Sign in to follow this  
PlatinumClegg

RIP Bill Withers

Clegg - you filthy essential , are you still reporting to work or are you capitalizing on that unlimited UPT?

No wait , you're a PA , which means you're making +$2 + double O.T. , which means ... what in the fook are you doing??

I keep calling the BHN PA "Senior Ops" every time he comes in for O.T. cause that mofo be making $40+/hr which is waaaay got damn more than me. What in the fook are you doing in the neck of woods in your can Amzn facility?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nyte said:

Clegg - you filthy essential , are you still reporting to work or are you capitalizing on that unlimited UPT?

No wait , you're a PA , which means you're making +$2 + double O.T. , which means ... what in the fook are you doing??

I keep calling the BHN PA "Senior Ops" every time he comes in for O.T. cause that mofo be making $40+/hr which is waaaay got damn more than me. What in the fook are you doing in the neck of woods in your can Amzn facility?

Not even acting as a dock clerk.  My back up has been doing that job for like 3 weeks now.  The well over $40 an hour for OT pay sounds very appealing but I'd rather just show up when I want and leave when I want.  My back up would usually unload and do TDR with me and now it's the opposite.  I still get the tier 3 pay but I unload and he has to deal with all of the drivers and paperwork.

He has more bills and last year during peak I made a lot more than I spend.  I got taxed over $500 on multiple 110 hour two week checks.  My return... like $1400.  My mother has been retired due to disability (major back surgery) since I was still in high school.  She does my taxes and when she told me what I was getting back I kicked a hole in the wall.

Due to my own back and neck issues I've been capitalizing on the unlimited UPT.  I'm going to start putting in more hours but I'm not going to resume my dock clerk position.  Some nights they have me run the racks and bulk floor.

How's life as a salary man?

• Like 1

On 4/3/2020 at 12:17 PM, StompGrind said:

One of my all time favs. :(

RIP soul legend. 

The 7 people who disliked this should hang themselves

• Like 1

Ah chit son I had Lovely Day playing at my wedding only 4 months ago!  RIP boss man.  

Edited by Ozpride
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Not even acting as a dock clerk.  My back up has been doing that job for like 3 weeks now.  The well over $40 an hour for OT pay sounds very appealing but I'd rather just show up when I want and leave when I want.  My back up would usually unload and do TDR with me and now it's the opposite.  I still get the tier 3 pay but I unload and he has to deal with all of the drivers and paperwork.

He has more bills and last year during peak I made a lot more than I spend.  I got taxed over $500 on multiple 110 hour two week checks.  My return... like $1400.  My mother has been retired due to disability (major back surgery) since I was still in high school.  She does my taxes and when she told me what I was getting back I kicked a hole in the wall.

Due to my own back and neck issues I've been capitalizing on the unlimited UPT.  I'm going to start putting in more hours but I'm not going to resume my dock clerk position.  Some nights they have me run the racks and bulk floor.

How's life as a salary man?

Can't complain. I'm finna hit new role as OB SME come within next 3-5 weeks. Been training up this other L5 on how to run shift , he's pretty much good to go.

Other than that , I haven't really been doing chit. They made me acting Ops on FHN OB bout early March , but last two weeks been training the other AM who is essentially going to run as FHN Ops (stretch role) while they wait to fill a 6 on our shift. Other than that , I've just been running business as usual. Just been getting mofos around me promoted. My PA - BOOM , prepped her and BAM - inclined for L4 AM. My associate - BAM - prepped and strongly inclined for PA.

I'm basically a got damn genius. They better give me a got damn pay raise during my comp review this week , cause jesus fooking christ , I've been carrying my got damn shift for months

• Like 1

If I had a dollar for every baby wipe and/or dish soap I've packed over the last four weeks, I'd be making more than Jeff Bezos

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nyte said:

Can't complain. I'm finna hit new role as OB SME come within next 3-5 weeks. Been training up this other L5 on how to run shift , he's pretty much good to go.

Other than that , I haven't really been doing chit. They made me acting Ops on FHN OB bout early March , but last two weeks been training the other AM who is essentially going to run as FHN Ops (stretch role) while they wait to fill a 6 on our shift. Other than that , I've just been running business as usual. Just been getting mofos around me promoted. My PA - BOOM , prepped her and BAM - inclined for L4 AM. My associate - BAM - prepped and strongly inclined for PA.

I'm basically a got damn genius. They better give me a got damn pay raise during my comp review this week , cause jesus fooking christ , I've been carrying my got damn shift for months

I'm one of about dozen carrying the pallet receive side of inbound for years.  I couldn't handle being in leadership over outbound because it's priority.  I've heard them stress over CPTs on the radio.  Even before the endless UPT thing their OPs was regularly on channel 3 asking us for pickers or packers.  Two weeks ago I even went over there and floor picked for like 3 hours before I left.  Now that their people can just not show up or leave if they don't like their path we gotta send people everyday.  Even Wednesday when they have FH, BH and their mid shifters until 11:30

I'm back on a Monday-Thursday schedule and didn't work this past Thursday.  Did they extend the endless UPT date because we they announced it at our very last stand up they said it was only good through April 6?  Things are much worse now there's cases in our neighboring county which a lot of our employees live in.  If it's there it's here Tennessee has tiny counties.  I think we're like 8th in the Union at 95.