Sign in to follow this  
I_Take_Roids_m8

Watch UFC 249 get cancelled.

26 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I have a feeling 249 is getting cancelled due to the lolcoronavirus. 

That's all I had to say

Yep.  That fight is cursed.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I have a feeling 249 is getting cancelled due to the lolcoronavirus. 

That's all I had to say

Just have it in empty arena...they will make funds via ppv

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think if it comes to that they'll probably just move the venue to Vegas. 

I don't think the UFC is gonna back out for this one. 

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

maybe theyd move it out of state.   would be too expensive for the fans who already purchased  their tickets to have to go to the other side of the continent to see it.     either that or they fight in an empty arena.  or move it to vegas and sh*t all over their fans some more, and sell the tickets on a first come first served basis which could do them more harm than good, not that they care about their reputation anymore when theyll move an event out of state on a weeks notice just to accomodate a repeated steroid abuser who still cant put the needle down

also im pretty sure that khabib swore that he'd never fight in vegas anymore after the commission went hard on him and his homeboys.     what they really need to do is lock khabiib and tony in shipping containers until the day of the fight and then have them fight in the ufc training center.   if this fight gets cancelled for the 5th time im gonna blow my brains out

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

I was thinking that but I doubt Dana would go along with that. I think this fight is cursed. 

2 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Vegas is getting banged with Corvid19

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bwana said:

Vegas is getting banged with Corvid19

Whatever. I just don't see the UFC canceling this event because of panic culture. 

23 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Whatever. I just don't see the UFC canceling this event because of panic culture. 

I definitely do, the city could force all gatherings over 1000 people be cancelled...it's happening now. The fight is a month away and New York is having a serious outbreak according to Como.

They'll move the event, or fight in an empty arena.....bet on it.

15 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I definitely do, the city could force all gatherings over 1000 people be cancelled...it's happening now. The fight is a month away and New York is having a serious outbreak according to Como.

They'll move the event, or fight in an empty arena.....bet on it.

Move sure. Cancel the whole thing i srsly doubt it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

Move sure. Cancel the whole thing i srsly doubt it. 

Sorry, misunderstood your post.

The NCAA Tournament will be played with no fans in the stands, and they're considering cancelling/delaying the Olympics...so the world is shutting down and buying toilet paper, hand sanitizer and Listerine.

EDIT: Trump just banned all travel to/from Europe for 1 month.

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 3

nba is pretty much done.  later on this morning they are probably gonna call off the NHL season.

all i gotta say is i better get my god damn khabib fight before its my turn to catch the corona virus and die with a clean butthole.

Edited by -idyb-

Sounds like regular flu to me, loads of old people & people with a weak immune system die every year, most people show hardly any ill effects from it & are fine afterwards, media is just a massive ****. 

Edited by agtx
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jaybird86 said:

I have tix for there and Columbus and zero confidence that either happen.

I thought about buying tickets for Columbus and just assumed it'll be cancelled.

Also, passing on buying tickets for the San Diego card until a day or two prior.

20 hours ago, VertFTW said:

I think that's what will happen. Probably at the UFC owned venue in Vegas where they did the Contender Series last year, not at an actual arena.

With the major sporting events being cancelled, and the NBA cancelling it's season, and the NHL soon to follow...the UFC will have no legal choice but to make changes to the event location or gate availability.

• Like 1

Today our government decided to shut down all 500+ events until summer. Some sports teams are playing in empty arenas and fans are outside singing. People are stockpiling toilet paper and sanitizer already.

4 hours ago, Bwana said:

With the major sporting events being cancelled, and the NBA cancelling it's season, and the NHL soon to follow...the UFC will have no legal choice but to make changes to the event location or gate availability.

They will need to be legally forced for sure.

Edited by Decompoze

looks like theyre gonna have to move the event

these 500 tickets oughtta be hella expensive!

Edited by -idyb-

27 minutes ago, DoomPatrol said:

Today our government decided to shut down all 500+ events until summer. Some sports teams are playing in empty arenas and fans are outside singing. People are stockpiling toilet paper and sanitizer already.

people have been doing that here all week.  finally i was able to track down some toilet paper so i bought like a month or two supply just so i dont have to worry about not being able to find any.  

f*ck the corona virus. i just dont want to have to wipe my **** with a pile of leaves

Edited by -idyb-

44 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

They will need to be legally forced for sure.

35 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

@Decompoze that will be very easy for the local government to do, it's already started...just a matter of for how long. But based on the infection curve of other countries, this will only be worse in 1 month's time.

• Like 1

Just make the wimmins the main event and they won't have to worry about having 500 attendees 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, TUF said:

Just make the wimmins the main event and they won't have to worry about having 500 attendees 

After the last event, that may not hold up anymore.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, King_Can said:

All this over a common chest cold lmao

Goo fukn gle

• Like 1

7 hours ago, King_Can said:

You say some dumb stuff, but this might be your stupidest take yet.

• Like 1

i'll be damned if this fight gets called off because of dengue fever

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 7:55 PM, King_Can said:

NEkMJTH.jpg

On 3/13/2020 at 6:06 AM, cashfl0w said:

You say some dumb stuff, but this might be your stupidest take yet.

Man this was my easiest troll yet 

well the fight is almost surely going to be canned now,  cause these words are coming from dana white himself

The UFC President recently spoke with ESPN’s Brett Okamoto where he shared the following update on the UFC 249 headliner.

“That fight will happen. It will go on. The fans are all freaking out about that. Do not worry,” Dana White insisted. “Khabib vs. Tony will happen.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/dana-white/ufc-president-dana-white-announces-khabib-nurmagomedov-vs-tony-ferguson-will-take-place-on-april-18

https://www.sport-express.ru/martia...a-s-fergyusonom-iz-nyu-yorka-v-dubay-1653599/

Khabib's father in a short interview says that Dubai UAE is a probable fight location.
Sheikhs would be prepared to compensate UFC and are ready to host the fight.

- It'll probably be Dubai. First of all it's better to combat diseases because of the heat. I also think that the Emirates would be prepared to pay UFC for this fight. Russia is out of the question. Khabib is feeling good and his camp is going according to plan. He's not afraid of the corona virus, we're all mortal.

dont know how many grains of salt to take this one with but here we go

UFC set to move long-awaited fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson outside of the US as Dana White confirms April 18 event WILL go ahead despite three shows being postponed due to coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/mma/article-8121335/UFC-set-long-awaited-fight-Khabib-Nurmagomedov-Tony-Ferguson-outside-US.html

Think enough government red tape and restrictions are gonna make it so this has to postponed. 

11 hours ago, Bwana said:

https://www.sport-express.ru/martia...a-s-fergyusonom-iz-nyu-yorka-v-dubay-1653599/

Khabib's father in a short interview says that Dubai UAE is a probable fight location.
Sheikhs would be prepared to compensate UFC and are ready to host the fight.

- It'll probably be Dubai. First of all it's better to combat diseases because of the heat. I also think that the Emirates would be prepared to pay UFC for this fight. Russia is out of the question. Khabib is feeling good and his camp is going according to plan. He's not afraid of the corona virus, we're all mortal.

Good to see bro science crosses all borders ?

Edited by Jolldan

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

Uncle Fuggin Dana

Make it happen Elon/Dana

I'm gonna crawfish on previous statement now. It's looking pretty likely this thing is scrapped unless UFC somehow did an event like the contender series or something with a very limited audience. 

13 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Make it happen Elon/Dana

I'm gonna crawfish on previous statement now. It's looking pretty likely this thing is scrapped unless UFC somehow did an event like the contender series or something with a very limited audience. 

Dubai bro, Dubai

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

antarctica doesnt have the corona does it?     why not just ship khabib and tony there and have them fight on an iceberg or something?

• Haha 1

They will probably postpone it because they are betting on this crisis to be over before IFW then you know this will be the main event.

This fight would not sell now considering that the society is all stressed out, concerned and losing jobs.

They could make it on an empty arena but the problem is people will be focusing on the whole corona bs and not even buy the PPV