Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

9 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I've been listening to some reports about it with virologists & the worry from them seems to be not underestimate it but it's not so much the increased mortality r8 but how contagious it is. 

What some of them are saying is this may get to a point that it infects 60% of the world & basically be a deadlier flu season every year that's gonna stick around.  

Basically we all just got a new flu to deal with that's deadlier than regular flu and economically if that happens it's gonna have a very major impact. 

It sounds like they've been infected with @VertFTW's disease of premature panicking to be honest.

60% of the world's population is about 1.4 billion. At it's peak, the disease was infecting less than 3000 people per day. Please note that the rate is showing signs of slowing down (last 4 days has shown a decline every day).  Even at 3000 per day, that's almost 4000 years before 60% is infected.  In the early stages, the number of infections was doubling, tripling daily, and of course if that had continued then it's a very dangerous situation, but there is currently no evidence to suggest that the rate of infection will increase. 

Additionally, the mortality rate always drops over time for "new" diseases as immunity is built up. 

You're right, it is dangerously contagious, but it seems as if there is a decent handle on this now.  I think we're through the worst of it (the data suggest this); things will only get worse if people relax their guard and some ****-hole country catches it on mass.

This ain't Spanish 'flu....i don't think it will have a very major impact. Old news by the summer.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It sounds like they've been infected with @VertFTW's disease of premature panicking to be honest.

60% of the world's population is about 1.4 billion. At it's peak, the disease was infecting less than 3000 people per day. Please note that the rate is showing signs of slowing down (last 4 days has shown a decline every day).  Even at 3000 per day, that's almost 4000 years before 60% is infected.  In the early stages, the number of infections was doubling, tripling daily, and of course if that had continued then it's a very dangerous situation, but there is currently no evidence to suggest that the rate of infection will increase. 

Additionally, the mortality rate always drops over time for "new" diseases as immunity is built up. 

You're right, it is dangerously contagious, but it seems as if there is a decent handle on this now.  I think we're through the worst of it (the data suggest this); things will only get worse if people relax their guard and some ****-hole country catches it on mass.

This ain't Spanish 'flu....i don't think it will have a very major impact. Old news by the summer.

60% of the world's population is like 4.5 billion, m8

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Does OP even spreadsheet?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Lol. I blame excel. 

So 12000 years until that many are affected. Even less to panic about. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol. 

Italians think everything is a national emergency. 

More like they cant afford to risk their cash cow(tourism) since their economy would colapse.

Asians crying discrimination lol..

I'll respect you when you are all wiped out for eating everything that moves..in the meantime I aint coming close to any untrustworthy asian

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Lol

With a name like Osmel Martinez Azcue, sounds like he was supposed to land in Mexico to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VertFTW said:

??

does Haung Jinhai have the corona virus?

i mean if i dont have the corona virus and i drink 4 glasses of water and i dont notice any side effects does that mean ive discovered the cure for the corona virus?

• Haha 1

Canadians being told to prepare for a possible novel coronavirus pandemic

alright screw it. i dont have much to live for anyways. lets just get it over with.  if i dont catch this chit and start hacking out a lung by next monday then i'm taking up heroin.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

this kind of chit only happened to 10 canadians

Canada has too many asians buying property..you guys are in deep chit

• Like 1

safe_image.php?d=AQCdxCRVhGtIwaP8&w=540&

'Please spread the word!': Sheriff’s office will test your meth for coronavirus

If you're not comfortable going into an office, please contact any officer and they'll test your meth in the privacy of your home.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/kansas-sheriffs-office-will-test-your-meth-for-coronavirus-decatur-county-sheriffs-office/31137879

Edited by -idyb-

10 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

that's it, it's over....these beta morons are screwing us

You're going to worry just because Pence once tried to pray away an AID's outbreak in his state?