9 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Do?

• Bypass Francis For A Title Shot?
    • Third Fight With Francis?
    • Rozenstruik If He Wins?
    • Winner Of Lewis vs. Latifi?
    • Walt Harris?
    • Alexander Volkov?
    • Other Option (List Who In The Comments)?

Image result for curtis blaydes

So Curtis picked up his third straight and arguably biggest win of his career against former champion Junior Dos Santos at the weekend. This means he's currently ranked third in the division overall and will likely remain in this spot once the rankings are updated on Wednesday. This latest win further highlights the awkward position that he is in. 

Title Tied Up

While three wins would often be enough to get yourself a crack at the title at the Heavyweight title but with Stipe Miocic just returning from injury and he and Cormier looking set to meet for a third time to settle their rivalry the current title picture means Blaydes likely won't see a title shot till late 2020 at the earliest or potentially even as late as early 2021. 

Curtis Kryptonite

There is no doubt that the main person who makes Blaydes title aspirations the most difficult is Francis Ngannou who is ranked just above Curtis as the second best Heavyweight in the division and a man who has already beaten Blaydes decisively twice. Even if for some reason Francis were to accept a third fight with Blaydes he would likely be gambling any chance of a potential future title shot while Ngannou is ranked above him if he were to lose for a third time.

Lack Of Other Competition

With a third fight with Francis seeming unlikely just now Blaydes find himself in the awkward spot of having already faced a lot of the similarly ranked opposition to him. With wins already over JDS, Overeem, Abdurakhimov, Hunt and Oleinik already. 

So What Do You Do With Blaydes?

Edited by Jolldan

7 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

What do you do with Blaydes if he loses to Ngannou again ?

That's what I find so interesting about this case. 

He loses to him he's pretty much out of the title picture until someone can come along and beat Ngannou or just say Ngannou goes on to win the title after he's not getting a crack until Francis loses it.

If I was his manager/coach I would tell him to go after a fight with Volkov, yes he only just beat Hardy who isn't exactly a top tier name but Volkov has only been beaten once in the UFC so far (in a fight he was winning). He seems about the biggest name he can get right now. Avoid the third Ngannou fight until you know winning it will definitely get you a title shot. 

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

That's what I find so interesting about this case. 

He loses to him he's pretty much out of the title picture until someone can come along and beat Ngannou or just say Ngannou goes on to win the title after he's not getting a crack until Francis loses it.

If I was his manager/coach I would tell him to go after a fight with Volkov, yes he only just beat Hardy who isn't exactly a top tier name but Volkov has only been beaten once in the UFC so far (in a fight he was winning). He seems about the biggest name he can get right now. Avoid the third Ngannou fight until you know winning it will definitely get you a title shot. 

Speaking for myself, I don't care about Blaydes vs Volkov or Lewis

2 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Speaking for myself, I don't care about Blaydes vs Volkov or Lewis

Don't get me wrong neither of those matches do anything for me either. 

I just think if he's gonna get a crack without fighting Francis again he's gonna need one or two more impressive finishes to make himself undeniable. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Don't get me wrong neither of those matches do anything for me either. 

I just think if he's gonna get a crack without fighting Francis again he's gonna need one or two more impressive finishes to make himself undeniable. 

Agreed.

Tell him to be ready as a short notice replacement for any of the HW title matches.

Could also give him Rozenstruik after Ngannou fights him in March.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Quite simple

Dana forces Stipe to fight DC ASAP. If Stipe says no? Then the UFC screw him over and have DC/Blades interim belt

Winner fights Stipe..

Or, if Dana was playing complete chithouserey games. He just strips Stipe

So who Stipe wants to fight then ?

Im not following this topic but why he does not want to fight DC ?

On 1/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, Decompoze said:

Agreed.

Tell him to be ready as a short notice replacement for any of the HW title matches.

Could also give him Rozenstruik after Ngannou fights him in March. 

Would he want it if Rozenstruik loses though? 

4 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Curtis last 3 Ws were really nothing to brag about and ask for a title ffs.

Give him Latifi and Lewis winner. 

Think this one could be an interesting one either way, Lewis always brings big power but who knows how well Latifi will do at HW. 

6 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Would he want it if Rozenstruik loses though? 

Think this one could be an interesting one either way, Lewis always brings big power but who knows how well Latifi will do at HW. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8fk7QzmwgYOrPhBGwjrB

He SHOULD be fighting DC while Francis fights Stipe. With the BS going on, him against Black Beast after he blacks latifi is good

• Like 1

Just now, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Stipe’s already derailed that hype train 

Stipe is getting his life changed in the rematch. Forced retirement incoming

19 hours ago, LayDownDead said:

He SHOULD be fighting DC while Francis fights Stipe. 

Ahhhh, the good ol' days....