haha 2

@Decompoze

not actually sure this is a bug but i just submitted BigDW and DarkHorse their picks and the screen showed they were submitted and saved ( before the email request screen) 

i might have guessed both their passwords in one go, that's also a possibility off course.

i still think you don't see the picks/changes i made because of the email addresses but just checking with ya

2 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

@Decompoze

not actually sure this is a bug but i just submitted BigDW and DarkHorse their picks and the screen showed they were submitted and saved ( before the email request screen) 

i might have guessed both their passwords in one go, that's also a possibility off course.

i still think you don't see the picks/changes i made because of the email addresses but just checking with ya

There should be no emails involved. I did receieve picks under dark horse and bigdw. I assume that was you?

1 minute ago, Decompoze said:

There should be no emails involved. I did receieve picks under dark horse and bigdw. I assume that was you?

i just changed all your picks and picked all fighters on the top of the list and added a fighter not listed lol

Just now, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

i just changed all your picks and picked all fighters on the top of the list and added a fighter not listed lol

What are you trying to do and why lol.

2 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

What are you trying to do and why lol.

Whoa whoa whoa there Champ Champ, that's my strategy to help Vert out this year...just leave well enough the fuk alone bro.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Decompoze said:

Lol stop it

Yes I agree, just stop it....it works perfectly the way it is.

Thanks again Decompoze  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

don't mind me, i smoked too much i think ?

haha I was going to ask if you were high. You've already submitted your picks. Don't click anything else m8 lol

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve-----STFU said:

Let's go

Cowboy - TKO (4th)

Green - WIN

Gadelha - WIN

Touchy Fili - WIN

Haqparast - DEC

Askarov - SUB

That your 101 picks? 

39 minutes ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

That your 101 picks? 

That's his bets for Bovada.

4 hours ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

@Decompoze

sorry for yesterday, i'm sober now lol

anyway my first picks that i made are the right ones ,the second ones were another "test" ? do i have to submit them again?

You have to submit to a drug test to keep playing

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Bwana said:

The influx of OG's busting up the ranking hierarchy, will lead to great commentary and friendly Kumbaya moments...I'm talking to you @cashfl0w

He changed the rule so as to not throw people out for missing events, but I don't play this game to participate. If I play, I want to win. I just forget to sign in and post my picks sometimes. I usually wait til the event is set after the weigh-ins to post, and when I'm out of town or doing chit, I forget. Even the year I won, I had a couple of events where I was late and missed a fight or two. Last year, I could have probably weathered it, just based on the winning percentage. But it makes it a lot harder when you give someone a 10, 11, 12 fight head start by missing a whole card. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

@Decompoze

sorry for yesterday, i'm sober now lol

anyway my first picks that i made are the right ones ,the second ones were another "test" ? do i have to submit them again?

No worries. You submitted 4 in total. Three in other people's names including mine (that was nice of ya). But you signed them at the bottom under the "if a fighter is missing, write it here" slot with your name lol. I deleted them all so your original sober picks are still there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

He changed the rule so as to not throw people out for missing events, but I don't play this game to participate. If I play, I want to win. I just forget to sign in and post my picks sometimes. I usually wait til the event is set after the weigh-ins to post, and when I'm out of town or doing chit, I forget. Even the year I won, I had a couple of events where I was late and missed a fight or two. Last year, I could have probably weathered it, just based on the winning percentage. But it makes it a lot harder when you give someone a 10, 11, 12 fight head start by missing a whole card. 

I agree, my point was that with the new rule changes; you can play 1 month, or 1 event, or however you choose for fun or side bets. No longer being booted from the game for 2 missed events, opens up the field for more players to participate. Thus not being restricted to enter picks for 12 months, if time restraints are an issue for certain members.

It also shoots the Vert bullchiit logic of "I'll assess Cash's performance for 3-6 months, then decide if I'll accept the bet".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Decompoze said:

No worries. You submitted 4 in total. Three in other people's names including mine (that was nice of ya). But you signed them at the bottom under the "if a fighter is missing, write it here" slot with your name lol. I deleted them all so your original sober picks are still there.

Sober jumped in the game, hacking the spreadsheet ?.....niiice :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

@juice64011 come on in brother. It's no biggie if you miss a pile of events when you're hunting. The league will be better with you in it.

I hunt 4 states, and spend more time outdoors than anyone I know....Juice is scared of Vert, he just won't admit it.

Looks like I'm moving 1 slot up the ratings ladder :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

I hunt 4 states, and spend more time outdoors than anyone I know....Juice is scared of Vert, he just won't admit it.

Looks like I'm moving 1 slot up the ratings ladder :)

BAM! She go time. I'm gonna go ahead and register him in with that battle of the hunters.

• Thanks 1