VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

New studies show that warm, humid weather might slow the virus - which could mean the pandemic might ease during the coming summer months for North America and Europe.

But Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a prominent member of the White House's coronavirus task force, said America needs to be ready in case it comes back in the fall.

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

This escalated quickly,

have any of you been running a temp over 100 F for 4 or 5 days ?

Yup, symptoms were mild and I'm working from home so never got checked. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

New studies show that warm, humid weather might slow the virus - which could mean the pandemic might ease during the coming summer months for North America and Europe.

But Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a prominent member of the White House's coronavirus task force, said America needs to be ready in case it comes back in the fall.

COVID is lol-ing at the New Orleans heat and humidity right now

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 2

Just now, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

to be fair, nobody gets tested unless they are nearly dead.

Our hospitals developed their own tests and process them in their own lab so its getting easier where I live. We have zero deaths and only like 36 confirmed cases but they've done a couple of thousand tests in the last two weeks and are waiting on the results for hundreds more. Turnaround is 24-48 hours so it's faster than CDC too. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

"Our hospitals developed their own tests"

I give up

Oh, please enlighten us. You already tried telling us about the impact on US food industry.  I'm sure you are an expert on this as well. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

What absolute horsechit you speak. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Currently, states with warm humid weather in Oz are in lock down. 

I worked outside finishing up barn duties and workshop changes, rode my horses for about an hour, then shot my bow for 2 hours, then shot guns for 1 hour, then drank beer for 2 hours, took a nap before the wife rolled in....this COVID isolation chiit is easy.

I'm going to change it up tomorrow and drink for 3 hours, then ride the horses.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

I worked outside finishing up barn duties and workshop changes, rode my horses for about an hour, then shot my bow for 2 hours, then shot guns for 1 hour, then drank beer for 2 hours, took a nap before the wife rolled in....this COVID isolation chiit is easy.

I'm going to change it up tomorrow and drink for 3 hours, then ride the horses.

As long as you play this on repeat I don't have a problem.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Oh, please enlighten us. You already tried telling us about the impact on US food industry.  I'm sure you are an expert on this as well. 

nope. i'm an expert on how military reacts.

i only did it for 20 plus years.

14 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

I just thought it was interesting that he changed the narrative. Before they said it's here to stay and wouldn't die down until we create a vaccine. Considering what's going on elsewhere I don't understand what info they saw to change that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

nope. i'm an expert on how military reacts.

i only did it for 20 plus years.

Congratulations you were a lifelong grunt and now you're a miserable kunt. What amazing achievements. PS not sure what the fook your military experience has to do with covid19 testing, but I'm sure you can trust your dribble to fit it somehow.  Have at it

16 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

What absolute horsechit you speak. 

lol

59 percent of service/ex service people are tested.

what percentage of you civvies are getting tested?

you are a ****ing civvie clown, live with it

“This was a tremendous effort on the part of our team to rapidly validate and launch our own internal testing,” said Dr. Allison Suttle, chief medical officer for Sanford Health. “Our testing will deliver faster results, enabling us to provide responsive care and keep our patients and staff safe.”

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I just thought it was interesting that he changed the narrative. Before they said it's here to stay and wouldn't die down until we create a vaccine. Considering what's going on elsewhere I don't understand what info they saw to change that. 

Ah OK. Generally when I've seen the humidity / warmer climate idea it's come along with the stats about countries that are humid. Thing is the ones with lower stats eg South Korea and Singapore put strict control methods in early.  I was in Singapore last week and they didn't even blink at us entering the airport.  Fairly sure they had infra red cameras detecting heat from the gates or sooner and only checked people that were significantly higher than the rest. The plane was noticibly colder than usual on the descent too which was interesting 

Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

lol

All you need to get tested here is to exhibit two or more key symptoms and a doctors referral and you're done in twenty minutes without exiting your car. Not everybody needs to get tested,  you absolute retarded Idiot.  

Edited by Ozpride

5 minutes ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

lol

Pointing out that someone wasn't dumb enough or had more choices than join the slaves in the military is not an insult btw. 

yep

oz is clear and testing is perfect

pointless me contributing further.

north america, enjoy your riots,

south america, oh dear.

africa, ****ed.

europe, second wave will be a bastard,

Finally something truthful. 

• Haha 1

5 months, typical australian trade/business/society has gone

get with it, your life has gone.

More absolute garbage lol 

Businesses are diversifying here. Given your career and body of work on this forum I'm fairly sure you're not familiar with that word.  

Edited by Ozpride

8 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Expect a knock on your door. 

If it's this guy do not answer. 

854081161001_6144327003001_6144329476001

how the fook do u expect me to answer  the door with my pants around my ankles?  it definately wont be for this guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Our hospitals developed their own tests and process them in their own lab so its getting easier where I live. We have zero deaths and only like 36 confirmed cases but they've done a couple of thousand tests in the last two weeks and are waiting on the results for hundreds more. Turnaround is 24-48 hours so it's faster than CDC too. 

Of course, you have zero deaths, your state has half the population of Manhattan. You guys should be fine, social distancing is your way of life out there. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

It's the nonsense that people have been peddling to downplay the virus. Drumpf said it would die with the warm weather and then someone decided to ask Australia how that was going and that lie fell out of fashion for a couple weeks.

Yesterday they said thousands of people would commit suicide if we didn't reopen the economy in 2 weeks LOL. Now they're dusting off the classics I see. 

Just now, 12еr said:

Of course, you have zero deaths, your state has half the population of Manhattan. You guys should be fine, social distancing is your way of life out there. 

We are pretty much completely shutting down with MN for two more weeks as well so it definitely won't be bad here.

I'm waiting to confirm but I heard today that the Senior Living center in my hometown has a confirmed case. That could be tough for them since it's a small community. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

We are pretty much completely shutting down with MN for two more weeks as well so it definitely won't be bad here.

I'm waiting to confirm but I heard today that the Senior Living center in my hometown has a confirmed case. That could be tough for them since it's a small community. 

The one in Vancouver is accounting for just about every death in the province. Add in more of the seniors having the virus, more will be passing in the near future.

6 minutes ago, 12еr said:

It's the nonsense that people have been peddling to downplay the virus. Drumpf said it would die with the warm weather and then someone decided to ask Australia how that was going and that lie fell out of fashion for a couple weeks.

Yesterday they said thousands of people would commit suicide if we didn't reopen the economy in 2 weeks LOL. Now they're dusting off the classics I see. 

Lolk.jpg

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

COVID is lol-ing at the New Orleans heat and humidity right now

This lol^^ 

On the topic of opening back up that can change and likely will accordingly. They're not doing that everywhere just on certain regions that aren't as effected & it will be based on the data they get about how to handle each area specifically. A one size fits all is stupid, wasteful & leaves us more vulnerable. 

It's already clear most Americans already can't handle isolation and a slowdown for long periods. We can't go lock down & let the stock markets & people bleed everyday for months. Us introverts that can sit tight will be fine but many will degenerate too quickly and there is a whole host of things to consider besides possible civil unrest. 

Market manipulation, fraud, cold wars, terrorism, cyber attacks, hurricane season fast approaching. There are other things on the table to consider besides the covid threat. 

If we get to a point where we're too fragile and too focused to fight multiple things at once then it won't take much to severely cripple us for yrs. We could lose all our gainz and our position on the world stage drop fast. 

IDK it that's the right strategy but the idea is we laser focus where we can but not lose sight of the big picture. Might have to take some short term L's for the long game. It will be very necessary if anything else big comes up. 

General public can't really see that big picture but it's the president & and his admin job to. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

nobody can escape it, it is gonna reach 92 to 94 percent of us.

over 50, smokers, being overweight, males, blood type a, are more at risk, but lots of young people have it too.

Can you just black out and shut the fook up already? You win.  You're the dumbest depressed idiot here.  Contardulations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Putin & Russian State Media: Ve vould like to invite all with symptom to factory near you for free testing & case of Russian vodka. 

Citizens with symptoms rush to factories.....

Russian Speznaz on stand-by with orders to pew pew anyone that walks in the door. 

Problem solve tenor.gif

• Like 2

As official fora historian, I'm ashamed to admit that i forget where the Stanley/OzPride beef originated. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

@stehilton94, did you get your results back?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

As official fora historian, I'm ashamed to admit that i forget where the Stanley/OzPride beef originated. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Right on time!  I was waiting for you to come and tell me off for slapping the village idiot. 

There isn't a beef!  I just can't handle miserable monotonous twats and I have even less patience than usual atm moment.  

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

Right on time!  I was waiting for you to come and tell me off for slapping the village idiot. 

There isn't a beef!  I just can't handle miserable monotonous twats and I have even less patience than usual atm moment.  

Who's telling anyone off? 

I just have a feeling there's a backstory but can't recall it. Didn't you too have a spat over islam once or something?

Now go to the naughty step and think about what you've done ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Who's telling anyone off? 

I just have a feeling there's a backstory but can't recall it. Didn't you too have a spat over islam once or something?

Now go to the naughty step and think about what you've done ?

No he ran off when me and Clegg tag teamed him about the false flag at an Ariana Grande concert 

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

1 hour ago, Ozpride said:

I can't tell you that, but I can tell you how the Ozpride/ Robert Sparks beef started.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 12еr said:

I can't tell you that, but I can tell you how the Ozpride/ Robert Sparks beef started.

You know damn well there is no such thing 

Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

Only because you know Robert the scholar would expose you and New Zealand's terrible education system.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

They will not divide us Brother!

YNWA

• Thanks 1

got white girl wasted last night and now im fooking morbidly hungover. id rather have the coronavirus

14 hours ago, 12еr said:

A woman I work with, that I used to shoot the **** with when I would go on smoke breaks, recently told me she has lung cancer.

holy chit bro i didnt know u were a junkie

2 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Only because you know Robert the scholar would expose you and New Zealand's terrible education system.

New Zealand's education system. 

Lesson 1. Move Somewhere else.  

Congratulations you graduated bro!

@crangs close enough?  

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

nowt wrong with eating squirrel, I've done it for years whilst fishing and camping.

I once ate a rat after I'd accidentally killed it after setting up a figure 4 trap.

Even with spices, rat tastes like rat.

i think ive pinpointed the original source of the coronavirus.   shame on you crom

9 hours ago, Ozpride said:

is there anywhere in australia that doesnt have hot weather?

9 hours ago, StanleyTheBricklayer said:

thats basically how its going down here.    if ur morbidly ill ur supposed to call 811 and stay on the phone for 8 hours waiting just to talk to someone.