Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

Cejudo Defending Against Aldo at UFC 250 on May 19 in Sāo Paulo

My favourite part of the tweet is "per Dana White and additional sources", implying that Dana White isn't credible enough and he had to get it confirmed elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Biff Tannen must be making bank off these fights cause Cejudo beating the flyweight GOAT, bantamweight GOAT, and featherweight GOAT is the worst timeline

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Are all these fights Aldo has been getting a payment for taking a dive against MacGregor or something? I don't really believe that but I honestly can't see why he is even considered as relevant anymore yet here he is getting a title fight after losing what I think was his only bantamweight fight. WTF? If anything they should have put #2 Sterling against the champ and Yan against Aldo for the next shot IF (when) Yan won. Why put #2 vs #3 at the same time as # 6 gets a title shot when neither #2 or #3 has ever had a title shot??? Oh I get it, where the fight is held determines who get the fight...sigh.

Edited by Yerbo
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, Yerbo said:

Are all these fights Aldo has been getting a payment for taking a dive against MacGregor or something? I don't really believe that but I honestly can't see why he is even considered as relevant anymore yet here he is getting a title fight after losing what I think was his only bantamweight fight. WTF? If anything they should have put #2 Sterling against the champ and Yan against Aldo for the next shot IF (when) Yan won. Why put #2 vs #3 at the same time as # 6 gets a title shot when neither #2 or #3 has ever had a title shot??? Oh I get it, where the fight is held determines who get the fight...sigh.

There's no grand conspiracy. Aldo getting a title shot will sell tickets in Brazil. The rest of the names you mentioned don't. It's really that simple.

• Like 2

both aldo and romero are 0-2 in their last 2 fights and theyre getting a title shot. thats how much of a circus show the ufc has became.

they should at least have to sit on the couch for a year and then beat cowboy at welterweight in order to earn those title shots

stand by for next weekend, when two other bums fight for a vacated title in a vacated division

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

There's no grand conspiracy. Aldo getting a title shot will sell tickets in Brazil. The rest of the names you mentioned don't. It's really that simple.

Yes I know, I said that in my last sentence. As for the conspiracy thing I was clearly being facetious.

Thing is, that makes this almost not a real sport. Hey, the Niners and Chiefs are the top 2 teams but the game is in Miami so let's put the Dolphins in!

Edited by Yerbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

aldo has been losing all the way to the bank for this fight

Edited by -idyb-

Aldo will win fairly easy ... Aldo fights better in Brazil ?

Aldo getting a title shot is just a clear message that you need to have some name and be a drawer to get a title shot.

Circus

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

2nd time of asking - Can Aldo make weight again?

Probably not ... But he will make the weight in Brazil (cough couch)

15 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

So if Aldo loses, he gets the title, right? 

Not unless Frankie loses his next fight in which case he gets the call over Aldo 

19 hours ago, skillandpower said:

It will be a fairly easy fight for Aldo imo

.... hopefully he's sizable dawg too- ?