Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

Sure Sounds like Ferguson/Nurmagomedov Isn't Going to Happen... Again

Have been pretty confident for a while now this was never gonna happen on the intended date, Dana really seemed to be the only one who thought it could be done and even with him I think it was just an ego thing because people said he couldn’t. 

Welp, I predicted McGregor would fight Ferguson for the title. 

Where's my ****ing prize?

• Like 2

Khabib did not have to fly back to Russia, where they are on lockdown.  His abrupt departure from his gym in San Jose where his camp has been for all of his latest fights screams chickenspit.  He avoided this fight, as Tony has a strong grappling pedigree. 

Mark my words, he will NEVER fight against an opponent with D1-level wrestling...AND NOW it looks like he will never fight anyone who has a high percentage of submission victories.  

I saw this years ago and have been consistent in my argument.  It's about time I get credit.  

Edited by Megasoup
  • Like 1

Some things are more important than sports, cant blame the guy for wanting to get home while he had the chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megasoup said:

Khabib did not have to fly back to Russia, where they are on lockdown.  His abrupt departure from his gym in San Jose where his camp has been for all of his latest fights screams chickenspit.  He avoided this fight, as Tony has a strong grappling pedigree. 

Mark my words, he will NEVER fight against an opponent with D1-level wrestling...AND NOW it looks like he will never fight anyone who has a high percentage of submission victories.  

I saw this years ago and have been consistent in my argument.  It's about time I get credit.  

Kevin Lee was tossing Tony Ferguson around the cage like a ragdoll before he got caught. And he did that with a stiff double leg takedowns. 

What makes you think Khabib wouldn't have out that big eared idiot in the missionary position and left the papakha hanging out. 

Watch what you say or Kleo finna bust a cap in your **** again m8888888

047f2df6-3127-4a27-a226-33ff58c78b7c_360x203.jpg

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8

2 hours ago, Megasoup said:

As much as I thought Khabib would roll over Tony he was almost caught by Dustin.  If he jumped guard we aren't even discussing this fight on a championship level.

5 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Canor is currently calling for a military lockdown of his country. They may fight but I doubt it's right now. 

ufc is the jon jones of sports organisations. Every other sport has followed the rules & shut up shop until further notice, ufc is still out trying to party. Just stay in your ****ing house! 

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Conor can't leave Ireland, were in lockdown atm with only people being allowed return home via airports, not go to other countries for other reasons

1 hour ago, stehilton94 said:

Conor can't leave Ireland, were in lockdown atm with only people being allowed return home via airports, not go to other countries for other reasons

That's what I assumed. I'm guessing it would be easier for Khabib to leave Russia, given his supposed affiliation with Putin, than it would be for Conor to leave Ireland.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stehilton94 said:

Croke Park with no spectators?

3 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Kevin Lee was tossing Tony Ferguson around the cage like a ragdoll before he got caught. And he did that with a stiff double leg takedowns. 

What makes you think Khabib wouldn't have out that big eared idiot in the missionary position and left the papakha hanging out. 

Watch what you say or Kleo finna bust a cap in your **** again m8888888

There is a flaw in this logic.  I know what you're thinking, "Kevin Lee was able to take Tony Ferguson down, so Khabib should be able to take him down."  Well, here's where MMA math will take you.  You won't like it.

if

Kevin can take down Tony  =   Khabib will take down Tony.

then

Tony triangled Kevin from guard = Tony will triangled Khabib from guard

This is kind of what everyone is saying, too (or at least some modified version of this.)

It's not necessarily that simple or necessarily an indisputable fact, but that IS the only conclusion that we can possibly come to if we are using the simplified logic that you presented.  When you factor in all the intangibles, it becomes a lot less clear.  Maybe Khabib won't try to take him down.   What about that?  What about any number of possibilities we've seen in this sport?   

Your logic didn't factor in those intangibles, though.   Your logic is incorrect.

Also this: I don't remember what caliber I previously claimed I was shot with, but I was incorrect.  It was a .380.  I spoke to the detective today, called him out of the blue actually, and I asked him for clarification.  Just thought I'd keep things accurate.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

There is a flaw in this logic.  I know what you're thinking, "Kevin Lee was able to take Tony Ferguson down, so Khabib should be able to take him down."  Well, here's where MMA math will take you.  You won't like it.

if

Kevin can take down Tony  =   Khabib will take down Tony.

then

Tony triangled Kevin from guard = Tony will triangled Khabib from guard

This is kind of what everyone is saying, too (or at least some modified version of this.)

It's not necessarily that simple or necessarily an indisputable fact, but that IS the only conclusion that we can possibly come to if we are using the simplified logic that you presented.  When you factor in all the intangibles, it becomes a lot less clear.  Maybe Khabib won't try to take him down.   What about that?  What about any number of possibilities we've seen in this sport?   

Your logic didn't factor in those intangibles, though.   Your logic is incorrect.

Also this: I don't remember what caliber I previously claimed I was shot with, but I was incorrect.  It was a .380.  I spoke to the detective today, called him out of the blue actually, and I asked him for clarification.  Just thought I'd keep things accurate.  

I dont care about all that chit. I want the fight to happen. I've been a fan of this chit since forever ago m8. I dont care about who wins or loses. We need this fight. MMA is dead tbh. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I dont care about all that chit. I want the fight to happen. I've been a fan of this chit since forever ago m8. I dont care about who wins or loses. We need this fight. MMA is dead tbh. 

I agree. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, King_Can said:

Fly Ferguson to Russia then 

They are saying no people in or out. I would be amazed if something couldn't be worked out in a country like that but who knows. They need to figure it out soon, if one needs to travel, they should be leaving by now. 

• Like 2

I think the card will take place in multiple locations, being live streamed and seamlessly switching venues...as if if it's taking place in 1 arena. Certainly have the technology, and can be filmed by robotic cameras thus cutting down on potential staff in the building.

20 hours ago, Megasoup said:

riddle me this batman.  Why woud khabib stick around in america, where there is literally no athletic commission in the country that is crazy enough to sanction this card?   what does america have to offer him, other than cheap beer and people that will shoot him over a parking spot?  

unless its over the last roll of toilet paper, nobody is fighting in the united states any time soon, no matter what Dana White or his native american buddy, Chief FookingHorse might tell you, just to try to hype you up so you can order ESPN+ and they can get paid

they arent fighting in the states.  and countries around the world are all on lockdown right now.  just because dana white wants to get paid doesnt mean that the other governments around the world will roll out the red carpet for them just so they can play touchbutt in the cage and spread their blood and germs around during a global pandemic.

theres what? 2 weeks left, the corona aint going away, and restrictions around the world just keep getting tighter and tighter in an attempt to try to contain this chit. they  better find a venue, get those airports and airplanes and hotel rooms, cleaned up for dana and his crew. lets all bend over backwards for dana and his boys while people are dying.     hey, why dont we hold the event in italy whiile we're at it?

until this chit ends, this card isnt going to happen, just like all the cards that came before it. and just like all the cards that happened afterwards.   even dana white knows this but he's got too much pride in his ego to ever admit it.   instead he'll blame the event cancellation on khabib, rather than to admit that they couldnt make it happen due to the falllout from the coronavirus. 

and next month, ufc 250 is scheduled to be in brazil but everybody else knows they arent going to brazil.   most of the fighters wont even want to leave their own country, unless theyre really starving to make a paycheck.  and when the ufc waits until the last week to officially announce the cancellation of UFC 250, theyll blame jose aldo or whatever

Edited by -idyb-

32 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Fcking terrorist coward at it again. Strip this bum already. 

@Dark_Horse with the homosexual reference of 'bum'

This loser is so in the closet.... Needs more help than Jon 'Coke' Jones

Edited by Conceive-Believe-Achieve

19 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

@Dark_Horse with the homosexual reference of 'bum'

This loser is so in the closet.... Needs more help than Jon 'Coke' Jones

i'm starting to believe that i might be the only person on this forum who doesnt need help

2 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i'm starting to believe that i might be the only person on this forum who doesnt need help

Mate... You're buying out your nations worth of Baby oil, for your love of that Steroid cheating, Vaseline Cheating, Homosexual, Hall Of Famer

You need help brother

11 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Mate... You're buying out your nations worth of Baby oil, for your love of the greatest pound-for-pound fighter in combat sports, champion in multiple weight divisions who has defeated every single opponent and drug test he has ever faced, future hall of famer, canadian hero, innovator of the gameplan, godfather of the ground game, and pioneer of perfection.

You need help brother

i dont know about the part in there where i need help, but everything else you said holds true

GSP Bless

Edited by -idyb-

hell yeah i'm from sweden. stockholm 209 bitches. where you at georges?

Edited by -idyb-

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

riddle me this batman.  Why woud khabib stick around in america, where there is literally no athletic commission in the country that is crazy enough to sanction this card?   what does america have to offer him, other than cheap beer and people that will shoot him over a parking spot?  

unless its over the last roll of toilet paper, nobody is fighting in the united states any time soon, no matter what Dana White or his native american buddy, Chief FookingHorse might tell you, just to try to hype you up so you can order ESPN+ and they can get paid

they arent fighting in the states.  and countries around the world are all on lockdown right now.  just because dana white wants to get paid doesnt mean that the other governments around the world will roll out the red carpet for them just so they can play touchbutt in the cage and spread their blood and germs around during a global pandemic.

theres what? 2 weeks left, the corona aint going away, and restrictions around the world just keep getting tighter and tighter in an attempt to try to contain this chit. they  better find a venue, get those airports and airplanes and hotel rooms, cleaned up for dana and his crew. lets all bend over backwards for dana and his boys while people are dying.     hey, why dont we hold the event in italy whiile we're at it?

until this chit ends, this card isnt going to happen, just like all the cards that came before it. and just like all the cards that happened afterwards.   even dana white knows this but he's got too much pride in his ego to ever admit it.   instead he'll blame the event cancellation on khabib, rather than to admit that they couldnt make it happen due to the falllout from the coronavirus. 

and next month, ufc 250 is scheduled to be in brazil but everybody else knows they arent going to brazil.   most of the fighters wont even want to leave their own country, unless theyre really starving to make a paycheck.  and when the ufc waits until the last week to officially announce the cancellation of UFC 250, theyll blame jose aldo or whatever

Why would he stay in the United States?  Well, that might be one of the easiest questions I've ever had to answer on this forum. 

He should have stayed in America because we don't have travel restrictions.  This means that if Dana nails down a venue, Khabib can fight his scheduled opponent instead of backing out for the 5th time.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

Why would he stay in the United States?  Well, that might be one of the easiest questions I've ever had to answer on this forum. 

He should have stayed in America because we don't have travel restrictions.  This means that if Dana nails down a venue, Khabib can fight his scheduled opponent instead of backing out for the 5th time.  

its 100% not happening in the states. it was supposed to be in the UAE. khabib went there and had to leave because the UAE is also closing its borders so he went back to russia.  now their only real chance is belarus,   maybe somewhere remote in africa where malaria, HIV, starvation, kamaru usman, and dengue fever is more of a threat to their health than the chinavirus, or on the surface on the moon.  nowhere else in the world has people that will be crazy enough to let this kind of event take place during a global pandemic.  sure russia just closed off their borders now too but khabib the great is buddy-buddy with putin, so im sure they would fly him around the world in a private jet if he really wanted them to.    

its not just about getting there. its about securing a location where they can legally compete in.    something the ufc probably wont be able to do for at least a couple of months, no matter how dana tries to spin it.  khabibs been telling them to just send location for a month or two now.  they still dont have location.  its pretty clear that this card is all but officially cancelled at this point

this fight aint happening. this card aint happening. next months cards aint happening. and it aint khabib or any other fighters fault.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

This was legitimately the only fight beside Costa/Izzy I was looking forward to. I took off work and everythibg for this chit.

I'm genuinely sad. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

its 100% not happening in the states. it was supposed to be in the UAE. khabib went there and had to leave because the UAE is also closing its borders so he went back to russia.  now their only real chance is belarus,   maybe somewhere remote in africa where malaria, HIV, starvation, kamaru usman, and dengue fever is more of a threat to their health than the chinavirus, or on the surface on the moon.  nowhere else in the world has people that will be crazy enough to let this kind of event take place during a global pandemic.  sure russia just closed off their borders now too but khabib the great is buddy-buddy with putin, so im sure they would fly him around the world in a private jet if he really wanted them to.    

its not just about getting there. its about securing a location where they can legally compete in.    something the ufc probably wont be able to do for at least a couple of months, no matter how dana tries to spin it.  khabibs been telling them to just send location for a month or two now.  they still dont have location.  its pretty clear that this card is all but officially cancelled at this point

this fight aint happening. this card aint happening. next months cards aint happening. and it aint khabib or any other fighters fault.

You are trying to predict the future, which is a complicated, but ignorant futility; an impossibility.  I'm explaining the present, which is equally futile, as you have consistently demonstrated an unwillingness to listen to reason.  

There is something redeeming about explaining the present, in that it requires a grasp of what is going on and even some optimism that there would be an audience who would listen.  There can be something admirable about laying down a prediction, but not if it's a hopeless, pessimistic whine based on nothing more than a feeling.  

You are trying to predict the future, which is a complicated, but ignorant futility; an impossibility.  I'm explaining the present, which is equally futile, as you have consistently demonstrated an unwillingness to listen to reason.  

There is something redeeming about explaining the present, in that it requires a grasp of what is going on and even some optimism that there would be an audience who would listen.  There can be something admirable about laying down a prediction, but not if it's a hopeless, pessimistic whine based on nothing more than a feeling.  

ufc 249 aint happening.  account bet?

you know just as much as every other educated mma fan on the planet does that this card aint happening, so im sure you wont take me up on it.   but im sure youll try to come up with some other kind of excuse as to why you pussed out to try to save face,  so lets hear it.  and then i'll let you go back to sucking on dana whites teet and believing every word that he says.  

at this point the only thing on the table that would ever hint the slightestly that ufc 249 is still going to happen on april 18th is that dana white insists that it will.  but whenever dana white says something, 99% of the time it turns out being nothing but wolf tickets.  so put dana and his gleaming dome aside and use some common sense. at this point, what even gives you any hint or hope that this card is still going to happen next month?   the scale is pretty one sided eh? even a hope and a prayer aint gonna balance it out because that aint gonna hold any weight to it. we already tried that when donald trump said that we  could just pray the coronavirus away.

idyb is a man of integrity you know i'll come through on my end. hell ive already lost an account once because of you, and i aint worried about doubling down.  theres no risk involved for me anyways because ufc 249 aint going down on the surface of earth homie.   

you better hurry up and accept your suicide bet though because theyre going to cancel it any day now,  while khabib is still fresh in peoples minds.  if they give it much longer, more people will be able to see it for what it really is, and theyll either understand and move on from it,  or place the blame on dana for not being able to secure a location.   hell he's not exactly winning any fans for trying to continue on with this charade anyways while the rest of the world goes into lockdown

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

This was legitimately the only fight beside Costa/Izzy I was looking forward to. I took off work and everythibg for this chit.

I'm genuinely sad. 

how many people would die on account of Dr. Roids skipping out of work just to watch the khabib fight? 

ahh fook it. im sure it would be a fair compromise

I know you may feel that was a deep dive into the cerebellum pool, but I only see a belly flop into an empty cement vessel....there's possibly something wrong with you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

ufc 249 aint happening.  account bet?

you know just as much as every other educated mma fan on the planet does that this card aint happening, so im sure you wont take me up on it.   but im sure youll try to come up with some other kind of excuse as to why you pussed out to try to save face,  so lets hear it.  and then i'll let you go back to sucking on dana whites teet and believing every word that he says.  

at this point the only thing on the table that would ever hint the slightestly that ufc 249 is still going to happen on april 18th is that dana white insists that it will.  but whenever dana white says something, 99% of the time it turns out being nothing but wolf tickets.  so put dana and his gleaming dome aside and use some common sense. at this point, what even gives you any hint or hope that this card is still going to happen next month?   the scale is pretty one sided eh? even a hope and a prayer aint gonna balance it out because that aint gonna hold any weight to it. we already tried that when donald trump said that we  could just pray the coronavirus away.

idyb is a man of integrity you know i'll come through on my end. hell ive already lost an account once because of you, and i aint worried about doubling down.  theres no risk involved for me anyways because ufc 249 aint going down on the surface of earth homie.   

you better hurry up and accept your suicide bet though because theyre going to cancel it any day now,  while khabib is still fresh in peoples minds.  if they give it much longer, more people will be able to see it for what it really is, and theyll either understand and move on from it,  or place the blame on dana for not being able to secure a location.   hell he's not exactly winning any fans for trying to continue on with this charade anyways while the rest of the world goes into lockdown

I would never enter into an account bet with you because your departure would be a great loss to the forum, as would be mine.  Also, it would be very unlikely that I would honor that bet;  I have issues with integrity that are well-documented and go back decades. 

*In my defense, moral integrity is an extremely rare quality, one which nearly everyone erroneously believes they possess, even though they don't.  Not me, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

I know you may feel that was a deep dive into the cerebellum pool, but I only see a belly flop into an empty cement vessel....there's possibly something wrong with you.

That wasn't a deep dive, nor was it meant to appear as one.  I don't feel anyone else here got that impression, it wasn't even a complicated idea.   It was just a "gotcha" towards IDYB.  

What gave you that impression, by the way?  Was it the word "futility?"  I guess that's a big word.  You should read more.  

Edited by Megasoup
  • Haha 1

thats what i thought ya hoser. you know just as well as i do that ufc 249 aint happening

Edited by -idyb-

That wasn't a deep dive, nor was it meant to appear as one.  I don't feel anyone else here got that impression, it wasn't even a complicated idea.   It was just a "gotcha" towards IDYB.  

What gave you that impression, by the way?  Was it the word "futility?"  I guess that's a big word.  You should read more.  

So you're speaking for the whole fora now, I'll assume through telekinesis suggestion ?

It's the manner that you chose to berate a member because his prediction couldn't possibly be true, while your higher plane of self consciousness allows for the only path to logic....lol GTFOH

You seem to only show up here to say stupid chiit, start an argument, or just act like you're above it all....no insult intended of course, I just find it hilariously ironic. And for a part time bartender to insult me about reading or education, is far more comical...I make more in a month than you make in a year...easy.

• Haha 1

come on soup. its not too late to reconsider. they havent postponed the event just yet.   grow some balls and give them a tug. stop running from me like i was a child support payment bro.

i must be crazy if i think an event of this calibre would get called off. i mean look at the venue and the main event! look at whats going on around the world. look at all the time theyve got to work with.   theres no way an event like this wouldnt happen!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1