Jump to content

Corona Virus Thread


VertFTW
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

The problem is that I know insurance companies are still being milked by these hospitals. That is a majority of the reason for the hospitals being backed up.

My girlfriend's dad had Covid. He also has some immaculate insurance. So when he showed up at the doctor slightly run down, but feeling okay for the most part, they tested him for Covid and found out he was positive, and shipped him over to the hospital. They immediately hooked him up to a ventilator he didn't necessarily need and kept him for two days. I believe the hospital charges their insurance somewhere in the range of $3,000 for a bed overnight. Did he need any of that? Probably not. They said his "oxygen levels were low", but he was breathing fine. 

So I take all of this overreaction to Covid with a grain of salt. It is the medical industry, after all. This is the same people that will charge you $50 for an Aspirin in the ER. They aren't suddenly trustworthy.

We have 2 of the best hospital systems in the region where I live. Recently they let go of a bunch of nurses and doctors who worked through covid the entire time but didn't want to get vaccinated. Many report that they already had covid so according to new studies they are more protected than vaccinated people.

A few weeks later and they are saying that we are at capacity due to covid patients. They also report we have 500 regular patients and only 36 covid patients. 

It's not that we are out of space, it's that we don't have enough nurses and doctors because they fired them. We have full floors that are not being used. 

🤡

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

The problem is that I know insurance companies are still being milked by these hospitals. That is a majority of the reason for the hospitals being backed up.

My girlfriend's dad had Covid. He also has some immaculate insurance. So when he showed up at the doctor slightly run down, but feeling okay for the most part, they tested him for Covid and found out he was positive, and shipped him over to the hospital. They immediately hooked him up to a ventilator he didn't necessarily need and kept him for two days. I believe the hospital charges their insurance somewhere in the range of $3,000 for a bed overnight. Did he need any of that? Probably not. They said his "oxygen levels were low", but he was breathing fine. 

So I take all of this overreaction to Covid with a grain of salt. It is the medical industry, after all. This is the same people that will charge you $50 for an Aspirin in the ER. They aren't suddenly trustworthy.

I've seen it myself working in the ER. Doctors admitting patients that don't need to be admitted because census is low. Before Covid, administration was pushing to admit for the most retarded diagnosis to be admitted. 

 

And the thing is insurances have a standard amount of days they'll pay for a diagnosis. Let's say you come into the ER with symptoms of a UTI with change in mental status etc etc. most insurances say that they'll pay for 3 days of inpatient stay for that UTI. After the three days are up, the doctor can say they have to stay with another diagnosis and the hospital will get paid. 

 

Also, put this into perspective. A cardiothoracic surgeon generates a hospital roughly $55 million annually in revenue, but now the science is changing and all these heart surgeries that were once considered mandatory are now being found unnecessary. That's why Cardiothoracic surgeons pay is on the decline. 

 

Less revenue  for the hospital = less pay for the doc. 

 

I'm not 100% on insurances as I'm a PA but I learned about from the docs i worked with about that chit. It's a game of cat and mouse. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

We have 2 of the best hospital systems in the region where I live. Recently they let go of a bunch of nurses and doctors who worked through covid the entire time but didn't want to get vaccinated. Many report that they already had covid so according to new studies they are more protected than vaccinated people.

A few weeks later and they are saying that we are at capacity due to covid patients. They also report we have 500 regular patients and only 36 covid patients. 

It's not that we are out of space, it's that we don't have enough nurses and doctors because they fired them. We have full floors that are not being used. 

🤡

 

Not only that but nurses are leaving hospitals to go work for agencies. My woman was offered a traveling gig to goto Texas recently for $8k/week and all expenses paid. 

 

Theyre sick of working for $35/hr and being told that there's no money for raises but here's a pizza party for your hard work. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

 

Not only that but nurses are leaving hospitals to go work for agencies. My woman was offered a traveling gig to goto Texas recently for $8k/week and all expenses paid. 

 

Theyre sick of working for $35/hr and being told that there's no money for raises but here's a pizza party for your hard work. 

I have a friend that has been traveling to Texas for a couple of years as well. Its a ton of flying back and forth and she has 4 kids but she said she can't pass up the money. She's making considerably more than her and her husband were combined previously. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

We have 2 of the best hospital systems in the region where I live. Recently they let go of a bunch of nurses and doctors who worked through covid the entire time but didn't want to get vaccinated. Many report that they already had covid so according to new studies they are more protected than vaccinated people.

A few weeks later and they are saying that we are at capacity due to covid patients. They also report we have 500 regular patients and only 36 covid patients. 

It's not that we are out of space, it's that we don't have enough nurses and doctors because they fired them. We have full floors that are not being used. 

🤡

they should turn the empty rooms into gloryhole booths.

Edited by -idyb-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(CNN) — More than 80% of Americans have some level of immunity against the coronavirus, mostly through vaccination, a survey of blood donations indicates.

The survey, led by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, also indicates that about twice as many people have been infected with the virus as have been officially counted. More than 39 million Americans have been diagnosed with coronavirus infection since the pandemic started in 2020.

The team, led by the CDC’s Dr. Jefferson Jones, set out to determine how close the US might be to some kind of herd immunity — although they do not claim to have any kind of handle on that yet.

They worked with 17 blood collection organizations working in all 50 states plus Washington, DC, and Puerto Rico to test blood covering 74% of the population. In the end, they tested about 1.4 million samples.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SavageTC said:

to hell with that nonsense. just give them some horse dewormer, some fish tank cleaner, and a shot of bleach and then shove an ultra violet light bulb up their аssholes and send them on their way. yeah science!

this kind of shіt wouldnt even be up for discussion if these filthy bogans would have just stayed safe and used a gloryhole.  the only reason why this virus is spreading is because people are raw dogging $5 hookers in an alleyway on $2 coupon night and these bіtches arent even wearing a facemask, let alone a brown paper bag over their heads and a canadian flag wrapped around them while they are being fuсked for their country.

Edited by -idyb-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/3/2021 at 6:23 PM, -idyb- said:

 

Oklahoma's ERs are so backed up with people overdosing on ivermectin that gunshot victims are having to wait to be treated, a doctor says

https://www.insider.com/oklahomas-emergency-rooms-are-clogged-with-people-overdosing-on-ivermectin-2021-9

A doctor in rural Oklahoma said the number of people overdosing on the deworming medication ivermectin was so high that emergency rooms were filled to the brim.

The situation is so dire that people with gunshot wounds have to wait their turn to get treatment, Dr. Jason McElyea, an ER physician affiliated with hospitals in Sallisaw, told KFOR, an NBC affiliate in Oklahoma City.

McElyea spoke to the channel this week about the dangers of overdosing on the version of ivermectin meant for use in livestock. He said the hospitals he worked at became overwhelmed after people started taking ivermectin, believing unverified claims that it's an effective COVID-19 treatment.

 

this is almost as silly as the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. over in my area all the shops have put their livestock dewormer behind the counter  and asking for veterinary records to show you  own horses before they will sell you  anything containing ivermectin.  all because of a bunch of conspiracy theorists who cant get prescriptions for the medication made for human consumption ,they  are going to shops and buying **** made for thousand pound animals with all kind of additives in there that isnt meant for human consumption. not to mention its easy to overdose off that stuff when its hard to portion it out for a human dosage when the active ingredient is measured in like 10-12 milligrams per 240 pounds of body weight or some chit.

i guess people dont trust big pharma for their vaccines due to  their concerns about the long term risk , but have no problem taking a bunch of unproven horse dewormer/malaria treatment made by big pharma the moment they get sick from the china hoax, all because they would rather believe a  bunch of wackadoodle conspiracies theyve read off the internet rather than a vaccine that would probably save their lives and save them a costly trip to the hospital.  this snake oil seems to be doing nothing more than boosting up the number of calls to the poison control centers, but hey. let darwinism take its course i guess.  at least when things go south they wont go out with worms or dengue fever.

This entire story was fake news.

One Hospital Denies Oklahoma Doctor’s Story of Ivermectin Overdoses Causing ER Delays for Gunshot Victims

The hospital says it hasn’t experienced any care backlog due to patients overdosing on a drug that’s been falsely peddled as a covid cure

Associated Press

Update: One hospital has denied Dr. Jason McElyea’s claim that ivermectin overdoses are causing emergency room backlogs and delays in medical care in rural Oklahoma, and Rolling Stone has been unable to independently verify any such cases as of the time of this update.

The National Poison Data System states there were 459 reported cases of ivermectin overdose in the United States in August. Oklahoma-specific ivermectin overdose figures are not available, but the count is unlikely to be a significant factor in hospital bed availability in a state that, per the CDC, currently has a 7-day average of 1,528 Covid-19 hospitalizations. The doctor is affiliated with a medical staffing group that serves multiple hospitals in Oklahoma. Following widespread publication of his statements, one hospital that the doctor’s group serves, NHS Sequoyah, said its ER has not treated any ivermectin overdoses and that it has not had to turn away anyone seeking care. This and other hospitals that the doctor’s group serves did not respond to requests for comment and the doctor has not responded to requests for further comment. We will update if we receive more information.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole Ivermectin story isn't total "quackery". It is approved for humans, for parasitic infections, and they have been experimenting on using it to treat viral infections, but it's not approved for viral infections.  However, if you don't believe the covid vaccines should be approved, then you probably shouldn't believe Ivermectin is safe, either.

Edited by classicboxer
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

This entire story was fake news.

One Hospital Denies Oklahoma Doctor’s Story of Ivermectin Overdoses Causing ER Delays for Gunshot Victims

The hospital says it hasn’t experienced any care backlog due to patients overdosing on a drug that’s been falsely peddled as a covid cure

Associated Press

Update: One hospital has denied Dr. Jason McElyea’s claim that ivermectin overdoses are causing emergency room backlogs and delays in medical care in rural Oklahoma, and Rolling Stone has been unable to independently verify any such cases as of the time of this update.

The National Poison Data System states there were 459 reported cases of ivermectin overdose in the United States in August. Oklahoma-specific ivermectin overdose figures are not available, but the count is unlikely to be a significant factor in hospital bed availability in a state that, per the CDC, currently has a 7-day average of 1,528 Covid-19 hospitalizations. The doctor is affiliated with a medical staffing group that serves multiple hospitals in Oklahoma. Following widespread publication of his statements, one hospital that the doctor’s group serves, NHS Sequoyah, said its ER has not treated any ivermectin overdoses and that it has not had to turn away anyone seeking care. This and other hospitals that the doctor’s group serves did not respond to requests for comment and the doctor has not responded to requests for further comment. We will update if we receive more information.

aaah for fook sakes i love me some fake news but at least some unknown person claimiig to be working from some  hospital out there somewhere, probably in malaysia and cleaning toilets and butholes for all we know, has shot this guy down while trying to downplay a bunch of idiots overdosing on horse dewormer

Edited by -idyb-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two breaking pieces of personal Corona news.

Firstly, after 5 attempts to get back to the UK over the past 18 months, it looks like we'll finally make it back tomorrow.  Passed the antigen test yesterday (even if it made me feel like Arnie in True Lies trying to pull his bug out of his nose), and it's too late for the UK to change the regulations again.  We don't even have to quarantine when we get back. Happy days.

In other news, Sweden announced yesterday that all remaining restrictions will be lifted at the end of the month.  At the moment, all that's in place are recommendations to work from home, recommendations to wear a mask at rush hour, and a limit of 50 people meeting indoors at once. So not a huge change, but feels good that they're basically saying let's get on with it. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how the Swedes have handled this; I think their approach has ultimately prevailed when compared with the more draconian models of NZ/Oz, or the rather chaotic ones chosen by the UK and US.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/8/2021 at 11:56 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Two breaking pieces of personal Corona news.

Firstly, after 5 attempts to get back to the UK over the past 18 months, it looks like we'll finally make it back tomorrow.  Passed the antigen test yesterday (even if it made me feel like Arnie in True Lies trying to pull his bug out of his nose), and it's too late for the UK to change the regulations again.  We don't even have to quarantine when we get back. Happy days.

In other news, Sweden announced yesterday that all remaining restrictions will be lifted at the end of the month.  At the moment, all that's in place are recommendations to work from home, recommendations to wear a mask at rush hour, and a limit of 50 people meeting indoors at once. So not a huge change, but feels good that they're basically saying let's get on with it. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how the Swedes have handled this; I think their approach has ultimately prevailed when compared with the more draconian models of NZ/Oz, or the rather chaotic ones chosen by the UK and US.

So I'm too late to have you stopped at the border?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, crangs said:

So I'm too late to have you stopped at the border?

holy shіt m8 i thought you died in a car fire a long time ago. i guess you must have been reserectioned

  the population of this forum has now doubled overnight.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

holy shіt m8 i thought you died in a car fire a long time ago. i guess you must have been reserectioned

  the population of this forum has now doubled overnight.

just checking if I wasn't the only one here who died from the rona, m8.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, crangs said:

just checking if I wasn't the only one here who died from the rona, m8.   

you probably were. the rest of us all wear our facemasks when we post.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been quite interesting being back in the UK for a week.  I've literally never been asked to put a mask on in Sweden; it's happened twice already in the UK.  One of those was in a tea shop full of fat people stuffing their faces with cake.  None of them were wearing masks, but for some reason, i was asked to wear a mask between entering the shop and sitting down at a table.

It didn't bother me sticking a mask on for 15 seconds, so I duly obliged in the interests of harmony, but it's hard to understand the rationale behind it. If you really want to make a difference, instead of mandating that a perfectly fit and healthy person wear a mask (who incidentally has passed two Covid tests in the past 5 days), suggest to your customers that they make more healthy choices so they are better able to fight off disease when it gets them.

Masks are wayyyyy more prevalent here. They are no longer mandatory anywhere, but I reckon about 90% were wearing them in the supermarket.  In Sweden, even at the very height of the breakout it was at most 10%.  Presumably this is why Sweden has had so many more deaths and cases than the UK...oh wait...🙄.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's been quite interesting being back in the UK for a week.  I've literally never been asked to put a mask on in Sweden; it's happened twice already in the UK.  One of those was in a tea shop full of fat people stuffing their faces with cake.  None of them were wearing masks, but for some reason, i was asked to wear a mask between entering the shop and sitting down at a table.

It didn't bother me sticking a mask on for 15 seconds, so I duly obliged in the interests of harmony, but it's hard to understand the rationale behind it. If you really want to make a difference, instead of mandating that a perfectly fit and healthy person wear a mask (who incidentally has passed two Covid tests in the past 5 days), suggest to your customers that they make more healthy choices so they are better able to fight off disease when it gets them.

Masks are wayyyyy more prevalent here. They are no longer mandatory anywhere, but I reckon about 90% were wearing them in the supermarket.  In Sweden, even at the very height of the breakout it was at most 10%.  Presumably this is why Sweden has had so many more deaths and cases than the UK...oh wait...🙄.

 

Tell those Wickles to stop being obese pigs and to brush their damn tooth!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's been quite interesting being back in the UK for a week.  I've literally never been asked to put a mask on in Sweden; it's happened twice already in the UK.  One of those was in a tea shop full of fat people stuffing their faces with cake.  None of them were wearing masks, but for some reason, i was asked to wear a mask between entering the shop and sitting down at a table.

It didn't bother me sticking a mask on for 15 seconds, so I duly obliged in the interests of harmony, but it's hard to understand the rationale behind it. If you really want to make a difference, instead of mandating that a perfectly fit and healthy person wear a mask (who incidentally has passed two Covid tests in the past 5 days), suggest to your customers that they make more healthy choices so they are better able to fight off disease when it gets them.

Masks are wayyyyy more prevalent here. They are no longer mandatory anywhere, but I reckon about 90% were wearing them in the supermarket.  In Sweden, even at the very height of the breakout it was at most 10%.  Presumably this is why Sweden has had so many more deaths and cases than the UK...oh wait...🙄.

 

Doesn't England have like 5 times the population of Sweden in half the space?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, classicboxer said:

Doesn't England have like 5 times the population of Sweden in half the space?

Indeed it does.  England has roughly 10x the population density of Sweden.  That's kind of misleading though; Sweden actually has a higher percentage of people living in cities than England.  It's population density is so much lower because vast chunks of Sweden are virtually uninhabited.

Sweden has had 1400 deaths/million population with virtually no mitigation in place. UK has had 1900 deaths/million population with multiple lockdowns and mask mandates in place.  This can't be explained away with population densities IMO.  It seems more likely that healthy living and personal responsibility have trumped lockdowns and masks.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's been quite interesting being back in the UK for a week.  I've literally never been asked to put a mask on in Sweden; it's happened twice already in the UK.  One of those was in a tea shop full of fat people stuffing their faces with cake.  None of them were wearing masks, but for some reason, i was asked to wear a mask between entering the shop and sitting down at a table.

It didn't bother me sticking a mask on for 15 seconds, so I duly obliged in the interests of harmony, but it's hard to understand the rationale behind it. If you really want to make a difference, instead of mandating that a perfectly fit and healthy person wear a mask (who incidentally has passed two Covid tests in the past 5 days), suggest to your customers that they make more healthy choices so they are better able to fight off disease when it gets them.

Masks are wayyyyy more prevalent here. They are no longer mandatory anywhere, but I reckon about 90% were wearing them in the supermarket.  In Sweden, even at the very height of the breakout it was at most 10%.  Presumably this is why Sweden has had so many more deaths and cases than the UK...oh wait...🙄.

 

swedish ladies are way more attractive and they don't deserve to ware a face mask. 

the english ladies tho... 🤔🙃

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It's been quite interesting being back in the UK for a week.  I've literally never been asked to put a mask on in Sweden; it's happened twice already in the UK.  One of those was in a tea shop full of fat people stuffing their faces with cake.  None of them were wearing masks, but for some reason, i was asked to wear a mask between entering the shop and sitting down at a table.

It didn't bother me sticking a mask on for 15 seconds, so I duly obliged in the interests of harmony, but it's hard to understand the rationale behind it. If you really want to make a difference, instead of mandating that a perfectly fit and healthy person wear a mask (who incidentally has passed two Covid tests in the past 5 days), suggest to your customers that they make more healthy choices so they are better able to fight off disease when it gets them.

Masks are wayyyyy more prevalent here. They are no longer mandatory anywhere, but I reckon about 90% were wearing them in the supermarket.  In Sweden, even at the very height of the breakout it was at most 10%.  Presumably this is why Sweden has had so many more deaths and cases than the UK...oh wait...🙄.

 

I just did the same thing going from Wisconsin to Illinois. Ate lunch and wandered around in packed shops in Lake Geneva, not a single mask. Stop back in Illinois at a gas station on the way home, masks mandated so everyone in public has one on. But I have to believe a large number of people along the border where I came from go back and forth a lot like I do.

The whole thing is silly at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

I just did the same thing going from Wisconsin to Illinois. Ate lunch and wandered around in packed shops in Lake Geneva, not a single mask. Stop back in Illinois at a gas station on the way home, masks mandated so everyone in public has one on. But I have to believe a large number of people along the border where I came from go back and forth a lot like I do.

The whole thing is silly at this point.

I'm seriously thinking that the next time someone asks me to wear a mask to walk to a table 10 feet away I'll just hold my breath instead. Pretty sure that would be way more effective. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm seriously thinking that the next time someone asks me to wear a mask to walk to a table 10 feet away I'll just hold my breath instead. Pretty sure that would be way more effective. 

We've been doing that silly chit for months here. 

I actually stopped going to one of the diners I like because the girl there was being a weirdo about wearing a mask to walk to a table. It was just so stupid of a policy that I refuse to blame the state. I blame the idiot who enforces it as at their business.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Thats the glory hole option.

Her mouth never stops moving, has to be good for something eventually. 

i dont know about your gloryhole, but over here i check for ID but not vaccination status

and i dont know how many burned up trees have to get chopped down just to manufacture the brown paper bag i would have to put over greta's face before i carve a gloryhole in for the mouth and skullfuсk her in the name of climate change

Edited by -idyb-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 3:05 AM, MoZZez said:

So you are showing us you are a portly boy with a single tooth, while also riding a short bus to school.

 

Good to know.

I have all my front teeth and a killer smile..

 

I could steal all your munters, with just a look. I won’t though, as I don’t want Hepatitis A/B/C

 

 

On a side note. I used to walk to school most of the time. There was no ‘Special Yellow Bus’ for me… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I have all my front teeth and a killer smile..

 

I could steal all your munters, with just a look. I won’t though, as I don’t want Hepatitis A/B/C

 

 

On a side note. I used to walk to school most of the time. There was no ‘Special Yellow Bus’ for me… 

did you take the short sidewalk to school?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Sweden's Public Health Agency on Wednesday recommended a temporary halt to the use of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine among young adults, citing concerns over rare side effects to the heart. It said the pause should initially be in force until December 1, explaining that it had received evidence of an increased risk of side effects such as inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis) and inflammation of the pericardium (pericarditis).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@juice64011 shaming me with the Swedish corona news...

Actually speaking of which, we officially lifted all the few remaining restrictions (apart from non-EU travel) last Thursday.  Appreciate that there is still some way to go in this thing, but I think Sweden's hands-off approach has been thoroughly vindicated. Not sure it would necessarily work everywhere, but all the doom-mongers and nay-sayers were predicting half a million dead Swedes by this time, and it's actually around 14,500.

For deaths per head of population, Sweden sits 17th highest in Europe out of 31.  Currently they've got an average of 600 cases a day and around 6 deaths a day, and the current number of people in ICU is about 36.  Crucially, we have still had 0 days of lockdown, less than 2 weeks of school's being closed and nobody was furloughed.  The economic, long-term health and mental health impacts are difficult to calculate, but the last 18 months has felt to most Swedes like a minor inconvenience, rather than a horrific life-changing period.

Meanwhile, I've got a mate in Australia who is getting married in a couple of weeks and can't have her family from the next state in attendance, although they could all in theory fly to South Africa together to have the wedding.

Common Sense and Healthy Living >> hysteria and quasi-fascist controls.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...