VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

30 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

So 12er got nCoV19... anyone else on this board?

I'm going to the bar tomorrow, I'll get back to you on Sunday. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I'm going to the bar tomorrow, I'll get back to you on Sunday. 

That moment when you bring a woman home from the bar who you suspect might have covid but the juice is worth the squeeze and she walks in on this.....?

jqfGKdn.jpg

dexter-morgan.jpg Relax.....it's not what you think.

b64441fa275b5fe32eed0574be2370b8.jpg

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

That moment when you bring a woman home from the bar who you suspect might have covid but the juice is worth the squeeze and she walks in on this.....?

jqfGKdn.jpg

That's some Bone Collector chiit right there lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

That's some Bone Collector chiit right there lol

Yeah reference was to the show Dexter. Have you seen the series? It's a pretty amazing show.

I just finished watching the series a few weeks ago on netflix since i heard it was good but i never watched it when it came out. 

Spoiler

H8'ed how the show ended though. Poor Deb : (

• Like 2

1st confirmed Corona case just announced locally, about 10 miles from me....going to buy plastic and duct tape, for my wife.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StompGrind said:

Yeah reference was to the show Dexter. Have you seen the series? It's a pretty amazing show.

I just finished watching the series a few weeks ago on netflix since i heard it was good but i never watched it when it came out. 

Spoiler

Hide contents

H8'ed how the show ended though. Poor Deb : (

Yep I watched Dexter, and first saw that actor in a series on HBO called "6 Feet Under" a number of years ago.

32 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Yep I watched Dexter, and first saw that actor in a series on HBO called "6 Feet Under" a number of years ago.

I work around this data guy who looks just like the actor.

Then he is super weird and friendly.

On top of that his name can easily be changed to add murder to it.

So anytime we are in owner meetings or with engineers, we joke that they better do what he says or old Murdercop (name we call him) will have you "missing" in his basement.

Super nice guy though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the town in oregon my sister lives in just got hit with the corona yesterday. the whole town is now on lockdown.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

Been trying to Avoid touching mi face today...lol....not easy at all

coronavirus-pie-chart-funny-mattsurelee.

• Like 3

Only 11 pages....

Rumour is that there are 2 serotypes for this virus .Agressive one - the one in China ,Italy ,Iran ;and a not so agressive one - see countrys with low infected/deaths ratio.  So you get forms of illnesses based on serotype ,age ,health condition ,genes and who knows what else....

Good luck all, because we are going to need it , this thing will be here for a while. 

• Like 2

Unaware of Coronavirus, Nickelback Continues Tour of Playing to Empty Stadiums

Completely oblivious of the Coronavirus, Canadian rock band Nickelback has continued the United States leg of their “All the Right Reasons” world tour as the typical crowd size of seven people hasn’t dwindled since the outbreak began. Public health officials who had advised the cancellation of concerts specifically stated that they will permit Nickelback shows to go on.

“Nobody will ever see a Nickelback concert as a possible public health hazard because they don’t have any fans,” CDC Robert Redfield stated, “We’ve confirmed that it’s just the tour bus driver, and a handful of the stage crew out there in the stands cheering the band on every night. It’s always been just them. In fact, if you want to be safe from the virus, one of the best places you could go is to a Nickelback concert, but I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.”

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

god damn every time i scroll down facebook the memes and satire just keep on coming.  i feel like im going to hell for having a giggle at these

89823077_3000987446620812_45866489188922

89721964_126271792281453_152849774589404

Edited by -idyb-

Lol at eurotrash countries...keep doing business with the Chinese...hopefully you learned your lesson.

• Like 1

Someone in New York gets tested, flies to West Palm Beach, is confirmed with Coronavirus.  Authorities in WPB consider ringing him up for deliberately endangering people.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-palm-beach-flying-coronavirus-possible-criminal-charge-20200313-6f7mev3qtfc5dh6wtyzqnceaea-story.html

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

No school and basically everybody working from home here in Portugal until April, at the very least

I'm waiting for them to make the decision before it's too late.

My hospital is going into isolation mode. Rumor has it a patient is infected. I'll keep yas updated as I get info. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Sucks that I'm not at work right now and depending on my woman to get me info. Shes on the opposite side of the hospital where this is "supposed" to be occurring at. 

• Sad 2

It's all hush hush for now. Apparently anthird shift worker came in last night and got temped and they had a low grade fever but wasn't immediately tested. Half way into the shift the one nurse saw them coughing and whatnot and reported it to a supervisor  they forced them to goto the ER for testing. 

This is a rumor so far and there isnt anything to back it up this also happened recently in the school district where someone said a kid had it. 

• Like 2

He has 17,000 bottles of hand sanitizer and nowhere to sell them

https://www.dailywire.com/news/seller-blocked-by-amazon-complains-he-cant-sell-his-17000-bottles-of-hand-sanitizer

https://hollywoodlife.com/feature/who-is-matt-colvin-hand-sanitizer-hoarder-3967283/

so its okay for corporations to price gauge, but not regular people.   i wonder how much its gonna cost in the states for a vaccination once it gets discovered and big pharma buys out all the patents?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Shelves going empty here, 4 different stores and paper towels, toilet paper, distilled water, disinfecting wipes all fkn gone. I did get 4 cases of beer, all 3 vehicles filled with gas, and a 55 gallon drum of diesel fuel.

Walked up to the water shelf, some old lady standing there with a cart full of it(10-15 gallons maybe), reached up in the back and grabbed the last one(she couldn't reach it). And she shouts "that's mine !!!", I calmly said "possession is 9/10th's of the law"....she shouted "give that to me you bastard", I said "fugg off ya old cughnt"...then I coughed at her. 

The wife said "glad I brought you along" ..... lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Shelves going empty here, 4 different stores and paper towels, toilet paper, distilled water, disinfecting wipes all fkn gone. I did get 4 cases of beer, all 3 vehicles filled with gas, and a 55 gallon drum of diesel fuel.

Walked up to the water shelf, some old lady standing there with a cart full of it(10-15 gallons maybe), reached up in the back and grabbed the last one(she couldn't reach it). And she shouts "that's mine !!!", I calmly said "possession is 9/10th's of the law"....she shouted "give that to me you bastard", I said "fugg off ya old cughnt"...then I coughed at her. 

The wife said "glad I brought you along" ..... lol

Lol my buddy just sent me videos of empty shelves and freezers from the grocery store.

Anyway came in here to say I think the transit systems staying open in the US is extremely irresponsible. Basketball has shut down arenas that house, what, maybe 20,000 people. 10x that amount (probably more) go through major train stations EVERY DAY with much closer human contact than arenas.

I understand Italy had a direct connection with Wuhan and thats why they shut down the country, but its going to be no different here or anywhere else if the world allows their transit systems to continue business as usual as I believe they are ground zero for spreading the virus along with hospitals and airports. 

While the measures taken so far of canceling organized sports and large gatherings might seem drastic, I think its a drop in the bucket if you allow the continuous close human contact that occurs on Americas transits systems thousands of times every hour of every day.

Enough is enough. We need a minimum 2 week shut down akin to Italys or its only going to get worse. Actually its going to get worse anyway before it gets better but we can be doing a lot more to curb the severity 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

Lol my buddy just sent me videos of empty shelves and freezers from the grocery store.

Anyway came in here to say I think the transit systems staying open in the US is extremely irresponsible. Basketball has shut down arenas that house, what, maybe 20,000 people. 10x that amount (probably more) go through major train stations EVERY DAY with much closer human contact than arenas.

I understand Italy had a direct connection with Wuhan and thats why they shut down the country, but its going to be no different here or anywhere else if the world allows their transit systems to continue business as usual as I believe they are ground zero for spreading the virus along with hospitals and airports. 

While the measures taken so far of canceling organized sports and large gatherings might seem drastic, I think its a drop in the bucket if you allow the continuous close human contact that occurs on Americas transits systems thousands of times every hour of every day.

Enough is enough. We need a minimum 2 week shut down akin to Italys or its only going to get worse. Actually its going to get worse anyway before it gets better but we can be doing a lot more to curb the severity 

You shut the transit system you basically cut off so many from work etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Unlike some i see a lot of good opportunities that could come from this. One of the major ones being stronger independence nationally to deal with threats. 

Countries need to build an infrastructure that can better handle potential dangers without vast reliance of other countries that can up and decide they don't wanna play ball. 

Independence=Leverage to dictate your own terms. However it must be done within the frame work of protecting people from market manipulation.   

In other words provide incentives for infrastructure building but at the same time regulatory penalties & perhaps fines if this is being taken advantage of to drive profit and bleed the general public. So you have to have clear lines drawn on what is acceptable or not. 

Edited by StompGrind

I was reading an article earlier today and it made a good point. The coronavirus will bankrupt far more people than it will kill. Thw long term effects economically will be horrendous. 

Onto my next point, there are some careers that are pretty untouchable when it comes to chit like this. Healthcare being one of them. We have such a shortage of doctors, primary clinicians (like me), and nurses that I could see people flooding the field again like they did in the early to mid 2000's to have more job stability. Sure, you can become ill and be out for two-three weeks but that should never bankrupt someone unless they are financially retarded. 

How's crypto doing @VertFTW?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I was reading an article earlier today and it made a good point. The coronavirus will bankrupt far more people than it will kill. Thw long term effects economically will be horrendous. 

Onto my next point, there are some careers that are pretty untouchable when it comes to chit like this. Healthcare being one of them. We have such a shortage of doctors, primary clinicians (like me), and nurses that I could see people flooding the field again like they did in the early to mid 2000's to have more job stability. Sure, you can become ill and be out for two-three weeks but that should never bankrupt someone unless they are financially retarded. 

How's crypto doing @VertFTW?

Yeah hopefully it has an impact on academia as well as journalism. 

Those lesbian dance theory & gender studies degrees are not in high demand. ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Yeah hopefully it has an impact on academia as well as journalism. 

Those lesbian dance theory & gender studies degrees are not in high demand. ?

Dancing lesbians is not exactly a bad thing.

You want to get rid of feminist ugly dancing lesbians.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

You shut the transit system you basically cut off so many from work etc. 

And people need to be cut off from eachother to stop this thing from spreading like wild fire. So many can work from home now anyway and the government has approved a stimulus package to cover people should they be forced to stay home from work. No one is going to miss a paycheck.

1 hour ago, OmoGOAT said:

And people need to be cut off from eachother to stop this thing from spreading like wild fire. So many can work from home now anyway and the government has approved a stimulus package to cover people should they be forced to stay home from work. No one is going to miss a paycheck.

That **** only covers 2 weeks, at like 70% of your pay, and who knows what will qualify someone for it.

I guarantee the amount that was put aside for it won't be enough because Republicans wouldn't have passed it if they thought it was generous to the working class.

People will still have to go work and this **** isn't going to end for months. 

Edited by 12еr

2 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

Lmao that package exempted any company with over 500 employees which is all big business. Like the place I work at which cant be done from home and if the place I worked at closed no one woulf have groceries.

5 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Unlike some i see a lot of good opportunities that could come from this.

same bro.   with everybody loaded up on toilet paper, im gonna buy up all the plungers and upsell them on craigslist

• Haha 1

man theres been lineups full of people at all the stores lately waiting for the doors to open so they can get their food and toilet paper. its retarded. i bet i could freak alot of people out if i just took some fat vape rips of live resin on my way through the parking lot and then start hacking a lung in front of everybody

i just want a god damn lumberjack sandwich, some ritz crackers and some garbage bags. aint nobody gonna be lining up at safeway for that. i'll be damned if i ever find myself lining up in front of a crowd and waiting for a store to open just to do my shopping

ill just start coughing like crazy. if that doesnt get everyone out of my way, ill double down on the coughing and then start holding my chest and make it look like im gasping for air.   f*ck you, your diapers, and your 192 rolls of toilet paper, i want my god damn sandwich and crackers.

if that doesnt work, i dont know what else to try. but its crazy around here

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1