VertFTW

Corona Virus Thread

probably won't be as bad as Italy but it is inevitable, the only thing you can do is slow down the propagation so to not overload the system for that 4-5%for which it can become life threatening. Also carnival was here a couple of weeks ago, wait for the number of cases to increase if just a single person there had it :P

• Like 1

We had our daily covid meeting today and video conference with other hospitals. We are immediately locking down. Not letting visitors into the hospital unless there is a change in their families condition. We are also ramping upto temp check everyone who comes in, including staff upto five times during a shift. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

NCoV board hitlist 

1. Mauro

2. SVT

4. AMUMERA

5. BUBBASPARKS

Did you just mess up counting to 5?

Put me above Amunera. He's younger than me. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

i just loaded up on toilet paper cause i dont want to be running low and not being able to find any in stores and its already became the great toilet paper apocalypse of 2020 over here this week and the other day there wasnt any on shelves anywhere.   what a  bunch of crap

i better at least get to see khabib vs tony before i catch this chit and die.   but at least when i die i'll die with a clean butthole.  time to build me a Charmin castle and kill some zombies.

Edited by -idyb-

4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Time to panick bros

Nah. Unless you're over 50, have existing respiratory issues, or immunocompromised, theres no need to panic. 

7 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Nah. Unless you're over 50, have existing respiratory issues, or immunocompromised, theres no need to panic. 

vert wont have to worry because mexicans have built up a natural immunity to the virus from all the corona beers they drink.

Got around to watching Micheal Osterholm on JRE. What he had to say was both informative & a little concerning. 

Basically said we're just in the beginning stage of this & it's gonna be around a while which i suspected. Vaccine is likely no where in sight for a while.  

Seems even younger folks 30's & 40's are at risk as well from data he looked at but oddly not so much for people in their 20's. Especially smokers & people with high blood pressure which i'm both. 

LOL @ Joe trying to find any angle to covert sling his over priced pro-biotics to help. Joe looked so sad when he basically told him repeatedly they don't really do $hit haha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I know people that are getting REKT with nCoV and they aren't old.

• Haha 2

Just now, StompGrind said:

Got around to watching Micheal Osterholm on JRE. What he had to say was both informative & a little concerning. 

Basically said we're just in the beginning stage of this & it's gonna be around a while which i suspected. Vaccine is likely no where in sight for a while.  

Seems even younger folks 30's & 40's are at risk as well from data he looked at but oddly not so much for people in their 20's. Especially smokers & people with high blood pressure which i'm both. 

LOL @ Joe trying to find any angle to covert sling his over priced pro-biotics to help. Joe looked so sad when he basically told him repeatedly they don't really do $hit haha

Surprised rogan didnt start to argue about the devastating effects of leg kicks lol

@juice64011 that virologist didnt confirm virus is airborne...but sounds like it sorta can be which is terrible if true...

• Like 1

With regard to the stock market the way people panic is silly. If you're not a day trader just stay put & you'll make money over time. 

You're basically saying i want to lose my @ss cutting loses because things won't ever recover. I mean unless we get hit with an asteroid...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Yeah, it will probably dip in the summer, be bad again next winter, then be just another flu we get a vaccine against the winter after.  

No biggie :)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Yeah, it will probably dip in the summer, be bad again next winter, then be just another flu we get a vaccine against the winter after.  

No biggie :)

I'm fairly concerned for my mom but not so much myself. I'm a little concerned for the next version if it mutates or something else worse comes along. 

The way that things are i think the world is very ill prepared and a lot of the drugs are manufactured in China. The infrastructure in the US at least is sort of broken. 

Something interesting i heard about recently from Eric Weinstein with regard to the use of mice in the medical testing field. Long story and difficult to explain but his brother Brett discovered one of the main labs one that produces mice for testing nearly every where in America their genetics have changed over time and it's largely different with regard to telomeres. It was long thought mice had long telomeres but he saw something in the data that led him to hypothesis it was incorrect so they tested it and found it was only in these test mice of which there is really mainly that specific lab in the US that is the major supplier and with regard to testing new drugs and vaccines it has huge implications and a reason for some of the mishap drugs/vaccines having to be pulled because they were found to be harmful or ineffective. 

Here are two podcast if you wanna check it out. Warning: It's nerdy & i'm gonna have to shut you down lol on No Biggie. 

Edited by StompGrind

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

I know people that are getting REKT with nCoV and they aren't old.

Wheres your proof?

Also, we are being locked down as of midnight. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

That's the funny thing. People are panicking. But of the first 100,000 who got it. 97000 were fine, outside having a flu. Maybe 1000 of them more serious, but for the most part, it was just a flu

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

The way that things are i think the world is very ill prepared and a lot of the drugs are manufactured in China. The infrastructure in the US at least is sort of broken. 

Trumps case for making America self sufficient and less reliant on the global market looks stronger by the day. Relying so heavily on China, your fiercest adversary in terms of global supremacy, for so many of your goods was never going to be a smart strategy.

One would think that Trumps 'made in the USA' mantra will sound pretty good come November. ****Globalism should become his new campaign slogan.

Edited by TwennyFo

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

I'm fairly concerned for my mom but not so much myself. I'm a little concerned for the next version if it mutates or something else worse comes along. 

Something interesting i heard about recently from Eric Weinstein with regard to the use of mice in the medical testing field. Long story and difficult to explain but his brother Brett discovered one of the main labs one that produces mice for testing nearly every where in America their genetics have changed over time and it's largely different with regard to telomeres. It was long thought mice had long telomeres but he saw something in the data that led him to hypothesis it was incorrect so they tested it and found it was only in these test mice of which there is really mainly that specific lab in the US that is the major supplier and with regard to testing new drugs and vaccines it has huge implications and a reason for some of the mishap drugs/vaccines having to be pulled because they were found to be harmful or ineffective. 

Here are two podcast if you wanna check it out. Warning: It's nerdy & i'm gonna have to shut you down lol on No Biggie. 

Yeah, my 75 yo asthmatic mum has an unpleasantly low survival rate if she gets it. Generally these things become less harmful over time though; we build resistance plus their genetic drift generally make them less harmful as the host surviving is a plus point for the virus' survival. 

• Like 1

Silver Watchdog (@Silver_Watchdog) twitteó a las 10:01 a. m. on jue., mar 12, 2020:
BREAKING NEWS: BRAZIL'S PRESIDENT TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS
(https://twitter.com/Silver_Watchdog/status/1238132942431571969?s=09)

Lol

Edited by VertFTW

Had to take my 12yr old to Children's hospital this am...this hospital is so dumb...they are forcing every guest to wear a bracelet...they are administering this via hand to hand contact prior to washing or sanitizing...i thought the entire point of infectious disease control was to NOT spread it but they are going to make everyone wear a bracelet from the hospital that will (eventually) have the virus here....its as if they want it to spread...new orleans stands no chance.

20 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

We had our daily covid meeting today and video conference with other hospitals. We are immediately locking down. Not letting visitors into the hospital unless there is a change in their families condition. We are also ramping upto temp check everyone who comes in, including staff upto five times during a shift. 

I currently have two out of the three symptoms of covid. I just don't have a fever. My daughter has been bringing home a cold from preschool every other week for months so it's most likely just a cold.

I'm only 33 and healthy so I'm not so much worried about it but I'd hate to be spreading it around to people who are at risk. 

It's a catch-22. To be proactive and go get tested for it will also put an undue burden on doctors who will have less time to treat actual sick people.

There's only 5 confirmed cases in NH right now, but I'm on the border with MA which has over a hundred now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

Trumps case for making America self sufficient and less reliant on the global market looks stronger by the day. Relying so heavily on China, your fiercest adversary in terms of global supremacy, for so many of your goods was never going to be a smart strategy.

One would think that Trumps 'made in the USA' mantra will sound pretty good come November. ****Globalism should become his new campaign slogan.

And what exactly has he done that has made us less reliable on Chinese goods other than paying lip service to the notion?

The fact of the matter is that we will never manufacture **** here because businesses don't want to pay even the minimum wage here when they can get Chinese peasants to do it basically free.

Republicans only care about profit margins. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MoZZez said:

That's the funny thing. People are panicking. But of the first 100,000 who got it. 97000 were fine, outside having a flu. Maybe 1000 of them more serious, but for the most part, it was just a flu

hey man can you go and tell Gary Bettman that theres nothing to worry about and its just a flu?  Now the NHL has pretty much cancelled the season and I want my hockey back.

My wife works at the hospital and some lady just came in demanding a test because a package she just got said it "was made in China" 

I'm kind of rooting for Coronavirus at this point. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

I currently have two out of the three symptoms of covid. I just don't have a fever. My daughter has been bringing home a cold from preschool every other week for months so it's most likely just a cold.

I'm only 33 and healthy so I'm not so much worried about it but I'd hate to be spreading it around to people who are at risk. 

It's a catch-22. To be proactive and go get tested for it will also put an undue burden on doctors who will have less time to treat actual sick people.

There's only 5 confirmed cases in NH right now, but I'm on the border with MA which has over a hundred now.

Yeah man get tested early. I saw a case this morning on the news while at work where a 60ish year old guy had symptoms and got tested, it came back negative and they let him go home. He got worse over a weeks time and then got retested and he tested positive. 

Two of the things I was thinking about today are mail workers and MONEY. My cousin works for USPS as a mail man and is worried. Money never gets sanitized so theres that threar that a lot of people are over looking. 

I'd try to use debit/credit cards for a while to be honest. 

• Like 1