VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

This is more related to Russia and the Saudis having an argument about oil prices than Corona Virus.

There are some bargains to be had right now....catching falling knives is not my thing though.

Yeah nCoV not the reason but is the excuse...Saudis looking to put US shale out of business for good. Still a long way to go for this crash....wait for better buying opp

Edited by VertFTW
  • Thanks 1

Corona could be the best thing to happen to this Tyrannical Congress in the USSA

Congress:  We dont want term limits

Mother Nature:  WRONG

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Corona could be the best thing to happen to this Tyrannical Congress in the USSA

Gotta get Ted Cruz back to the office for that to happen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

I wouldn't cheer for this. I'd legit rather have Pelosi, Cruz etc. than AOC & the two terrorist with lipstick. 

88261079_1689709771181922_63418052874306

when you got drugs in the car and the cops want to search it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

7 confirmed cases in Chicago 

Governor just declared IL state of emergency. They must have found a way to tax us on it here. 

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

First case officially in Louisiana....Lafitte (south of New Orleans).

Where did you hear Lafitte? I saw a tweet from Bel Edward about Jefferson Parish and the person was hospitalized in Orleans but nothing specifically about Lafitte. 

Lafitte is a nice fishing spot. 

State of emergency thing is pretty much standard procedure. As ridiculous as it is it's enacted to get some of the bureaucratic red tape out the way so they can act fast if they need to. 

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Where did you hear Lafitte? I saw a tweet from Bel Edward about Jefferson Parish and the person was hospitalized in Orleans but nothing specifically about Lafitte. 

Lafitte is a nice fishing spot. 

I just zoomed in on the sick map

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Lol

this chit is even happening in my town.  i would figure that usually people would have a head on their shoulders if they come to live here, but i guess theyre no different than all of the other sheep when it comes to turning on the news and fearing what they tell you to fear.

i wonder if im gonna survive the great toilet paper apocalypse of 2020?

dont know why theyre loading up on so much **** wipe.  if they get sick theyre not gonna wanna eat much. maybe they all want to try some of idyb's infamous spicy taco's.   theres gonna be a metric sh*t tonne of toilet paper clogging up our sewers after that ordeal

i'd be stocking up on non-perishable food and guns.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I pictured @VertFTW being a a thinner and short.

i always figured that he's got a moustache

perhaps the moustache might even be a dirty sanchez. especially now that we're all out of toilet paper

Edited by -idyb-

This infectious disease epidemiologist on JRE today said that using hand sanitizer and not touching your face is pointless to stop Covid. If you get it it's because you breathed it in. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

This infectious disease epidemiologist on JRE today said that using hand sanitizer and not touching your face is pointless to stop Covid. If you get it it's because you breathed it in. 

So now we are back to wearing masks?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

you better hollow out a 5 gallon water jug just to be safe m8

Water-Jugs.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Praise be to Allah that Burka & Niqab wearing wimmen are now empowered to be more prepared & Covid free. ?

degrees-of-religious-freedom-more-free-h

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Zero education on how Covid is contracted but i find this a little hard to believe. Have to listen later to what he says exactly but for the time being color me skeptic it's totally a pointless practice. I could see it not being that effective to deter infection but pointless? 

Not saying he isn't right but you would think they'd correct that for recommended precautions if that really was the case. Then again there is the "panic" put the public at ease side. 

As an example gov was talking about people using plastic wrap & duct tape in the event of a terrorist attack after 9/11 lol

^^ Kind of genius really. The people that would naturally freak out would buy up all kinds of supplies & create a short term scarcity which is good for an economy when everyone wants to pull back due to fear. The people that were a little worried but knew a suggestion like that is ridiculous could laugh and carry on business as usual. 

Edited by StompGrind

The "experts" still say they don't know how it's transmitted, but "suspect" it's from moisture droplets from their breath. So with that logic, an infected person wearing the mask, would serve a better barrier against spreading than a healthy person wearing a mask.

But if I cough on my hand, then touch my phone or water faucet...then you touch my fkn phone, or use the faucet while looking at my d1ck while I pizz, then you could get contact from touching your face while beating off to thinking about my d1ck.

So in conclusion:

1) Infected people should wear masks

2) Healthy people around possible infected should wear masks

3) Wash hands

4) Don't touch face or mouth

5) Don't beat off thinking about my d1ck, and touch your face.

Edited by Bwana

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

He stated that the basic surgical masks have openings on the sides which is why they aren't effective on keeping you from getting the virus. He said it could cut down on transmitting it to other people if you already have it since you would be coughing into the mask but still isn't sure how effective it would be. 

ordered my new mask for protection a few days ago, i'm good i think...

AAD2RLAAAPS9.jpg

I find it quite interesting how different countries respond.  A lot of my team are based in Romania.  There they have 32 cases so far, 1.7 per 10 million of population.

All the schools are shut, everyone is working from home, shops are shut; Bucharest is basically a ghost town.

Meanwhile Sweden has 436 cases, 43.2 per 10 million population, and literally nothing has changed (except that my colleagues won't open doors with metal handles so I'm the official department door-opener).  I think they're relying on the sturdy viking constitution; Sweden/Denmark/Norway have got almost 1000 cases between them, but ZERO deaths.

The other big plus point of this whole thing for me is that I get to make my favourite running "joke" at least once a day...every time someone says "the World Health Organisation", i say "the who?" and invariably they repeat it...or even say "the WHO".

It makes me very happy.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I find it quite interesting how different countries respond.  A lot of my team are based in Romania.  There they have 32 cases so far, 1.7 per 10 million of population.

All the schools are shut, everyone is working from home, shops are shut; Bucharest is basically a ghost town.

Meanwhile Sweden has 436 cases, 43.2 per 10 million population, and literally nothing has changed (except that my colleagues won't open doors with metal handles so I'm the official department door-opener).  I think they're relying on the sturdy viking constitution; Sweden/Denmark/Norway have got almost 1000 cases between them, but ZERO deaths.

Unfortunately in America now such a statement could be called racists. There's no distinction between subsets of white people and to point out that any of them are sturdy instead of just evil is incorrect. 

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

New Orleans has 5 cases....St Tammany Parish has 1....I live in St Tammany...LOL

Oh snap. 

TBH even though it's only 5 people it worries me a little. Why? 

Because i have very little faith in our state to handle things correctly if the $hit really hits the fan. 

Maybe that's because of what i saw after Katrina, my total cynical view on gov & institutions plus the fact that i'm really into the idea of self reliance. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

New Orleans has 5 cases....St Tammany Parish has 1....I live in St Tammany...LOL

patient is at the hospital 5 miles from my house LOLOLOL

• Like 1

Just got the e mail... one person at work has been diagnosed with it so we're all working from home for the next week or two ?.

It's been on the cards for a few days now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Just got the e mail... one person at work has been diagnosed with it so we're all working from home for the next week or two ?.

It's been on the cards for a few days now. 

been waiting for that, quite surprised it has not been the case yet I expected my work to be one of the first places to have a case. We do have to bring our laptops every night home just in case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, amunera said:

been waiting for that, quite surprised it has not been the case yet I expected my work to be one of the first places to have a case. We do have to bring our laptops every night home just in case.

It's a no brainer really...i did my job from the UK for a year so i worked from home all the time. You still in Germany? They'll be the next Italy i think. Then France, then UK/ Sweden.