Sign in to follow this  
agtx

Jones vs Ngannou

Jones & Francis agree to fight on twitter. Will the ufc take them up on their offer & put up the big money?

I doubt it. Jones will come out in a week and say he has no real interest at HW and he still has contenders ar 205. That's how this seems to go.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

I doubt it. Jones will come out in a week and say he has no real interest at HW and he still has contenders ar 205. That's how this seems to go.

• Like 3

I think jones is right, hes not that fast & weve seen francis beaten already, would be a fight id want to see & the Jones haters will get the chance to see him get stomped out.

Although perhaps it would be a 5 round fight with Jones on his bike, ducking diving & winning a decision through Francis being exhausted by round 3, Jones doesnt have a habit of knocking people out. 

Jones can't bust a grape fighting middleweights. Francis will walk through his girl punches and when he eventually lands will knock him clean the **** out.

He might KO Jones brothers in the parking lot if they get lippy, too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I think it's definitely possible for Jones to "piece up" Francis and win a decision, but I think Jones getting KO'd is a much more realistic scenario. I'd love to see him get flattened ala Bisping vs Henderson or Rashard vs Machida. Jones has proven that he's got quite a chin (he's proven to be quite hittable in his last couple of fights), but I don't think that matters much against someone with Ngannou's power.

• Like 2

Jones isn't that fast. He has good technique though but he has the weakest punches in the UFC. 

I can see this fight ending the way the Cain fight ending. With Jones diving for ankles and Jones getting plastered. 

• Like 3

As much as I loved Jones knocking DC stupid, this fool as 0 chance vs Ngannou.

even DC at heavyweight would be too much for Jones

either the guy is high as **** when he said the stupid ****, or he is a walking case if CTE.

30 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I can see this fight ending the way the Cain fight ending. With Jones diving for ankles and Jones getting plastered.

If this fight went exactly like the Cain fight, you'd have Greg Jackson or Mike Winkeljohn crying about how Jon was finished by illegal shots and how the result should be turned into a no contest and blah blah blah.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ijosef said:

Jones has proven that he's got quite a chin (he's proven to be quite hittable in his last couple of fights), but I don't think that matters much against someone with Ngannou's power.

Exactly this. His chin can afford to get hit a few times when he's fighting Dominick Reyes and Thiago Santos. Sure those guys hit hard, but I don't think anyone would argue that Ngannou hits significantly harder. I don't believe Jones has any real interest in this fight. He's just bored and his coke guy is out right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoZZez said:

As much as I loved Jones knocking DC stupid, this fool as 0 chance vs Ngannou.

even DC at heavyweight would be too much for Jones

either the guy is high as **** when he said the stupid ****, or he is a walking case if CTE.

No chance. Jones lives in DC's head like Trump does in the limp-wristed.

The NG that showed up to fight a fat JZ would absolutely destroy Jon. He walked through JZ knowing he had power, he won't be afraid to charge at Jon.

This NG would smash Stipe inside a round too. DC might fair better

• Like 1

I think Jones is the GOAT, but honestly Francis knocks him out, its just a different animal, the weight, height and reach advantage would be far far too much for ANY LHW to handle

40 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

I think Jones is the GOAT, but honestly Francis knocks him out, its just a different animal, the weight, height and reach advantage would be far far too much for ANY LHW to handle

Jon out of his own mouth has said he can be 240.  He's just as tall and actually has a reach advantage over Francis.  Jon has shown he has a hell of a chin but it's not going to hold up against a bomb from Francis.

From a technical perspective Francis most recent fight was horrible.  You can't back straight away until you run out of real estate and get killed.  You've got to cut an angle and get out of there.  It was miss, miss, miss and death by left hook.  No one is going to want to fight him his last 4 fights are half a round combined.  Jon was drunk tweeting.

• Like 1

Oh yeah and Jones is not the GOAT.  He very clearly lost rounds 1, 2 and 3 against Reyes and shouldn't even be the champ.  Reyes didn't even convincingly beat Volkan.  I thought that decision was a gift.  One of the judges scored the fight for Thiago Santos.  A man that's been finished by the likes of Ferreira, Spicely and Branch.

Without steroids Jon Jones ****ing sucks.

• Like 5

Jones would run right through this Niganou.  He would be landing shots clean and often, second round knockout. It would be the most lopsided contest Jones has been fought in years.  This Niganou has no wrestling and is just a little too slow.

Edited by Megasoup
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Jones would run right through this Niganou.  He would be landing shots clean and often, second round knockout. It would be the most lopsided contest Jones has been fought in years.  This Niganou has no wrestling and is just a little too slow.

lol wut

Francis would knock him dead with one swing.

• Like 2

He wants money fights. You’d think Izzy and Stipe for the HW title if he gets past D.C. would be the money fights or remember he was after Brock as well. 

But there’s no way in his mind he doesn’t run through Ngannou. I would of thought that if Jones would fight at HW and it wasn’t DC/Stipe/Brock so sort of a warm up fight it would be against a guy weighing around 225. Jones has alluded to a catchweignt fight before so would be surprised he’d take Ngannou who is 260+ But then I can’t think of anyone that would make sense and you’re meant to be the goat so take the fight. Give Ngannou a fight and sort the HW division out. With with the current climate I can’t see it being renegotiated for mega money. 

16 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Jones would run right through this Niganou. 

subtle racist soup is subtly racist

look we all know that youre rooting for jon jones, because jon jones is less black, and he cant drive worth a chit either.

but deep down, the betting man in you knows that jon jones would get fisted

Edited by -idyb-

15 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

lol wut

Francis would knock him dead with one swing.

He's trolling.  Francis just killed a man in 20 seconds that went 24 minutes and 56 seconds with Overeem.

• Like 1

I can absolutely see Jones beating Ngannou. Everyone was saying that he would come in around 240, which is probably perfect for his frame in that division, he has the longest reach, hes unorthodox, he is solid on the ground. 

He won't be stronger than Ngannou, but he will likely be faster. Just needs to wear him out for a round or two, shoot in for single leg TDs and control the top. From there, Jones could easily finish him. Hard part is avoiding a solid shot from Ngannou for a round or two. Stipe did it and I think Jones is pretty much better than Stipe in most if not all areas, plus Jackson will have the best gameplan lined up. 

It would be exciting for sure. They should put Stipe/Cormier on the same card. Winners fight each other for the title. Would be funny to see DC/Jones 3 at HW. 

48 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

He will go back to calling out middleweights. 

I honestly can't even believe this guy is considered the GOAT by a large amount of people. He's only fought true LHW on a handful of occasions, and got his **** kicked by two of them (Gus and Reyes).

EDIT: And GUS is a ****ing can!

Edited by NoCakeForYaya
  • Like 1

Crack head Jones would have done it for a few rocks. Cocaines a hell of a drug!

Jones beat Gustaffson twice & Reyes sucks, bet he dies in his next fight.

Edited by agtx

47 minutes ago, agtx said:

Crack head Jones would have done it for a few rocks. Cocaines a hell of a drug!

Jones beat Gustaffson twice & Reyes sucks, bet he dies in his next fight.

Reyes sucks but still beat Jones...

this very well might have been the fastest recorded diick tuck in UFC history

Jones dragged reyes the bum through 5 rounds, he couldnt ko him when he tried at the start of the fight and then failed to score well enough to win, Jones won a unanimous decision, reyes goes back to square one, fight wasnt even close, no one wants to see Jones school that guy again. Picogoat makes everyone cry

There are still money to be made on the rematch with Reyes and a possible showdown with Izzy.

Baldy would not want Jones to get destroyed by NG before the other two fights happen.

Meanwhile NG will keep himself busy at HW

8 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Meanwhile NG will keep himself busy at HW

He shouldn't. He should ****ing sit there and wait for his title shot.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

Lighten up, Francis.  Work on a chance for the HW strap.  Jonny Bones will keep on running from you forever.