VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

6 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Pfft. Doctors office called this morning, Doc had some sort of emergency, cancelled his entire appointment list, yours truly included.  Been feeling better, temperature back down to normal. A little achy, but that my just be Arthur Itis, that chit happens at 70 y.o.  Fook it, maybe a Yeunglng tall boy and 2 or 3 stiif shots of Armagnac will do me some good.

sounds to me like you've caught the dengue fever. and maybe ringworm.

All you cans raced to get the vaccine, and now you're still stuck wearing your mask. Because the Biden admin said so! Science be damned. lol

8 hours ago, SavageTC said:

Just had my first dose of pfizer

Pray for me guise

TC before shot

photo-436217.jpg

TC after

PIG: Primer tráiler del nuevo thriller protagonizado por Nicolas Cage -  Vandal Random

• Haha 3

On 7/28/2021 at 5:08 AM, cashfl0w said:

All you cans raced to get the vaccine, and now you're still stuck wearing your mask. Because the Biden admin said so! Science be damned. lol

If the whole covid-19 pandemic was a Democrat conspiracy designed to bring Trump down, is the Delta variant a Republican conspiracy designed to bring Biden down?

41 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

cases are insane in my area rn

everything needs to be shut down again asap

8 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

If the whole covid-19 pandemic was a Democrat conspiracy designed to bring Trump down, is the Delta variant a Republican conspiracy designed to bring Biden down?

Let me know when the businesses start closing down literally all across the country and economy tanks. lol

On 7/10/2021 at 4:34 AM, -idyb- said:

sounds to me like you've caught the dengue fever. and maybe ringworm.

Please consult with Dr.Vert before making ridiculous diagnosis predictions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

everything needs to be shut down again asap

Dr. Vert,

What do you anticipate the case load will be for the Flu this Fall?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Let me know when the businesses start closing down literally all across the country and economy tanks. lol

The vaccine will prevent that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

lol sigh.....

The vaccine will help to keep ERs from collapsing from demand in 1st world countries but there will still be significant infection rates going around that will cause mass lockdowns(already happening)

33 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol sigh.....

The vaccine will help to keep ERs from collapsing from demand in 1st world countries but there will still be significant infection rates going around that will cause mass lockdowns(already happening)

Not Nation wide....only in secluded pockets of areas where people chose not to get vaccinated, or the rural areas where vaccination sites were limited.

1 hour ago, classicboxer said:

Everybody that wants the vaccine already has it. Why do you think the money grubbers in Big Pharma jumped over to the booster shot business? Gotta re-cash in on the people they still have shaking in their boots from a virus with a 99.9% survival rate.

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

Please consult with Dr.Vert before making ridiculous diagnosis predictions.

I can go from researching the symptoms of my sore ankle on WebMD to coffin shopping in under 15 minutes.

8 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

I can go from researching the symptoms of my sore ankle on WebMD to coffin shopping in under 15 minutes.

Yeeeeah, but is WebMD a certified Top 20 physician ?.....exactly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Yeeeeah, but is WebMD a certified Top 20 physician ?.....exactly.

no. its where you go if you want to turn your sniffles or sore wrist into a full blown AIDS diagnosis.

apparently ive got rheumatoid arthritis!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

no. its where you go if you want to turn your sniffles or sore wrist into a full blown AIDS diagnosis.

apparently ive got rheumatoid arthritis!

Should've called Saul or Vert, you fugged up big time.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Louisiana Hospitals are full...even Children's Hospital in New Orleans has their ICU full of covid patients...that are all children!!!

Did you get your vaccine then?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

I had too back in June (family related)...I dont mind the 3rd arm honestly

Plus, you were already autistic! Take that, tinfoil hatters!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

Louisiana Hospitals are full...even Children's Hospital in New Orleans has their ICU full of covid patients...that are all children!!!

who the fook goes to the hospital for the sniffles?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

who the fook goes to the hospital for the sniffles?

apparently a lot of kids with the delta variant.

One of our kids' friends were supposed to come stay for like 3 days....they woke up the day of with headaches/runny noses....we told them to wait a day and see if they felt better...next day they woke up with fever...have had fever for 6 days straight...havent been able to leave their beds...healthy active kids man...crazy

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

apparently a lot of kids with the delta variant.

One of our kids' friends were supposed to come stay for like 3 days....they woke up the day of with headaches/runny noses....we told them to wait a day and see if they felt better...next day they woke up with fever...have had fever for 6 days straight...havent been able to leave their beds...healthy active kids man...crazy

Yeah, we've got a friend who works in ICU. First wave was all old, fat people. This latest wave has been much younger and healthier. 

Got my second jab today though so I'm immune and can suddenly speak perfect German. Gluchlicke tage.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, we've got a friend who works in ICU. First wave was all old, fat people. This latest wave has been much younger and healthier. 

Got my second jab today though so I'm immune and can suddenly speak perfect German. Gluchlicke tage.

children's hospital in New Orleans ICU has been filled for the last week or so....maxed out...with kids...half of which are normal healthy kids with no other issues.

• Sad 1

in hindsight, it seems like govt should have warned the elderly, immuno-suppressed, etc to shelter and take precautions and just let everyone else go out and catch it....then vaccinate the at risk population.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

chullu bhar muth mein doob mar

hazaar lund teri gand main. gaandu!

Edited by -idyb-

seeing more and more of my friends/acquaintances getting covid this time around...people who didn't get it the first time around even tho they were out and about living normal like through 2020. 

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

seeing more and more of my friends/acquaintances getting covid this time around...people who didn't get it the first time around even tho they were out and about living normal like through 2020. 

this kind of shіt wouldnt have happened if they would have used a glory hole

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Lol what a ****show covid will be for the next 4 years

L

they created a virus where the only thing you had to do to erradicate it was to stay home on the couch for 2 weeks and watch Oprah, and society still found a way to fuсk it all up.

A British study finds protection against the delta variant from the Pfizer-BioNTech and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines weakens within 90 days after the second dose.

The authors noted that two doses of either vaccine still gave at least the same level of protection as after getting a natural coronavirus infection.

The study also said people who were vaccinated after a COVID-19 infection had even more protection than vaccinated individuals who had not had COVID-19.

Also, vaccinated people infected with the delta variant carried “similar peak levels of virus” as unvaccinated people, whereas with the alpha variant, the virus load was much lower in those infected after vaccination.

If I have to get booster shots for the Kungflu every fuggin 8 months, I'm buying a house next door to Dr.Fauci and throwing dogchiit on his sidewalk every day...and I don't even have a dog.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Bwana said:

If I have to get booster shots for the Kungflu every fuggin 8 months, I'm buying a house next door to Dr.Fauci and throwing dogchiit on his sidewalk every day...and I don't even have a dog.

I'm at least going to get tested for antibodies before a booster...but kind of in between a rock and a hard place with this crap right now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I'm at least going to get tested for antibodies before a booster...but kind of in between a rock and a hard place with this crap right now.

That makes 2 of us, I probably have no choice in my life...so just fcuk !

• Like 1

The biggest fallacy that the vaxers are spreading is that just because you're vaccinated, you all of a sudden cannot transmit covid and that's their reasoning behind mandating it. 

Just like with the flu, you can he vaccinated and still transmit it. Mandating the vaccine will only out people who are sensitive to vaccines at risk because now apparently medical exemptions are becoming shunned away at risk for mortality and other things. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

The biggest fallacy that the vaxers are spreading is that just because you're vaccinated, you all of a sudden cannot transmit covid and that's their reasoning behind mandating it. 

Just like with the flu, you can he vaccinated and still transmit it. Mandating the vaccine will only out people who are sensitive to vaccines at risk because now apparently medical exemptions are becoming shunned away at risk for mortality and other things. 

I've been watching Karen's claiming the antivaxers are causing all of the mutations which is leading to our current deaths. I point out that the Delta Variant was identified months before a vaccine was approved. I also explain that scientists say a vaccine won't get rid of rhe virus so it will continue to spread and mutate but at a possibly slower rate. They just start moving goal posts. 

They claim to want everyone to trust the scientists but ignore it when facts don't fit their narrative. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I've been watching Karen's claiming the antivaxers are causing all of the mutations which is leading to our current deaths. I point out that the Delta Variant was identified months before a vaccine was approved. I also explain that scientists say a vaccine won't get rid of rhe virus so it will continue to spread and mutate but at a possibly slower rate. They just start moving goal posts. 

They claim to want everyone to trust the scientists but ignore it when facts don't fit their narrative. 

Valid point: So what to do next ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Should have let the virus run it's course, develop better vaccines over time and not tank the economy. 99.7% survival rate. Average age of death was 78. Protect those people. Not cage everyone up. I worked a year around covid patients, incubating, extubating, chest tubes, etc. Tested over 100 times, all negative. 

Less emphasis on masks and vaccines and more emphasis on proper hand hygiene. That's what I contribute to my success. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Not sure, people who can get the vaccine probably should to try to cut down on deaths and buy us some time. I'm not sure if we can develop more effective vaccines over time to try to get the numbers down to a manageable level.  

3 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Should have let the virus run it's course, develop better vaccines over time and not tank the economy. 99.7% survival rate. Average age of death was 78. Protect those people. Not cage everyone up. I worked a year around covid patients, incubating, extubating, chest tubes, etc. Tested over 100 times, all negative. 

Less emphasis on masks and vaccines and more emphasis on proper hand hygiene. That's what I contribute to my success. 

We should probably start emphasizing the need for diet and exercise as well. Keeping people from going outside was the worst thing we could have done. 

It's been about 20 months since covid hit, you could make a lot of progress in that time if you are disciplined. Instead the population is gaining weight. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Then we should skip the Booster and following Boosters ?...honest question.

7 hours ago, juice64011 said:

We should probably start emphasizing the need for diet and exercise as well. Keeping people from going outside was the worst thing we could have done. 

It's been about 20 months since covid hit, you could make a lot of progress in that time if you are disciplined. Instead the population is gaining weight. 

This is a HUGE point imo. 

I had a mate in Sweden who probably tips the scales at 110 KG+ at the start of the pandemic, so was very nervous about getting it. 18 months on and he's put on 15 KG.

I haven't heard a single piece of official advice saying that if you're at risk because of high cholesterol etc then get your fat **** down the gym. 

A lot of folk think that Sweden has done okay despite spending zero days in lockdown is because they have very low obesity levels here. 

• Like 1

for what it's worth, i have an acquaintance who is in super good shape, eats very clean, takes tons of supplements, and is maybe late 40s/early 50s.....and got rekt for 3.5 weeks from covid...took another 3.5 weeks to get back to exercising like normal.

A different friend who is mid-60s, decent shape, takes supplements (i'm not sure which ones but I know Ivermectin is one of them)...got Delta, was better in 5 days....He is urging all of his friends to get a prophylactic dose of Ivermectin and something else i cant remember.

Edited by SVTContour98