Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Tyron Woodley vs. Leon Edwards booked as UFC London headliner

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/17/21070099/tyron-woodley-vs-leon-edwards-booked-as-ufc-london-headliner

Image result for woodley vs edwards

Former welterweight champion Tyron Woodley will return to action in enemy territory when he faces Leon Edwards in the main event at UFC London on March 21.

The fight has been in the works for weeks but final agreements weren’t put into place until Thursday according to multiple sources speaking to MMA Fighting following initial confirmation by UFC president Dana White via ESPN.

With an eight fight win streak in the division, Edwards has been asking the UFC to either give him a title shot or pit him against an opponent who would finally secure him that opportunity.

Now he’ll get his chance as Edwards looks to build on wins over Gunnar Nelson, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Rafael dos Anjos when he fights at home in England in March against one of the top welterweights in the history of the UFC.

Woodley hasn’t competed since he lost his title to Kamaru Usman last March, which came after he defended the belt three times including wins over Darren Till, Demian Maia and Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson.

To get back to the title he’ll have to go through Edwards in his native England as Woodley seeks to return to his winning ways after suffering his first loss in nearly five years.

Woodley vs. Edwards will headline the UFC’s return to London with the card taking place at the O2 Arena.

Who've you got?

20 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Didn't think this wood happen

T-Wood gotta put on a show.... If however =Rocky can get through this... He gotta get a title shot

Lol

Your takes are as bad as the Indian cricket team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Lol

My opinion came from Tryon’s comments and his previous way of declining fights

Not exactly a foolish idea, was it??

Your pedestal is over there, with your Indian cricket balls 

8 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

My opinion came from Tryon’s comments and his previous way of declining fights

Not exactly a foolish idea, was it??

Your pedestal is over there, with your Indian cricket balls 

But Leon Edwards isnt getting a title shot.  Ever.  Maybe if he adopts a blonde wig and pro-Boris schtick

so the fight is back on?   leon must have apologized for dissing t-wood's rap album

On 1/17/2020 at 4:01 AM, Lord_Costas_number_one_fan said:

Lol

indian cricket absolutely sucks.  pakistan cricket is life.

Incoming all the idiots that can’t use fight club.

Initially I was keen for this I’m now having second thoughts. The rest of the card will be pure ****e like normal for London. 

This autist posted this is like 5 random threads, word for word, the exact thing.

Im cracking up wtf would possess him to post it in THIS thread 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scottpring06 said:

Good evening

I am having issues with the pass codes not showing on my account, I renewed my Fight Club Ultimate in December 2019 for the 3rd year and this is the first time I have had issues. For example I cannot see a Pass Code for UFC 248? I am needing a code for UFC London when the tickets go on sale Wednesday and I can see on Twitter people already having their codes. Any help would be appreciated

My t-shirt hasn't been shipped yet either?

Scott

Scott, we had some issues with your credit card. Just go ahead and send me over the number, expiration, and CV code and we'll get you squared away. Be sure to include t-shirt size. 

Thanks!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I wish I had time to tell this British brother, not to do such things 

Hell, we've been telling you not to post for how long now? Probably wouldn't have worked. You English dummies take a while to get the point.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Lol no I wasnt but you vs cash could be a good headline for sure m8 lol

I would hurt that doofus with one hand tied behind my back.

• Haha 2