6 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I knew it was a bad idea when Reyes' corner told him they were 5 minutes away from the belt. Even if he was tired he could have tried harder in the 5th if he thought he needed to win the round. 

In my eyes if he turned it up the last two minutes he absolutely wins the fight pretty handily. Even if you think you're up three you shouldn't play it safe & coast on fumes. Just fkn go for it if there is any doubt it's close. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

In my eyes if he turned it up the last two minutes he absolutely wins the fight pretty handily. Even if you think you're up three you shouldn't play it safe & coast on fumes. Just fkn go for it if there is any doubt it's close. 

How would turning up the last two minutes of a fight swayed a moronic judge who had it 49-46 Jones? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

How would turning up the last two minutes of a fight swayed a moronic judge who had it 49-46 Jones? 

Fair enough. I barely pay attention to that stuff. Just figured it would seal a definite 3 rds because Reyes won the first two easily. 

• Like 1

Stats dont always tell the story well, Reyes came out swinging....its a 5 round fight but he was gambling on taking jones out early....didnt work. Jones didnt join in, he kept his pace & at that pace gave plenty back in return while reyes slowed & slowed.

jones fought the fight for what it was, 5 rounds, reyes didnt come for 5 rounds, he went all out early & failed to stop Jones. If Jones came out strong instead of pacing himself he would have looked good too,  Reyes didnt win the fight just like Gustafsson didnt, didnt do enough, didnt stop him. 

Haters will always hate, people just want to see Jones lose. Nothing new there. Funny thing is that you all know if theres a rematch, Jones will just come in having learned a lot from this fight & probably beat Reyes decisively.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, agtx said:

Stats dont always tell the story well, Reyes came out swinging....its a 5 round fight but he was gambling on taking jones out early....didnt work. Jones didnt join in, he kept his pace & at that pace gave plenty back in return while reyes slowed & slowed.

jones fought the fight for what it was, 5 rounds, reyes didnt come for 5 rounds, he went all out early & failed to stop Jones. If Jones came out strong instead of pacing himself he would have looked good too,  Reyes didnt win the fight just like Gustafsson didnt, didnt do enough, didnt stop him. 

Haters will always hate, people just want to see Jones lose. Nothing new there. Funny thing is that you all know if theres a rematch, Jones will just come in having learned a lot from this fight & probably beat Reyes decisively.

I'm not a hater, I think Reyes is a nonce as well so honestly didn't care who won. But after 3 rounds I was thinking Jon is gonna need to finish this fight or at least get a 10-8. I find it absolutely baffling people (albeit very few people) think Jon clearly won that fight.

• Like 3

You dummies just dont know how scoring works.

Reyes won 1,2,3 which sums up to 6.

Jones won 4 and 5 which equals 9. 

9 > 6 idiots

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, agtx said:

I fully agree that Jon would smoke Reyes in a rematch just like he did to Gus. His camp is very good at analyzing fights and making adjustments as is Jon himself. 

The rest of your post I couldn't disagree with more. I can't stand the notion of having to finish the champ to win. Reyes outscored Jones in the first 3 in total sig strikes and landed the more meaningful shots. Thats all you have to do in a 5 round fight.

Doesnt matter if you slow down in the last 2 if you have 3 in the bag as long as you dont let the opponent get a 10-8 or get the finish obviously. Neither 4 or 5 was close to a 10-8 and Jones never really came close to finishing the fight.

Robbery just like Gus/Jones 1. It was the same exact fight except Jones wasnt nearly as dominant in the 4th/5th against Reyes as he was against Gus.

All in all I guess it doesnt matter because Jones wins the rematch anyway

Edited by OmoGOAT
  • Like 3

What we learnt was that reyes when hes on full offensive cant stop jones, he tried & failed, then he didnt have enough left in the tank  to do much to jones later on, spent the rest of his cardio running & dancing, getting up from takedowns. I think Jones came up with the wrong gameplan, reyes didnt quite behave how jones had expected, jones was more consistent, did more mma & spent more of the 5 rounds advancing & being actively agressive than reyes.

id sooner keep jones as champ than have reyes as new champ anyway, i think santos & most others at the top could beat him. Doesnt anyone else see the value in having a dominant champ? Its not like Jones got rekt & was gifted a win. I look forward to his next fight. 

49 minutes ago, agtx said:

What we learnt was that reyes when hes on full offensive cant stop jones, he tried & failed, then he didnt have enough left in the tank  to do much to jones later on, spent the rest of his cardio running & dancing, getting up from takedowns. I think Jones came up with the wrong gameplan, reyes didnt quite behave how jones had expected, jones was more consistent, did more mma & spent more of the 5 rounds advancing & being actively agressive than reyes.

id sooner keep jones as champ than have reyes as new champ anyway, i think santos & most others at the top could beat him. Doesnt anyone else see the value in having a dominant champ? Its not like Jones got rekt & was gifted a win. I look forward to his next fight. 

We learned that in a 5 round fight that Jones could not get Reyes in trouble one single time. Reyes had Jones pinned against the cage more than once and Jones turned his back and ran away.

He's not a dominant champ when he fails multiple drug tests and should have lost multiple fights. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Bwana said:

Terrible judges

This seemed to be a running theme throughout the night. Holy chit, those judges were bad.

• Like 2

Think jones tried a spinning elbow that missed & ended up with his back to reyes so he had to reset before he got caught with something.

Jones is still your lhw champ, deal with it. End of the day Its more exciting when you care about if the guy wins or not. 

Edited by agtx

3 minutes ago, agtx said:

Think jones tried a spinning elbow that missed & ended up with his back to reyes so he had to reset before he got caught with something.

Reyes also had him against the cage throwing a combo and Jones ducked to his left, turned, and ran

6 hours ago, TUF said:

You dummies just dont know how scoring works.

Reyes won 1,2,3 which sums up to 6.

Jones won 4 and 5 which equals 9. 

9 > 6 idiots

Ah, the old Texas rules ?

• Like 1

Reyes did surprisingly well, I'm glad it was a good fight even thought the judges fudged it up in the end. Jones did nothing except 2 harmless short takedowns while Reyes had Jones in trouble several times.  Reyes kept moving which was probably the single most important thing in this fight. Again we saw that when Jones fights someone near his own size, he isn't as godly as his lovers make him out to be. Jones is used to moving only a little if at all to dodge his opponents' attacks which saves his energy allowing him to turn it up during the championship rounds. I think Jones was surprised how well Reyes was able to hit him. Reyes also used a lot of leg kicks (finally!). Jones used more, though. If irc Reyes put Jones on his bum countering his leg kick. I would have liked to see more of those. Reyes' takedown defense was surprisingly good too and he got up quickly without taking any damage. This was probably due to his size again. Jones is used to wrestling people that are like children compared to him. Take the leverage advantage away and suddenly his wrestling isn't that good anymore even though he defeated an olympian...

If they do the rematch, I hope Reyes doesn't go the Gus route and abandon everything that worked while Jones's team comes up with improvements.

It's an interesting night when Valentina goes out and puts on a good performance (that Chookagian girl can really take a pounding) and gets a finish while the LHW champ runs and gets a gift decision.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, agtx said:

Pokes was doing a good job of slipping and rolling with the punches. People get excited when they see someone they don't like who is dominate being attacked, even if it's not really landing. Close fight, no robbery. Reyes ran too much for my liking, Jon would tuck and run at moments but Reyes was retreating from the 3rd round on. Jon has definitely lost a step(picto) though, he usually lands his take downs with ease, he dumped DC on his butt not that long ago

Andrea Lee is asking for pics of the judge that was on his phone or talking to other people instead of watching the fight. I'm guessing she's going to appeal that decision. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Andrea Lee is asking for pics of the judge that was on his phone or talking to other people instead of watching the fight. I'm guessing she's going to appeal that decision. 

I hope my parlays get paid out too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

It was amateur night at the judges table, anyone that doesn't see that is a random clueless fan...Halle Berry left her seat and went to the back row.

• Like 1