Jump to content
VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, classicboxer said:

I'm not even talking about race, gender, etc. Just saying that employers don't base rewards on how good a worker you are. Anyone who thinks they do is naïve.

Fair enough. It's not exactly true it's a given or works like that in every case but it certainly puts you in a better position of leverage to ask for more & at the very least can make you stand out as deserving or motivate you to look into other options. That's a better system than diversity for the sake of diversity which is in fact more discriminatory by nature & punishes some when they are in fact the higher standard and better choice. 

The diversity idea is just plain wrong and a bad idea overall imo. I'm not against offering some opportunity for less fortunate people in certain cases but a system set-up that would be based on identity or lowing standard to meet a quota i'm strongly against that. 

Up your game or eat peoples dust is mainly the way i see things. The alternative promotes mediocrity across the board. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

I'm not even talking about race, gender, etc. Just saying that employers don't base rewards on how good a worker you are. Anyone who thinks they do is naïve.

200.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

200.gif

He is right about that in some crappy jobs the pay is the pay but the better you are in most jobs the more likely you are to move into a better position & increase your earning potential and depending on the job they may offer bonus.

It's no different than if you were a member of a tribe that lived off the land. It's a really simple concept. Produce more efficiently=profit more. Being a lazy b!tch expecting things to happen or just fall out the sky for you=less to no profit. Not only that but the tribe will boot your @ss. 

Edited by StompGrind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 6:39 PM, cashfl0w said:

Took another day to **** around in Wisconsin. Sent the woman off into downtown to blow money at the mom and pop shops in Lake Geneva. My buddy and I went frolfing. Then the woman and I stopped in Janesville at a bar ans grill. 

Still no Corona. Nobody I know is sick. lol

LMFAO

What a random place for those clowns to show up in. And he was absolutely right when he said nobody was wearing a mask... INCLUDING THE MSNBC CAMERAMAN. 

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

LMFAO

What a random place for those clowns to show up in. And he was absolutely right when he said nobody was wearing a mask... INCLUDING THE MSNBC CAMERAMAN. 

Lol, that dude calling them out on their mock outrage is a legend. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Fargo went from having parks closed a week ago to straight not giving a **** and opening public pools next week.

Because that makes sense. lol

None of this chit makes any sense. How does Illinois have just barely over double the population of Wisconsin, but 9x the death rate and 7x the infection rate? I'm going to assume ****ery is taking place and that a virus doesn't  tone itself down when it crosses an imaginary line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switzerland officially ends its "emergency orders" and reduces its threat alert. "All businesses that are currently closed can reopen next week which includes nightlife, movies, cultural centers, schools, excursion destinations, sports, and clubs."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MoZZez said:

I didnt know you lived in Edmonton!

 

I agree, Go Oilers!

We're 15-5 vs Edmonton, not scared here :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StompGrind said:

It doesn't offend me it's just annoying & the so called solution is actually very discriminatory. The pay wage gap between men & women is largely a lie. Look up Jordan Peterson or Ben Shipiro or Steven Crowder's thoughts on this. They all destroy that argument. 

The pay gap thing is a leftists cuck agenda that wants affirmative action type programs to "promote diversity" that actually discriminates at the expense of people that actually earned it. It's been tried in other countries even in the military and there's evidence to suggest it really doesn't work in the real world as a model. 

It's also terrible for colleges & work environments because it breeds entitlement & resentment. i.e. we don't have enough of said group so let's lower the bar but fk off Asians that are killing it with higher on average GPA's as one example. < Has less to do with Asians being that much relatively smarter it's more a cultural thing. They simply work harder using what they got. 

There are some differences in the sexes/race that have advantages & disadvantages that's real but the problem is the narrative of pay gap or anything else that these "Facts" reveal as "holding you back" are skewed to fit a defeatists narrative of division but no other factors are looked at. 

Want more money? You feeling oppressed about your identity? Real simple formula that I've personally seen actually works in the real world.

1. Be a savage & commit to your work.

2. Don't over clash when working with others.

3. Get results & git guud at what you do. Excel at your work so your value is apparent. 

4. Don't expect things based on what your identify is. Effort + no excuses is where it's at & frankly how it should stay. 

That's how you stand out from the pack by being better. If you're not willing to take initiative & or have the ambition you don't get rewarded. If not then settle for mediocrity & STFU because no one owes you $hit. If you wanna get ahead make no excuses & take no prisoners kicking @ss at what you do. Basically stop sucking & don't expect entitlement. If there actually is some sort of barrier you find a way to mount it and fk it into submission. That's all up to you though. 

 

 

 

 

I don’t need to read that to know that you’re rustled. 
 

I don’t think it’s a wild notion that two people doing the same job should be paid the same pay when they start regardless of what’s between their legs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have two things to say

#1 im fooking drunk

#2 bubba im kicking your ****. wheres my corona update? its still wednesday but your hours are limited.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bwana said:

We're 15-5 vs Edmonton, not scared here :)

the oilers have to play chicago. sure the hawks suck this year but they have nothing to lose and theyre playing for the upset. this is likely gonnna be a nasty series.    if chicago can shut down mcdavid and draisaitl then they could very well run away with it

im actually rooting for chicago on this one.  its hard to say i dont think theyll be able to pull it off, but ive never been a fan of the oilers

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

the oilers have to play chicago. sure the hawks suck this year but they have nothing to lose and theyre playing for the upset. this is likely gonnna be a nasty series.    if chicago can shut down mcdavid and draisaitl then they could very well pull off the upset.

im actually rooting for chicago on this one.  its hard to say i dont think theyll be able to pull it off, but ive never been a fan of the oilers

I'm ready for hockey to fire up from this COVID chiit, we have a lot of new blood on the team this year...see how it goes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only unanswered question tampa and vancouver needs to know is whats the deal?

we traded a conditional draft pick in a package for JT Miller,   but if we make the playoffs this year, than tampa gets our pick next year.   if we dont make the playoffs this year,  tampa gets our first round draft pick this year

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bwana said:

We're 15-5 vs Edmonton, not scared here :)

0 in Red Deer or Sylvan Lake... this was all horse chit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, that dude calling them out on their mock outrage is a legend. 

Yeah that guy was lightning fast on that comeback. Awesome burn. Such a charade that the guy ON camera has a mask but everyone behind it doesnt.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fook this coronavirus crap.  i just want my hockey back

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, 12еr said:

I don’t need to read that to know that you’re rustled. 
 

I don’t think it’s a wild notion that two people doing the same job should be paid the same pay when they start regardless of what’s between their legs. 

 

I'm not though. Just pointing out it's mainly a farce and the statistics are mostly BS because it excludes other factors or misleads at best. 

The official Bureau of Labor Department statistics show that the median earnings of full-time female workers is 77 percent of the median earnings of full-time male workers. But that is very different than “77 cents on the dollar for doing the same work as men.” The latter gives the impression that a man and a woman standing next to each other doing the same job for the same number of hours get paid different salaries. That’s not at all the case. “Full time” officially means 35 hours, but men work more hours than women. That’s the first problem: We could be comparing men working 40 hours to women working 35.

Here's one example. ^^

77 cents on the dollar compared to men is a feminist & white knight talking point that's been mostly debunked. Not saying it never ever happens to any degree in some industries with a lot of different factors and competition but the pay gap narrative it is largely a myth. 

Women are generally not suffering less pay for the same exact job unless they suck more at their job or work less. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by StompGrind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know this isnt as captivating as the kind of chit that happens in sweden, but we've a whopping 4 new cases of the obama flu here in BC yesterday, as well as zero deaths in the province in 24 hours. this is completely devastating. we better start locking everything down again and go harder on the chlorox and fish tank cleaner.

dont know what the rest of the provinces of my great country are doing, but apparently quebec is f*cking it all up again.  as far as i'm concerned, they dont want to be a part of canada anyways, and they really dont seem to respect their elders either, so they should just seperate and float the province out to France or something, and then our obama flu statistics will plummet to like 1/20th of what they are now.

yeah thats how we're gonna flatten our curve. parks arent the place for those dorks to be playing touchbutt right now, and i dont think those frenchies respect physical distancing, so lets just physically distance the entire province of quebec out into the ocean somewhere, and then the obama flu will be pretty much eliminated from our great nation. 

GSP can stay behind though. after all the good he's done for the world, he's earned the right to be considered an honourary canadian

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.

"In reality, the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy," said Alberto Zangrillo, the head of the San Raffaele Hospital in Milan in the northern region of Lombardy, which has borne the brunt of Italy's coronavirus contagion.

"The swabs that were performed over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantitative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal compared to the ones carried out a month or two months ago," he told RAI television.

The quarantine/lockdown worked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

so the countdown begins as of Friday...due to mass protests nationwide, hospitals will be overrun with covid19 patients around June 12th-14th.

Right on time for my b-day. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So how'd you guys make it out of the pandemic?"

"Some white officer killed a black dude and the media just decided it was over."

lol

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So anyway, I figured that as Corona is fixed now I'd reduce the weekly Swedish Corona update to bi-weekly.

Everyone's actually in a bit of a tiz here because the chief government epidemologist just nonchalantly announced that they kind of screwed up a bit, but he's not really quite sure how because he's Swedish and can't really understand the idea of being wrong and foreigners being right.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

Sweden actually briefly lost top spot on the world's deadliest place for Covid to the dear old UK, but heroically grabbed it back after 4 days.  We held it for a whole week, but UK has just overtaken us again.  I'm also worried about Brazil coming up fast on the rails.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?time=2020-04-11..&country=USA~GBR~SWE~BRA

Thankfully the Swedish economy actually grew in the first quarter, so sacrificing those poor old dears to Oden may have paid off in the end.  Plus the temperature finally hit  20 degrees (68) this week, we get more than 18 hours of daylight, plus nobody is getting looted, pillaged or having someone's boot put on their neck (other than metaphorically every time we pay our 52% tax), so it's not all doom and gloom.

@Conceive-Believe-Achieve, @-idyb-, @Genki.  Don't miss out on your bi-weekly Swedish Corona news.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

So anyway, I figured that as Corona is fixed now I'd reduce the weekly Swedish Corona update to bi-weekly.

Everyone's actually in a bit of a tiz here because the chief government epidemologist just nonchalantly announced that they kind of screwed up a bit, but he's not really quite sure how because he's Swedish and can't really understand the idea of being wrong and foreigners being right.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

Sweden actually briefly lost top spot on the world's deadliest place for Covid to the dear old UK, but heroically grabbed it back after 4 days.  We held it for a whole week, but UK has just overtaken us again.  I'm also worried about Brazil coming up fast on the rails.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?time=2020-04-11..&country=USA~GBR~SWE~BRA

Thankfully the Swedish economy actually grew in the first quarter, so sacrificing those poor old dears to Oden may have paid off in the end.  Plus the temperature finally hit  20 degrees (68) this week, we get more than 18 hours of daylight, plus nobody is getting looted, pillaged or having someone's boot put on their neck (other than metaphorically every time we pay our 52% tax), so it's not all doom and gloom.

@Conceive-Believe-Achieve, @-idyb-, @Genki.  Don't miss out on your bi-weekly Swedish Corona news.

 

i seen the notification  and im like fook yeah my dudes, it must be wednesday

but wait, we're doing it bi-weekly now? thats it. ive got nothing left to live for next week. peace out cruel forum. see y'all in 2 weeks

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

So anyway, I figured that as Corona is fixed now I'd reduce the weekly Swedish Corona update to bi-weekly.

Everyone's actually in a bit of a tiz here because the chief government epidemologist just nonchalantly announced that they kind of screwed up a bit, but he's not really quite sure how because he's Swedish and can't really understand the idea of being wrong and foreigners being right.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-52903717

Sweden actually briefly lost top spot on the world's deadliest place for Covid to the dear old UK, but heroically grabbed it back after 4 days.  We held it for a whole week, but UK has just overtaken us again.  I'm also worried about Brazil coming up fast on the rails.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?time=2020-04-11..&country=USA~GBR~SWE~BRA

Thankfully the Swedish economy actually grew in the first quarter, so sacrificing those poor old dears to Oden may have paid off in the end.  Plus the temperature finally hit  20 degrees (68) this week, we get more than 18 hours of daylight, plus nobody is getting looted, pillaged or having someone's boot put on their neck (other than metaphorically every time we pay our 52% tax), so it's not all doom and gloom.

@Conceive-Believe-Achieve, @-idyb-, @Genki.  Don't miss out on your bi-weekly Swedish Corona news.

I love how we are still beating you and literally everything here is shut lmao.

Get good nerd. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this ones a slobberknocker J.R. but im putting my money on the brits

i dont know what the hell theyre doing over there but it aint working.  britain dont like that sweden is top dog so now theyre throwing down.   this ones down to the wire, but you know damn well at least one of the judges is gonna score the bout 30-27 for the loser

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

this ones a slobberknocker J.R. but im putting my money on the brits

i dont know what the hell theyre doing over there but it aint working.  britain dont like that sweden is top dog so now theyre throwing down.   this ones down to the wire, but you know damn well at least one of the judges is gonna score the bout 30-27 for the loser

That graph is truly exciting.  Prior to Sweden taking top spot, Belgium was number 1. I'm quarter Belgian, so seeing Sweden, UK and Belgium battling it out for top spot was like the UFC glory days when Couture, Franklin and Hughes held belts.

Will suck if Brazil knock one of my boys off the top spot.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2020 at 11:46 AM, SVTContour98 said:

so the countdown begins as of Friday...due to mass protests nationwide, hospitals will be overrun with covid19 patients around June 12th-14th.

I bought sooooo much toilet paper in preparation for the Hospitals being overrun again.

I trust you all are doing the same as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I bought sooooo much toilet paper in preparation for the Hospitals being overrun again.

I trust you all are doing the same as well.

this year my butt cheeks are gonna be the cleanest theyve ever been and i dont even need to wipe.

ive  just been greasing baking pans with hand sanitizer, adding a cup of bleach and some fish tank cleaner, layering it with toilet paper, turning on the ultraviolet light, and cooking up the charmin casserole.    really cleans the bowels out.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People be like bLaCk LiVeS mAtTeR!!!!!

What about your ****ing grandmother? You stayed home for months on end to ensure she lives, and suddenly we abandon it entirely over some black dude nobody knows. 

GRANDMOTHER LIVES MATTER TOO MOTHER****ERS.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

People be like bLaCk LiVeS mAtTeR!!!!!

What about your ****ing grandmother? You stayed home for months on end to ensure she lives, and suddenly we abandon it entirely over some black dude nobody knows. 

GRANDMOTHER LIVES MATTER TOO MOTHER****ERS.

Clearly they don't since it was policy in several state to SEND covid positive patients to nursing homes. 

Unbelievable to me that was allowed to happen anywhere. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

@classicboxer

Are you still concerned over the lives that are gravely at risk from the mass gatherings that we have seen over the last 5 days?

I never was concerned. The only part of the whole thing that concerned me was the prospect of young people getting it and passing it on to old people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the entire interior region of BC hasnt even had a documented coronavirus case in over a month. a rather huge area to cover too.   this chit is a sham

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bubba_Sparks almost everybody on my facebook who were CRUCIFYING Dominic Cummings for breaking lockdown rules are actively praising and promoting the protest this week. You really ****ing can't make this **** up. I've actually for the first time in my life found myself being actually angry at social media. To the point where it is actually affecting my day. 

Seems there's less and less place in the world for a person like me, who think there is a place for some kind of protest, but definitely NOT NOW and definitely NOT in the way it's been done. I SMH the world has genuinely gone to ****. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

@Bubba_Sparks almost everybody on my facebook who were CRUCIFYING Dominic Cummings for breaking lockdown rules are actively praising and promoting the protest this week. You really ****ing can't make this **** up. I've actually for the first time in my life found myself being actually angry at social media. To the point where it is actually affecting my day. 

Seems there's less and less place in the world for a person like me, who think there is a place for some kind of protest, but definitely NOT NOW and definitely NOT in the way it's been done. I SMH the world has genuinely gone to ****. 

My girlfriend lived in Chicago, and she's one of those people with 3,500 FB friends because she added anybody that added her for the longest time.

Well, now she's going through what you're going through. She's been angry at her social media friends for all types of chit. They were posting the goods they looted, all this stuff about "white silence is white violence", a bunch of these braindead quips and phrases meant to lecture white people... It's been a little much. 

Social media was a cesspool before all this, it has gotten a hundred times worse since.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

My girlfriend lived in Chicago, and she's one of those people with 3,500 FB friends because she added anybody that added her for the longest time.

Well, now she's going through what you're going through. She's been angry at her social media friends for all types of chit. They were posting the goods they looted, all this stuff about "white silence is white violence", a bunch of these braindead quips and phrases meant to lecture white people... It's been a little much. 

Social media was a cesspool before all this, it has gotten a hundred times worse since.

Yeah I know it's really pathetic that I would allow social media to actual have a negative effect on my day, but it's been hard not to. 

I suppose I'm just struggling with the world at the moment because there's less and less place for actually THINKING! Pretty sure today ends with me just deleting facebook or at least deactivating it until the world goes back to not being insane lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Yeah I know it's really pathetic that I would allow social media to actual have a negative effect on my day, but it's been hard not to. 

I suppose I'm just struggling with the world at the moment because there's less and less place for actually THINKING! Pretty sure today ends with me just deleting facebook or at least deactivating it until the world goes back to not being insane lol.

If you figure out how to actually delete that ****er, let me know. All I was ever able to do was deactivate it like ten years ago. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

If you figure out how to actually delete that ****er, let me know. All I was ever able to do was deactivate it like ten years ago. 

I've just deactivated it too lol! I cba to go into delete it fully though, Zuckerberg already has all my info!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, classicboxer said:

I never was concerned. The only part of the whole thing that concerned me was the prospect of young people getting it and passing it on to old people!

Which you should currently be gravely concerned about due to all the young people mass gathering right now...right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...