Sign in to follow this  
MoZZez

Rogan

Sounds like he is heading to Spotify for a 100 million dollar deal.

Dropping all other sources for his podcast for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Sounds like he is heading to Spotify for a 100 million dollar deal.

Dropping all other sources for his podcast for it.

Awesome.  Sick of using chitty apps to get @ him

37 minutes ago, Ozpride said:

Awesome.  Sick of using chitty apps to get @ him

I'm just more shocked at 100m for a podcast.

I must be clueless to podcasts in this day and age, as well as how big Joe really is.

Good on him though.

i'd have to pay someone 100 million just to sit through one of my podcasts

unless i could convince georges st pierre to come onto my show

in that case i'd be paying 200 million

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, MoZZez said:

I'm just more shocked at 100m for a podcast.

I must be clueless to podcasts in this day and age, as well as how big Joe really is.

Good on him though.

Well Spotify's primary competitor is Apple music, to give you an idea of their skope. I wonder how people will watch his shows live though,  as some people apparently like to do. Eg. Elon not inhaling etc.   Far as I know there's no access for that on Spotify.. The only thing I don't use for Spotify is audio books and that's because I pirate that ish 

1 hour ago, Ozpride said:

Well Spotify's primary competitor is Apple music, to give you an idea of their skope. I wonder how people will watch his shows live though,  as some people apparently like to do. Eg. Elon not inhaling etc.   Far as I know there's no access for that on Spotify.. The only thing I don't use for Spotify is audio books and that's because I pirate that ish 

Rogan said the video and audio will be free on Spotify so they must have the ability. 

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Rogan said the video and audio will be free on Spotify so they must have the ability. 

Correct, but you have to pay for it to be commercial free....otherwise you're bombed with ads like YouTube for free

Weird thing is, is that I don’t ‘listen to him. I ‘watch’ him (YouTube only)

I would think lots of other people do the same. Someone at Spotify is asleep at the wheel.

If it’s non viewing Podcast; Audio only. I’ll give it 8 months before they cancel the deal... 

Edited by Conceive-Believe-Achieve

40 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Correct, but you have to pay for it to be commercial free....otherwise you're bombed with ads like YouTube for free

The commercials don't bother me, they are pretty limited. It's BS that you can't minimize the screen with YouTube without paying for premium though. 

I don't like using Spotify and i'm pretty bummed out he's making it exclusive. Half of the fun on YT was the comments & being able to watch it without signing in. 

I srsly doubt i will watch it anymore & it was my fav podcast by far. 

Wish him luck but man he sold out making it exclusive to a platform some people don't use or like. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I don't like using Spotify and i'm pretty bummed out he's making it exclusive. Half of the fun on YT was the comments & being able to watch it without signing in. 

I srsly doubt i will watch it anymore & it was my fav podcast by far. 

Wish him luck but man he sold out making it exclusive to a platform some people don't use or like. 

I think YouTube trying to censor and remove any random videos they don't agree with might have played a role in his decision. That seems to be a topic of conversation on there a lot recently. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I think YouTube trying to censor and remove any random videos they don't agree with might have played a role in his decision. That seems to be a topic of conversation on there a lot recently. 

He has a lot of guests like Alex Jones on his show, who big tech have labeled as misinformation providers, and effectively censored and ostracized. I guarantee that played a role in his decision.

Edited by cashfl0w

Alex Jones is enough to ban anyone from YouTube, he's a schmuck.

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I'm sure it did. Joe & people like Tim Pool, Crowder, Jordan Peterson, Eric W. have talked about it a lot. Not just them but a lot of gaming streamers as well or anyone that talks about religion, guns or right leaning politics are under constant threat of cancel. Basically you go slightly against the PC machine & mob you're in trouble. 

A lot of those channels are not even controversial but YT wants a certain type of content that is corporate and far left so they go out of their way to make those channels less popular in sneaky ways with algorithm fk'ery, shadow banning videos, unsubscribing/notification fk'ery,  down voting, outright pulling videos & de-monitizing when they had no problem with them for yrs. They also do the opposite to promote "friendly" corporate brand channels but the brass within YT is PC on steroids & the snitch force SJW activist mob that is a minority reports anything that outrages them ( which is every damn thing ). That is the crowd they're after for business reasons. They gonna kill their own platform & turn into a super duper safe space utopia no one wants to watch. 

I saw Elon posted on Joe's twitter "Cancel Cancel Culture". Can't say i don't agree. I would just really prefer if Joe & the IDW as a whole plus maybe Dave Chappelle & a few others all together created an alternative themselves & did their own platform. Or use something like Bit chute. Maybe many will make a mass exodus now & YT will start to sweat & stop with their gestapo tactics & go back to being what got them to the dance. 

I'm gonna miss JRE though for however long he signed that contract. I refuse to use Spotify. I don't like using the platform, ads are even more constant than YT, i don't like you can't watch without logging in, no comments section for extra giggles & i'm not going out of my way to pirate JRE just to watch his show. YT with all it's BS was at least very convenient to watch. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Haha 1

Unless Spotify offers an option to skip adds for free users Joe's podcast is going to see substantially less views. 

There are too many subscription services these days Cable, Hulu, Disney, Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. etc.....it adds up. At least YT have a community & the option for people to skip their adds even on the free service. 

I stopped using Spotify because i don't like the interface as much as YT & they don't have a skip ads option. You have to pay for subscription or suffer through their ads. I'm not paying for Spotify premium & their ads you have to watch like every 10 min it would just drive me nuts.

Great for Joe but it's gonna kill a lot of his viewership but maybe that's the plan because he was getting to big and becoming a target. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope part of the deal was that he didnt have Brendan Scrub back on ever again.

Brendan: I think its true.

Joe: actually, i think its not true  

Brendan: Absolutely

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Spotify is dope. Y'all cans who watch Joe dribble chit to his guests on yt have to learn how to multi-task. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Bwana said:

Alex Jones is enough to ban anyone from YouTube, he's a schmuck.

Yeah, censorship is so much fun.

• Like 1

Kinda sucks because I liked my Joe stuff to be mixed in with all the other YT stuff I browse. I'll give spotify a shot though.

18 hours ago, StompGrind said:

"Cancel Cancel Culture"

twitter tried to cancel me one time because they thought i hated women 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, agtx said:

Hope part of the deal was that he didnt have Brendan Scrub back on ever again.

Brendan: I think its true.

Joe: actually, i think its not true  

Brendan: Absolutely

Every time...

Schaub: It's not a big deal.

Rogan: Well I wouldn't say it's not a big deal.

Schaub: Well, I mean it might be a big deal.

Rogan: It definitely is a big deal.

Schaub: A big deal for sure.

Rogan: A hundred percent.

Schaub: A HUNDRED percent.

7 hours ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

To be honest. We should all actually let Spotify fail. The amount of money they pay the music Artists is criminal

More than the zero dollars YouTube pays them though

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont see how anyone can blame Joe. From what I understand YT has been getting more and more ridiculous with things like copyright strikes. 

• Thanks 1

Not actually bothered to read up on about it.

Spotify only do Audio.. And considering (IMO), Rogan's content is better being 'viewed', rather than 'listened' too. Will there be Visual content on Spotify or what? Does anyone know?

53 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Not actually bothered to read up on about it.

Spotify only do Audio.. And considering (IMO), Rogan's content is better being 'viewed', rather than 'listened' too. Will there be Visual content on Spotify or what? Does anyone know?

Spotify does not only do audio.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

no they dont!

source: wickles is never wrong

33 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

So he could have a 'Youtube' like show???

8 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

no they dont!

source: wickles is never wrong

Thank you bud... I'll watch a GSP fight in your honour.... Maybe the first Matt Serra?

9 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Thank you bud... I'll watch a GSP fight in your honour.... Maybe the first Matt Serra?

sure.  that was the one that transformed georges into the goat that he is today.  i dont see why you wouldnt enjoy it.   you can even watch the rematch right after!

Edited by -idyb-

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

sure.  that was the one that transformed georges into the goat that he is today.  i dont see why you wouldnt enjoy it.   you can even watch the rematch right after!

Only rematch i'm hot for, is Rockhold vs Bisping

12 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Yeah, his show doesn't have to really change at all. 

The only thing is that I don't believe they have a chat board for viewers to talk. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

Yeah, his show doesn't have to really change at all. 

The only thing is that I don't believe they have a chat board for viewers to talk. 

But i've read, he will remove all excess to his content

I know this. Depending on the other seat. If it's not visual. I won't 'listen'

1 minute ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Only rematch i'm hot for, is Rockhold vs Bisping

fortunately for you, the ufc decided to put it up for free yesterday

the pinnacle of michael bispings career. after defeating anderson silva, elvis, that guy who knocked out fedor, sexyama, the deaf guy who beat jon jones, alan belcher,  and the guy who knocked rich franklin into retirement, the rockhold rematch was the pinnacle of michael "hands of steel" bisping's career.   not only did he capture the middleweight championship, but up until GSP came along, bisping became the greatest middleweight on the planet after landing this bomb on rockhold.

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

fortunately for you, the ufc decided to put it up for free yesterday

the pinnacle of michael bispings career. after defeating anderson silva, elvis, that guy who knocked out fedor, sexyama, the deaf guy who beat jon jones, alan belcher,  and the guy who knocked rich franklin into retirement, the rockhold rematch was the pinnacle of michael "hands of steel" bisping's career.   not only did he capture the middleweight championship, but up until GSP came along, bisping became the greatest middleweight on the planet after landing this bomb on rockhold.

I got BT Sport and UFC Fight Pass

Was great.... Conceive..........

lol imagine paying for fight pass

but yeah rockhold vs bisping 2 brought in a new era.   after seeing what bisping did to anderson silva, and then luke rockhold and air hendo in their rematches, not many other fighters had the testicular fortitude to want to step into the cage and challenge a prime michael bisping for the title 

fortunately for the UFC, Georges St. Pierre was able to give those brass balls of his a tug, move up a weight class, and step up, when no other fighter had the cajonas to take bisping on. GSP even had to come out of retirement and take the fight, because the UFC couldnt find any opponent on the active roster who stood a chance of beating that british twat waffle in his prime

bisping bless!

Edited by -idyb-

ive seen virtually every fight and i would never pay a dollar for that chit

what is the point of fight pass subscriptions anymore now that ufc wants to put everything behind ESPN+  ???

Edited by -idyb-

6 dollars a month? man if those were british pounds, i could probably get a high class hooker for that kind of dough

6 canadian dollars might get me a burger and fries from some crappy fast food joint if im lucky

Edited by -idyb-

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

6 dollars a month? man if those were british pounds, i could probably get a high class hooker for that kind of dough

6 canadian dollars might get me a burger and fries from some crappy fast food joint if im lucky

No one cares about Canada

what chithole are u from bro?

Edited by -idyb-

7 minutes ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

Not North AMERICA

so basically a chithole so chitty youre too ashamed to admit which chithole you chit in

much impressive brah. time to pack my bags.

Edited by -idyb-

you dont want dark welchie to track down the country you live in and knock your tooth out?

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

what chithole are u from bro?

He lives in Ireland, and Dark is about 1 hour away.

30 minutes ago, Bwana said:

He lives in Ireland, and Dark is about 1 hour away.

figured as much. he had dublin in his location when he first joined. and perhaps a conor AV too

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

figured as much. he had dublin in his location when he first joined. and perhaps a conor AV too

He lost a tooth bl0wing Conor, and refuses to meet up with @Dark_Horse