VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

fooking long weekend was long . i shouldnt have gotten my plank on

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I feel ya. I almost had to call the cart narcs @ Walmart earlier. 🤣 Lazy fks leaving their baskets in the parking spots. Meanwhile you got like 3 greeters standing at the entrance with barricades not doing a damn thing. Literally just standing there with a mask on & that's somehow an essential job smfh

When i got out of there they had another dude with his daughter in his arm and he walked his cart back to the corral. I gave him a thumbs up & told him respect for taking your cart back where it belongs. Wish everyone did that instead of being lazy. 

ive been itching to give someone chit about their lazy bones ever since i watched all of those cart narc videos, but i still havent came across one here

i guess here in canada people are polite and respectful and we park our carts in the cart corral where they belong

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Facebook.thumb.jpg.6f76a1bacdffce3fd406e6d2e7148821.jpg

@Bohemoglu13

We've reached the Tyrant Stage 5 level in Illinois. Freedom of speech be damned, don't bash the fat man or fear repercussions! LOL

He can kiss my ****ing ****. I'll do what I want. I'll be getting a video of myself pissing on a "stay home" sign here shortly too. Clowns.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

@Bohemoglu13

We've reached the Tyrant Stage 5 level in Illinois. Freedom of speech be damned, don't bash the fat man or fear repercussions! LOL

He can kiss my ****ing ****. I'll do what I want. I'll be getting a video of myself pissing on a "stay home" sign here shortly too. Clowns.

Do you have a source for this wild claim that isn't a random idiot?

I googled it and can't find anything to corroborate, I'm going to assume this is fake news.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

Do you have a source for this wild claim that isn't a random idiot?

I googled it and can't find anything to corroborate, I'm going to assume this is fake news.

there is only one way to debunk this

talk some mad chit about governor pritzker on facebook. at the very least, call him a spaghetti wigger and inform him that his mouth is a richard holster.

• Confused 1

Don't worry folks, the weekly Swedish Corona update is now here!

We are now proudly top of the table for deaths/million of population 7 day average, having fought off stiff competition from Belgium and the UK in recent weeks.  It's looking like we will lose our top spot to Brazil pretty soon.  Also @VertFTW, Mexico is coming up on the rails FAST.  RIP in pieces

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?time=2020-04-18..&country=GBR+SWE+BEL+USA+BRA+MEX

There's actually a bit of a corona scandal going on here.  As the lurking @Genki pointed out, there are some flaws in Sweden's experiment with lives.  Their big thing has been to keep below the limit of ICU; turns out one of the ways they've done that is to tell care homes not to send their patients to ICU, but to treat them there.  This is compounded by some weird law against the use of oxygen in care homes, so it turns out quite a lot of fairly healthy people have just died in nursing homes when they would probably have lived if they were given a bit of oxygen, or sent to ICU.  Sucks to be old in communist countries folks; you can no longer contribute to the greater good so you're expendable.  Some seem okay with offering up their old folk as sacrifices to Odin; others a bit more outraged.  I'd definitely be firmly in the second camp if i had relatives here.

No chance now that they impose any further restrictions though. The peak has passed, and whilst the numbers head generally in the right direction i don't see any changes being made.  The fun part could be that there's a good chance Sweden becomes pariahs in Europe; Norway/Finland/Denmark are in advanced talks to create a Scandanavian travel "bubble", and we're being politely shunned apparently.  On the plus side, it hasn't snowed since last Wednesday.

@Conceive-Believe-Achieve, @-idyb-, don't miss out!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

We are now proudly top of the table for deaths/million of population 7 day average, having fought off stiff competition from Belgium and the UK in recent weeks.  It's looking like we will lose our top spot to Brazil pretty soon.  Also @VertFTW, Mexico is coming up on the rails FAST.  RIP in pieces

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?time=2020-04-18..&country=GBR+SWE+BEL+USA+BRA+MEX

There's actually a bit of a corona scandal going on here.  As the lurking @Genki pointed out, there are some flaws in Sweden's experiment with lives.  Their big thing has been to keep below the limit of ICU; turns out one of the ways they've done that is to tell care homes not to send their patients to ICU, but to treat them there.  This is compounded by some weird law against the use of oxygen in care homes, so it turns out quite a lot of fairly healthy people have just died in nursing homes when they would probably have lived if they were given a bit of oxygen, or sent to ICU.  Sucks to be old in communist countries folks; you can no longer contribute to the greater good so you're expendable.  Some seem okay with offering up their old folk as sacrifices to Odin; others a bit more outraged.  I'd definitely be firmly in the second camp if i had relatives here.

No chance now that they impose any further restrictions though. The peak has passed, and whilst the numbers head generally in the right direction i don't see any changes being made.  The fun part could be that there's a good chance Sweden becomes pariahs in Europe; Norway/Finland/Denmark are in advanced talks to create a Scandanavian travel "bubble", and we're being politely shunned apparently.  On the plus side, it hasn't snowed since last Wednesday.

Felt terrible laughing here but that horrific statement followed up by 'sucks to be old in communist countries folks' really did get a chuckle out of me. 

If that's true though that's all manners of ****ed up dude. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Felt terrible laughing here but that horrific statement followed up by 'sucks to be old in communist countries folks' really did get a chuckle out of me. 

If that's true though that's all manners of ****ed up dude. 

Tbf, it's more caused by Swedes blindly following regulations, and also taking forever to make decisions (both national characteristics) than something more sinister.

Basically right at the start of the whole thing, they were concerned about old people going into hospital (for other things apart from Corona), catching the virus and then bringing back the infection with them. So they said nobody from care homes is allowed into hospital, which made a certain kind of sense.  This was of course when Sweden had a handful of cases, zero deaths and the only perceived risk was that a few old people might die.  They also closed access to the public really early on, including family members, so I guess they thought that was job done.

Unfortunately they didn't change the policy once cases inevitably found their way into care homes.  Care workers likely brought the virus in, and these poor old gits just started dropping like flies.  Apparently care workers still don't have PPE equipment, the old are still not taken into ICU, and they're currently deliberating the whole oxygen issue.

You can see it in the numbers. 

About 2500 people have ended up in ICU.  Of those, only 83 have been over the age of 80; compare that with deaths and 2500 out of 3700 have been in that demographic. Something like 75% of the people who have died were in care homes at the time.

The weird thing is nobody seems so bothered about it, apart from ex-pats, and most people still blindly and blandly defend everything the government does. The fact Sweden is going a different route to the rest of the world is very much seen as a badge of honour over here.

This is like a perfect storm of ****. 

About 10,000 people in central Michigan were told to evacuate their homes after rapidly rising water overwhelmed dams, creating a "life-threatening situation," the National Weather Service said.

“If you have not evacuated the area, do so now and get somewhere safe,” said Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, while declaring a state of emergency.

Whitmer said Tuesday night that downtown Midland, a city of 42,000 about 120 miles north of Detroit, faced an especially serious flooding threat.

“In the next 12 to 15 hours, downtown Midland could be under approximately 9 feet of water," the governor said. "We are anticipating an historic high water level.”

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

About 10,000 people in central Michigan were told to evacuate their homes after rapidly rising water overwhelmed dams, creating a "life-threatening situation," the National Weather Service said.

“If you have not evacuated the area, do so now and get somewhere safe,” said Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, while declaring a state of emergency.

Whitmer said Tuesday night that downtown Midland, a city of 42,000 about 120 miles north of Detroit, faced an especially serious flooding threat.

“In the next 12 to 15 hours, downtown Midland could be under approximately 9 feet of water," the governor said. "We are anticipating an historic high water level.”

Wait.... are you allowed out of your house yet in Michigan?

51 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Wait.... are you allowed out of your house yet in Michigan?

Just dont get anything while you're out and you'll be fine 

8 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

thank god its finally wednesday! ive been waiting all god damn week for this critical update

sweden bless!

Edited by -idyb-

4 hours ago, juice64011 said:

so walmart it is then!

53 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

i'd love me some swedes 

three-beauties-by-the-pool-picture-id157

• Like 2

Minnesota Governor says restaurants can open to outdoor seating only on June 1st. Immediately the minority leader says he wants to see the science behind only being able to open outdoors. 

At this point it's like he's asking for people to riot. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, -idyb- said:

three-beauties-by-the-pool-picture-id157

The one on the left isn't a Swede, I'll take her please.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bwana said:

The one on the left isn't a Swede, I'll take her please.

oh come on. not all swedish women are blonde.

bubba will have to debunk this myth

• Confused 1

The CDC website previously explained that the virus could spread from contaminated surfaces stating that 'spread from contact from contaminated surfaces may be possible'.

The updated site looks a bit different. The CDC is now saying that the virus 'does not spread easily in other ways'.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

The CDC website previously explained that the virus could spread from contaminated surfaces stating that 'spread from contact from contaminated surfaces may be possible'.

The updated site looks a bit different. The CDC is now saying that the virus 'does not spread easily in other ways'.

Makes sense. I kinda figured that may be the case or we'd probably have way more cases even in less population dense areas. Wu flu would definitely grab more people if it was so highly contactable on surfaces. 

Some of the early findings about it being actively airborne for up to 3 hrs or so may be the case in a controlled lab study but unlikely to so easily contractible in the real world. 

There is definitely something with genes, blood types & amounts of viral load exposure it takes to contract we're missing info on since there is evidence it doesn't transmit as easily with certain genes and blood types. 

Wait are they saying surfaces is the main type of transmission method? I don't believe that if so. 

Edited by StompGrind

33 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-5.01.23-PM.png

_111900675_wfp_640-nc.png

Never realised that Nigeria was categorised into different regions for things like this. The things you learn. 

Dunno how accurate the data is (didn't check), but the population of Yemen is estimated to be around 30 million, so you are looking about half the people there. That's all kinds of ****ed up.

58 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Never realised that Nigeria was categorised into different regions for things like this. The things you learn. 

Dunno how accurate the data is (didn't check), but the population of Yemen is estimated to be around 30 million, so you are looking about half the people there. That's all kinds of ****ed up.

Yeah i didn't vet those. I just posted it because i heard about what UN was projecting for possible starvation numbers due to covid-19 & lock down panic making it worse. 

7 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Screen-Shot-2020-04-21-at-5.01.23-PM.png

_111900675_wfp_640-nc.png

will famine and starvation be recorded as corona virus deaths?

if so, its looking rather promising to pick @OGWAMBI @Ogwambi_Back_to_black @Ogwambi_the_Conqueror @Ogwambi's_Final_Stand @Ogwmbi_odoki @Ogwambi's_Salsa_Club  @Ogwambina and @OgwambiTheSecondComing in the coronavirus death pool

i dont see Uganda on the list, but im pretty sure those guys are hungry too

Edited by -idyb-

On 5/19/2020 at 11:46 AM, cashfl0w said:

@Bohemoglu13

I dont doubt this is hidden somewhere. I wish everyone in the nation got to see him as much as they see Trump. He is such an ahole. I'd like to think he got sick of hearing all the hate and that is why he is beginning to relax on his stance a bit but I also don't want to give him any credit he doesn't deserve. 

I am pretty surprised he came out and started to relax a bit and starting phase 3 everywhere but where Little Lori Lightfoot has under control. I've already gotten my hair cut and enjoy a few watering holes next door in Indiana. I never thought I'd be so excited to go to Indiana. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

I dont doubt this is hidden somewhere. I wish everyone in the nation got to see him as much as they see Trump. He is such an ahole. I'd like to think he got sick of hearing all the hate and that is why he is beginning to relax on his stance a bit but I also don't want to give him any credit he doesn't deserve. 

I am pretty surprised he came out and started to relax a bit and starting phase 3 everywhere but where Little Lori Lightfoot has under control. I've already gotten my hair cut and enjoy a few watering holes next door in Indiana. I never thought I'd be so excited to go to Indiana. 

No chit. I was in Monroe, Wisconsin again yesterday. Ate at the deli in the town square and swung by the chocolate shop to appease the woman. I'm happily spending more than I need to spend across the border. I already do my best to buy all my girlfriend's tobacco in Wisconsin, and I fill up my tank every time I'm there, as well. **** Illinois and Pritzker.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

No chit. I was in Monroe, Wisconsin again yesterday. Ate at the deli in the town square and swung by the chocolate shop to appease the woman. I'm happily spending more than I need to spend across the border. I already do my best to buy all my girlfriend's tobacco in Wisconsin, and I fill up my tank every time I'm there, as well. **** Illinois and Pritzker.

people can say whatever they want about Trump and his little hydroxychloroquine stock and all that BS. But it is irritating how more and more news about him and his family have stock in the testing in IL, and testing in IL is supposedly the highest in the nation. No one wants to bat an eye at that!? No one wants to bat an eye about all the made up test results that are slowly coming out? I read an article on the Patch today and it had a great line. "He is ruling on executive order, held accountable by no one" and his administration answered the question of "why aren't the test results adding up across the state?" with the great answer of "must be a computer glitch, the statewide numbers are correct. We get a lot of data daily, expect some numbers to be off" LOL! Whatever you do, don't ask the hard questions. 

8 hours ago, Ozpride said:

THE PUBS ARE OPEN!!!!  

The most bittersweet 'like' I've ever given my friend. Enjoy yourself. When you are sipping your fosters you think of me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ozpride said:

THE PUBS ARE OPEN!!!!  

Nice. 

Ours never closed but they're crap anyway. 

• Like 3

'Dutch government advises single people to find lockdown ‘sex buddies’

Team up and find a ‘sex buddy’ – is the official advice being giving to horny singletons in Holland looking to get the creaks out of their lockdown doors.

The Dutch government’s National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) said those not in relationships should look to making arrangements with one other person during the coronavirus pandemic.

The paired-up singletons are being advised to practice ‘safe sex’ by avoiding intimacy if either are suspected of having Covid-19.

It comes after critics hit out at the lack of sex advice for those in relationships with themselves.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/16/dutch-government-advises-single-people-find-lockdown-sex-buddies-12712090/

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

The most bittersweet 'like' I've ever given my friend. Enjoy yourself. When you are sipping your fosters you think of me. 

Do Hull City Tigers have a beer sponsor?  I'll order one right meow

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My girlfriend needs some strip club action in her life and this thing is really raining on my threesome parade here. 

Pray for me.

11 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

Do Hull City Tigers have a beer sponsor?  I'll order one right meow

We are sponsored by a Kenyan Sports Begging company lmao. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

We are sponsored by a Kenyan Sports Begging company lmao. 

Ironic typo is ironic 😂 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Worked out okay didn't it lol. 

What's the club tagline?  Please donate shoes to our sponsors!