Sign in to follow this  
nickgrizz

Advice and tips

Good Morning fight fans.  I have been a die hard fan since 2003, have ordered or watched 95 percent of all ppv's.  While on deployment as a Marine in the Middle East I would go to the USO on base at 4 am just to catch a fight airing live.  I remember watching the Forrest Griffin vs Anderson Silva fight like that.  Everyday I visit at least 5 major mma websites and read every article and comments.  I revisit periodically several times each throughout the day to check for update.  I have long wished to start a blog and become a journalist.  What I want to know is what do you as a reader want to read about? Personally, my biggest overall criticism is that most journalist only cover the fight, steer up conflict which promotes interest, or focus on the negatives of their private lives.  As a fan I want to know the person behind the fighter.  That's how I turn into a super fan, based on how I identify with them as a person with their morals, values, and beliefs.  I want to focus more on the fighter and covering their personal views, mainly focusing on all the positives instead of covering the negatives.  All advice would be much appreciated.  

• Like 3

Don't concentrate all of your articles on only the big name fighters. Obviously the big names draw readers but there are a thousand other people that are writing similar articles.  There are a lot of interesting lesser known fighters. 

• Like 1

I like to read stuff about the canadian-born pound-for-pound greatest fighter in all of combat sports, future ufc hall of famer, and multi-division champion who has defeated every single opponent and drug test he has ever faced, Georges "Rush" St. Pierre.

this place needs more GSP in its life. if you could do me a solid and start posting some GSP threads and articles, it would make this forum a much better place and you would quickly become my favorite poster.  i just gave your account your first Like,  so make a note of that and always remember who's got your back

thanks in advance.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

Don't ever ask advice here.

Unless you want to write about autism, cancer, retardation, and terrorist scum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Don't ever ask advice here.

Unless you want to write about autism, cancer, retardation, and terrorist scum.

give us your thoughts on khabib

oh chit nevermind. u already covered that base with the terrorist scum

Edited by -idyb-

I bet I know this guy.  I live in a city full of nickgrizz.  

I'm surprised I'm the only person who caught this alt's name. 

• Haha 1

Thankyou for your service ....

.... As for mma journalism,>  you'll need a gimmick as you're looking at an oversaturation problem- 👀

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

Thankyou for your service ....

.... As for mma journalism,>  you'll need a gimmick as you're looking at an oversaturation problem- 👀

fair point.   now that the ufc is the only sport left in the world, everybody and their dogs are gonna wanna cover it for some clicks.  

in fact by the time i get done writing this post, theres probably dozens of new articles coming out praising conor mcgregor as the second coming of christ.   don't be that guy.

the only way youre going to get any respect in the fight game without sacrificing your dignity is if you only show praise and appreciation towards Georges "Rush" St. Pierre, the canadian-born pound-for-pound greatest fighter in all of combat sports, future ufc hall of famer, and multi-division champion who has defeated every single opponent and drug test he has ever faced

Edited by -idyb-