VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

lol now thats a neckbeard

are those herpes on your eyes contagious? dont just wear two layers of facemask. wear the whole god damn face shield and hazmat suit too bro

I guess that's actually a mole over my eye. Funny thing, I remember having that when I was around 12 years old. Also, in 50 years I only remember one person commenting on it before you. It stands out so much that I used to be conscious about it, but I guess nobody gives a chit about it, except you!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, classicboxer said:

I guess that's actually a mole over my eye. Funny thing, I remember having that when I was around 12 years old. Also, in 50 years I only remember one person commenting on it before you. It stands out so much that I used to be conscious about it, but I guess nobody gives a chit about it, except you!

TemptingDisgustingCuckoo-size_restricted

moley moley moley!

On 1/31/2021 at 8:50 PM, classicboxer said:

The latest recommendation for slowing and stopping the spread of COVID-19: double masking. Dr. Anthony Fauci endorses double masking, the practice of wearing two face masks, because "it just makes common sense," the chief medical advisor to the president told NBC News' Today 

From the beginning, there were two recommendations, social distancing, and wearing a mask. I just believe that social distancing is more important, but it gets lost in all the "mask" hysteria. There is a battle between pro mask and anti mask, which is stupid, in my opinion.

By the way, I have been wearing a mask in public since April. I also avoid getting near people who aren't in my inner circle, and don't get near anyone who isn't wearing a mask.

I've neither worn a mask nor social distanced and i've just returned from 4 weeks in Blighty which in the land of covid is the belly of the beast.

I'm delighted to say that sans any precautions i'm completely covid free therefore Fauci can do one, take his double masks and shove them where the sun don't shine, lol. I'm living proof that Fauci is full of chit.

Tomorrow i move to Florida! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TwennyFo said:

I've neither worn a mask nor social distanced and i've just returned from 4 weeks in Blighty which in the land of covid is the belly of the beast.

I'm delighted to say that sans any precautions i'm completely covid free therefore Fauci can do one, take his double masks and shove them where the sun don't shine, lol. I'm living proof that Fauci is full of chit.

Tomorrow i move to Florida! 

How many people are "dying" proof?

• Thanks 1

This probability may be miniscule, and may not even be noticeable in in vitro experiments, or even in clinical trials across tens of thousands of patients. The odds of this occurring may be 1 in 1 followed by many zeros; however, that miniscule probability flies out the window when you understand that the average human body has 30 trillion cells, and the vaccine will be deployed in up to 7 billion people. If you multiply these small probabilities across these large numbers, the probability that this could occur in a modestly large number of people is very real.

https://sciencewithdrdoug.com/2020/11/27/will-an-rna-vaccine-permanently-alter-my-dna/?fbclid=IwAR2dxyyZTZ0Jd-i7DOWVexfS8OGy7_gySTu9bFAEk2KF5rc8at7nf4Ce1Uc

On 2/5/2021 at 11:03 PM, classicboxer said:

How many people are "dying" proof?

I find their math strange with these types, like 4 people out of 32 million vaccinated dropping dead shortly after is cause to be concerned for these people, but like 450k deaths out of 27 million COVID cases is irrelevant.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I find their math strange with these types, like 4 people out of 32 million vaccinated dropping dead shortly after is cause to be concerned for these people, but like 450k deaths out of 27 million COVID cases is irrelevant.

No no, it was mainly old people who were near death anyway.

The 4 old geriatrics dying now after their shot were going to live to 153 of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

PARIS (AP) — A 116-year-old French nun who is believed to be the world’s second-oldest person has survived COVID-19 and is looking forward to celebrating her 117th birthday on Thursday.

The Gerontology Research Group, which validates details of people thought to be 110 or older, lists Frenchwoman Lucile Randon — Sister André's birth name - as the second-oldest known living person in the world.

French media report that Sister André tested positive for the virus in mid-January in the southern French city of Toulon. But just three weeks later, the nun is considered recovered.

“I didn’t even realize I had it,” she told French newspaper Var-Matin.

Sister André, who is blind and uses a wheelchair, did not even worry when she received her diagnosis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Despite the popular use of vitamin C and zinc to fight off or lessen the severity of viral colds and flu, the new study, published Friday in JAMA Network Open, found the two supplements were of no benefit to people isolating at home with Covid-19.

In fact, the findings were so unimpressive that the study was stopped early.

“Unfortunately, these 2 supplements failed to live up to their hype,” wrote Dr. Erin Michos of John Hopkins and Houston Methodist’s Dr. Miguel Cainzos-Achirica, in an accompanying editorial.

11 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Despite the popular use of vitamin C and zinc to fight off or lessen the severity of viral colds and flu, the new study, published Friday in JAMA Network Open, found the two supplements were of no benefit to people isolating at home with Covid-19.

In fact, the findings were so unimpressive that the study was stopped early.

did they try smoking it in a meth pipe?

i'm pretty sure thats what theyre supposed to do.   well, thats what i would do.

i bet those idiots didnt even inhale.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

It reads well and looks promising.  Hopefully the testing continues to keep curing it.

The fella that told me about it, tonight in Fairways of all places, is a good friend of one of the doctors involved with the trials. According to his friend over in Israel there is a tremendous excitement building around this breakthrough.

Early days yet of course but here's hoping. There's another treatment being developed too with equally promising results. He gave me the name of that too, quite a long name, but dipstick that i am i've forgotten it, lol, except it begins with Im and there's a g in there somewhere. 🤔  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

The fella that told me about it, tonight in Fairways of all places, is a good friend of one of the doctors involved with the trials. According to his friend over in Israel there is a tremendous excitement building around this breakthrough.

Early days yet of course but here's hoping. There's another treatment being developed too with equally promising results. He gave me the name of that too, quite a long name, but dipstick that i am i've forgotten it, lol, except it begins with Im and there's a g in there somewhere. 🤔  

Imaginary? 

• Haha 2

Gotta say, true or false, i enjoyed reading this, lol.

• The people say. "I've had my vaccine and I feel fine."
    This is the uneducated and ignorant defence from anyone that has taken the vaccine and uses it as proof that the vaccine works, when confronting anyone who questions it. If that's your defence, then you haven't listened to a single word anyone has said, including science itself.
    It's an mRNA vaccine. Innovative medicine. Completely untested. Unlike any other vaccine. In fact, it steps out of medicine and firmly into genetics. Let me explain.
    What is RNA? RNA is Ribonucleic Acid. And if you actually went to school, you will have heard of DNA. This is deoxyribonucleic Acid. And if you know anything about DNA, it contains the genetic makeup of any organism.
    Both are very similar, yet have their differences also. But, more importantly, lets talk about their functions.
    DNA replicates and stores genetic information. It is a blueprint for all genetic information contained within an organism. RNA converts the genetic information contained within DNA to a format used to build proteins, and then moves it to ribosomal protein factories.
    The mRNA vaccine is a synthetic "messenger" RNA strand, that converts genetic information within DNA.
    Now, they've told you that they do this to produce proteins to in order to strengthen the immune system to fight the Covid virus, but if you really look at the bigger picture here, it might leave you quite numb to understand the potential reality of the situation.
    If you have had the vaccine, rest assured that your DNA is now changing. Do you have any idea of the implications of that? Your genetic makeup is mutating.
    You are being put under extreme pressure to take a substance that changes your genetic makeup, all because of a virus that has no more than a 0.03% fatality rate. A virus that is parallel with the flu (which has mysteriously vanished since the arrival of Covid.) Not to mention that the FDA have not approved this as a legitimate vaccine as yet, but have only approved for emergency use. This means that it's being tested on you! Most "vaccine" companies don't even refer to this as a vaccine, but as an "operating system." I'll assume that Mr Gates likes to call it this!
    If you are ignorant enough to tell me that I am selfish enough to want my DNA to remain intact, at the risk of somebody's life, who already has underlying conditions and probably would have died from the flu or any other ailment, due to they're own failing immune system, then you are completely insane.
    I see people stating that "if it's the only way to get back to normal, then I'm having it." I'm just gobsmacked. These people are more than prepared to risk change of the very fabric of what "life" is, just so they can get their "life" back?
    If you think I'm talking rubbish then more fool you. Go and have the vaccine. Hopefully, you wont have to regret your decision, should the time come.
    This information is readily available for you to read. If you are ignorant enough to roll up your sleeves with your eyes completely shut, then maybe you have no idea on what the meaning of "life" actually is, and you're chasing a complete fantasy.
    You think its about saving lives. You think its as clear cut as "life or death." It's not. It's not dying from a vaccine that I'm scared of. It's living with it's potential long term effects. As opposed to the 99.97% survival rate that will see the back of the effects of Covid in about a week.
    So you took the vaccine and didn't die. Wonderful news. I didn't take the vaccine and I didn't die either!
    Lets pick this back up in several years, when I'm still human...🤷‍♀️ knows what you are.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

Gotta say, true or false, i enjoyed reading this, lol.

• The people say. "I've had my vaccine and I feel fine."
    This is the uneducated and ignorant defence from anyone that has taken the vaccine and uses it as proof that the vaccine works, when confronting anyone who questions it. If that's your defence, then you haven't listened to a single word anyone has said, including science itself.
    It's an mRNA vaccine. Innovative medicine. Completely untested. Unlike any other vaccine. In fact, it steps out of medicine and firmly into genetics. Let me explain.
    What is RNA? RNA is Ribonucleic Acid. And if you actually went to school, you will have heard of DNA. This is deoxyribonucleic Acid. And if you know anything about DNA, it contains the genetic makeup of any organism.
    Both are very similar, yet have their differences also. But, more importantly, lets talk about their functions.
    DNA replicates and stores genetic information. It is a blueprint for all genetic information contained within an organism. RNA converts the genetic information contained within DNA to a format used to build proteins, and then moves it to ribosomal protein factories.
    The mRNA vaccine is a synthetic "messenger" RNA strand, that converts genetic information within DNA.
    Now, they've told you that they do this to produce proteins to in order to strengthen the immune system to fight the Covid virus, but if you really look at the bigger picture here, it might leave you quite numb to understand the potential reality of the situation.
    If you have had the vaccine, rest assured that your DNA is now changing. Do you have any idea of the implications of that? Your genetic makeup is mutating.
    You are being put under extreme pressure to take a substance that changes your genetic makeup, all because of a virus that has no more than a 0.03% fatality rate. A virus that is parallel with the flu (which has mysteriously vanished since the arrival of Covid.) Not to mention that the FDA have not approved this as a legitimate vaccine as yet, but have only approved for emergency use. This means that it's being tested on you! Most "vaccine" companies don't even refer to this as a vaccine, but as an "operating system." I'll assume that Mr Gates likes to call it this!
    If you are ignorant enough to tell me that I am selfish enough to want my DNA to remain intact, at the risk of somebody's life, who already has underlying conditions and probably would have died from the flu or any other ailment, due to they're own failing immune system, then you are completely insane.
    I see people stating that "if it's the only way to get back to normal, then I'm having it." I'm just gobsmacked. These people are more than prepared to risk change of the very fabric of what "life" is, just so they can get their "life" back?
    If you think I'm talking rubbish then more fool you. Go and have the vaccine. Hopefully, you wont have to regret your decision, should the time come.
    This information is readily available for you to read. If you are ignorant enough to roll up your sleeves with your eyes completely shut, then maybe you have no idea on what the meaning of "life" actually is, and you're chasing a complete fantasy.
    You think its about saving lives. You think its as clear cut as "life or death." It's not. It's not dying from a vaccine that I'm scared of. It's living with it's potential long term effects. As opposed to the 99.97% survival rate that will see the back of the effects of Covid in about a week.
    So you took the vaccine and didn't die. Wonderful news. I didn't take the vaccine and I didn't die either!
    Lets pick this back up in several years, when I'm still human...🤷‍♀️ knows what you are.

Just call it false.

These vaccines have not changed anyone's DNA and the mRna has been in testing for 23 years, so it is far from new and untested. 

4 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Just call it false.

These vaccines have not changed anyone's DNA and the mRna has been in testing for 23 years, so it is far from new and untested. 

Lol, right'o Dr Mozz.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Lol, right'o Dr Mozz.

You don’t need to be a doctor to know this. You just have to read reputable source for once in your life.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Lol, right'o Dr Mozz.

What are you saying I am wrong on?

The mRNA has been worked on since 98, or that you are not changing your DNA?

Please Dr Qanon, clear up my obvious error on facts.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, 12еr said:

You don’t need to be a doctor to know this. You just have to read reputable source for once in your life.

Did someone die and make you the arbiter in all things covid? No? I didn't think so.

You have no idea what you are talking about but you do like to present your opinions as fact so how about you step up with some actual evidence to back up your spurious claims?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MoZZez said:

What are you saying I am wrong on?

The mRNA has been worked on since 98, or that you are not changing your DNA?

Please Dr Qanon, clear up my obvious error on facts.

You pays your money and takes your choice. If you trust the vax and think the roll out is completely without risk and the push to vaccinate 7 billion people is purely altruistic then go ahead and line up.

If on the other hand you don't then there are a great number of studies and in depth articles out there contrary to the 'accepted' science should you wish to go look for them. Also contrary to popular opinion, many are authored by medical professionals eminent in there respective fields.

Do your own research or don't, i don't really give a **** mate. I'll keep posting the odd article i find amusing or interesting while all the while remaining neutral as to the veracity of the claims they may contain. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

You pays your money and takes your choice. If you trust the vax and think the roll out is completely without risk and the push to vaccinate 7 billion people is purely altruistic then go ahead and line up.

If on the other hand you don't then there are a great number of studies and in depth articles out there contrary to the 'accepted' science should you wish to go look for them. Also contrary to popular opinion, many are authored by medical professionals eminent in there respective fields.

Do your own research or don't, i don't really give a **** mate. I'll keep posting the odd article i find amusing or interesting while all the while remaining neutral as to the veracity of the claims they may contain. 

Ok, you've done your research.  Let's see some of these published studies that show the mRNA changing people's DNA.  

Of course I think the vaccine roll out will have risk. As it stands now it appears the vaccines will deliver as planned. But there are a billion scenarios in the world and who knows, 20 years from now it might not be great.

But it's a risk vs reward environment. You have a construction background if I remember correctly.  Risk was part of the job. You determined that the reward was worth the risk. You will make your choice on this vaccine,  the only thing will be, are you following bull**** conspiracy, or actual scientific data, peer researched and what people would call factual. 

The choice is yours man. You do you. But don't think people won't call out the bull**** when the facts show just that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwennyFo said:

Did someone die and make you the arbiter in all things covid? No? I didn't think so.

You have no idea what you are talking about but you do like to present your opinions as fact so how about you step up with some actual evidence to back up your spurious claims?

I don’t consider myself an expert and that’s why I am not in here trying to pass on my crack pot theories. That’s your game, old man.

I don’t need to be an expert to know that when you link a conspiracy theory coming from Karensblog.com that it’s not peer reviewed science.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

And i'm the crazy one, lol.

Youve stated yourself you dont have a clue what you are actually talking about so its hard to deny at this point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

May be a meme of 4 people and text that says 'Doctor, |feel perfectly healthy Stay home, avoid sunlight, cover your respiratory passages and takean experimental injection'

Seems to me that y'all who sip on the gubbermunt kool aid are the real conspiracy theorists.

speaking of sipping on the kool aid,  whats the latest buzz over at the Qanon forums?

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

May be a meme of 4 people and text that says 'Doctor, |feel perfectly healthy Stay home, avoid sunlight, cover your respiratory passages and takean experimental injection'

Seems to me that y'all who sip on the gubbermunt kool aid are the real conspiracy theorists.

Serious question, what vaccines did you receive when you were young?  I'm pretty sure I was vaccinated for polio, small pox, whooping cough (pertussis), tetanus, and diphtheria. I also caught measles and mumps before those vaccines were more common. I'm not scared of vaccines.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, classicboxer said:

Serious question, what vaccines did you receive when you were young?  I'm pretty sure I was vaccinated for polio, small pox, whooping cough (pertussis), tetanus, and diphtheria. I also caught measles and mumps before those vaccines were more common. I'm not scared of vaccines.

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-development-testing-and-regulation.

" Vaccine development is a long, complex process, often lasting 10-15 years and involving a combination of public and private involvement. 

And there lies the difference cb.

This as opposed to a MRNA vaccine which has never been used before, where the technology has never managed to procure a licence despite being decades in development and as a vaccine can only operate now under the auspice of the emergency act, and was put to market from conception to finished product in under 6 months.

Absolute minimal trials, minimal testing. The data as to adverse effects will be gathered as the roll outs continue which means the people taking the vaccine are the actual guinea pigs or test subjects if you will. It is expected that 2023 is the earliest date for sufficient date to have been compiled to reach an informed consensus as to the safety of the vaccine.

It is also worthy to note that the general consensus on the MRNA vaccine is that as a consequence, once the vaccine has entered the body any such adverse reactions suffered as a result are irreversible.

In short, you don't have a ****ing clue what the long term health risks are but you are willing to take the chance and inject this crap into your body to protect yourself from a virus with a survival rate of 99.03%.

I'm gonna trust my immune system m8, you do what you feel best for you.

Edited by TwennyFo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/vaccine-development-testing-and-regulation.

" Vaccine development is a long, complex process, often lasting 10-15 years and involving a combination of public and private involvement. 

This as opposed to a MRNA vaccine which has never been used before, where the technology has never managed to procure a licence despite being decades in development and as a vaccine can only operate now under the auspice of the emergency act, and was put to market from conception to finished product in under 6 months.

Absolute minimal trials, minimal testing. The data as to adverse effects will be gathered as the roll outs continue which means the people taking the vaccine are the actual guinea pigs or test subjects if you will. It is expected that 2023 is the earliest date for sufficient date to have been compiled to reach an informed consensus as to the safety of the vaccine.

It is also worthy to note that the general consensus on the MRNA vaccine is that as a consequence, once the vaccine has entered the body any such adverse reactions suffered as a result are irreversible.

In short, you don't have a ****ing clue what the long term health risks are but you are willing to take the chance and inject this crap into your body to protect yourself from a virus with a survival rate of 99.03%.

Very good post! My take is that, in spite of the risk, I would tend to believe that the down side would be that it's not as effective as they claim, and I tend to not worry about the conspiracy theory stuff. I would hope that they are more knowledgeable than they were in the 60's, and even though it was rushed through, that they had a good idea of what they were dealing with, and the work they put in was more than an "educated guess". I 100% don't believe any of the conspiracy theories about the vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

meanwhile in canada, the illegals will probably be getting their covid shots before the general public.

Advocacy groups call for COVID-19 vaccine plan for migrants, undocumented workers

People shouldn't be required to show health cards or provide personal information to get a shot, groups say

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vaccine-access-migrant-undocumented-workers-1.5925864

Canada's COVID-19 vaccine rollout needs to guarantee equal access for migrants and undocumented workers, advocates for migrant rights say.

The Migrant Rights Network says it fears that countless migrant and undocumented workers won't get vaccinated because of their immigration status — either because they lack access to health coverage or they worry about their personal information being shared with immigration enforcement authorities

• Confused 1

Meanwhile in Sweden, it turns out they've OFFICIALLY been sacrificing the elderly to Odin all along.

https://kebe-21648.medium.com/how-the-elderly-in-sweden-are-being-neglected-and-euthanized-during-pandemic-times-b883d7ea9746

More perplexingly, once a Swedish radio got wind of this, they branded the lad who wrote it as a "national security threat undermining Swedish interests abroad".  Several death threats later and he's fled to Ireland.

On the plus side, Sweden are now up to 70k vaccines per week, which is about what they do in the UK in a couple of hours.....Brexit is saving lives!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Meanwhile in Sweden, it turns out they've OFFICIALLY been sacrificing the elderly to Odin all along.

https://kebe-21648.medium.com/how-the-elderly-in-sweden-are-being-neglected-and-euthanized-during-pandemic-times-b883d7ea9746

More perplexingly, once a Swedish radio got wind of this, they branded the lad who wrote it as a "national security threat undermining Swedish interests abroad".  Several death threats later and he's fled to Ireland.

On the plus side, Sweden are now up to 70k vaccines per week, which is about what they do in the UK in a couple of hours.....Brexit is saving lives!

this kinda thing would never happen in the USSA

CORRECTION:  This kinda thing would only happen in NYC, not regular USSA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

My mom took the Moderna one already about a month ago. She didn't died. No side effects yet other than her arm was sore for a few days & she felt a little fatigue but she has that normally sometimes anyway. We'll see when she takes the second part. 

I think for older folks with health issues it's well worth the risk. I'm gonna take it too when it becomes available for my age group. Even if you get it after having taken the vaccine which is rare but can still happen it will lesson the severity of symptoms & lower transmission. In the really really rare case you're one of those people that has an adverse reaction to the vaccine there is really is no reason not to take it. More likely you have a bad reaction to rona than the vaccine. 

Me being a smoker with high blood pressure TBH i'd rather take my chances with the vaccine than Rona. You can have far worse irreversible effects if you get a bad case of Rona.

Yeah i probably won't die if i got rona but i have one of those over active immunes systems & i'd probably be one of those unlucky people that has a cytokine storm reaction & it reks my lungs permanently. 

I'll take my chances with the vaccine. I'm definitely taking my tinfoil hat off for this one. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

My mom took the Moderna one already about a month ago. She didn't died. No side effects yet other than her arm was sore for a few days & she felt a little fatigue but she has that normally sometimes anyway. We'll see when she takes the second part. 

I think for older folks with health issues it's well worth the risk. I'm gonna take it too when it becomes available for my age group. Even if you get it after having taken the vaccine which is rare but can still happen it will lesson the severity of symptoms & lower transmission. In the really really rare case you're one of those people that has an adverse reaction to the vaccine there is really is no reason to take it. 

Me being a smoker with high blood pressure TBH i'd rather take my chances with the vaccine than Rona. You can have far worse irreversible effects if you get a bad case of Rona.

Yeah i probably won't die if i got rona but i have one of those over active immunes systems & i'd probably be one of those unlucky people that has a cytokine storm reaction & it reks my lungs permanently. 

I'll take my chances with the vaccine. I'm definitely taking my tinfoil hat off for this one. 

I couldn't have said it better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Apparently the VA is giving out vaccines to veterans of any age now, I’m going to see if I can get one through them.

3 hours ago, 12еr said:

Apparently the VA is giving out vaccines to veterans of any age now, I’m going to see if I can get one through them.

That's a long f'n drive for you isn't it ?, you'll have to go back for a second series yet.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bwana said:

That's a long f'n drive for you isn't it ?, you'll have to go back for a second series yet.

I don't think he means The Virginia. 

I could be wrong though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

I don't think he means The Virginia. 

I could be wrong though.

Oh fugg, brain fart here sorry :)

• Like 1

So AstraZeneca got approved up north.

Ok, still 2 shots, no big deal

Wait 62% effective??

Wait not effective against South African variant??

Wait at best I am looking at September, maybe Dec and probably 2022??

No thanks since I am waiting anyways I'll take a Moderna  or Pfizer