Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Valiant attempt by Reyes but...

1 hour ago, DoomPatrol said:

Who wrote that? The judges' scores are handwritten, but the final result is done by computer. That's strange. I wonder what the procedure is.

It is weird. The commission is saying that the bottom part is the mistake but I haven't seen any details either. 

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

????

Bullchiit

Round 1

giphy.gif

Round 2

giphy.gif

Round 3

giphy.gif

Round 4

giphy.gif

Round 5

giphy.gif

What else you got Taco ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Bullchiit

Round 1

giphy.gif

Round 2

giphy.gif

Round 3

giphy.gif

Round 4

giphy.gif

Round 5

giphy.gif

What else you got Taco ?

many of those flurries were not very effective at all....and are prob the reason he gassed out last two rounds......please watch carefully the footage.

15 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

many of those flurries were not very effective at all....and are prob the reason he gassed out last two rounds......please watch carefully the footage.

They were much more effective than throwing leg kicks and having your takedowns repeatedly stopped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, DoomPatrol said:

Now this is what I'd like to see more on this forum ☝️

100% agree...nice analysis.

Also, I was waiting to see classic Jones (e.g., spinning elbows and kicks) and felt he didn't look himself...in fact, he looked much more beatable than usual, almost lethargic. Likely, he thought it would be a cakewalk with Reyes, and underestimated the caliber of the fighter. Not taking anything away from Reyes at all, who I felt did do enough to win 3 of 5 rounds. Also, Jones' post-fight interview sounded as if he was trying to convince the booing crowd why he deserved the win, which came across as sad and IMHO, rather pathetic. Jones needs to focus more...and Reyes deserves a rematch.

Edited by hoonga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, hoonga said:

and Reyes deserves a rematch.

lol yeah but maybe he needs to take a couple of tune up fights and try again in a year or two(better). If he gets a rushed shot again and loses hes toast.

33 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol yeah but maybe he needs to take a couple of tune up fights and try again in a year or two(better). If he gets a rushed shot again and loses hes toast.

Gus did that and got his 'well deserved rematch/robbery' years later..

Gus is now retired

• Like 1

Jones is done in the USADA era. He's gotten lucky decisions in his last two and he's only barely making it to the scorecards because of the respect he earned early in his career. Once he gets his lights put out or the judges don't save him he will lose that aura of invincibility and he'll start dropping fights left and right and/or finally get banned for steroids.

Edited by 12еr
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:54 PM, VertFTW said:

Na, he did no damage...no prize fighting judge will give you a title like that...you need to do damage, finish and significantly beat a champ beyond a shadow of a doubt...you guys dont know anything about mma or prize fighting.

On 2/9/2020 at 1:55 PM, VertFTW said:

Show me when Reyes did damage? Jones was never in any risk

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Those flurries did damage, more than Jones did...make up your mind already Mr.Flipflop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Those flurries did damage, more than Jones did...make up your mind already Mr.Flipflop.

when I say flurries I didnt confirm everything was landing...in fact what I am saying is that those flurries were very ineffective and Jones did a great job in defending.

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

when I say flurries I didnt confirm everything was landing...in fact what I am saying is that those flurries were very ineffective and Jones did a great job in defending.

You're stoned aren't you ?, admit it man...stoned out of your Mexican mind, love it.

#Vertstonedbless

23 hours ago, hoonga said:

100% agree...nice analysis.

Also, I was waiting to see classic Jones (e.g., spinning elbows and kicks) and felt he didn't look himself...in fact, he looked much more beatable than usual, almost lethargic. Likely, he thought it would be a cakewalk with Reyes, and underestimated the caliber of the fighter. Not taking anything away from Reyes at all, who I felt did do enough to win 3 of 5 rounds. Also, Jones' post-fight interview sounded as if he was trying to convince the booing crowd why he deserved the win, which came across as sad and IMHO, rather pathetic. Jones needs to focus more...and Reyes deserves a rematch.

He's off the picos (maybe) and fighting near-equal sized man in his prime, not children or senior citizens.

22 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Reyes going full blown weidman like cringe on talk shows..God hes annoying

I agree with that, he lost on the cards....move on with your career, not claim this "people's champion" BS.

All this talk of re-matches....I'd rather see new fights.  To me, an instant re-match should only be granted to a champion who has held their belt for 5+ wins, or to someone who was clearly and subjectively robbed of a chance for victory (such as referee calling a tap when there wasn't one). I don't think a controversial decision should be suitable criteria for a re-match.

Reyes should take the Robbie Lawler route.  He lost a tight decision to Hendricks on 15th March 2014.  Instead of wining and pouting about deserving a rematch, he had beaten two contenders by July 26th, and put himself in prime position for a rematch, which he got less than 9 months after their first fight.

Reyes is a young lad.  He should be calling out Anderson immediately, win that fight, then getting himself on the same card as Jones v Blachowicz against another top 5 (Smith or Santos).  Then he puts himself in a position either to step in if there's an injury, or make himself a no-brainer for a title shot.  Much better route to the title than mincing around talking about being the people's champion.

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Reyes is a young lad.  He should be calling out Anderson immediately, win that fight, then getting himself on the same card as Jones v Blachowicz against another top 5 (Smith or Santos).  Then he puts himself in a position either to step in if there's an injury, or make himself a no-brainer for a title shot.  Much better route to the title than mincing around talking about being the people's champion.

I seriously doubt Reyes calls out a guy that got slabbed in 3 min.by Blachowicz + Smith and Santos are glorified jobbers

21 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

I seriously doubt Reyes calls out a guy that got slabbed in 3 min.by Blachowicz + Smith and Santos are glorified jobbers

So he should fight someone lower ranked than those 3? Interesting...

3 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

So he should fight someone lower ranked than those 3? Interesting...

The UFC will follow the money as per norm - Jones v Reyes ll  w/ Blachowicz v Oezdemir co- main ...

2 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

The UFC will follow the money as per norm - Jones v Reyes ll  w/ Blachowicz v Oezdemir co- main ...

Of course they will, but that's not what we're talking about.

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

Of course they will, but that's not what we're talking about.

The conversation is about Reyes calling someone out - Reyes would look insane calling for any fight except a rematch,

.... that would be like Volkan calling out Walker after he lost the controversial split with Reyes .

* I just heard Chael say Reyes's leg is f****d-up, so we may indeed get Jon v Jan-

Just now, Bezerker101 said:

The conversation is about Reyes calling someone out - Reyes would look insane calling for any fight except a rematch,

.... that would be like Volkan calling out Walker after he lost the controversial split with Reyes .

* I just heard Chael say Reyes's leg is f****d-up, so we may indeed get Jon v Jan-

I disagree. He should stop whining, admit he lost and fight his way back to the belt.  I have no time for these entitled millenials.

24 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I disagree. He should stop whining, admit he lost and fight his way back to the belt.  I have no time for these entitled millenials.

The problem is that the majority thinks that Reyes won and Solis's 4-1 card is an insult to the fan's intelligence .

* What should have happened (in the world of championship manhood) is Jones should have given Reyes an immediate rematch during the post-fight interview,

I personally have no interest in seeing Jon fight some inevitable +500,

I also believe Reyes would be a slight favorite in the rematch-

ferret.jpg.708654e0fbd987632b38ea158417422f.jpg

Edited by Bezerker101

3 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Reyes' leg is just bruised. The only reason he showed it was to promote a CBD product he was using. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Reyes' leg is just bruised. The only reason he showed it was to promote a CBD product he was using. 

That's good news, .... people told me not to listen to Sonnen  ?

jon jones has turned into a glorified decision machine.    both GSP and Jon Jones have 2 finishes in their last 10 fights.