Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje Interim Lightweight Title Fight Announced for April 19 Show That Probably Still Won't Happen

I don't know why Tony would take this. He already risked his spot once for an interim title which they stripped him of at the earliest opportunity. 

He's basically just taking his sixth straight number one contender fight without a title shot and Justin is a dangerous opponent. It's not worth the risk unless they're paying him seven figures.

• Like 4

Why hype people up for one good fight that will never happen, when you can hype them up for TWO fights that will never happen. 

Good guy Dana. 

• Thanks 1

Dana has learned from watching colin mctapper, say any old **** just to keep your name out there with no intention of doing anything.

1 minute ago, King_Can said:

For the interim belt which hopefully means Conor can’t jump the line ? Doubtful 

He already has once, no reason to assume he won't again.

• Like 1

I really like this fight.

It is a chit show anyways so hey why not ?

I think NewFC is gonna use this card as an experiment to see how the public will deal with it because they forsee this crisis to last a while.

Im sure the fighters also understand it and they need a pay check

This could easily be a loss for Tony, Justin is no joke, and they both have fairly similar styles, though this will give us Khabib vs Justin which is also something I really want

Gaethje knocks his head clean the **** off, and then McGoober jumps the line again because Justin has the same terrorist rat manager as Khabib, and Gaethje is simply not getting that fight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gaethje vs Khabib would be a bigger fight than Turd vs Khabib. Even fookin' Terry Schaivo knows that Tonu was gonna DIE in that cage on the 19th if he fought Khabib. Atleast Gaethje will have a good fight with 'Beeb. 

• Like 2

Good for Gaethje.  Given that Ferguson gets rocked by FW's, he's not going to manage to fluke this one via cardio.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Good for Gaethje.  Given that Ferguson gets rocked by FW's, he's not going to manage to fluke this one via cardio.

Bingo m4

Gaethje just beat Cowboy and Vick, yeah deserves the first shot lol

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Gaethje knocks his head clean the **** off, and then McGoober jumps the line again because Justin has the same terrorist rat manager as Khabib, and Gaethje is simply not getting that fight.

This^  Tony was doing front rolls and all kinds of wild chit to escape Pettis.  Gaethje hits harder.

You can only get floored every fight so many times.  Tito Ortiz has a Wordsmith youtube video.  Tony Ferguson has one for all of the times he's been dropped.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bwana said:

Gaethje just beat Cowboy and Vick, yeah deserves the first shot lol

He murdered Vick, Barboza and Plank in the 1st round.  If he fought that same way I know he wouldn't have lost to Alvarez and Dustin couldn't walk right for a month after their fight.  Those were Poirier's words, not mine.  A former FW said his weight cut for the Eddie rematch at LW was the toughest weight cut he's had because he couldn't put in road work.

4 hours ago, skillandpower said:

I really like this fight.

It is a chit show anyways so hey why not ?

I think NewFC is gonna use this card as an experiment to see how the public will deal with it because they forsee this crisis to last a while.

Im sure the fighters also understand it and they need a pay check

If Tony loses we will never get to see that matchup with Khabib. That's the only downside of this. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

If Tony loses we will never get to see that matchup with Khabib. That's the only downside of this. 

I agree but Tony gives up bad positions.  Has no one seen this?  He's not the man to beat Khabib but I did want to see the fight.  Mainly because they've been scheduled to fight so many times.  That and Tony gets floored everytime he steps in the cage but still pulls off the W.

33 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

He murdered Vick, Barboza and Plank in the 1st round.  If he fought that same way I know he wouldn't have lost to Alvarez and Dustin couldn't walk right for a month after their fight.  Those were Poirier's words, not mine.  A former FW said his weight cut for the Eddie rematch at LW was the toughest weight cut he's had because he couldn't put in road work.

I agree %100, but the quality of the opponents was my point....none of his past 3 fights align him to a title/interim fight. Obviously the current virus situation has limited the choice of potential contenders, so who knows what the prelim line-up will look like....probably all fuggin wimmins.

With that said, it still will be a good fight with Ferguson....and better than none at all. But many are saying Khabob should be stripped, and that's total bullchiit.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Bwana said:

I agree %100, but the quality of the opponents was my point....none of his past 3 fights align him to a title/interim fight. Obviously the current virus situation has limited the choice of potential contenders, so who knows what the prelim line-up will look like....probably all fuggin wimmins.

With that said, it still will be a good fight with Ferguson....and better than none at all. But many are saying Khabob should be stripped, and that's total bullchiit.

A quick scan of the top 5 and Gaethje really is the logical choice.  Ferguson is number 1, so he's in; Poirier is number 2 and obviously they've just fought. Conor is number 3, but he's only beaten the same guy as Gaethje recently, and they're not going to rush him into a fight.  Then Gaethje is at 4.

Below that the only fighter on much of a run is Oliveira, but his only real decent win is against Lee.

I think it's a good call and should be a good fight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

A quick scan of the top 5 and Gaethje really is the logical choice.  Ferguson is number 1, so he's in; Poirier is number 2 and obviously they've just fought. Conor is number 3, but he's only beaten the same guy as Gaethje recently, and they're not going to rush him into a fight.  Then Gaethje is at 4.

Below that the only fighter on much of a run is Oliveira, but his only real decent win is against Lee.

Chuckie Olives should be in line for a title shot immediately after Gaethje.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I beg to differ with all respect m8.

Even if Tony loses he will be still only one W away from fighting Khabib considering what is going in with NewFc lately.

They would probably give him some guy with a good name and tailor made for his style.

35 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Love Gaethje and he deserves this interim fight but I would not mind Ferg vs Oliveira either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

That's my point actually, Conor should fight Gaethje....Tony should wait for the Khabob fight where ever it's sanctioned. The Champion vs Interim, makes more sense than #4 vs Tony just to get some Dana PPV money.

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

That's my point actually, Conor should fight Gaethje....Tony should wait for the Khabob fight where ever it's sanctioned. The Champion vs Interim, makes more sense than #4 vs Tony just to get some Dana PPV money.

Tony's been training to fight on April 19th though; why pull both of them just because Khabib is stranded?

Khabib ain't fighting until 2021.  So Tony won't get paid until 2021 unless he takes another fight in the mean time.

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Men of culture know that Chuckie Olives would strangle the life out of Tony. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

theyre fighting on epstein's island lol

Same thing that came to mind.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Tony's been training to fight on April 19th though; why pull both of them just because Khabib is stranded?

Khabib ain't fighting until 2021.  So Tony won't get paid until 2021 unless he takes another fight in the mean time.

That's because Uncle Dana sent him to the wrong location to wait, then he just headed back to Russia and said fugg it. We've waited for 4 rounds to see Khabib/Tony, why cancel the bout now for a co-main style fight for money...make Conor step up or shut up.

And pay Tony his show money, that solves the problem...wouldn't be the first time.

36 minutes ago, Bwana said:

That's because Uncle Dana sent him to the wrong location to wait, then he just headed back to Russia and said fugg it. We've waited for 4 rounds to see Khabib/Tony, why cancel the bout now for a co-main style fight for money...make Conor step up or shut up.

And pay Tony his show money, that solves the problem...wouldn't be the first time.

Why throw the baby out with the bath water?

Let Tony bang bro.

Tony's the one fighting real opposition and taking hard fights. Khaboob fought Iaquinta for the belt, and then took the hardest of hard fights in McGinger.

Tony's beaten everybody and their brother at LW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Tony's the one fighting real opposition and taking hard fights. Khaboob fought Iaquinta for the belt, and then took the hardest of hard fights in McGinger.

Tony's beaten everybody and their brother at LW.

Yeah because beating Cerrone, getting mauled by Pettis, and pied by Lee makes you the champ. 

Smh cash. What have you become?

Mark my words, Tony is getting dropped and hes not getting up this time. His deal with the devil has ended, contract void.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Yeah because beating Cerrone, getting mauled by Pettis, and pied by Lee makes you the champ. 

Smh cash. What have you become?

A goddamn troll.

But I didn't lie about the stunningly easy route that Khaboob has been on for years. Tony being a ****ing gump doesn't negate that.

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Mark my words, Tony is getting dropped and hes not getting up this time. His deal with the devil has ended, contract void.

Tony will out cardio, wrestlefuuk, and flash Dustin into a trance....Tony wins easy, just isn't worth the risk of injury.

Gaychee vs the muzlim chicken is never going to happen. The terrorist rat has it all planned to protect his homosexual stablemate. Fcking cowards should get the chair. 

• Like 1

Watched the free Pettis v Ferguson fight recently.  Had Pettis been slightly calmer when he dropped him, i think he'd have finished the fight.  As it was, things were likely 1 round each going into the final round.  And Justin's record suggests that he hits harder than Pettis, so I'm even more convinced Ferguson's streak is coming to an end.