Jump to content
VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

friggin tea and crump-aids

EsC8iwbXcAQGGYM?format=jpg&name=large

 

 

they should have followed our provinces health advice and used a glory hole!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

 

they should have followed our provinces health advice and used a glory hole!

user497197_pic2077196_1600994229.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

@Bubba_Sparks any truth to this

 

 

Every single word is true.

Sweden compares very favourably with most European countries, which you would expect because it's a fairly thinly populated nation.

However, the MSM loves to compare us to Norway and Finland though, and wrings their hands over how many more corona deaths there are....but like that guy says, we actually measure them differently in Sweden, and Sweden is twice as densely populated as both.

The only thing i would slightly disagree with him on is the motivation for other world leaders to enter lockdown. I think they saw the success of China's hardcore lockdown, plus horror stories from Italy where they took zero precautions, and basically panicked.  

Will be interesting to see if Sweden actually uses any of the new laws they passed. The law gives the government the power to shut businesses down, or limit hours (so for example, they could close all restaurants after 8PM), but they haven't used it yet.  Fair play. Who'd have thought a bunch of socialists would value freedom so highly?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for the weekly Sweden update in association with @-idyb-, @Genki and @Conceive-Believe-Achieve

Although first, let's talk about the overall race to most deaths per capita.  Looks as if Belgium are getting complacent out front, with Slovenia breathing fast.  Meanwhile, Italy, Czech Republic, Bosnia and the dear old UK are neck in neck in the battle for 3rd.  I'm still not sleeping on dear old USA though; they've moved seamlessly into 4th on the rolling 7 day average, and are the only other major country apart from UK currently trending upwards:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&minPopulationFilter=1000000&time=2020-09-15..latest&country=GBR~USA~ITA~ESP~MKD~PER~SVN~BGR~BEL~CZE~BIH~HUN&region=World&deathsMetric=true&interval=total&hideControls=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=0&pickerMetric=location&pickerSort=asc

Back in Sweden, it's been quite an interesting week.  There were a plethora of articles crowing about how the "Swedish experiment had FAILED".  We reached our highest average death toll last week, and the highest average case load over Christmas.  The hospitals were 70% full, ICU was 80% full, and on Sunday the government passed a law that allows them to close businesses during certain periods.

However, as i mentioned on here before, Swedes barely socialise with each other outside public holidays.  So despite still no form of any lockdown, occupied hospital beds have reduced by 14%, ICU by 9%, the rolling 7 day average deaths is down from 133 to 125, and the rolling 7 day average cases is down from 5300 to 3500.

Will be interesting to see if the government lose their resolve and start closing a few businesses down. I personally don't think they will, unless there's another huge surge.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Time for the weekly Sweden update in association with @-idyb-, @Genki and @Conceive-Believe-Achieve

Although first, let's talk about the overall race to most deaths per capita.  Looks as if Belgium are getting complacent out front, with Slovenia breathing fast.  Meanwhile, Italy, Czech Republic, Bosnia and the dear old UK are neck in neck in the battle for 3rd.  I'm still not sleeping on dear old USA though; they've moved seamlessly into 4th on the rolling 7 day average, and are the only other major country apart from UK currently trending upwards:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&minPopulationFilter=1000000&time=2020-09-15..latest&country=GBR~USA~ITA~ESP~MKD~PER~SVN~BGR~BEL~CZE~BIH~HUN&region=World&deathsMetric=true&interval=total&hideControls=true&perCapita=true&smoothing=0&pickerMetric=location&pickerSort=asc

Back in Sweden, it's been quite an interesting week.  There were a plethora of articles crowing about how the "Swedish experiment had FAILED".  We reached our highest average death toll last week, and the highest average case load over Christmas.  The hospitals were 70% full, ICU was 80% full, and on Sunday the government passed a law that allows them to close businesses during certain periods.

However, as i mentioned on here before, Swedes barely socialise with each other outside public holidays.  So despite still no form of any lockdown, occupied hospital beds have reduced by 14%, ICU by 9%, the rolling 7 day average deaths is down from 133 to 125, and the rolling 7 day average cases is down from 5300 to 3500.

Will be interesting to see if the government lose their resolve and start closing a few businesses down. I personally don't think they will, unless there's another huge surge.

 damn. it must be thursday!

god bless my swedish covid update

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

 damn. it must be thursday!

god bless my swedish covid update

I thought it was Bi weekly Wednesdays.  Bubba is late! 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

 

Wel there you have it. COVID is near over.

If Fedor lives then we can safely say we have gotten through it.

Fedor only beats washed up fighters who are past their prime.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Only the Weak get it......

 

I'll never get it

I think it more has to do with even Covid doesn't want to be around you. I thought you would have caught that common theme.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I think it more has to do with even Covid doesn't want to be around you. I thought you would have caught that common theme.

Negative Ghost Rider

 

I'm 'Super Hard'

 

This little girl Virus, only attacks 'little girls'.....

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Negative Ghost Rider

 

I'm 'Super Hard'

 

'little girls'.....

 

 

You're super hard for little girls?

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Biden fixed everything. All hail the new king 🤣

i freaking hate conspiracies....but man......W.H.O. released these new guidelines on inauguration day...which will necessarily result in lower cases (and probably bring the flu back)....NY/CHI calling for opening the economy now....crazy

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

i freaking hate conspiracies....but man......W.H.O. released these new guidelines on inauguration day...which will necessarily result in lower cases (and probably bring the flu back)....NY/CHI calling for opening the economy now....crazy

Oh there's politics at play. There always is.

 

Thats why politicians are all crooked ****s. They will **** with your life if it means they can try and one up the other idiot across the hall.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Oh there's politics at play. There always is.

 

Thats why politicians are all crooked ****s. They will **** with your life if it means they can try and one up the other idiot across the hall.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Oh there's politics at play. There always is.

 

Thats why politicians are all crooked ****s. They will **** with your life if it means they can try and one up the other idiot across the hall.

the problem is now the larger conspiracy is at play....the dems/media/social/etc were all in it together to overstate the impacts of the virus in order to rekt trump's re-election chances.

How can that conspiracy not be actually considered now???

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SVTContour98 said:

the problem is now the larger conspiracy is at play....the dems/media/social/etc were all in it together to overstate the impacts of the virus in order to rekt trump's re-election chances.

How can that conspiracy not be actually considered now???

Did the dems play the pandemic is the end of the world and its all Trumps fault, even by furthering actions by their own hands. They sure did.

 

The Republicans played the card that its not that bad and the economy needed to offset the pandemic.

 

One groups message lost, both played with peoples lives.

 

This is nothing different than any other election. They tried to Pin Hunter Biden as some huge issue to the country, when he is just some rich kids drug addict. Yet they tried.

Clinton was impeached, AL Gore served under an impeached President, who got impeached for a blow job.

 

Politicians, don't trust any of them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Did the dems play the pandemic is the end of the world and its all Trumps fault, even by furthering actions by their own hands. They sure did.

 

The Republicans played the card that its not that bad and the economy needed to offset the pandemic.

 

One groups message lost, both played with peoples lives.

 

This is nothing different than any other election. They tried to Pin Hunter Biden as some huge issue to the country, when he is just some rich kids drug addict. Yet they tried.

Clinton was impeached, AL Gore served under an impeached President, who got impeached for a blow job.

 

Politicians, don't trust any of them.

 

IF cases plummet with correct/new criteria in place...the republiCANTS might have actually been right tho!!!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

 

IF cases plummet with correct/new criteria in place...the republiCANTS might have actually been right tho!!!

They have a stronger case, but they were not exactly right either.

They treated it as a joke and its not a joke. But it is not as bad as the Democrats make it out to be either.

 

You are looking at it from the scope if just these 2 idiot parties. If you look further around the world, you would see things outside the limited scope that both sides want you to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

the problem is now the larger conspiracy is at play....the dems/media/social/etc were all in it together to overstate the impacts of the virus in order to rekt trump's re-election chances.

How can that conspiracy not be actually considered now???

How is it even a conspiracy. Its obvious. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

 

IF cases plummet with correct/new criteria in place...the republiCANTS might have actually been right tho!!!

Nah, it's all coincidental.

You're a psychopath, and I hope AOC puts you on a list.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

I'm shocked no one predicted this

141335585_1632179153654780_9466712005033

Predicted that medical science will continue to evolve and improve over time?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

 

IF cases plummet with correct/new criteria in place...the republiCANTS might have actually been right tho!!!

The entire world just blew up their own economies to influence an election that Trunk was on pace to lose anyway?

If anything, covid helped that idiot because it gave his mongoloid base something to get angry about and unify. 
 

Qanon also blew up during this time which converted a large number of people into the cult. 
 

His boorish behavior, incompetence, and 19th century open corruption was already going to cost him the election. He was polling just as poorly at the end of 2019 as he was in the weeks before the election.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

mexico gettin destroyed right now... oxigen tanks going for 10x normal value...

M

Who is going to serve my booze when I go down there next?

Damnit Vert you better learn to bartend!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

mexico gettin destroyed right now... oxigen tanks going for 10x normal value...

 

hi amigo, you wanna buy some air?  50 pesos

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Who is going to serve my booze when I go down there next?

Damnit Vert you better learn to bartend!

I can recommend good tequilas to buy.. right now all bars are close everywhere lol 😣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

I can recommend good tequilas to buy.. right now all bars are close everywhere lol 😣 

Not on the resorts. Cut your hair, shave your peachfuzz, have your weekly shower, get your dads suit on and go start applying. 

 

I need an authentic Mexican to pour my drinks on the beach.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoZZez said:

Not on the resorts. Cut your hair, shave your peachfuzz, have your weekly shower, get your dads suit on and go start applying. 

 

I need an authentic Mexican to pour my drinks on the beach.

Dont come down here bro its totally infested...not joking....Walt til summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

Dont come down here bro its totally infested...not joking....Walt til summer

You're going to be swimming in migrant caravans again. There is no waiting til summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Dont come down here bro its totally infested...not joking....Walt til summer

I'm too busy and with all the infestations, I'll hold out. Being in IDYB territory,  I'm looking at Hawaii or if I get a large enough chunk of time off, Australia. 

 

But that'll depend on when all the restrictions around the globe slow down so I dont have to quarantine there or here when back.

 

But a real beach and some Pina Coladas would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I'm too busy and with all the infestations, I'll hold out. Being in IDYB territory,  I'm looking at Hawaii or if I get a large enough chunk of time off, Australia. 

 

But that'll depend on when all the restrictions around the globe slow down so I dont have to quarantine there or here when back.

 

But a real beach and some Pina Coladas would be nice. 

Lol youd never make it to austgaylia with restrictions. @OzPride

 

You should try a island in the carribiean..most are relatively covid free and you can get in with basic covid test and maybe some quatantine 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Lol youd never make it to austgaylia with restrictions. @OzPride

 

You should try a island in the carribiean..most are relatively covid free and you can get in with basic covid test and maybe some quatantine 

 

 

Hence why I said when restrictions ease.

Jamaica is always a good go to. Through I haven't followed up on their cases. Even then, it would be 2 weeks there and 2 weeks quarantine when back. Meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

 

African Strains are close to being full blown AIDS streinght soon

Oh god, here comes a story about how some African ****ed a bat...

Bubba will be in here trying to convince me it's easier to **** a bat than track one down. lol

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Oh god, here comes a story about how some African ****ed a bat...

Bubba will be in here trying to convince me it's easier to **** a bat than track one down. lol

Lol, i realised after our last time that you're trolling.  I ain't falling for it twice!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bubba 20 years ago: It's an extensive process to track down a monkey and gather it's poop. They migrate, etc. They're not just sitting there in a tree.

Me: SO IT'S EASIER TO **** IT?!

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Not on the resorts. Cut your hair, shave your peachfuzz, have your weekly shower, get your dads suit on and go start applying. 

 

I need an authentic Mexican to pour my drinks on the beach.

 

we got alot of beaches here. ill grow a moustache, put on a sombrero, and pour you some pina coladas hombre.

i dont think we'll be able to find any mariachi bands around here though

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Bubba 20 years ago: It's an extensive process to track down a monkey and gather it's poop. They migrate, etc. They're not just sitting there in a tree.

Me: SO IT'S EASIER TO **** IT?!

Lol, stahp.

Wait, why are we talking about monkeys all of a sudden?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...