VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

2 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I hear Mexico is the new epicenter. Rip @VertFTW

Yeah, nobody seems to give a hoot..everybody is planning vacations right now lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah, nobody seems to give a hoot..everybody is planning vacations right now lol

But when your people get wiped out, who is going to clean my room next time I go there?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, VertFTW said:

over the wall? is normal.

ive kinda been planning a bit of my vacation of my own for the end of the summer but right now its looking like im probably not going to get it.   i'm sure i'll be doing alot of travelling to the liquor store though.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, MoZZez said:

But when your people get wiped out, who is going to clean my room next time I go there?

3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Oi @NoCakeForYaya, why are my bleeding heart FB friends all harping on about Cummings? Is it really that big a news story in the UK? One of them is even urging everyone who will listen that they should write to the queen about it 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Oi @NoCakeForYaya, why are my bleeding heart FB friends all harping on about Cummings? Is it really that big a news story in the UK? One of them is even urging everyone who will listen that they should write to the queen about it 😂

Think he drove like 200 miles to go see his mum or some **** lmao. It's one of those things were it's pretty annoying that they aren't following their own damn rules, but at the same time surely you have other things to waste your energy on lol. 

I only googled it because my Facebook was also inundated with people going mad lol. 

Took another day to **** around in Wisconsin. Sent the woman off into downtown to blow money at the mom and pop shops in Lake Geneva. My buddy and I went frolfing. Then the woman and I stopped in Janesville at a bar ans grill. 

Still no Corona. Nobody I know is sick. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

100657067_1420468818159149_3476141101096

Vomit @CNN once again playing to the woke crowd smfh. 

I know a few feminist that don't think the way they do i.e. EVERY thing is identity politics with an oppressed hierarchy to cry who the biggest victim is. It's so disgusting. 

I would immediately un-friend anyone that talked like that & lose their number ASAP. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

welcome to phase 1!!!

it took like 100 people to beat down one guy

this kind of chit wouldnt happen in canada

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

welcome to phase 1!!!

Last few weeks I've been trying to stay away from all news & coverage of covid-19 or any political crap. I just can't anymore dude. It's tew much coverage. 

After watching this video though i feel their is hope we're getting back to normal lol

• Haha 1

am i the only one that was secretly hoping for all those guys to turn around and walk back just to beat down the two white cops? or would they have to call for backup?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

welcome to phase 1!!!

so uhm...

first of all.. what are these hyena's preying on? and why?  

secondly why do they not keep their corona distance and shoot ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

so uhm...

first of all.. what are these hyena's preying on? and why?  

secondly why do they not keep their corona distance and shoot ? 

yeah thats right. social distancing motherfuckers! 

that really didnt look like proper social distancing to me.

Edited by -idyb-

the dude who got beat down probably bought the last roll of toilet paper.  either that or he was trying to upsell some hand sanitizer with inflated price tags

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

Last few weeks I've been trying to stay away from all news & coverage of covid-19 or any political crap. I just can't anymore dude. It's tew much coverage. 

After watching this video though i feel their is hope we're getting back to normal lol

I'll make sure I tag you in my weekly swedish Corona update. That's the only news that really matters right now. 

Good move btw. It's wayyyy over the top right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'll make sure I tag you in my weekly swedish Corona update. That's the only news that really matters right now. 

truer words have never been spoken.  i cancelled my subscription to fight pass and ESPN+ for this

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

gary bettman is about to make a big announcement reguarding the NHL return in 2 hours, so that gives me a good enough reason to drink today

either the season gets cancelled, and once again and thats it for our season,   or the season is coming back and we end up choking in the playoffs. either way, im probably looking at another year of canucks disappointment reguardless, but at least i'll have my hockey back. at least the fight cards oughtta put ufc 250 to shame.

gary bettman is a piece of chit, but right now im praising him as a war hero for bringing the great sport of hockey back during a global pandemic

but if he cancels it, thats like 3 lockdowns and a pandemic under his belt. boo this man!

Edited by -idyb-

4 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

100657067_1420468818159149_3476141101096

this is all a bunch of bullchit for CNN to pander to the feminists.    guaranteed you dont see any of the money women make from child support, or the money men have to pay on child support factored into their incomes, otherwise it wouldnt fit their woke little discrimination and male privilege agenda

Edited by -idyb-

reading in the news that people here in BC have been keying and vandalizing peoples cars who have Alberta license plates because we dont want them here

its not just because we dont want their corona germs invading our p4p parks and communities while they vacation here with some of their oil money.   its because they cant drive worth a chit either.

they have their own little parks and cities. they can play touchbutt with the rest of the dorks out there.    quite hypocritical of me i know cause im still planning of driving my **** through there in a few months, but still they can all fook right off back to oil country for all i care. this is my province, gtfo!

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

Total US Coronavirus deaths as of 5/16/2020, excluding New York, New Jersey, and everyone over age 65......

Are your parents still alive?

38 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

Are your parents still alive?

hopefully theyre not any more dead than the sharks 2020 stanley cup playoff dreams

but turn on your tv brah. hockey is coming back and its playoff season!

go canucks go!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

gary bettman is about to make a big announcement reguarding the NHL return in 2 hours, so that gives me a good enough reason to drink today

either the season gets cancelled, and once again and thats it for our season,   or the season is coming back and we end up choking in the playoffs. either way, im probably looking at another year of canucks disappointment reguardless, but at least i'll have my hockey back. at least the fight cards oughtta put ufc 250 to shame.

gary bettman is a piece of chit, but right now im praising him as a war hero for bringing the great sport of hockey back during a global pandemic

but if he cancels it, thats like 3 lockdowns and a pandemic under his belt. boo this man!

We're ready for the cup again here, let's get the hockey going !!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

phase 1 back up file

second act

I'm noticing a certain similarity in these 2 videos... very respectful and cultured folks down there in Daytona

Edited by OmoGOAT

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

We're ready for the cup again here, let's get the hockey going !!!

I didnt know you lived in Edmonton!

I agree, Go Oilers!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Good move btw. It's wayyyy over the top right now. 

100% I'm literally sick of hearing about it. Politics too. I know the game so the jig is up. It's hard to completely ignore it because it's everywhere though. 

I always notice my moods are way better, i enjoy life more and get more things done when i'm a little aware of what's going on in the outside world but mostly i try to ignore the traps of emotional investment & all the self righteous BS, division & bickering that comes along with that. It's just not worth it & i'm all out of fks given lol. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, -idyb- said:

hopefully theyre not any more dead than the sharks 2020 stanley cup playoff dreams

but turn on your tv brah. hockey is coming back and its playoff season!

go canucks go!

The Sharks refuse to take part in this travesty called the 2020 NHL playoffs! They aren't giving out the Stanley Cup this year, they will be handing out this:

12.jpg?v=1487977669

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Vomit @CNN once again playing to the woke crowd smfh. 

I know a few feminist that don't think the way they do i.e. EVERY thing is identity politics with an oppressed hierarchy to cry who the biggest victim is. It's so disgusting. 

I would immediately un-friend anyone that talked like that & lose their number ASAP. 

It's a fact that the majority of healthcare workers are women and it's also a fact that women are paid less than men overall.

Why do facts offend you so much? 

9 hours ago, classicboxer said:

The Sharks refuse to take part in this travesty called the 2020 NHL playoffs! They aren't giving out the Stanley Cup this year, they will be handing out this:

12.jpg?v=1487977669

is that the covid cup?   the most coveted prize in all of sports!

oh yeah you better damn well believe theyll be handing out the stanley cup this year. just not to the sharks. believe that!

go canucks go!

Edited by -idyb-

6 hours ago, 12еr said:

It's a fact that the majority of healthcare workers are women and it's also a fact that women are paid less than men overall.

Why do facts offend you so much? 

It doesn't offend me it's just annoying & the so called solution is actually very discriminatory. The pay wage gap between men & women is largely a lie. Look up Jordan Peterson or Ben Shipiro or Steven Crowder's thoughts on this. They all destroy that argument. 

The pay gap thing is a leftists cuck agenda that wants affirmative action type programs to "promote diversity" that actually discriminates at the expense of people that actually earned it. It's been tried in other countries even in the military and there's evidence to suggest it really doesn't work in the real world as a model. 

It's also terrible for colleges & work environments because it breeds entitlement & resentment. i.e. we don't have enough of said group so let's lower the bar but fk off Asians that are killing it with higher on average GPA's as one example. < Has less to do with Asians being that much relatively smarter it's more a cultural thing. They simply work harder using what they got. 

There are some differences in the sexes/race that have advantages & disadvantages that's real but the problem is the narrative of pay gap or anything else that these "Facts" reveal as "holding you back" are skewed to fit a defeatists narrative of division but no other factors are looked at. 

Want more money? You feeling oppressed about your identity? Real simple formula that I've personally seen actually works in the real world.

1. Be a savage & commit to your work.

2. Don't over clash when working with others.

3. Get results & git guud at what you do. Excel at your work so your value is apparent. 

4. Don't expect things based on what your identify is. Effort + no excuses is where it's at & frankly how it should stay. 

That's how you stand out from the pack by being better. If you're not willing to take initiative & or have the ambition you don't get rewarded. If not then settle for mediocrity & STFU because no one owes you $hit. If you wanna get ahead make no excuses & take no prisoners kicking @ss at what you do. Basically stop sucking & don't expect entitlement. If there actually is some sort of barrier you find a way to mount it and fk it into submission. That's all up to you though. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MoZZez said:

I didnt know you lived in Edmonton!

I agree, Go Oilers!

those are fighting words

its damn near 7 in the morning already on a wednesday. wheres my fucking swedish corona virus update to go with my morning beer?

i think bubba might be dead. anyone put him in on the rona death pool?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

It doesn't offend me it's just annoying & the so called solution is actually very discriminatory. The pay wage gap between men & women is largely a lie. Look up Jordan Peterson or Ben Shipiro or Steven Crowder's thoughts on this. They all destroy that argument. 

The pay gap thing is a leftists cuck agenda that wants affirmative action type programs to "promote diversity" that actually discriminates at the expense of people that actually earned it. It's been tried in other countries even in the military and there's evidence to suggest it really doesn't work in the real world as a model. 

It's also terrible for colleges & work environments because it breeds entitlement & resentment. i.e. we don't have enough of said group so let's lower the bar but fk off Asians that are killing it with higher on average GPA's as one example. < Has less to do with Asians being that much relatively smarter it's more a cultural thing. They simply work harder using what they got. 

There are some differences in the sexes/race that have advantages & disadvantages that's real but the problem is the narrative of pay gap or anything else that these "Facts" reveal as "holding you back" are skewed to fit a defeatists narrative of division but no other factors are looked at. 

Want more money? You feeling oppressed about your identity? Real simple formula that I've personally seen actually works in the real world.

3. Get results & git guud at what you do. Excel at your work so your value is apparent. 

4. Don't expect things based on what your identify is. Effort + no excuses is where it's at & frankly how it should stay. 

That's how you stand out from the pack by being better. If you're not willing to take initiative & or have the ambition you don't get rewarded. If not then settle for mediocrity & STFU because no one owes you $hit. If you wanna get ahead make no excuses & take no prisoners kicking @ss at what you do. Basically stop sucking & don't expect entitlement. If there actually is some sort of barrier you find a way to mount it and fk it into submission. That's all up to you though. 

Yep.  Basically stuff like the CNN report focus on equal outcome, not equal opportunity.  

We had a company wide "diversity" initiative to increase the %age of wimmens in each department by 10%.  HR was at 75% already....so their target became 85%.  My boss got highly offended when i pointed out that moving from 75% to 85% made them less diverse, not more.  Thankfully numbers don't care about feelings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The CDC now estimates that Covid has an infection mortality rate of .26%. 

MSM completely ignores it because it doesn't create fear and keep people watching. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

The CDC now estimates that Covid has an infection mortality rate of .26%. 

MSM completely ignores it because it doesn't create fear and keep people watching. 

We estimated the case-fatality risk for coronavirus disease cases in China (3.5%); China, excluding Hubei Province (0.8%); 82 countries, territories, and areas (4.2%); and on a cruise ship (0.6%). Lower estimates might be closest to the true value, but a broad range of 0.25%–3.0% probably should be considered.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/6/20-0320_article

Edited by -idyb-

28 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yep.  Basically stuff like the CNN report focus on equal outcome, not equal opportunity.  

We had a company wide "diversity" initiative to increase the %age of wimmens in each department by 10%.  HR was at 75% already....so their target became 85%.  My boss got highly offended when i pointed out that moving from 75% to 85% made them less diverse, not more.  Thankfully numbers don't care about feelings.

The bold i can't say it any better. When you actually look at the idea of equality of outcome vs. opportunity the former is completely absurd & is actually FAR more discriminatory. 

Nothing is ever gonna be ideal but an Incentive reward system needs to be merit based NOT identity based or you become detached from reality for feelings sake & that's largely not how reality works. 

No feelings makes us coldly robotic but no logic/reason then things just break down & can't function in the real world. I almost always heavily lean towards logic/reason & as a survival mechanism i'd even go as far as to say it's far superior in most cases. Feelings=the driver or fuel but logic/reason is the tangible machine that takes you from point A to B. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StompGrind said:

What fantasy world do you live in?

24 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

What fantasy world do you live in?

A realist one where you work for everything you got and your limitations within reason are up to you to determine your fate as best you can with what cards you're dealt. 

If you think it's not the truth that you get what you put in & identity while it can be a factor to some degree it plays very little in a person's success then i have the same question for you. 

The #1 determining factor 4 success & i'd argue even happiness is perseverance because with it you can overcome & accomplish far more than you could otherwise. In other words don't let other people determine your outcome or tell you it's not possible because of how they view you in their constructed social view of the world. 

Imagine of David Webb let being black hold him back because where he got in his sector wasn't the norm. Everyone has that choice but you'll never get where you wanna be expecting people to give you anything. You should earn your place period end of story. 

It's literally insulting to say someone can't achieve something ( < again within reason ) because of their identity and the idea reinforces an oppressed victim hood complex which serves no one. Know what your real limitations are not some made up social ones that offer an excuse to expect an easier ride or cry victim. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

It's literally insulting to say someone can't achieve something ( < again within reason ) because of their identity

does this mean i can still run for Miss Universe?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

does this mean i can still run for Miss Universe?

Which is why i added that ( within reason ) part. 

....but who am i to kill your dreams m8. Go for it.  

You're probably super oppressed with your white male privilege making that option rather difficult. You could be a leggy blonde news anchor making the big bucks. It's so unfair. 

15 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

A realist one where you work for everything you got and your limitations within reason are up to you to determine your fate as best you can with what cards you're dealt. 

If you think it's not the truth that you get what you put in & identity while it can be a factor to some degree it plays very little in a person's success then i have the same question for you. 

The #1 determining factor 4 success & i'd argue even happiness is perseverance because with it you can overcome & accomplish far more than you could otherwise. In other words don't let other people determine your outcome or tell you it's not possible because of how they view you in their constructed social view of the world. 

Imagine of David Webb let being black hold him back because where he got in his sector wasn't the norm. Everyone has that choice but you'll never get where you wanna be expecting people to give you anything. You should earn your place period end of story. 

It's literally insulting to say someone can't achieve something ( < again within reason ) because of their identity and the idea reinforces an oppressed victim hood complex which serves no one. Know what your real limitations are not some made up social ones that offer an excuse to expect an easier ride or cry victim. 

I'm not even talking about race, gender, etc. Just saying that employers don't base rewards on how good a worker you are. Anyone who thinks they do is naïve.

• Confused 3