VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

Well, **** is hitting the fan at work. We’re supposedly up to 18 confirmed cases of COVID since last Monday, considering the lag time on infection to symptoms showing it’s probably considerably more. The ****ed up part is that management is trying to sweep it under the rug, they said there was only one new case, but we know for a fact there’s more because people testing positive have been informing co-workers. 

Management is more worried about keeping their numbers up so they’re making nonsensical decisions. For example, one of the mail handlers who works on one of the machines tested positive so they sent home all the mail handlers who work on the machine, but not the clerks as if being in a different craft somehow negates the fact that they all work together. Instead the sent all those clerks to work in the area I work in. I heard they sent one guy home to isolate, but not his wife because she doesn’t work  in the same area of the building. Smdh.

All of this hearsay, mind you, but it matches the level of idiocy I’m accustomed to.

One of the cases I know of is a 71 year old lady, so that’s not good. There are so many ****ing boomers and morbidly obese people working here that it is probably going to get ugly. 

One guy is 75, has had a heart attack in the past and is constantly reading snake oil books about health, but he was indignant at the mask mandate because “Jesus will protect me from COVID.” 

• Sad 2

It's blatantly obvious the situation is out of control, and the current administration will make no mandates to protect the public before their downfall on Jan. 20th.  The vaccine is many months away for the healthy, and least vulnerable.

We have cancelled our yearly Thanksgiving dinners tradition, and will keep it just the family the lives in my home. My wife is disappointed but accepting of reality, and realizes that the older folks coming would have been the most at risk. I told her to brace herself for the total destruction of our normal Christmas celebrations, in another month this chiit will be a total train wreck. Start boxing up gifts and shipping to friends & family, because I can't allow Santa to bring COV19 into my home. Obviously not being able to go to Christmas mass is a major change in our holiday, but again the big picture is the true focus for us.

No one is better qualified to speak on the virus than this fella.

Dr. Mike Yeadon, a former Vice President and Chief Science Officer for Pfizer for 16 years, says that half or even “almost all” of tests for COVID are false positives

https://thehuntingtonian.com/2020/10/06/chief-science-officer-for-pfizer-says-second-wave-faked-on-false-positive-covid-tests-pandemic-is-over/

A 30 minute video where Dr Yeager explains in great detail the science behind the tests and why Governments have got it wrong.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/mike-yeadon-unlocked-1080p-25fps-h264-128kbit-aac_nDE6MREe9HGte2D.html?fbclid=IwAR03MzOhQ-ufMQbvf8joQycNop-o8NAr9Ohbh0MfGRFAPIM1ui1p6il7Whc

If he is correct in his analysis enquiring minds have to ask why is such readily available information being ignored by the main stream media, what possible reasons could there be that would account for governments around the world all walking in lockstep as they roll out such ever increasing draconian measures.

Edited by TwennyFo
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Dr. Mike Yeadon, a former Vice President and Chief Science Officer for Pfizer for 16 years, says that half or even “almost all” of tests for COVID are false positives

https://thehuntingtonian.com/2020/10/06/chief-science-officer-for-pfizer-says-second-wave-faked-on-false-positive-covid-tests-pandemic-is-over/

A 30 minute video where Dr Yeager explains in great detail the science behind the tests and why Governments have got it wrong.

https://brandnewtube.com/watch/mike-yeadon-unlocked-1080p-25fps-h264-128kbit-aac_nDE6MREe9HGte2D.html?fbclid=IwAR03MzOhQ-ufMQbvf8joQycNop-o8NAr9Ohbh0MfGRFAPIM1ui1p6il7Whc

If he is correct in his analysis enquiring minds have to ask why is such readily available information being ignored by the main stream media, what possible reasons could there be that would account for governments around the world all walking in lockstep as they roll out such ever increasing draconian measures.

I noticed in the past few days when they ran the Corona ticker, they included people who were "likely positive", "probably positive", phrases like that. Try to catch one on a liberal network and listen closely. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

There are thousands of people who get sick, go to the hospital, and test positive, So the "almost all" statement doesn't make sense. 

1 hour ago, TwennyFo said:

A seriously interesting read with links to further sources of information should one wish to challenge ones perception. One might consider it a bit of an eye opener.

• Thanks 1

I'm personally not in the position the diagnose the scientific data, so it's in MY best interest to just play it safe...I don't like it, but it's the cards I've been dealt to play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwennyFo said:

A seriously interesting read with links to further sources of information should one wish to challenge ones perception. One might consider it a bit of an eye opener.

Had a read. Was maybe convincing when it was written (October 6th). Data in recent weeks supports a "second wave" though, even if it's not as bad as was predicted. 

• Like 1

MSM for years: LOL @ anti-vaxxers, buncha ****ing morons!

MSM from April to November: Be weary of a vaccine produced too quickly! You might die!

MSM now: Emergency use authorization applied for! Get ready for your vaccine! Life goes back to normal January 20th!

lol

• Like 1

jLCTvyrl.jpg

they need some help hauling dead bodies around?

fook yeah boys, ive found my dream job. i wont even have to dig my lovers up anymore!  that settles it. i'm putting on my cowboy boots and moving to el paso!

and then after the china hoax goes away,  i'll join the border patrol, just to ensure that Vert doesnt make it across the river

i'll be right at home in el paso. the only taco kits i buy is Old El Paso. looks like idyb is texas bound. the stoned star state.

Edited by -idyb-

looking deeper into my dream opportunity of a lifetime, apparently for $27 an hour, that morgue job doest seem to look very enticing,  most people are quitting within the first hour and a half

and now they are looking to hire low level inmates to move the dead bodies around for $2 an hour because nobody else really wants to do the job

i'll do it for two fiddy! and a bottle of ky jelly, a plane ticket to el paso, and a couple u-haul's and drivers to help relocate all my stuff.

Edited by -idyb-

6 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

looking deeper into my dream opportunity of a lifetime, apparently for $27 an hour, that morgue job doest seem to look very enticing,  most people are quitting within the first hour and a half

and now they are looking to hire low level inmates to move the dead bodies around for $2 an hour because nobody else really wants to do the job

i'll do it for two fiddy! and a bottle of ky jelly, a plane ticket to el paso, and a couple u-haul's and drivers to help relocate all my stuff.

If you happen to see Sober during your shift, please let us know.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Bwana said:

If you happen to see Sober during your shift, please let us know.

ill be applying extra embalming fluid as lube for that one. theyre gonna have to hire more inmates just to pull me off of him!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

I'm reading that you chaps will have a vaccine available and approved by 11th or 12th December. Seems to be 3 main responses...

1. Give me the vaccine as soon as possible

2. I'll take it after a few million other guinea pigs have been injected and lived. 

3. Won't touch it with a barge pole. 

Wondering where the esteemed members of the fora sit on this particular issue as we're nearing 'crunch time' from a vaccine perspective?

59 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm reading that you chaps will have a vaccine available and approved by 11th or 12th December. Seems to be 3 main responses...

2. I'll take it after a few million other guinea pigs have been injected and lived. 

Wondering where the esteemed members of the fora sit on this particular issue as we're nearing 'crunch time' from a vaccine perspective?

Hard pass. The media told me to be afraid of a vaccine for the last eight months. I'm a full blown anti-vaxxer now!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Roll out is expected end of December, and they have a priority list that will circumvent mass inoculation. To the best of my recollection it's: First responders and hospital staff 1st, elderly and the most vulnerable because of health conditions 2nd, then the rest of the herd.

It appears to be 2 types of vaccines will be released, a 1 shot vaccine & a 2 shot vaccine(2nd shot like 1 month following initial treatment). I'm sure @I_Take_Roids_m8 has more detailed and accurate information on the subject.

But considering the lack of testing available, I don't expect a fast roll out nor a viable plan to deal with the 300+ million test subjects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Roll out is expected end of December, and they have a priority list that will circumvent mass inoculation. To the best of my recollection it's: First responders and hospital staff 1st, elderly and the most vulnerable because of health conditions 2nd, then the rest of the herd.

It appears to be 2 types of vaccines will be released, a 1 shot vaccine & a 2 shot vaccine(2nd shot like 1 month following initial treatment). I'm sure @I_Take_Roids_m8 has more detailed and accurate information on the subject.

But considering the lack of testing available, I don't expect a fast roll out nor a viable plan to deal with the 300+ million test subjects.

Thanks mate, I'm fairly up to speed on what's happening in the vaccine world. 

Was more interested in people's personal take - I.e would you take it if offered, or wait a bit?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Thanks mate, I'm fairly up to speed on what's happening in the vaccine world. 

Was more interested in people's personal take - I.e would you take it if offered, or wait a bit?

I went down the rabbit hole, I'm forced to wait because of the restrictions.

But in my case I will take the vaccine at 1st opportunity, my daughter has zero/compromised immunity system...so for her protection I will bite the bullet.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

I'll be taking no Vaccine.... Real men, don't need that Chit

thats cool.  hospitals shouldnt treat you then when you get old and catch the rona

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

is there heroin in the vaccine?   if so, than shoot me up twice

Open letter to Matt Han**** from Dr Mike Yeadon, ex VP at Pfizer (and a Brit), who also worked alongside Patrick Vallance at Pfizer.
"Dear Mr Han****,
I have a degree in Biochemistry & Toxicology & a research based PhD in pharmacology. I have spent 32 years working in pharmaceutical R&D, mostly in new medicines for disorders of lung & skin. I was a VP at Pfizer & CEO of a biotech I founded (Ziarco - acquired by Novartis). I’m knowledgeable about new medicine R&D.
I have read the consultation document. I’ve rarely been as shocked & upset.
All vaccines against the SARS-COV-2 virus are by definition novel. No candidate vaccine has been in development for more than a few months.
If any such vaccine is approved for use under any circumstances that are not EXPLICITLY experimental, I believe that recipients are being misled to a criminal extent.
This is because there are precisely zero human volunteers for whom there could possibly be more than a few months past-dose safety information.
My concern does not arise because I have negative views about vaccines (I don’t), instead, it’s the very principle that politicians seem ready to waive that new medical interventions at this incomplete state of development- should not be made available to subjects on anything other than an explicitly experimental basis. That’s my concern.
And the reason for that concern is that it is not known what the safety profile will be, six months or a year or longer after dosing.
You have literally no data on this & neither does anyone else.
It isn’t that I’m saying that unacceptable adverse effects will emerge after longer intervals after dosing. No: it is that you have no idea what will happen yet, despite this, you’ll be creating the impression that you do.
Several of the vaccine candidates utilise novel technology which have not previously been used to create vaccines. There is therefore no long term safety data which can be pointed to in support of the notion that it’s reasonable to expedite development & to waive absent safety information on this occasion.
I am suspicious of the motives of those proposing expedited use in the wider human population. We now understand who is at particularly elevated risk of morbidity & mortality from acquiring this virus.
Volunteers from these groups only should be provided detailed information about risk / benefit, including the sole point I make here. Only if informed consent is given should any EXPERIMENTAL vaccine be used.
I don’t trust you. You’ve not been straightforward & have behaved appallingly throughout this crisis.
You’re still doing it now, misleading about infection risk from young children. Why should I believe you in relation to experimental vaccines?
Dr Michael Yeadon."

This is one of my concerns articulated rather well by Dr Yeadon.

My other concern would be that should the vaccine become compulsory i would suspect nefarious motives on the part of the Government especially given the numbers as set out below.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Denise Welch @RealDeniseWelch Flip the narrative Stay calm. Instead of death numbers, let's look instead at LIFE numbers: Here's the percentage of population that have NOT died with COVID Belgium 99.944% Spain: 99.956% Italy: 99.957% France 99.965% UK 99.972% NL 99.975% Sweden 99.980%'

A
Edited by TwennyFo
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Only the Weak, @Bwana @OzPride and Swedes are likely to catch such a made up Illness. 

Losers

There's something seriously wrong with your basic modus operandi.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:
Open letter to Matt Han**** from Dr Mike Yeadon, ex VP at Pfizer (and a Brit), who also worked alongside Patrick Vallance at Pfizer.
"Dear Mr Han****,
I have a degree in Biochemistry & Toxicology & a research based PhD in pharmacology. I have spent 32 years working in pharmaceutical R&D, mostly in new medicines for disorders of lung & skin. I was a VP at Pfizer & CEO of a biotech I founded (Ziarco - acquired by Novartis). I’m knowledgeable about new medicine R&D.
I have read the consultation document. I’ve rarely been as shocked & upset.
All vaccines against the SARS-COV-2 virus are by definition novel. No candidate vaccine has been in development for more than a few months.
If any such vaccine is approved for use under any circumstances that are not EXPLICITLY experimental, I believe that recipients are being misled to a criminal extent.
This is because there are precisely zero human volunteers for whom there could possibly be more than a few months past-dose safety information.
My concern does not arise because I have negative views about vaccines (I don’t), instead, it’s the very principle that politicians seem ready to waive that new medical interventions at this incomplete state of development- should not be made available to subjects on anything other than an explicitly experimental basis. That’s my concern.
And the reason for that concern is that it is not known what the safety profile will be, six months or a year or longer after dosing.
You have literally no data on this & neither does anyone else.
It isn’t that I’m saying that unacceptable adverse effects will emerge after longer intervals after dosing. No: it is that you have no idea what will happen yet, despite this, you’ll be creating the impression that you do.
Several of the vaccine candidates utilise novel technology which have not previously been used to create vaccines. There is therefore no long term safety data which can be pointed to in support of the notion that it’s reasonable to expedite development & to waive absent safety information on this occasion.
I am suspicious of the motives of those proposing expedited use in the wider human population. We now understand who is at particularly elevated risk of morbidity & mortality from acquiring this virus.
Volunteers from these groups only should be provided detailed information about risk / benefit, including the sole point I make here. Only if informed consent is given should any EXPERIMENTAL vaccine be used.
I don’t trust you. You’ve not been straightforward & have behaved appallingly throughout this crisis.
You’re still doing it now, misleading about infection risk from young children. Why should I believe you in relation to experimental vaccines?
Dr Michael Yeadon."

Basically we will all be "test subjects", as I said. Big Pharma is chasing the billions of $ they will make, and like most drugs issued to patients it's all about the cash and hookers.

But what choice do some have ?

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm assuming they're going to attempt to mandate the vaccine at my hospital. I will decline until I see how the mass reacts. 

Early reports from some other vaccines have had the test subjects have horrible side effects that are life threatening. Spinal cord inflammation being the main one. 

I'm all for a vaccine but I'm going to go as long as possible without getting one.

I work everyday in the ICU for 12 hour shifts, about 70% of the ICU or more has covid at any given time. I get tested three times a week. Twice rapid and one sent to a lab. I've been negative over 100 times. I'm doing something right. 

I think the main thing people are neglecting is proper hand washing/sanitation. I use hand sanitizer and wash my hands to the point of bleeding. I think thats the key to me.

Masks are only half of the battle imo. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Basically we will all be "test subjects", as I said. Big Pharma is chasing the billions of $ they will make, and like most drugs issued to patients it's all about the cash and hookers.

But what choice do some have ?

Some people will have no choice but to trust big pharma and the Government and i fully respect their wishes. Others will choose to take the vaccine out of fear of the virus, again, i respect their decision. I understand that i have no right to dictate to others as to their course of action and have no desire to do so.

The operative word for me is choice. My body, my life, my choice. To that end i would be willing to sign a waiver that would forbid me from seeking medical attention from the state should i contract the virus, even to the bitter end.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Some people will have no choice but to trust big pharma and the Government and i fully respect their wishes. Others will choose to take the vaccine out of fear of the virus, again, i respect their decision. I understand that i have no right to dictate to others as to their course of action and have no desire to do so.

The operative word for me is choice. My body, my life, my choice. To that end i would be willing to sign a waiver that would forbid me from seeking medical attention from the state should i contract the virus, even to the bitter end.

All men have the freedom of choice, if they make it a compulsory vaccination due to protecting society,,,,that's total BS.

I basically have no choice when the opportunity arises, but that's whats best for my individual situation....and shouldn't be forced on others that object.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

It’s kind of irrelevant to me atm because I’m 34 and in good health. I will be pretty far down on the list of priority of people to give it to.

By the time I’m allowed to get it, if everyone else is doing fine, I’ll get it myself.

I’ve had plenty of vaccines in my day, including anthrax and small pox. I’m not scared

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bwana said:

All men have the freedom of choice, if they make it a compulsory vaccination due to protecting society,,,,that's total BS.

I basically have no choice when the opportunity arises, but that's whats best for my individual situation....and shouldn't be forced on others that object.

I've read your post's where you explain your situation and that's a tough spot to find yourself in m8.  Ultimately you have to do what's best for your child.

Hopefully my ramblings will be found out to be based upon nothing but ignorance, a mistrust of Government and an over active imagination. If that turns out to be the case i will happily endure every slight, insult, and derogatory comment that the forum will throw my way, for however long that may last, lol. 

🙏

• Thanks 1

Speaking of vaccines, are you lads aware that during the revolutionary war small pox was ravaging the continental army so badly that Washington used a crude method of inoculation before there even was a small pox vaccine? They basically made an incision and then put pus from a small pox blister into it. This was very crude and risky, and required a month for the men to recover from it so if the British had gotten wind of it happening they could have crushed Washington’s Army while they were all laid up with small pox. It went about as well as it could have and saved the Army from being destroyed by small pox. 

It’s an interesting bit of history and strangely relevant to the current conversation. 

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

Speaking of vaccines, are you lads aware that during the revolutionary war small pox was ravaging the continental army so badly that Washington used a crude method of inoculation before there even was a small pox vaccine? They basically made an incision and then put pus from a small pox blister into it. This was very crude and risky, and required a month for the men to recover from it so if the British had gotten wind of it happening they could have crushed Washington’s Army while they were all laid up with small pox. It went about as well as it could have and saved the Army from being destroyed by small pox. 

It’s an interesting bit of history and strangely relevant to the current conversation. 

It was a gutsy move given the extremely limited knowledge available at the time and the consequences should it fail in it's objective.

https://www.history.com/news/smallpox-george-washington-revolutionary-war.

Spot on observation with the bold.

11 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Dues Vult. 

I'm not "that" worried about it because it can't be worse than Rona. I probably would have been on of the people that got rek by rona since i have mildly high blood pressure, smoker & an over active immune system i.e. never get flu or colds.  Cytokine storm & lasting lung damage probably would have been me. 

Admittedly i was/am a little worried about what long term health effects it may have since we basically rushed all this. I'm older now so any drop off in health capacity hurts since fitness is such a huge way of life & identity to me. 

Seven people dead after drinking hand sanitiser at party in Russia

i guess their vodka just isnt strong enough, or theres a national shortage of it.   

it really cleans your insides out.    hand sanitizer is a gateway drug.  you start by drinking purell,  and then before you know it, youre behind a dumpster in an alley somewhere shooting up lysol

lol  they drank the hand sanitizer at a house party because they ran out of booze. only in russia.

2 more of them are in the ICU in a coma.

Edited by -idyb-

Just now, VertFTW said:

More travel related companies to follow suit

The Aussies like to be told what to do.

But yeah, this was inevitable.  There will be consequences for not getting the vaccine.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'll probably be #3 for now

• Thanks 1

Some more decent vaccine news today.  The Oxford University/Astra Zeneca vaccine has hit 70% effectiveness, with 90% on a higher dose.

For me this is probably more significant than the other two vaccines:-

1. It's a similar technique to other existing vaccines (whereas the other two are fancy RNA-created vaccines)

2. It's much quicker and cheaper to produce than the other two

3. You can store it at room temperature (the Pfizer one needs to be -70!!)

Also as a Brit living in Sweden, a vaccine developed by the UK and manufactured in partnership with a Swedish company is likely to impact the countries I'm most interested in more quickly.  I haven't left this frigid country for over a year now and I'm getting a bit fed up tbh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Some more decent vaccine news today.  The Oxford University/Astra Zeneca vaccine has hit 70% effectiveness, with 90% on a higher dose.

For me this is probably more significant than the other two vaccines:-

1. It's a similar technique to other existing vaccines (whereas the other two are fancy RNA-created vaccines)

2. It's much quicker and cheaper to produce than the other two

3. You can store it at room temperature (the Pfizer one needs to be -70!!)

Also as a Brit living in Sweden, a vaccine developed by the UK and manufactured in partnership with a Swedish company is likely to impact the countries I'm most interested in more quickly.  I haven't left this frigid country for over a year now and I'm getting a bit fed up tbh.

Certainly the Phizer version requiring a -70 storage will be an issue for many hospitals & doctor office locations, the expense in upgrading refrigeration equipment alone is a problem.

• Like 1

So far how the vaccines all work are similar which gives me confidence in their effectiveness and safety. 

I will be way down the list and I'm not worried about dying from Rona so if it's available next fall, I will get it. 

25 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Certainly the Phizer version requiring a -70 storage will be an issue for many hospitals & doctor office locations, the expense in upgrading refrigeration equipment alone is a problem.

Yeah, they're talking about having regional drop in centres and stuff like that. Whereas the Oxford one can just be delivered to any standard doctor's practice.

Small steps, but all steps in the right direction. Probably...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

mcmod's heart stays at well under -70 degrees.  they should just store the vaccines in there.

Not surprising vaccine will be mandatory for international travel. Most people dont have a problem getting shots for hep a and b, TB, cholera before traveling to a foreign country. It is a logical extension.

I should add that im firmly pro vax but think forcing people to undertake a potentially harmful medical procedure should be approached with extreme caution. As others have stated the timeframe is unprecedented, and as uncomfortable as it may be, i think keeping international borders closed for an extra 12 months would be preferable.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2020 at 9:49 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

1.5?

Would like to be 2 but somewhat immune deficient but not so much I get classified as a 1.

• Like 2